Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,774 members, 7,837,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (554) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (854016 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) ... (627) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by trigar12(m): 8:27am On Nov 28, 2023
I was told students will not be able to bring dependants to the UK starting from January, are there exceptions to this?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Wisdom7400(m): 8:33am On Nov 28, 2023
*UPDATE*
My mum entered yesterday with my kids. While I was waiting for them at the airport, immigration called me
Hi am I speaking with bla bla bla?
Are you expecting anyone today? (Yes my mum and kids)
May I confirm the name of your kids?
When did you and your wife come into the uk?
What do you do? You work or study?
My I confirm the address the kids will be staying with you?
Are you coming to pick them?
Ok fine that's all I want to know. Just wanna do a quick double check with you
No worries I will process them right now and they will be out in 15-20 mins
Thank youuuuu

One of their bags got missing anyways so she maid the claims inside
I still called the airline baggage handler outside

For lagos, Kenya airways been no wan check in my mum cos she no use them for return. They later asked her to go and confirm her return ticket with the airline.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Milito: 8:53am On Nov 28, 2023
Arise01:
Good afternoon my people, pls I will like to ask our gurus a question. said he has 1.4m in is account balance and he was granted Uk visit visa. Pls how true is this

I know someone with 40k plus in the account, who was granted, but it was a company sponsored visit. I filled the application and put £20 on the amount to personally spend based on the closing balance on the statement the person dropped.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Opeolami(m): 9:06am On Nov 28, 2023
pharrel1539:
Please where you interviewed before you got your visa?

No.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Milito: 9:11am On Nov 28, 2023
Milito:

I know someone with 40k plus in the account, who was granted, but it was a company sponsored visit. I filled the application and put £20 on the amount to personally spend based on the closing balance on the statement the person dropped.

And this reminds me how Agents can ignorantly mislead. The agent consulted to look the application over kept aguing with me that the amount the company (sponsor) is committing should be repeated in the column for the amount to personally spend.

I disagreed and explained the wording. We argued and argued, I read it out over and over but he kept insisiting that it's his job that he has been running for years and knows better.

It never made sense to me and I stood my ground, and he gave a caveat that I should be held responsible if that part causes the application to be refused.

And it was quite refreshing that the application was granted. Even other colleagues going for same program with better eye popping closing balance were refused; principally centered around deposits in account either with or without explanation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Segun889: 10:26am On Nov 28, 2023
[quote author=Oforleta post=127199869]Please which airline can someone use to enter South Wales which will not require transit visa?

BA- British airways

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Aremson14(m): 11:23am On Nov 28, 2023
Hi guys for Turkish airlines I’m transiting instanbul would I need a transit visa ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Internationalmu: 11:34am On Nov 28, 2023
giselle237:
pressing the submit button is all you need to do.

Thank you so much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 12:18pm On Nov 28, 2023
Aremson14:
Hi guys for Turkish airlines I’m transiting instanbul would I need a transit visa ?

No Sir

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by phiriki: 12:30pm On Nov 28, 2023
Good day all, how do I book transit visa and what's the duration.
Enroute to UK from lagos.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by babajide107: 12:30pm On Nov 28, 2023
Please provide further evidence of your relationship to the main applicant as you have only submitted a marriage certificate dated 2022. The fact you have demonstrated your marriage took place does not act as independent corroboration you are in an ongoing, subsisting relationship. Examples of acceptable proof of relationship may include photos (inside and outside of wedding), official, verifiable evidence confirming you reside at the same address as your partner, digital conversation history and joint bank accounts.
Please what can I give them..I have joint account with her sha but it’s just almost a month old
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Opeyemi007: 3:51pm On Nov 28, 2023
WhatsApp chats dating back to before/after marriage, pictures before you guys got married. Think of anything that could prove you’re in a real marriage.
babajide107:
Please provide further evidence of your relationship to the main applicant as you have only submitted a marriage certificate dated 2022. The fact you have demonstrated your marriage took place does not act as independent corroboration you are in an ongoing, subsisting relationship. Examples of acceptable proof of relationship may include photos (inside and outside of wedding), official, verifiable evidence confirming you reside at the same address as your partner, digital conversation history and joint bank accounts.
Please what can I give them..I have joint account with her sha but it’s just almost a month old
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 4:31pm On Nov 28, 2023
Please house I need information about this urgently.
My boyfriend who's studying in UK already, wants to take me in as dependent before the year runs out. Please what's the best way to go about this?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 5:06pm On Nov 28, 2023
Mayqueen2:
Please house I need information about this urgently.
My boyfriend who's studying in UK already, wants to take me in as dependent before the year runs out. Please what's the best way to go about this?

Hey !

Your boyfriend is still a student and why don't you let him gain his ground ? Let him graduate and start working . There is never a late time .

The year has run out already , therefore if you start anything now you will start with a rush which can jeopardize your visa .

