Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,008 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Gunmen Kidnap 11 Abia Council Workers - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gunmen Kidnap 11 Abia Council Workers (6786 Views)

Gunmen Kidnap Corpse & Mourners In Enugu, Demand ₦50M Ransom / Gunmen Kidnap A Man In Lafia, Murder Him (Viewers Discretion Advised) / Gunmen Kidnap 11 Passengers In Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Kidnap 11 Abia Council Workers by oshozondii: 6:11pm On Feb 02, 2022
Yet-to-be identified gunmen have reportedly abducted 11 workers of the Umunneochi local government area of Abia State.

They were said to have been abducted by the gunmen along Enugu-Aba-Port Harcourt Expressway, within the Imo/Abia boundary of Leru community.

The kidnap of the workers, who at the time of filing the report are still in the custody of their abductors, has thrown the entire Umunneochi LGA and Nigeria Union of Local Government Employees (NULGE) in the State into confusion as they resorted to divine intervention for the safety of their members.

It was learnt their colleagues gathered at the council headquarters to hold a special prayer session to seek the face of God where they prayed for the safe and immediate of their colleagues.

Abia State Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Geoffrey Ogbonna is yet to respond to the text message sent to his mobile phone.

However, the State President of NULGE, Comrade Ikechi Nwaigwe confirmed the abduction to The Nation.

According to him, the workers who were in a commercial bus were kidnapped on Saturday as they were returning from a traditional marriage of one of their colleagues.

Comrade Nwaigwe gave the names of the workers in the custody of the gunmen as Onwuka Williams, Cyril Akataobi Uchechi, Nkechi Eze, Mmerechi Okereke, Rose Adiele, Sopuruchi Nwaigwe, Chibuzor Nwaigwe, Madu Gladys, Angelica Onwu and Justina Orji.

Unconfirmed reports had it the kidnappers had reduced the ransom to N5m from N50m at the time of filing the report.
https://thenationonlineng.net/gunmen-kidnap-11-abia-council-workers/

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kidnap 11 Abia Council Workers by chatinent: 6:34pm On Feb 02, 2022
It was learnt their colleagues gathered at the council headquarters to hold a special prayer session to seek the face of God where they prayed for the safe and immediate of their colleagues.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Kidnap 11 Abia Council Workers by fergie001: 6:52pm On Feb 02, 2022
Something should be done about that Leru down to Nkwoagu-Amuda....... If someone is abducted there, difficult for anyone to help. The electricity cables all vandalized long kms down.

For a LGA with arguably the highest number of academics in the State,The Security Services should do something.

May they be released in one piece.

10 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kidnap 11 Abia Council Workers by Emils: 6:55pm On Feb 02, 2022
Hnnnm
Just after they declared Abia the most peaceful state in the east recently

8 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kidnap 11 Abia Council Workers by helinues: 6:57pm On Feb 02, 2022
Toh
Re: Gunmen Kidnap 11 Abia Council Workers by Nyanmiridunce: 7:04pm On Feb 02, 2022
IPOB at work

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gunmen Kidnap 11 Abia Council Workers by AntiBMC(m): 7:16pm On Feb 02, 2022
Fulani Terrorist Herdsmen doing what they do best

6 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kidnap 11 Abia Council Workers by SlayerForever: 7:17pm On Feb 02, 2022
Possibly Fulani terrorists.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kidnap 11 Abia Council Workers by slawormiir: 8:19pm On Feb 02, 2022
Damnnn niggarrrr
Gun men everywhere
Re: Gunmen Kidnap 11 Abia Council Workers by Investigative: 8:20pm On Feb 02, 2022
that axis is know for Fulani bandit kidnapping point
They operate from cow market at lokpanta
The same land Orji uzo Kalu gave them in name of hospitality
Nnamdi kanu have asked Orji Kalu to provide the land agreement till now
He is running
ORJI UZO KALU USED THAT AXIS TO SETTLE FULANI BANDIT

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kidnap 11 Abia Council Workers by duro4chang(m): 8:20pm On Feb 02, 2022
Re: Gunmen Kidnap 11 Abia Council Workers by duro4chang(m): 8:22pm On Feb 02, 2022
helinues:
Toh
You have said your toh means fingers crossed. Me too I don cross my own.
Re: Gunmen Kidnap 11 Abia Council Workers by NwaNimo1(m): 8:22pm On Feb 02, 2022

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kidnap 11 Abia Council Workers by SOFTENGR: 8:23pm On Feb 02, 2022
Is it that our security agents can't flush then out?

