Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,544 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (452) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (830747 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) ... (615) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by itoski(m): 9:17pm On May 31, 2023
Thegamingorca:

The blue suits will ask for copies of everything you want to upload which dey won't be returning to you. That's why dey ask for the photocopies of your originals in black and white.

It's just to assist you scan/upload the documents.
All documents are returned to the applicant after scanning.
They keep only the passport!

5 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by aliACCA: 9:56pm On May 31, 2023
Thegamingorca:

You have experience with the visa application process.

You have history of travel within last 10yrs.

Have your financial obligations largely changed from how it was 8 yrs ago until now?

You already know the docs you tendered back then to prove your case, you should therefore know what docs to tender for this one too.

It's also not about what docs you have to present but how you present them.

Thanks for this reply.. really appreciate
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by duchess90(f): 5:35am On Jun 01, 2023
cheesy cheesy cheesy

giselle237:
I hope you have helped your family members as well? .. it is actually okay to live a life without scamming
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Luckychild2015: 8:13am On Jun 01, 2023
Good morning all, I am new here, I have read a couple of pages here, but didn’t see one that answered my question. My question is this, I want to apply for UK Visit visa for my kids who are 17 years and 15 years to go and spend the Summer holiday (14 days) with my younger brother who is a UK citizen, they will be going with their younger sibling who is 8yrs old who is an American citizen, who doesn’t need a visa.

Note please, I and their mother will not be traveling with them, they will be traveling alone to the UK if they’re granted the Visa.

What documentation do I need to submit? I will appreciate your responses. I thank you all, and God bless.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ugochinyere1(f): 8:16am On Jun 01, 2023
Hello guys.
Thanks to all the contributors in here.
Please I'd like to ask if anyone has converted from tier4 to either post study or tier 2 dependent with an expired passport but valid brp.(valid till July 1st)
Have been on passport renewal since feb.
Please any idea?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 10:22am On Jun 01, 2023
Ugochinyere1:
Hello guys.
Thanks to all the contributors in here.
Please I'd like to ask if anyone has converted from tier4 to either post study or tier 2 dependent with an expired passport but valid brp.(valid till July 1st)
Have been on passport renewal since feb.
Please any idea?
if inside the UK you dont need a valid passport at the exact moment. U can use your BRP to apply as normal and state that your passport is expired and is undergoing renewal. U will not be punished for this.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ugochinyere1(f): 11:05am On Jun 01, 2023
giselle237:
if inside the UK you dont need a valid passport at the exact moment. U can use your BRP to apply as normal and state that your passport is expired and is undergoing renewal. U will not be punished for this.

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ugochinyere1(f): 11:08am On Jun 01, 2023
giselle237:

Thank you.
Yes, I'm inside UK, would I need to input details of the expired one? Or is there any place I can make a note saying I'm awaiting my new passport.
Sorry to bother
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Luckychild2015: 1:21pm On Jun 01, 2023
Can someone help with this please.

Luckychild2015:
Good morning all, I am new here, I have read a couple of pages here, but didn’t see one that answered my question. My question is this, I want to apply for UK Visit visa for my kids who are 17 years and 15 years to go and spend the Summer holiday (14 days) with my younger brother who is a UK citizen, they will be going with their younger sibling who is 8yrs old who is an American citizen, who doesn’t need a visa.

Note please, I and their mother will not be traveling with them, they will be traveling alone to the UK if they’re granted the Visa.

What documentation do I need to submit? I will appreciate your responses. I thank you all, and God bless.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 1:22pm On Jun 01, 2023
ishola075:
To the gurus in the house, Especially for those who have gotten 2 yrs, 5yrs, and 10yrs visit visa, please how many month bank statement can someone use for a business owner to apply for 2 ys visit visa .. (not register business pls)
thanks

6 months will work.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 1:22pm On Jun 01, 2023
Ugochinyere1:
Thank you.
Yes, I'm inside UK, would I need to input details of the expired one? Or is there any place I can make a note saying I'm awaiting my new passport.
Sorry to bother
just fill the form as required and then in the additional info place write ur explanation. And that you will update them with the new passport as soon as it’s out. Once it comes out, feel update form online.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 1:23pm On Jun 01, 2023
Luckychild2015:

Can someone help with this please.
who is bringing the finances for the trip? Write mom and dad’s financial profile

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 1:51pm On Jun 01, 2023
Luckychild2015:

You will take the position as their sponsor, now imagine the documents you need to provide to prove beyond any reasonable doubt that the kids are related to you and that you expect them back in the country after said period.

