Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,114 members, 7,852,769 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 05:02 AM

Germany Visa Refusal. Help?! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Germany Visa Refusal. Help?! (1395 Views)

Why A Nigerian Was Denied Schengen Visa (Refusal Letter) / UK Visa Refusal Letter / Algerian Woman Denied French Citizenship Over Refusal For Handshake - BBC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Germany Visa Refusal. Help?! by Nobody: 5:33pm On Feb 02, 2022
Hello,
My mum was denied visa to Germany today. I want to appeal but I'll love input on what can be the cause and the best way to go about it.
My sister's husband invited her, they just had a baby though that wasn't mentioned.
We presented leave letter for 3 months, bank statement, letter of employment, payslips, and letter of introduction by her boss.
We also provided my sister and her husband's marriage certificate, his permit and passport, proof of residence, guarantee form, etc.
I don't understand what could have gone wrong, please I'll appreciate input.

Re: Germany Visa Refusal. Help?! by Nobody: 5:40pm On Feb 02, 2022
First of all, how old is your mom? It's very unusual for someone above 60 to be denied based on the specified reasons. From the look of things, your mum is probably 40+/50+...

Secondly, you may ask your brother in-law to contact the Alien's Authority in Germany and complain to them so they can open a file to that effect.

Thirdly, you must know that "Omugwo" is not always an understandable concept to these people at Walter Carrington. But she can always appeal it and I am sure she'll be given eventually. grin

1 Like

Re: Germany Visa Refusal. Help?! by Nobody: 5:59pm On Feb 02, 2022
My mom is 54 and we know about the omugwo thing, that's why i wrote "that wasn't mentioned"
Re: Germany Visa Refusal. Help?! by Nobody: 6:03pm On Feb 02, 2022
chizzily:
My mom is 54 and we know about the omugwo thing, that's why i wrote "that wasn't mentioned"

Alright then. I believe you guys can appeal the decision, so it's not a big deal... Kindly work on that asap and see what happens.

1 Like

Re: Germany Visa Refusal. Help?! by Nobody: 6:06pm On Feb 02, 2022
Loewe:

Alright then. I believe you guys can appeal the decision, so it's not a big deal... Kindly work on that asap and see what happens.
Okay thank you
Re: Germany Visa Refusal. Help?! by Nobody: 6:12pm On Feb 02, 2022
chizzily:

Okay thank you

You're welcome. wink
Re: Germany Visa Refusal. Help?! by Nobody: 8:26pm On Feb 02, 2022
Please advise guys.
Re: Germany Visa Refusal. Help?! by Bonn2007: 2:10am On Feb 03, 2022
There might not be anything wrong with the documents provided because these germans are very strict with granting visas.

My mum experienced this same visa denial few years back for the same reasons as yours although she had a sponsor letter. After a very strong and convincing appeal with all possible supporting documents, the visa was granted.

Is your mum still employed ? Is she married? Does she have properties?
Infact you need to write a very convincing letter of appeal with other supporting documents you have explaining her strong ties to Nigeria and why she will definitely return. Also don't forget to mention the omugwo part of her visit.

Remember the appeal deadline. Goodluck.
Re: Germany Visa Refusal. Help?! by Ojey1234: 1:28pm On Feb 03, 2022
Loewe:
First of all, how old is your mom? It's very unusual for someone above 60 to be denied based on the specified reasons. From the look of things, your mum is probably 40+/50+...

Secondly, you may ask your brother in-law to contact the Alien's Authority in Germany and complain to them so they can open a file to that effect.

Thirdly, you must know that "Omugwo" is not always an understandable concept to these people at Walter Carrington. But she can always appeal it and I am sure she'll be given eventually. grin

Good day boss, Pls what advice can you give
I and my family (me, my wife and my kid) we planning to tour Germany this December, pls do Germany still give tourist visa to Nigerians, I mean recently?

Thanks boss
Re: Germany Visa Refusal. Help?! by Nobody: 1:35pm On Feb 03, 2022
Ojey1234:

Good day boss, Pls what advice can you give
I and my family (me, my wife and my kid) we planning to tour Germany this December, pls do Germany still give tourist visa to Nigerians, I mean recently?

