Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

How To Delete A Cached Page On Google Or Have It Crawled An Updated Page - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Delete A Cached Page On Google Or Have It Crawled An Updated Page (2451 Views)

Find What You Are Looking For Faster On Google / Will Google Or Apple Acquire Facebook Soon? / Who Is Bigger: Google Or Yahoo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Delete A Cached Page On Google Or Have It Crawled An Updated Page by Fhemmmy: 7:42pm On Jun 22, 2011
Any help on this please?
Contacted Google and was denied twice
Re: How To Delete A Cached Page On Google Or Have It Crawled An Updated Page by yawatide(f): 9:11pm On Jun 22, 2011
I can't speak for the former but for the latter, you will just have to wait for the next google dance. What is google dance? Google it. How often do they dance? No one knows.
Re: How To Delete A Cached Page On Google Or Have It Crawled An Updated Page by Fhemmmy: 11:51pm On Jun 22, 2011
yawa-ti-de:

I can't speak for the former but for the latter, you will just have to wait for the next google dance. What is google dance? Google it. How often do they dance? No one knows.

That is the most annoying part, no one knows when and how often they do the dance.
I am hoping they will dance within couple of days, cos nothing is worse than misinformation
Thanks for your response
Re: How To Delete A Cached Page On Google Or Have It Crawled An Updated Page by yawatide(f): 11:45am On Jun 23, 2011
Come on man! If they told you, then everyone would be ranked #1 as they would be improving their sites all at the same time tongue

Just like it is in the Bible, the Lord cometh like a thief in the night. Lesson: Always be prepared cool
Re: How To Delete A Cached Page On Google Or Have It Crawled An Updated Page by Fhemmmy: 1:16pm On Jun 23, 2011
yawa-ti-de:

Come on man! If they told you, then everyone would be ranked #1 as they would be improving their sites all at the same time tongue

Just like it is in the Bible, the Lord cometh like a thief in the night. Lesson: Always be prepared cool

You are very right.
Re: How To Delete A Cached Page On Google Or Have It Crawled An Updated Page by Fhemmmy: 1:16pm On Jun 23, 2011
After couple of denials from Google . . . . they have finally removed the outdated cache. . . . i am sure it was God's favor oh and i marvel at it
Re: How To Delete A Cached Page On Google Or Have It Crawled An Updated Page by utimatedes(m): 2:31pm On Jun 23, 2011
Google Dance every 3months interval
Re: How To Delete A Cached Page On Google Or Have It Crawled An Updated Page by yawatide(f): 3:39pm On Jun 23, 2011
ultimades:
But on what date? And when you say intervals, is it March, June, September, December?
Re: How To Delete A Cached Page On Google Or Have It Crawled An Updated Page by Fhemmmy: 5:25pm On Jun 23, 2011
yawa-ti-de:

ultimades:
But on what date? And when you say intervals, is it March, June, September, December?

Great question
Re: How To Delete A Cached Page On Google Or Have It Crawled An Updated Page by yawatide(f): 6:56pm On Jun 23, 2011
FHemmmmy:
My point: Again, no one knows.
Re: How To Delete A Cached Page On Google Or Have It Crawled An Updated Page by Fhemmmy: 12:28am On Jun 24, 2011
yawa-ti-de:

FHemmmmy:
My point: Again, no one knows.

I honestly believe that no one knows . . . cos i have done an extensive research on it.
Are you a webmaster and web developer? might have a project for you
Re: How To Delete A Cached Page On Google Or Have It Crawled An Updated Page by yawatide(f): 2:57am On Jun 24, 2011
People who know me call me a web developer. So, what might you have for me?
Re: How To Delete A Cached Page On Google Or Have It Crawled An Updated Page by dellnet: 8:14am On Jun 24, 2011
is the page you want indexed again in your xml sitemap?
Re: How To Delete A Cached Page On Google Or Have It Crawled An Updated Page by utimatedes(m): 11:13am On Jun 24, 2011
It usually done in ending of March, June, September and Dec./Jan.

It was when I was researching to make my site rank high and also to have good understanding of SEO that I discovered it.

My main browser is Mozilla Firefox, and it with Mozilla, I installed some plugin that monitor page rank and other features.

Please note that for indexing, it is done immediately the Google bot crawl your site.

But with Google recent launched of Panda and the damaged it has done to most sites and other top sites like hudpage, daniweb, Articlebase, Ezinearticle etc, I cannot say whether they still keep to that format.

