Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (335) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (828794 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) ... (614) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 9:22pm On Dec 22, 2022
eberem:
Thank you so much

eberem, having perused through your comments, please find my recommendations below;

1. Your business status or as the case maybe , company must be active on search.cac.gov.ng; how do you go about that, see a lawyer or an accredited agent.
2.You were not denied based on your documents, there is something that makes it feel like a japa strategy.
3.Your application should carry less but relevant documents, this is from experience - Please list all the documents here for review.
4. Before applying for visas, understanding the category matters, and how you are convincing enough, do not forget once denied, your second chance is based on individual merit.
5. You can apply again for Tourist Visa, but do not rush. - Maybe after the festive season, You can re apply.

I do not encourage people to re apply immediately. This may seem like a desperation on the side of the entry clearance officer and even if you re apply months after, without addressing other things , refusal may re occur.

I will tell you the other five recommedations, when you show us the list of the submitted documents.
If possible attach both refusals here.
You can cover your details.

I will wait.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 9:31pm On Dec 22, 2022
hunee:
Goodevening.

I think we need to create spaces for people to understand visa categories, and what best suit their applications.
I also think bogus documentation and eventual submission affects visa success.

How do we discuss these issues elaborately, because i see some people say they used three bank statements for one application.
These things need be discussed along other issues to be raised.

Mate you too like space, seems we would send you to NSA.
Only you wan create telegram page, only wan space for documents discwon't.
Each application is access on individual account. Some provide 10 accounts, some no accounts. At the end, an ECO would access things as he/she wants and thick boxes that is to be thicked for a yes/no decision

BTW there is a thread for spousal visa application, and other such groups you mentioned for telegram exist already.
Even if you create app for these things, as nobody be ECO here, some applicants who still chop refusal, some wont.

No beef

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 9:38pm On Dec 22, 2022
leef2022:

Each application is access on individual account. Some provide 10 accounts, some no accounts. At the end, an ECO would access things as he/she wants and thick boxes that is to be thicked for a yes/no decision

BTW there is a thread for spousal visa application, and other such groups you mentioned for telegram exist already.
Even if you create app for these things, as nobody be ECO here, some applicants who still chop refusal, some wont.

No beef

nobody be ECO here, some applicants who still chop refusal, some wont.

True ,
spaces , i meant was to do more enlightenment here.
Occasionally, we talk about visa categories and exchange refreshing ideas.
Not create spaces for fresh handles.

Your response , is however , noted.

How do we discuss these issues elaborately
These things need be discussed along other issues to be raised.

Always read carefully.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Coolcube: 9:45pm On Dec 22, 2022
'

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 9:46pm On Dec 22, 2022
Coolcube:
Please, if someone is being sponsored for a UK visa by his company with company account details, does he still need to provide a personal Statement of account?

Are you with the same company like/with @eberem?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 9:50pm On Dec 22, 2022
Individuals traveling on Solo trips, can submit one bank statement since it is having inflows and can be proven in line with Uk's Policy On Money Laundering and Related.

All these things we say here, sometimes , it is not viewed like that in other cases.

I know someone who applied for Uk for the first time and got the visa.
He used his company documents and personal account statement only.

He did not add company bank statements.

You see visa applications is not like regular exam.
You must be properly guided on the document you are submitting, because one can contradict the other.

And i do not see any reason for submitting 3 or more bank statement for a solo trip for 7 days or more.
Entry Clearance Officers are not fascinated by bank statement, they operate with equality and reject visas for those with big bucks as closing balance.

Lets be guided.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by eberem(f): 9:51pm On Dec 22, 2022
Thank you so much. Your input is well appreciated. I will attach it
hunee:

eberem, having perused through your comments, please find my recommendations below;

1. Your business status or as the case maybe , company must be active on search.cac.gov.ng; how do you go about that, see a lawyer or an accredited agent.
2.You were not denied based on your documents, there is something that makes it feel like a japa strategy.
3.Your application should carry less but relevant documents, this is from experience - Please list all the documents here for review.
4. Before applying for visas, understanding the category matters, and how you are convincing enough, do not forget once denied, your second chance is based on individual merit.
5. You can apply again for Tourist Visa, but do not rush. - Maybe after the festive season, You can re apply.