Thanks boss

If the purpose of your visit is tourism, then you're applying for a tourist visa which is for 3 months (max).

Have you checked availability of appointments at the Lagos Embassy? Start from there...
Re: Germany Visa Refusal. Help?! by ednut1(m): 1:39pm On Feb 03, 2022
3 months leave Doesn’t sound reasonable
Re: Germany Visa Refusal. Help?! by Ojey1234: 2:00pm On Feb 03, 2022
ednut1:
3 months leave Doesn’t sound reasonable

Pls can you tell me more
Re: Germany Visa Refusal. Help?! by ednut1(m): 2:40pm On Feb 03, 2022
Ojey1234:

Pls can you tell me more
which company allows people go on 3 months leave Try again with 3 weeks leave, but obviously she can’t stay more than that.
Re: Germany Visa Refusal. Help?! by Nobody: 3:53pm On Feb 03, 2022
ednut1:
which company allows people go on 3 months leave Try again with 3 weeks leave, but obviously she can’t stay more than that.

I don't think it's too much for a country like Germany that gives 14-week maternity leave...

Changing any detail there would make it seem more suspicious and as an agent myself, I wouldn't advice chizzily's mom to alter anything. The only thing they need to do is to be more adamant to prove their intentions... Not to beat down the leave cos that would render the document totally fake.

Hopefully they will work on the appeal soon and it would work out just fine.
Re: Germany Visa Refusal. Help?! by ednut1(m): 4:24pm On Feb 03, 2022
Loewe:

I don't think it's too much for a country like Germany that gives 14-week maternity leave...

Changing any detail there would make it seem more suspicious and as an agent myself, I wouldn't advice chizzily's mom to alter anything. The only thing they need to do is to be more adamant to prove their intentions... Not to beat down the leave cos that would render the document totally fake.

Hopefully they will work on the appeal soon and it would work out just fine.
what are you saying. What concerns mat leave in germany with a visitor from nigeria . It makes no sense to present documents saying you have 3 months leave. That is senseless. The average company gives 3 to 4 weeks in a year.

1 Like

Re: Germany Visa Refusal. Help?! by Nobody: 5:11pm On Feb 03, 2022
ednut1:
what are you saying. What concerns mat leave in germany with a visitor from nigeria . It makes no sense to present documents saying you have 3 months leave. That is senseless. The average company gives 3 to 4 weeks in a year.

You asked them to change the leave document to reflect a lesser time period from what they submitted initially, if you knew anything about embassies, that itself would be the big red flag, not the duration.

The moment you change a document or alter details, that's what they'll focus on.

While you think 3 months is a lot, it's easier for them to defend it if they stick to it, as long as they can always confirm from the company, it's not their headache. There are special situations that can make a staff get 6 months leave (medical treatments for instance), so don't speak beyond the limits of your experience and knowledge.
Re: Germany Visa Refusal. Help?! by ednut1(m): 11:55pm On Feb 03, 2022
Loewe:

You asked them to change the leave document to reflect a lesser time period from what they submitted initially, if you knew anything about embassies, that itself would be the big red flag, not the duration.

The moment you change a document or alter details, that's what they'll focus on.

While you think 3 months is a lot, it's easier for them to defend it if they stick to it, as long as they can always confirm from the company, it's not their headache. There are special situations that can make a staff get 6 months leave (medical treatments for instance), so don't speak beyond the limits of your experience and knowledge.
So is that the case here 3months leave to go do omugwo lol
Re: Germany Visa Refusal. Help?! by Nobody: 2:59am On Feb 04, 2022
ednut1:
So is that the case here 3months leave to go do omugwo lol

*Sighs* have it your way chief.

(1) (Reply)

Who Do Us For Nigeria (pics) / Good News For Travellers.nigeria To Kosovo Europe Is Free Visa For 90 Days. / Any Nairalander In Florida (jacksonville To Be Exact)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.