I am still watching them and to see how I can manipulate Google to have my way to the top with most of my duplicate contents
Re: How To Delete A Cached Page On Google Or Have It Crawled An Updated Page by dellnet: 12:09pm On Jun 24, 2011
have my way to the top with most of my duplicate contents
grin
whats this Panda?
Re: How To Delete A Cached Page On Google Or Have It Crawled An Updated Page by utimatedes(m): 6:24pm On Jun 24, 2011
[quotewhats this Panda?][quote][/quote]

Google panda is a new algorithm that works against the website with low quality contents or duplicate content.

If you are the type that post them articles across all your websites or anywhere you find it easy to post, google panda will work against you.

It is a new algorithm to work against autoblog, content farm and so on.
Re: How To Delete A Cached Page On Google Or Have It Crawled An Updated Page by Fhemmmy: 7:45pm On Jun 24, 2011
yawa-ti-de:

People who know me call me a web developer. So, what might you have for me?

I have a very complicated site to develop, might take some time . . . or should i call it collection of sites.
Let us talk outside of here, but your price will determine the route

Leave your contact and i will be in touch
Re: How To Delete A Cached Page On Google Or Have It Crawled An Updated Page by mplusp(f): 8:10pm On Jun 24, 2011
Fhemmmy:

Any help on this please?
Contacted Google and was denied twice

You need to resubmit your sitemap.xml in Google webmasters tool so that the spiders will come and crawl your page within 2 days!

And normally, the more often you update your site, the more often Google will come to crawl it. They don't want to waste their resources on a site that never gets updated.
Re: How To Delete A Cached Page On Google Or Have It Crawled An Updated Page by Mobinga: 7:05am On Jun 25, 2011
Google's power is bursting at the seams.
Re: How To Delete A Cached Page On Google Or Have It Crawled An Updated Page by Fhemmmy: 2:19pm On Jun 27, 2011
Mobinga:

Could you please explain?
Re: How To Delete A Cached Page On Google Or Have It Crawled An Updated Page by Mobinga: 2:46pm On Jun 27, 2011

Google has amassed brobdingnagian-like power. It almost controls the web.
Re: How To Delete A Cached Page On Google Or Have It Crawled An Updated Page by Fhemmmy: 3:19pm On Jun 27, 2011
Mobinga:

Google has amassed brobdingnagian-like power. It almost controls the web.

Ok . . .Now i understand, thanks for the explanation.
And i think it will be like that for a while, since Yahoo has refused to break into the cycle of powerful search engine
Re: How To Delete A Cached Page On Google Or Have It Crawled An Updated Page by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jun 27, 2011
Well, it is through, through loads of services, google are in control of a lot of things running on the web. That is why some call it "the almighty google"
Re: How To Delete A Cached Page On Google Or Have It Crawled An Updated Page by Fhemmmy: 12:27am On Jun 28, 2011
*dhtml:

Well, it is through, through loads of services, google are in control of a lot of things running on the web. That is why some call it "the almighty google"

I agree with you
Re: How To Delete A Cached Page On Google Or Have It Crawled An Updated Page by Fhemmmy: 1:10pm On Jun 28, 2011
True leadership must be for the benefit of the followers, not to enrich the leader.
Re: How To Delete A Cached Page On Google Or Have It Crawled An Updated Page by Fhemmmy: 7:47pm On Jun 28, 2011
Sir Isaac Newton called it the third principle of motion. He said, "For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction."
Re: How To Delete A Cached Page On Google Or Have It Crawled An Updated Page by Fhemmmy: 5:53pm On Jun 29, 2011
What are your own idea
Re: How To Delete A Cached Page On Google Or Have It Crawled An Updated Page by Fhemmmy: 3:17am On Jul 01, 2011
Happiness is a matter of one's most ordinary and everyday mode of consciousness being busy and lively and unconcerned with self
Re: How To Delete A Cached Page On Google Or Have It Crawled An Updated Page by Fhemmmy: 4:29am On Jul 02, 2011
Share your knowledge with us . . . .
Re: How To Delete A Cached Page On Google Or Have It Crawled An Updated Page by Fhemmmy: 7:44pm On Jul 02, 2011
You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.
Re: How To Delete A Cached Page On Google Or Have It Crawled An Updated Page by Fhemmmy: 12:34am On Jul 04, 2011
Another week is here

(1) (2) (Reply)

Blogger Or Wordpress, Which One Is Better In Creating Music Blog / Who's Using Infolinks Ad Network Here? Does It Pay? / I Need A Website Designer Who Is Very Good In E-commerce Design

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.