Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,420 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

My In-laws Driving Me Nuts - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My In-laws Driving Me Nuts (36118 Views)

My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! / My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy / Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by garfield1: 8:47am On Jun 25, 2022
Sorry.crazy in laws.
Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by AntiWailer: 8:48am On Jun 25, 2022
Calm down
Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by Aguogba(m): 8:48am On Jun 25, 2022
OP is just looking for free space to enter street but husband and his family are smarter than her. No breathing space. E choke wella.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by Obiorahpcfg: 8:49am On Jun 25, 2022
You are a very bad wife that has come to bring division amongst siblings! Shuuum

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by joyandfaith: 8:51am On Jun 25, 2022
Olarhhh:
I and my husband live in a mini flat (a room and parlor self contain) and since the very day we got the place early last year, his younger brother has been living with us because he fought with their father and my husband told him to come over to his place (we weren't married then but live together) so he continued living with us till he went to school last year November, and we were both happy that we can finally have our own privacy.

Meanwhile my husband has a very nosy family, different family member keep coming to visit Everytime and spending up to 2 weeks until I change attitude to them and make them leave.

Fast forward to December, a month after his brother left, the parents called to let his sister move with us, hubby declined but his family won't budge so he accepted.

Now hubby has travelled abroad and the sister wouldn't leave, I don't know what to do, she doesn't do anything here and she's rude. I want her to leave, I've tried stopping all the comfort she enjoys when her brother was around.

Please help

Try to join your husband in abroad.
Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by Ate247(m): 8:51am On Jun 25, 2022
Worriedwife:

Address her sister inlaw’s rudeness and laziness. If her blood sister is rude, am sure she would have beaten her silly. Not all of us tolerate nonsense frm our siblings
The sister might not be what she's describing her. Maybe she just wanna turn his sister to a house help and the sister ain't accepting that. That's why she said she is rude and lazy.
Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by Nonexisting: 8:52am On Jun 25, 2022
You want her to leave so you will have space to fucck around. Mtchew. She is not going anywhere.

6 Likes

Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by akpunda86: 8:52am On Jun 25, 2022
Olarhhh:
I and my husband live in a mini flat (a room and parlor self contain) and since the very day we got the place early last year, his younger brother has been living with us because he fought with their father and my husband told him to come over to his place (we weren't married then but live together) so he continued living with us till he went to school last year November, and we were both happy that we can finally have our own privacy.

Meanwhile my husband has a very nosy family, different family member keep coming to visit Everytime and spending up to 2 weeks until I change attitude to them and make them leave.

Fast forward to December, a month after his brother left, the parents called to let his sister move with us, hubby declined but his family won't budge so he accepted.

Now hubby has travelled abroad and the sister wouldn't leave, I don't know what to do, she doesn't do anything here and she's rude. I want her to leave, I've tried stopping all the comfort she enjoys when her brother was around.

Please help

U want to cheat,and the sister an obstacle to you,Is not gud only u staying when u know Ur hubby is outside the country,it was well planned,Ur hubby knows he will be travelling so was an arangee for the sis going forget it,was made to look like the family sent her,even if me Na same I go do..And u never get kids,Abeg sis park well and enjoy your sis inlaw.

Now let me read comments

3 Likes

Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by Vickho: 8:53am On Jun 25, 2022
Olarhhh:

Please help
you're a very foolish entitled woman.
That her sister is not leaving anyway, she has more right in that house than you.
You're a stranger whose time in that house is ticking.
Do you know if not her sister that helped your husband become successful you wouldn't even think twice of marrying him?
Foolish woman

2 Likes

Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by YourFavorite21(m): 8:54am On Jun 25, 2022
this is one thing I will never tolerate , you are married to your husband and not the entire family, you deserve your privacy, some in-law are very useless and lazy, once you give them soft hand forget it

8 Likes

Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by Pimine: 8:54am On Jun 25, 2022
Lol. The issue was space abi? Now it's not space anymore cos you're just 2 people living there now - you and your SIL.

Now your hubby has travelled abroad but your SIL's presence will deter you from fùcking around and disrespecting your marriage vows. That's the real problem you have with your SIL.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by smartoliver(m): 8:55am On Jun 25, 2022
Call any of your family members to coms stay with you for a while. If you have a sister or cousin. grin
Olarhhh:

Please help

3 Likes

Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by Ate247(m): 8:55am On Jun 25, 2022
ibechris:
People may u see u as a bad wife but your husband is the cause of this problem.

Every newly married and even old time married couple deserve their privacy. No matter how one sees it. Your in laws should have known this before hand.

This is a clear case of asunder and i see no reason why such a person should continue to stay when her brother is not around.

Talk to your husband that he needs to iron this matter squarely and let everyone be. Since it wasn't job that took her down to your house, what is she their for if not to cause problem.

Terrible
in laws!

Don't u think she might have talk to the husband and he disagrees. The sister can't just stay there if the husband ain't in support. She probably wants freedom so she can be dinning with the hoes.

1 Like

Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by toprealman: 8:55am On Jun 25, 2022
Olarhhh:

Please help
Simple, go rent a new place. Tell bros that you cannot compromise your mental health and the good part is that you are running the package with our personal mulah....offering not supported! Leave everything for his sister.... even to the unused tissue paper!
Male child should choose to be a man or a boy. As for the girl child, the earlier you decide to be a woman the better!