Any history of travel previously or anywhere else?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ugochinyere1(f): 3:02pm On Jun 01, 2023
giselle237:
just fill the form as required and then in the additional info place write ur explanation. And that you will update them with the new passport as soon as it’s out. Once it comes out, feel update form online.

Thank you so much.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Luckychild2015: 5:16pm On Jun 01, 2023
I am the one sponsoring the trip, my name is on their birth certificates. What documents do I need to provide asides from my personal bank statements and their birth certificates and a copy of their mothers passport and letter from their mother.

quote author=Thegamingorca post=123509659]

You will take the position as their sponsor, now imagine the documents you need to provide to prove beyond any reasonable doubt that the kids are related to you and that you expect them back in the country after said period.

Any history of travel previously or anywhere else?[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Luckychild2015: 5:25pm On Jun 01, 2023
Note please, the two kids were born in the UK and they have a British birth certificate, I and their mom overstayed our visas back then. We were both young and native then. But we have strong ties to Nigeria now, I have 4 houses, lands, businesses .

Any advice please.’

Thegamingorca:

Any history of travel previously or anywhere else?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 6:26pm On Jun 01, 2023
Luckychild2015:
Note please, the two kids were born in the UK and they have a British birth certificate, I and their mom overstayed our visas back then. We were both young and native then. But we have strong ties to Nigeria now, I have 4 houses, lands, businesses .
Any advice please.’
abort mission if they have no other travel history
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 6:50pm On Jun 01, 2023
Luckychild2015:

Any advice please.’

As at the time they were born I think the citizenship by birth in UK has been non functional so their birth certificate being British won't help their case as dey will still need a visiting visa.

I'm pretty sure your records of overstay is over 10yrs ago so you don't need to put that one inside the application.

It is every right of a human being to want to travel, put yourself in the ECO shoes, the documents you need to provide besides financial statements are what will bring your children back to Nigeria as well as your ties in Nigeria.

Admission letter
Birth certificate
A few pictures of you and them at different stages of their lives.
Picture of yourself in the UK
Your own recent travels.
Mid term Exam scheduling in school
School resumption letter
Your bank statement which you will use to cover each individual application.( Note this statement of account must be spotless)
Things like tour itinerary
Travel history would have been helpful, even if nah Ghana Sef.

I think their chances of getting the visas would be better if you were tagging along as well as sponsoring them for this travel.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Luckychild2015: 7:00pm On Jun 01, 2023
Yes, my record of overstay is over 10yrs ago.
Do I need to put my company CAC documents in their application? Obviously, I won’t mention about me overstay, I will just include their UK birth certificate.

Thegamingorca:

As at the time they were born I think the citizenship by birth in UK has been non functional so their birth certificate being British won't help their case as dey will still need a visiting visa.

I'm pretty sure your records of overstay is over 10yrs ago so you don't need to put that one inside the application.

It is every right of a human being to want to travel, put yourself in the ECO shoes, the documents you need to provide besides financial statements are what will bring your children back to Nigeria as well as your ties in Nigeria.

Admission letter
Birth certificate
A few pictures of you and them at different stages of their lives.
Picture of yourself in the UK
Your own recent travels.
Mid term Exam scheduling in school
School resumption letter
Your bank statement which you will use to cover each individual application.( Note this statement of account must be spotless)
Things like tour itinerary
Travel history would have been helpful, even if nah Ghana Sef.

I think their chances of getting the visas would be better if you were tagging along as well as sponsoring them for this travel.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by CanadaQueen: 7:05pm On Jun 01, 2023
Hello guys,
Happy new month. Pls, I have some questions. I have been to the UK before but ever since I returned my visa has always been denied because back then I told them I'll stay for 2 wks BT ended up staying 4mths( my visa didn't expire though) that was in 2011/2012, I've written to explain why. I still applied for visit in 2018 and was still refused so I guessed dy banned me but didn't inform me. But right now I want to go thru the healthcare route but I dunno if those previous refusals will work against me.
Secondly, I live in Benin Republic now, I currently lecture in 2 Universities. BUT the issue is that, Benin schs aren't really organized in the sense that, they are franchises so an individual gets d license Frm govt and sells franchise to many ppl who will open branches of the University. So I currently work in two (diff schs) but salaries are peanuts and paid in naira and also not paid directly frm account DT reflects the sch name. Its d owner of d franchises DT pays from dia own personal acct. So I used this doc in applying for Canadian study permit and was denied. Now I want to face UK thru care work, do you think they will also request for my work info when I'm applying for visa? Pls what can I do as I don't have any other work I can claim. And I don't have anyone that owns an hospital that I can give money to be paying me salary mthly and act as my employer. I need help pls.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 7:13pm On Jun 01, 2023
Luckychild2015:
Do I need to put my company CAC documents in their application? Obviously, I won’t mention about me overstay, I will just include their UK birth certificate.

