Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,429 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (333) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (829092 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) ... (614) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 3:03am On Dec 21, 2022
Geetaybeks:
Please can I pay for express courier return at the centre because I had tried paying online and my debit card was acting up
yes with card only. Cash prohibited

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Slawormirr: 3:18am On Dec 21, 2022
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by taif(f): 6:56am On Dec 21, 2022
giselle237:
you can’t explain anything away, you need proofs.. they are not stupid and will not rely on how someone with disposable income of less than 200 pounds has lump sums amounting to more than 6000 pounds. This is money lodgement and very excellent grounds for refusal

Totally on point.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by OptimisticK: 8:47am On Dec 21, 2022
Slawormirr:
Any December 9 biometric? Any update? Dependent.

Did you do standard ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oluwaloniglory7: 8:55am On Dec 21, 2022
Thanks infosoftlife, I really appreciate even I noticed you are the only one responded.

MOST OF OUR SENIOR ON THIS PLATFORM ARE SELECTIVE IN ANSWERING

Mery xmas !!!!!!!!!

infosoftlife:

You were able to save approximately times 2 of your opening balance in 6 months, you don't need to write many stories about it and stick to the "savings from salary".
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 10:20am On Dec 21, 2022
Oluwaloniglory7:
Good afternoon all,

Please I’m about to put in my visit visa application and I want more insight from my senior gurus in the HOUSE,

I’m employed with 600k monthly salary, spending 150k monthly which left me 450k disposable every month. I learnt that is advisable to use 2 month disposable for travel expenses, can my 2 month disposable income ie 900k fly for 10 days vacation hotel, 2 ways flight and miscellaneous ? Or is it advisable to use 2 and half monthly disposable to apply ?

I have about 1.5m for opening balance and about 4m closing balance ( within 6 month statement acct). No other income enter my account except my SALARY.

[/b]PLEASE MY SENIOR!!!!!!!!

[b]Can you help me out with write up on how to explain my opening balance and closing balance in a professional form?

Is not I can’t compose the write up but need a professional write up, because I see how many people was denied due to lack of explaining their opening balance and closing balance

Note: I have been working for 2 year plus by February I will be 3 yrs working with my present employer and all this money is from my salary.

Thanks all Merry Xmas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good morning! You are good. If you can, avoid paying in huge sums of money into your account. You are good to go. I don't think you need to explain much. Good luck!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Slawormirr: 11:36am On Dec 21, 2022
Yes standard
OptimisticK:

Did you do standard ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by OptimisticK: 11:49am On Dec 21, 2022
Slawormirr:
Yes standard

Same, mine was 5th of DEC, still at DMC while MAIN APPLICANT has gotten his stamped visa.

God is in control.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AssistNG: 1:00pm On Dec 21, 2022
Dear gurus in the house,

I need your kind advice. I just received a refusal email but will need your professional clarity and input. 3 bank statements were submitted but the ECO stated two.

I’ll appreciate your advice as I am looking to give this another shot.

Thank you.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Slawormirr: 1:31pm On Dec 21, 2022
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by advanceDNA: 1:52pm On Dec 21, 2022
AssistNG:
Dear gurus in the house,

I need your kind advice. I just received a refusal email but will need your professional clarity and input. 3 bank statements were submitted but the ECO stated two.

Thank you.

I dont get this ECO.....and its becos they have too much autonomy in denying applications ..sometimes they dont have proof for their claims ....they can just dey a person because of personal notion instead of standard yardsticks .....

is it your personal company and u payed yourself salary ?

or u are head of operations of another a third party company that hired you....??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 2:22pm On Dec 21, 2022
Reason for refusal
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AssistNG: 2:38pm On Dec 21, 2022
Currently employed with the said company and presented the required documentation. Confusion here is did they want to see the bank statements of the company?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ysasa: 4:23pm On Dec 21, 2022
Silent reader since many years ago lol

Visa alert ( Visit Visa 6 months)
Biometrics: 13 Dec 2022 (Standard and second time
Transferred to DMC same day
Received by DMC next day 14 December
Pick up mail: 21 December 2022
Collected: same day 21 December
Purpose of visit: Christmas Holiday on a friend’s invite, but staying at a hotel.

Docs submitted:
Offer letter

Contract

3 months pay slip

Six months bank statement of Four Bank accounts including salary( Naira and USD)

Intro letter from company stating o am on leave and my purpose of visit

Documents to demonstrate I cater for my mom here in Lagos including CO of her property (pictures of myself and mom)

WhatsApp chat to support someone i loaned money to who refunded

Pictures of myself and my friend ( person inviting) in Nigeria and during my last visit to the UK in June

A detailed cover letter highlighting my detailed day to day itinerary, ties back home, finances, some deposits in my account etc

My friend and his wife’s BRP

His employment letter

Council tax
( I did not need his bank statement as i stated i would be staying in a hotel close to theirs and also i am solely responsible for my trip)

Budget for trip : app 1570 GBP, 5 nights

Above all try to remain truthful, my disposable income was not stable for 2 months with little difference, i highlighted purpose( it could be just saying that your offered little help to people or so).