6 Likes

Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by Osuman(m): 8:56am On Jun 25, 2022
ibechris:
People may u see u as a bad wife but your husband is the cause of this problem.

Every newly married and even old time married couple deserve their privacy. No matter how one sees it. Your in laws should have known this before hand.

This is a clear case of asunder and i see no reason why such a person should continue to stay when her brother is not around.

Talk to your husband that he needs to iron this matter squarely and let everyone be. Since it wasn't job that took her down to your house, what is she their for if not to cause problem.

Terrible
in laws!
Chairman this is hostile that woman husband is not around is it not now she need someone to stay with her? All this privacy issue I don't just understand oh. Let her know she is not only married to the man alone but also to the husband family at large, let be a good wife Sheena. Haha.

1 Like

Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by Harmony92(f): 8:57am On Jun 25, 2022
sisisioge:

If it were her family member,it will be easy to address the rudeness heads-on. But with inlaws, you cant say much.

For instance, she could tell her sibling to get her assz off the couch and get something done in the house....she could also reset her erring sibling with whatever is required. So please understand the limitations of living with inlaws....especially the saucy ones.
My kid sis living with me if she misbehave she dey collect o unlike my hubby younger sister dat stopped greeting me because I didn't allow her to come n live with us cheesy. Her own blood sister chased her out of her home because of her rude behavior. Blood sister no fit bear her yeye character na me the sister in-law wan come near am?

9 Likes

Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by Ernesthugo(m): 8:57am On Jun 25, 2022
na your ex bf dick they hungry you fa
Olarhhh:

Please help
Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by xcessm: 8:57am On Jun 25, 2022
As a rule, don't let your family members move permanently into your matrimonial home. It doesn't go well most of the time. If you must, agree with your partner on it then buckle up for the consequences.

3 Likes

Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by sonssyo: 8:57am On Jun 25, 2022
Olarhhh:

Please help

In all the things you said, you didn't mention that you guys got married, may be that is one of the factors they are been rude to you, believe me there is nothing , absolutely nothing you can do about it. even if you are married to the brother, the only change is you have your pride but that behaviour of there's will not change rather you will find a way to manage them.
Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by TheRealestGuy(m): 8:57am On Jun 25, 2022
sisisioge:
Matter wey you for don resolve before the dude travelled. Na him guest, not yours. As he was leaving, she leaves with him.

At this point it is very dicey o. Best thing is to move from the house or keep endeavouring. Families like that are very silly! It is not enough that husband and wife are crammed in a tiny apartment, they had to feston a third party on them. And aunty 3rd party too no well. It is well jare grin

A one bed flat for a new couple is tiny apartment?

Nigerians never cease to amaze me cheesy

1 Like

Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by Mrkumareze(m): 8:57am On Jun 25, 2022
If the food she eats is the problem, let your husband and probably the family know that there's no food in the house..
I wouldn't say more cos I see several issues in this situation, addressing them may take a whole day

3 Likes

Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by Ernesthugo(m): 8:58am On Jun 25, 2022
you get
Ate247:
Don't u think she might have talk to the husband and he disagrees. The sister can't just stay there if the husband ain't in support. She probably wants freedom so she can be dinning with the hoes.
Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by Oyiboman69: 9:00am On Jun 25, 2022
Olarhhh:
I updated the story under the comments since questions keep coming
I don't have any problem with my inlaw, infact staying around when my husband left is best but he left a lot of loan to be paid and he hasn't secured a job over there yet and their mother won't let me take her as my own sister but my inlaw,,, it's inconvenience..
A sister would understand the situation, some inlaws will also, but not my own inlaw, that's why I need space
Her being around is extra mouth to feed
try the best you can and don't try to deny her anything and also don't do it at your own detriment,you could sometimes need her help in the future, try engaging her with anything that will yield something positive to support the home good luck
Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by Ixodes(m): 9:01am On Jun 25, 2022
Worriedwife:

Address her sister inlaw’s rudeness and laziness. If her blood sister is rude, am sure she would have beaten her silly. Not all of us tolerate nonsense frm our siblings
please don't judge from a side of a story it's dangerous...read her story well. They were living with the brother in-law even before they got married and it wasn't addressed then suddenly they are married it became a challenge.

1 Like

Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by Nobody: 9:02am On Jun 25, 2022
You are married now,learn to love your new family , it is not easy, you are not raise up the same way, but she is your new sister according to the law hence the word sister in law. Moreover you need company, so try to build your relationship...The husband should also have a listening ear of his wife, because I also don't understand the monitoring spirit he left at home...but at least no one is going to accuse of anything, especially when a man comes visiting .

1 Like

Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by Anaerobi(m): 9:02am On Jun 25, 2022
You don't know how the family trained the young man, you came from nowhere to put them apart.

Rubb!sh
Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by phemmyfour: 9:03am On Jun 25, 2022
Olarhhh:

Please help
Your hubby is at fault, discuss with him. There is little to nothing you can do without his support

3 Likes

Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by Ara21(f): 9:04am On Jun 25, 2022
Worriedwife:

Exactly. I have read comments here, I feel for the OP because I know exactly what she is going through same as me, nobody will ever understand her point of view, these people are rud, very rude. They dominate you in your own house.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

10 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage - Vanguard / No Money, No Erection!!! / My Ten Years Of Marriage Is Falling Apart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.