Yes you need to put your CAC certificate but I hope the company is active on CAC website?

Are you planning to provide a savings account that looks free of other sources of credit apart from what you plan to pen down as how much you get monthly from your work? or are you running a current account with alot of transactions

Apart from the birth certificates you need to add pictures of them in school uniforms by the school signboard, mid term break you downloaded from their school brochure during which time, you will be planning to make that trip. Pictures of you and the kids at different stages of their lives.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 7:25pm On Jun 01, 2023
Luckychild2015:

I hope you are not thinking of going anytime soon until you have atleast had a picture in your mind on how the trip will look like. If any of the criteria I'm recommending for you isn't applicable at the moment, it will be most advisable for you to delay.

Your trip that you will state in their application must not pass 1week.

Another most important thing is the financial statement you intend to lodge. Since it's two of them. You must have a disposable income that is equal to the naira pound oanda rate times 1000.
That's to say after removing monthly expenses, your disposable income each month must not be more than or less than 580k naira for this to fly.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jun 01, 2023
Luckychild2015:

Any advice please.’

Hi.Agreed they were born in uk but are under 40years old which means they are not citizens so that would not matter.

You say you have strong ties but are not the one travelling…it is actually your strong ties travelling i.e all 3 of your children!.

If it was one you could say for example the trip is a present for graduating with good grades(please don’t use that am giving you examples not ideas)and write letter of consent,attach results,birth certificate,POF and so so so but all three?.

It is now on you to prove what reason they will have to come back.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 7:40pm On Jun 01, 2023
CanadaQueen:
Hello guys,
Happy new month. Pls, I have some questions. I have been to the UK before but ever since I returned my visa has always been denied because back then I told them I'll stay for 2 wks BT ended up staying 4mths( my visa didn't expire though) that was in 2011/2012, I've written to explain why. I still applied for visit in 2018 and was still refused so I guessed dy banned me but didn't inform me. But right now I want to go thru the healthcare route but I dunno if those previous refusals will work against me.
Secondly, I live in Benin Republic now, I currently lecture in 2 Universities. BUT the issue is that, Benin schs aren't really organized in the sense that, they are franchises so an individual gets d license Frm govt and sells franchise to many ppl who will open branches of the University. So I currently work in two (diff schs) but salaries are peanuts and paid in naira and also not paid directly frm account DT reflects the sch name. Its d owner of d franchises DT pays from dia own personal acct. So I used this doc in applying for Canadian study permit and was denied. Now I want to face UK thru care work, do you think they will also request for my work info when I'm applying for visa? Pls what can I do as I don't have any other work I can claim. And I don't have anyone that owns an hospital that I can give money to be paying me salary mthly and act as my employer. I need help pls.

What was stated in the refusals from the UK? Why are you just assuming it's because you stayed beyond the 2weeks you initially stipulated? There are lots of ppl who go on annual leaves and 3months unpaid leave, medical conditions and what not foiling travel plans, why should yours be different?. Don't situations change again? Did you overstay your visa? If not, then why should your own case be any different? Where is your refusal letter?

Why are you assuming you've been banned entry into the UK? Again was this stated anywhere? What makes you think you did get a ban when the failed attempts isn't even upto 4

A cover letter will always suffice. I've written a 15 paged cover letter just to drive a point that I'm not an intending overstayer and will only stay 1 week but I ended up spending 9weeks. Yet I got another visa recently, so why should yours be different?

Why do you think your situation is a conundrum you yourself cannot solve?

For care work visa I think once you get the job offer you are almost always golden.

If in the event you do apply for a visit visa instead then perhaps all of these employers funds and employee's salary while in Africa will then matter.

Looking for someone to act as employer whilst you pour in money that they will be paying you is a great idea to show how clear your finance can be. Always put yourself in the ECO's shoes. The ECO in your mind should be a 5yr old toddler holding a doll in hand, missing a pair of sock on one foot and a sandal on the other stranded and crying in the rain waiting for his mummy to come take him home. That was up until you decided to approach him grin. You need to explain yourself in clear crystal terms to the eco on why he should agree to follow you to a shelter to receive help.