I hope this helps. Cheers and all the best everyone

5 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 4:38pm On Dec 21, 2022
AssistNG:
Dear gurus in the house,

Thank you.

He or she doesn't believe that the deposits in your business bank account came from any kind of commercial or business transaction. Next time, you must provide receipts, invoices, or contract letters to back up your application in this situation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AssistNG: 4:46pm On Dec 21, 2022
Receipts, invoices, agreements were provided to back up each transaction.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dirolad(m): 5:07pm On Dec 21, 2022
AssistNG:
Dear gurus in the house,

Thank you.
..."as you have stated in written statement you submitted". You triggered the refusal with a statement without backup. You know what you said and what the ECO saw.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oluwaloniglory7: 5:32pm On Dec 21, 2022
You are causing confusion bro, if you didn’t claimed you are a business owner ECO won’t says he or she can’t confirm that the deposits to your bank account are the result of the company’s business activities as you have stated.

AssistNG:
Receipts, invoices, agreements were provided to back up each transaction.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by infosoftlife: 5:50pm On Dec 21, 2022
Oluwaloniglory7:

Thanks infosoftlife, I really appreciate even I noticed you are the only one responded.

MOST OF OUR SENIOR ON THIS PLATFORM ARE SELECTIVE IN ANSWERING

Mery xmas !!!!!!!!!

We are together providing support, and they would have chipped in to object to my proposal.
Compliment of the season.
CHEERS!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by infosoftlife: 5:55pm On Dec 21, 2022
AssistNG:
Dear gurus in the house,

I'll appreciate your advice as I am looking to give this another shot.

Thank you.

I assumed you didn't employ the services of an agent.
You know what you claimed on your application. ONLY YOU CAN ADVISE YOURSELF AND FIX IT because I see no reason why the ECO made references to company transactions when you are an employee. Is it a company-sponsored trip?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by tomiwiyu: 6:28pm On Dec 21, 2022
Silent reader
Biometric : 06 Dec
Standard
ikeja Tls
Working visa skilled
Brp drop today 21 Dec .
waiting for collection mail

Alliamdullilah

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by kennylee: 7:24pm On Dec 21, 2022
Ysasa:

Purpose of visit: Christmas Holiday on a friend’s invite, but staying at a hotel.

Docs submitted:
Offer letter

Contract

3 months pay slip

Six months bank statement of Four Bank accounts including salary( Naira and USD)

Documents to demonstrate I cater for my mom here in Lagos including CO of her property (pictures of myself and mom)

Pictures of myself and my friend ( person inviting) in Nigeria and during my last visit to the UK in June

A detailed cover letter highlighting my detailed day to day itinerary, ties back home, finances, some deposits in my account etc

His employment letter

Council tax
( I did not need his bank statement as i stated i would be staying in a hotel close to theirs and also i am solely responsible for my trip)

Above all try to remain truthful, my disposable income was not stable for 2 months with little difference, i highlighted purpose( it could be just saying that your offered little help to people or so).

Congratulations
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 9:29pm On Dec 21, 2022
Ysasa:

Docs submitted:
Offer letter

Contract

3 months pay slip

His employment letter

Council tax

Congratulations man! This is super fast.

My wife did biometrics for a 10-year visa on December 12, she also got pickup notice few minutes ago too.

Standard

We are nervous, praying for God’s favor.

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by isholex: 9:32pm On Dec 21, 2022
Silent reader
Standard
ikeja Tls
Working visa skilled
Brp drop today 21 Dec .

Alliamdullilah
Alhamdulillah for your skipped through your application many more Victory through your process. Question!! Any clue on how you perfect or secure your visa Application? For the benefits of intended people.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by isholex: 9:33pm On Dec 21, 2022
tomiwiyu:
Silent reader
Standard
ikeja Tls
Working visa skilled
Brp drop today 21 Dec .

Alliamdullilah
Alliamdullilah
Alhamdulillah for your skipped through your application many more Victory through your process. Question!! Any clue on how you perfect or secure your visa Application? For the benefits of intended people.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dalobaba: 10:52pm On Dec 21, 2022
Hello House!

