Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,791 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana (13181 Views)

Lineups Released For The Nigeria Match Against Ghana: Your Thoughts? / Super Eagles Arrive Ghana For World Qualifier Play Offs Against Ghana (Photos) / Ladies Fight Over Maduka Okoye (super Eagles Goalkeeper ) After A Recent Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana by shevchenko(m): 11:05pm On Jan 30, 2022
Maduka Emilio Okoye is a Nigerian professional footballer who plays as a goalkeeper for Sparta Rotterdam, on loan from Premier League club Watford and the Nigeria national team

Yes or No

I choose No

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana by Totilopussylick(m): 11:31pm On Jan 30, 2022
Why not

Or is it because of the confusion that took place in Cameron

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana by HarlequinLekex: 11:47pm On Jan 30, 2022
shevchenko:
Yes or No

I choose No
If you say no then who would we use is it Apheyi or Uzoho or Eczenwa?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana by greatfucker: 12:02am On Jan 31, 2022
I swear to God uzoho is far better than that okoye

125 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana by shevchenko(m): 12:23am On Jan 31, 2022
Totilopussylick:
Why not

Or is it because of the confusion that took place in Cameron

What confusion?

4 Likes

Re: Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana by shevchenko(m): 12:23am On Jan 31, 2022
greatfucker:
I swear to God uzoho is far better than that okoye
True

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana by shevchenko(m): 12:24am On Jan 31, 2022
HarlequinLekex:
If you say no then who would we use is it Apheyi or Uzoho or Eczenwa?

Uzoho

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana by guobe: 1:44am On Jan 31, 2022
We need to know who is really our best goalkeepers both playing in the npfl here in Nigeria and abroad.We have very good goalkeepers in the Nigerian league and as an advocate of Nigerian league players,I prefer the Nigerian league goalkeepers.

14 Likes

Re: Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana by paulolee(m): 4:47am On Jan 31, 2022
invited or not, I no wan see am near dt post mk I no swear for e already falling career....
mk uzoho start followed by akpeyi, if both no de available, mk dm come NPFL kum pick keeper abeeg

45 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana by shevchenko(m): 8:22am On Feb 01, 2022
paulolee:
invited or not, I no wan see am near dt post mk I no swear for am...
..uzoho should start followed by akpeyi

cheesy cheesy
Re: Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana by shevchenko(m): 8:23am On Feb 01, 2022
guobe:
We need to know who is really our best goalkeepers both playing in the npfl here in Nigeria and abroad.We have very good goalkeepers in the Nigerian league and as an advocate of Nigerian league players,I prefer the Nigerian league goalkeepers.

angry
Re: Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana by SyrusdeHansome(m): 12:16pm On Feb 01, 2022
Is it because he made one mistake? Show me one keeper that has never made a mistake before. Nigerians are always too quick to give up on pple and funny enough these set of pple are not even perfect in what they do but will demand perfection from others. Uzoho that couldn't last in Laliga is what u guys are recommending to replace Maduka.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana by Emu4life(m): 12:47pm On Feb 01, 2022
EMPHATIC NO!!!!!
Maduka Okoye is overrated, even Uzoho is better than him.
1 Shot faced=1 Goal conceded, what kinda goalkeeper is that
The NFF should look into our NPFL, bring out a talent and refine in preparation for the World Cup.
Meanwhile, Uzoho should man the post against Ghana. He is more trustworthy.
Make Maduka go continue with him Model work.

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana by Emu4life(m): 12:54pm On Feb 01, 2022
SyrusdeHansome:
Is it because he made one mistake? Show me one keeper that has never made a mistake before. Nigerians are always too quick to give up on pple and funny enough these set of pple are not even perfect in what they do but will demand perfection from others. Uzoho that couldn't last in Laliga is what u guys are recommending to replace Maduka.
Yes, a single mistake that knocked us out of the Tournament even as Favorite.
Uzoho has proven himself. He was our Goalkeeper at the World Cup 2018, and as far as we can recall, goalkeeper wasn't the reason we got knocked out.
Akpeyi was given chance in Egypt AFCON 2019, he disgraced us against Algeria.
Now Okoye too just disgraced us when we needed him most.
We can't continue with untrustworthy People within our sticks cuz it is a catastrophe waiting to happen.
UZOHO is tested and trusted, he is more reliable.

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana by Nobody: 1:01pm On Feb 01, 2022
Abeg I get small change for melbet how I fit remove am I no get sub any way to remove am
Re: Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana by Cmanforall: 1:01pm On Feb 01, 2022
No

Nigeria should rather have Enyeama or Shorome on the goalpost than Maduka.

1 Like

Re: Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana by namo77: 1:01pm On Feb 01, 2022
Why not?

Or you want to invite Edouard Mendy?

1 Like

Re: Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana by nickyj19: 1:02pm On Feb 01, 2022
I chose Ezenwa

2 Likes

Re: Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana by Soso990240(m): 1:02pm On Feb 01, 2022
The guy is decent when u check his club side performance. He is better than the current Eagles goalkeepers .

1 Like

Re: Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana by SmartyPants(m): 1:02pm On Feb 01, 2022
SyrusdeHansome:

He made several errors actually. Okoye kept spilling the ball but kept getting away with it.

For now Uzoho is the most reliable.

10 Likes

Re: Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana by namo77: 1:02pm On Feb 01, 2022
SyrusdeHansome:

Don't mind them....

1 Like

Re: Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana by shevchenko(m): 1:03pm On Feb 01, 2022
shevchenko:

Yes or No

I choose No

Hahah FTP Mod don put me for front page o
Re: Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana by Soso990240(m): 1:03pm On Feb 01, 2022
nickyj19:
I chose Ezenwa
Ezenwa is good, but age is not on his side.
Re: Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana by WibusJaga: 1:03pm On Feb 01, 2022

With the controversy & lack of belief in Okoye now, he should be left out. Uzoho or any other keeper should be considered.

LIKE for Uzoho, SHARE for Okoye.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana by wifeesnatcher(m): 1:03pm On Feb 01, 2022
Maduka okoye is not fit to be a goal keeper, he will always be favourite of third club football team

he's too full of fear and not Bold, he made some errors in some of the matches in group stage if not for the good defenders then I begin to ask is this one a goal keeper

as it is now SE dont have goal keeper, we should scout for one while at that Uzoho should maintained that number 1 shirt

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana by mytime24(f): 1:03pm On Feb 01, 2022
Yup

To catch wierd free kick and penalties
Re: Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana by NOwazobia: 1:03pm On Feb 01, 2022
I am not a fan of his.

1 Like

Re: Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana by bigdammyj: 1:03pm On Feb 01, 2022
Yes

1 Like

Re: Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana by Cmanforall: 1:04pm On Feb 01, 2022
Soso990240:
The guy is decent when u check his club side performance. He is better than the current Eagles goalkeepers .
Club performance?
Nigerians

That is his club there sitting on relegation bench

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana by nickyj19: 1:04pm On Feb 01, 2022
Soso990240:
Ezenwa is good, but age is not on his side.
I thought I'm the only one who notice,
Re: Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana by polite2(m): 1:04pm On Feb 01, 2022
Big no

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Odion Ighalo To Return To Super Eagles / Super Eagles Players Reportedly Against Decision To Sack Rohr / Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.