It's good to see you are thinking this things through.

It must not be a hospital, you can check pharmacies or chemists or medical lab equipment or anything health or even any company at all that's onboard with the idea that are registered on cac. Also ensure that they have a company bank account with the company name written on the account. This will be the account that will be paying you on a monthly basis on the same date every month for atleast the period you intend to build a nice looking bank statement 6months to 12months. Every month make sure there are multiple withdrawals of varying amounts but always ensure that the cumulative at the end of them month is always equal for each month. Also ensure that the withdrawals in total is nothing more than what would make your disposable income look too asthenic.

Also and most importantly, since you will be in total control of what you portray as your earnings using this method, you need to gauge the likely changes that will befall the naira on the oanda exchange rates between now and when you will apply because if your disposable income at the end of every month isn't upto or more than half of the amount on the naira side of the exchange times 1000(by the time you are applying). you may be rejected based on spending more than three times your disposable income on a trip. grin ***All this write up is for visit visas in particular****

This long term plan must be followed to the latter astutely and free of blemish from other unknown dumps, lodgement or withdrawals. Infact I will advice you open new bank account to this effect

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by XYZJAZZY: 8:35pm On Jun 01, 2023
I applied for UK visit with inactive company letter of recommendation at the end I was approved.

Though a lot of people told me it wont work but as God may have it I was granted visa.

Let us not put too much fear in applicant mind, what work for A don't work for B. We all have different angels working with us. Though I have read here where they denied a lot of pipo with inactive CAC.

Thegamingorca:

Yes you need to put your CAC certificate but I hope the company is active on CAC website?

Are you planning to provide a savings account that looks free of other sources of credit apart from what you plan to pen down as how much you get monthly from your work? or are you running a current account with alot of transactions

Apart from the birth certificates you need to add pictures of them in school uniforms by the school signboard, mid term break you downloaded from their school brochure during which time, you will be planning to make that trip. Pictures of you and the kids at different stages of their lives.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 8:44pm On Jun 01, 2023
XYZJAZZY:
I applied for UK visit with inactive company letter of recommendation at the end I was approved.

Though a lot of people told me it wont work but as God may have it I was granted visa.

Let us not put too much fear in applicant mind, what work for A don't work for B. We all have different angels working with us. Though I have read here where they denied a lot of pipo with inactive CAC.

I myself applied under a company whose CAC is actually inactive on CAC portal for almost 3 decades now and was granted, however, the fact remains that it is a viable reason to disqualify ppl by the ECO especially when there is nothing else to latch onto asides muddled funds.
They might decide to overlook especially when it is clear that it is the company name on the bank account that is always crediting their savings account.

If you do notice most ppl that get that as a criteria for refusal, will usually get that in their application as first timers. You will also notice they have only one other fault that is glaring particularly from their bank statement, like an unexplained opening balance or some heinous lodgement just left bare, from an unknown account undecided

However, the fact still remains that it is a ground for refusal. And for every first time applicant they need to avoid CAC inactivity like a plague and must ensure they cross all Ts and dot other 'I's to ensure they get approved.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Shadybeauty: 9:13pm On Jun 01, 2023
Please, how do I check if my company is active on the CAC website?
XYZJAZZY:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Luckychild2015: 9:24pm On Jun 01, 2023
My income from my business comes into my savings account, and my rent from tenants and sales of other real estate properties comes into my personal savings account sometimes.

I really appreciate your response, thank you and God bless.

Thegamingorca:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Luckychild2015: 9:25pm On Jun 01, 2023
Type your company’s name on the CAC website, or even on google.

Shadybeauty:
Please, how do I check if my company is active on the CAC website?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 9:57pm On Jun 01, 2023
Luckychild2015:
My income from my business comes into my savings account, and my rent from tenants and sales of other real estate properties comes into my personal savings account sometimes.

I really appreciate your response, thank you and God bless.

The credits to your account are from your business and house rents.
Is this income from the business fixed? Comes from the company bank account, comes once per month on a designated day?

Honestly, I'll advice you open another savings account and properly deposit a higher take from all accrued businesses only from your main business that you have CAC for on a consistent monthly basis once per month for atleast 6months. It shows discipline and moderation.

If their travel is soon however you will need to explain and explain those rent lodgements which honestly might hamper their chances of getting the visa as the more convoluted the bank statement looks, the less convinced the ECO will be.

(1) (2) (3) ... (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) ... (615) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

Viewing this topic: Gokoyer1401, lionlee216(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.