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kidnap 11 Abia Council Workers by galaxi(m): 8:24pm On Feb 02, 2022
The trouble in that axis emanates from the Hausa/Fulani settlement around there.
They have been kidnapping people for more than two years around there and Government seems clueless on what to do.

8 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kidnap 11 Abia Council Workers by athaboi(f): 8:25pm On Feb 02, 2022
Gunmen everywhere
Re: Gunmen Kidnap 11 Abia Council Workers by Lifeandstyle(f): 8:25pm On Feb 02, 2022
abia with the tittle....God's own state . God will deliver you ooo

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kidnap 11 Abia Council Workers by iamyemiakins(m): 8:25pm On Feb 02, 2022
WTF!
Re: Gunmen Kidnap 11 Abia Council Workers by Lifeandstyle(f): 8:25pm On Feb 02, 2022
abia with the tittle....God's own state . God will deliver you ooo
Re: Gunmen Kidnap 11 Abia Council Workers by inoki247: 8:26pm On Feb 02, 2022
I dey sure say no b car dem go use Kidnap dem cos dem no get Car for Abia undecided undecided undecided
Re: Gunmen Kidnap 11 Abia Council Workers by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 8:28pm On Feb 02, 2022
Fulani terrorists on rampage deep down south cool

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kidnap 11 Abia Council Workers by ManirBK: 8:31pm On Feb 02, 2022
I blaim Ipob for this Masacre!!!

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kidnap 11 Abia Council Workers by Foreigna2: 8:31pm On Feb 02, 2022
Investigative:
that axis is know for Fulani bandit kidnapping point
They operate from cow market at lokpanta
The same land Orji uzo Kalu gave them in name of hospitality
Nnamdi kanu have asked Orji Kalu to provide the land agreement till now
He is running
ORJI UZO KALU USED THAT AXIS TO SETTLE FULANI BANDIT

Save your people first, blame fulanis later, deal with the culprits when you can.
Re: Gunmen Kidnap 11 Abia Council Workers by Nobody: 8:33pm On Feb 02, 2022
They wanna make this country a failed state and politicians are busy planning for 2023...

If the government doesn't fix things, there won't be any 2023 elections in this country.

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kidnap 11 Abia Council Workers by Investigative: 8:36pm On Feb 02, 2022
Foreigna2:

Save your people first, blame fulanis later, deal with the culprits when you can.
My comment not for you
Re: Gunmen Kidnap 11 Abia Council Workers by jrusky(m): 8:37pm On Feb 02, 2022
fergie001:
Something should be done about that Leru down to Nkwoagu-Amuda....... If someone is abducted there, difficult for anyone to help. The electricity cables all vandalized long kms down.

For a LGA with arguably the highest number of academics in the State,The Security Services should do something.

May they be released in one piece.

God bless you. I like people like you who face the reality and dump chasing the shadow.

Bro some will tell you it is DSS or herdr bastads that did it. Bro that axis you mentioned is horrible. The cables are gone is it DSS that wind off the cable? Bro no stranger can invade your home without insider link which mean it's fellow SE indigenes who take crime as pride aiding any beast invading their communities. Fact!!! But when I say these they hate me and called me Afonja or Aboki which I don't give a damn.

Truth is bitter.

4 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kidnap 11 Abia Council Workers by Foreigna2: 8:37pm On Feb 02, 2022
Investigative:

My comment not for you

My comment is for sensible people.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Insecurity: 287 People Killed In South East In 5 Months / Beautiful Lady Was Poisoned At Her Birthday Party By Her Friend (photos/video) / Nigeria Loses N127b Yearly To Cybercrimes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.