I do not encourage people to re apply immediately. This may seem like a desperation on the side of the entry clearance officer and even if you re apply months after, without addressing other things , refusal may re occur.

I will tell you the other five recommedations, when you show us the list of the submitted documents.

I will wait.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by eberem(f): 10:17pm On Dec 22, 2022
hunee:

I will wait.

Support documents
1. Employment letter
2. Bank Statement
3. Official ID card
4. 3 months pay slip
5. Annual leave approval from my office
6. My Fixed deposit confirmation certificate
7. C of O of my land
8. The 2 companies' CAC documents
9. Introduction letters from the two companies
10. My husband's British passport
11. His job contract letter
12 marriage certificate/photographs
13. Letter of invitation from my husband
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by gutter: 10:24pm On Dec 22, 2022
Good day everyone
Should letter of introduction from employer be addressed to British deputy high commission, Victoria Island or The Entry Officer, UKVI, Sheffield?
Please help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by MayCar: 10:28pm On Dec 22, 2022
Ralphlauren:

Visiting

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 10:54pm On Dec 22, 2022
deutscherMann23:

Germany is a country brimming with lush nature, culture, and the greener pasture every Nigerian envisages. So, are you more than convinced that this country best defines your “new dispensation?” Then join in as we range through your best relocation paths to germany.

1. Get your international passport
Regardless of your type of German visa, you’ll carry out a lot of processes at the German consulate in Nigeria.
I am here to help you out in Getting A Sponsorship Letter or A German Blocked Account.
Email: ireneibukun56@gmail.com
Help your loved ones planning to Japa to Germany with this info

What are you saying?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 11:36pm On Dec 22, 2022
Coolcube:
Please, if someone is being sponsored for a UK visa by his company with company account details, does he still need to provide a personal Statement of account?

It’s good if you can.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 11:49pm On Dec 22, 2022
gutter:
Good day everyone
Should letter of introduction from employer be addressed to British deputy high commission, Victoria Island or The Entry Officer, UKVI, Sheffield?
Please help

I don’t think it really matters. Below is how I normally address mine.

British Embassy
11 Walter Carrington crescent
Victoria Island
Lagos
Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by infosoftlife: 4:08am On Dec 23, 2022
Coolcube:
Yes, submit your salary account to back your claim you are working.
They want to see the inflow coming in.
Nigerians have used all the styles you can think of to japa. Even if you claim you are paid via cheque, submit your account statement.
Ensure the company is active on CAC registry.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by gutter: 4:48am On Dec 23, 2022
Alright....thank you
Ashirioluwa:

I don’t think it really matters. Below is how I normally address mine.

British Embassy
11 Walter Carrington crescent
Victoria Island
Lagos
Nigeria.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by djbaju(m): 5:41am On Dec 23, 2022
Congratulations, I also saw a woman yesterday that was so excited when she got her 10-year visa, I don't know if you guys are related, but I wondered why she was amazed, I believed someone helped her with it without her knowledge, cos she wasn't expecting something that long, she made so much shout of joy.

Ashirioluwa:
I applied for a 10-year visa for my wife. She picked up her passport this morning. Visa granted, it will expire in 2033

Timeline
Standard
Biometrics: 12 Dec 2022
Ready for collection email: 21 December 2022
Passport pickup: 22 December

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by djbaju(m): 5:54am On Dec 23, 2022
Good morning house, I would like to ask if anyone recently submitted a priority application, I have done biometrics since the 22nd Dec, and I am hoping it will not enter next week. I thought it shouldn't exceed more than 5 working days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by advanceDNA: 6:22am On Dec 23, 2022
djbaju:
Good morning house, I would like to ask if anyone recently submitted a priority application, I have done biometrics since the 22nd Dec, and I am hoping it will not enter next week. I thought it shouldn't exceed more than 5 working days.