My refusal came in this afternoon! Please kindly read and react to it. See below

REASONS FOR REFUSAL NRA v 1.0
You have applied for a visa to visit the UK.
In deciding whether you meet the requirements of Appendix V: of the Immigration Rules for visitors (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-v-visitor- rules), I have considered:

your application and any additional relevant information you have provided with it

your immigration history

The decision
I have refused your application for a visit visa because I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of paragraph V4.2 of Appendix V because:
You State that you intend to travel to the UK to visit your relative. You state that you are self- employed, with an annual income of 10,000,000 NGN (£18,228.9 @ exchange rate £1 = 543.836 NGN). You state that you have an additional annual income of 30,000,000 NGN (£54,686.7) from investments and you personally intend to spend £2500 on your trip.
In support of your application you have submitted your incorporation document along with your bank statement. Whilst I note these, your account does not confirm that you are genuinely in receipt of the level of income you declare. It is not possible to determine the origin of the deposits made into the account and whether they are related to your claimed business income, and I note that the evidence submitted does not confirm the income form investments you declare. Whilst I note you have provided a written transactional breakdown, I am not satisfied that you have provided an accurate reflection of your financial circumstances in Nigeria is stated on your application.
Given the above I am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry for a purpose that is permitted under the visitor route and that you will leave the UK at the end of your visit. Your application is therefore refused under paragraph V 4.2 (a) and (c) of the Immigration Rules.

NEXT STEPS
In relation to this decision, there is no right of appeal or right to administrative review.

Please note that I submitted a domiciliary account with $5,700 as balance, a company account with 9.5m and a savings with 4.1m
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by MayCar: 10:58pm On Dec 21, 2022
Sonatapaddy:
To God be the glory
Applied for 10years priority visa application
Biometric 23/sept/2022
Passport ready 21/11/2022
Passport picked 22/11/2022 with visa
1 paid mail.
Was really worried why priority took so long, but I guess more checks were being carried out, all the same thank God and the UKVI Eco's una too much.

Please what was the reason you gave for applying for 10 years
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by MayCar: 11:01pm On Dec 21, 2022
Ralphlauren:

Visa alert for a relative.

Previous visa - 6 months (used just once)
Visa applied for - 5 years multiple entry (granted )
Submitted supporting documents as sponsor
Bank statements also included by applicant
Standard application

Please kindly advised what reason you gave for multiple entry, thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ralphlauren(m): 11:04pm On Dec 21, 2022
MayCar:

Please kindly advised what reason you gave for multiple entry, thank you

Visiting
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ralphlauren(m): 11:09pm On Dec 21, 2022
Ogbaba123:
Hello

Please I have just applied for a visit visa for my mum, I am her sponsor and we attached all relevant documents.

She was denied based on her employment
They stated although she is sponsored they don’t believe she received the quoted amount as salary, her bank statement was not included. Could this be the reason why? We didn’t include her bank statement because I’m her sponsor and we felt it was not required.

She also receives pension and I was just wondering how to go about reapplying

For a single pensioner, what ties can one have with Nigeria.

Her current employment is commission based hence salary varies. We quoted highest possible figure although it is not the same every month. What can we do regarding this ?

Please I seek assistance with the above

@justwie

Reapply. Include her bank statement and that of whoever is sponsoring the trip.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Adebayo347: 12:39am On Dec 22, 2022
How do I pay for the visa fee on gov Uk ? Which card can I use .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by eberem(f): 2:04am On Dec 22, 2022
Good day house, please my people I need àn urgent help here. I have just been denied UK visa for the 2nd time.

The first was November last year, then I wasn't married. I applied for visiting visa and I was denied on the basis of insufficient fund. That what I intend spending is disproportionate to my income. Mind you, my boss has undertaken to sponsor the trip as a tradition in our office enabling all staff to embark on all expense paid trip abroad annually with his bank statement attached. In spite of this, I was still denied.

I applied again last month November, to join my husband for the chrstmas holidays. My husband is a UK Citizen, we got married early this year, we were supposed to apply for spousal settlement but the issuance of my new passport with a change of name to my husband's was delayed, which took almost five months. When the passport came out eventually, when decided to apply for 6 months visiting visa to enable me join my husband for Christmas, considering the fact that settlement takes a longer duration. Again I was denied. Their basis was that one the companies I provided is inactive. I had mentioned that I have other passive sources of income, and I supported it with the companies CAC documents, I am a director in both companies. I also included all the evidence of my financial investments including landed assets. They still claimed that they are not satisfied that my intention is genuine. My husband wrote a letter of invitation, we also attached our marriage certificate including wedding pictures. I have sufficient funds in my account, I don't even withdraw money from my salary account. The statement is there for verification, I don't know what else they want me to do. The worst is that, they said I do not have the right to appeal. Please house, what should I do? Your advice will be highly appreciated because I don't know what to do again. Whether I should still write them regardless of the fact I that I don't have the right to appeal. Note that, my travel history is there, I just barely returned from a trip to UAE before I made my application. I have not stayed more than necessary in any country.

(1) (2) (3) ... (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) ... (614) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.