Did u pay for super priority? If its ordinary priority....Guy....It will enter next week...

22nd na just yesterday naaa

So five working days will end friday next week..

Abi u no see weekend, Christmas and boxing day holiday in between?...

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 7:13am On Dec 23, 2022
eberem:

Support documents
1. Employment letter
2. Bank Statement
3. Official ID card
4. 3 months pay slip
5. Annual leave approval from my office
6. My Fixed deposit confirmation certificate
7. C of O of my land
8. The 2 companies' CAC documents
9. Introduction letters from the two companies
10. My husband's British passport
11. His job contract letter
12 marriage certificate/photographs
13. Letter of invitation from my husband

Good.

I read thus,

"Thank you so much for your input. I did renewal of my passport, which was issued late. The visiting visa was only to enable me join him for Christmas holidays. My next application will be spousal settlement visa".

Now, in my honest opinion, do not reapply for a tourist visa. Since your husband is British, just get with the application direct.

The reason why I said I wanted to review your documents was for a number of reasons.

Moving forward, visa applications are well planned, that was why I spoke about categories related.
The spousal settlement route would be the most preferable option for you to travel/relocate to the United Kingdom at this point.

There is no need to rush, first things first, and above documents submitted are fine, you have the option of a Plan B.

Do let us know soon as you want to start the new application, so we can guide.
And Please, when writing letters to correspondence, make them very simple but detailing.
We will talk more about that on your next application.

Goodmorning.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Chicadedieu: 8:52am On Dec 23, 2022
Good morning all.
Ikeja branch.
Collection email received yesterday evening and this morning their office is closed for holidays till Wednesday.
Is it normal?
What can be done ?
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 9:14am On Dec 23, 2022
Chicadedieu:
Good morning all. Ikeja branch.
Collection email received yesterday evening and this morning their office is closed for holidays till Wednesday.
Is it normal?
What can be done ?
Thanks
won’t the people working go on holiday for Christmas as others? Which one is ‘is it normal?’ :- (

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 9:56am On Dec 23, 2022
djbaju:
Congratulations, I also saw a woman yesterday that was so excited when she got her 10-year visa, I don't know if you guys are related, but I wondered why she was amazed, I believed someone helped her with it without her knowledge, cos she wasn't expecting something that long, she made so much shout of joy.

My wife told me about the woman too. That wasn’t my wife

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 10:20am On Dec 23, 2022
djbaju:

If you don’t get pick up notice today then the next week is not even guaranteed because December 25, 26 and 27 (Monday through Wednesday are declared on their website) are holidays according to their website (gov.uk).
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 10:26am On Dec 23, 2022
Chicadedieu:
Good morning all.
Ikeja branch.
Is it normal?
What can be done ?
Thanks

That’s the company policy. Yes, it is normal. The only option is for you to wait till Wednesday when they back from holiday.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 10:50am On Dec 23, 2022
advanceDNA:

Did u pay for super priority? If its ordinary priority....Guy....It will enter next week...

22nd na just yesterday naaa

So five working days will end friday next week..

Abi u no see weekend, Christmas and boxing day holiday in between?...

He submitted yesterday, his 5 working days will end January 3rd 2023.

UK holidays
2022: December 26 (Monday) and 27 (Tuesday)
2023: January 2nd (Monday)

He can still get it before the year runs out but the chances are very slim.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 11:10am On Dec 23, 2022
eberem:
Good day house, please my people I need àn urgent help here. I have just been denied UK visa for the 2nd time.

The first was November last year, then I wasn't married. I applied for visiting visa and I was denied on the basis of insufficient fund. That what I intend spending is disproportionate to my income. Mind you, my boss has undertaken to sponsor the trip as a tradition in our office enabling all staff to embark on all expense paid trip abroad annually with his bank statement attached. In spite of this, I was still denied.

I applied again last month November, to join my husband for the chrstmas holidays. My husband is a UK Citizen, we got married early this year, we were supposed to apply for spousal settlement but the issuance of my new passport with a change of name to my husband's was delayed, which took almost five months. When the passport came out eventually, when decided to apply for 6 months visiting visa to enable me join my husband for Christmas, considering the fact that settlement takes a longer duration. Again I was denied. Their basis was that one the companies I provided is inactive. I had mentioned that I have other passive sources of income, and I supported it with the companies CAC documents, I am a director in both companies. I also included all the evidence of my financial investments including landed assets. They still claimed that they are not satisfied that my intention is genuine. My husband wrote a letter of invitation, we also attached our marriage certificate including wedding pictures. I have sufficient funds in my account, I don't even withdraw money from my salary account. The statement is there for verification, I don't know what else they want me to do. The worst is that, they said I do not have the right to appeal. Please house, what should I do? Your advice will be highly appreciated because I don't know what to do again. Whether I should still write them regardless of the fact I that I don't have the right to appeal. Note that, my travel history is there, I just barely returned from a trip to UAE before I made my application. I have not stayed more than necessary in any country.

I think this is a simple issue.

The ECO is suspicious that you might decide to stay in the UK with your husband if you get the visit visa. You are expected to apply for the "right" visa if you want to visit your husband.

I suggest you concentrate on the spousal settlement visa (or whatever you need to stay in the UK with your husband).
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by eberem(f): 12:35pm On Dec 23, 2022
hunee:

Good.

I read thus,

"Thank you so much for your input. I did renewal of my passport, which was issued late. The visiting visa was only to enable me join him for Christmas holidays. My next application will be spousal settlement visa".

Now, in my honest opinion, do not reapply for a tourist visa. Since your husband is British, just get with the application direct.

The reason why I said I wanted to review your documents was for a number of reasons.

Moving forward, visa applications are well planned, that was why I spoke about categories related.
The spousal settlement route would be the most preferable option for you to travel/relocate to the United Kingdom at this point.

There is no need to rush, first things first, and above documents submitted are fine, you have the option of a Plan B.

Do let us know soon as you want to start the new application, so we can guide.
And Please, when writing letters to correspondence, make them very simple but detailing.
We will talk more about that on your next application.

Goodmorning.

Great � good morning bro. Thank you so much for your time and inputs. I will keep you posted as soon as I start my next application.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by eberem(f): 12:37pm On Dec 23, 2022
Cashmadam:

I think this is a simple issue.

The ECO is suspicious that you might decide to stay in the UK with your husband if you get the visit visa. You are expected to apply for the "right" visa if you want to visit your husband.

I suggest you concentrate on the spousal settlement visa (or whatever you need to stay in the UK with your husband).

Thank you for your input. God bless you. My next application will be Spousal Settlement Visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 12:43pm On Dec 23, 2022
eberem:

Great � good morning bro. Thank you so much for your time and inputs. I will keep you posted as soon as I start my next application.

Always a Pleasure.

Ok. Stay safe
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dalobaba: 2:12pm On Dec 23, 2022
I included receipts for all sales and other transactions made. I also included a breakdown of all earnings and how they relate to my business. Maybe I should have attached more documents.
Ashirioluwa:

Whoever examines your application claims they were unable to determine the source of the funds in your account. He or she was unable to establish if the deposits in your account were from your business transactions or not.

Next time You'll have to compose a letter to detail your earnings relating to your business activities. You will also need to attach supporting documents for your claims. Documents such as contract letters, sales invoices, and receipts.

Sometimes we need to write a letter to clarify some of our documents and stories so that anyone who reads them will be able to understand us, and these people will be able to make a better decision at end of the day.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 2:12pm On Dec 23, 2022
leef2022:

No beef

grin grin grin

No kill me abeg grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) ... (614) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.