You can visit your boyfriend right now and upon your entry he may plant a seed in your belly 😊 By the time you come back to naija and the seed germinated ...gbam you have automatically become a wife .

Anyways ...don't go as a dependent now since you did not apply together initially. UK embassy are smart..they would think you want to beat the new policy deadline of January 2024.

There is God ...don't give up.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by HorlahTunjee(m): 5:35pm On Nov 28, 2023
Hello guys,

TLS sent email that decision has been made and passport is ready for collection. The passport is on the way but there was no decision email for the standard visit visa. Does the decision email (especially refusal) come before or after this email?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 5:49pm On Nov 28, 2023
Thanks for your contribution. The issue is; because of the 20hrs visa restriction, he has not really been able to work. He believes bringing in dependant will ease the burden.Also, I have tried talking him out of it, but he's not getting convinced.
Through the help of my bf family members I already got marriage certificate and the required amount for POF. I applied for IOM and my appointment is tomorrow.
Everything just looks off to me, and I want to avoid us wasting more money, if it's not going to yield positive result.
That's why I'm asking if there's safer route instead of going with the narrative that we are married, without substantial evidence.
NewBoyKhashoggi:

Hey !

Your boyfriend is still a student and why don't you let him gain his ground ? Let him graduate and start working . There is never a late time .

The year has run out already , therefore if you start anything now you will start with a rush which can jeopardize your visa .

You can visit your boyfriend right now and upon your entry he may plant a seed in your belly 😊 By the time you come back to naija and the seed germinated ...gbam you have automatically become a wife .

Anyways ...don't go as a dependent now since you did not apply together initially. UK embassy are smart..they would think you want to beat the new policy deadline of January 2024.

There is God ...don't give up.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 5:52pm On Nov 28, 2023
HorlahTunjee:
Hello guys,

TLS sent email that decision has been made and passport is ready for collection. The passport is on the way but there was no decision email for the standard visit visa. Does the decision email (especially refusal) come before or after this email?

Hey !

All you need right now is a positive mindset . No answers here can clear your fear but the only thing to fear now is fear itself .

However , the email you got doesn't mean that your visa is approved or denied . It can be either way, and you'll have to wait for the passport to see the result of the application.

Visa decisions are confidential and delivered in sealed envelopes, nobody at the processing middleman...even TLScontact know your application status. I want to think that only the UK Home Office currently knows about your status .

Email can come at a later time or earlier . Just be positive.

There is God...don't give up.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by HorlahTunjee(m): 6:55pm On Nov 28, 2023
Thanks bro, I like the mindset, just that anxiety is killing me. I am actually based in UK/France, this is for one of my parent to visit.

NewBoyKhashoggi:

Hey !

All you need right now is a positive mindset . No answers here can clear your fear but the only thing to fear now is fear itself .

However , the email you got doesn't mean that your visa is approved or denied . It can be either way, and you'll have to wait for the passport to see the result of the application.

Visa decisions are confidential and delivered in sealed envelopes, nobody at the processing middleman...even TLScontact know your application status. I want to think that only the UK Home Office currently knows about your status .

Email can come at a later time or earlier . Just be positive.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 7:03pm On Nov 28, 2023
HorlahTunjee:
Thanks bro, I like the mindset, just that anxiety is killing me. I am actually based in UK/France, this is for one of my parent to visit.

Hey !

I see. Older people like parents generally have the edge if things 're worked well. Let's think positive 😊

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 7:08pm On Nov 28, 2023
Mayqueen2:
Thanks for your contribution. The issue is; because of the 20hrs visa restriction, he has not really been able to work. He believes bringing in dependant will ease the burden.Also, I have tried talking him out of it, but he's not getting convinced.
Through the help of my bf family members I already got marriage certificate and the required amount for POF. I applied for IOM and my appointment is tomorrow.
Everything just looks off to me, and I want to avoid us wasting more money, if it's not going to yield positive result.
That's why I'm asking if there's safer route instead of going with the narrative that we are married, without substantial evidence.

Hey !

I got you but there is no going back since your appointment is tomorrow and your hubby is bent on taking you with him ..he is positive , therefore you have to align your mind with him . Change your mindset and give it a try , we never can't tell .

Possibly , few of his friends over there have tried it and it worked hence his decision not to back out . Give it a try and let's see the outcome.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by JohnZak: 7:16pm On Nov 28, 2023
I apologize in advance if I may have misunderstood your post but it does not sound like you are not married to your boyfriend but have a "marriage certificate" that appears to have been fraudulently obtained by his family members. It is not worth submitting fraudulent documents or misrepresenting yourself for the purpose of obtaining a visa. Folks have been banned for up to 10 years because of issues like this or at the very least, have had subsequent visits undergo way more scrutiny than usual.

Mayqueen2:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sanyaolurilwan(m): 4:10am On Nov 29, 2023
Congratulations Boss

I'm 98% sure applicant had been granted!

HorlahTunjee:
Hello guys,

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 6:40am On Nov 29, 2023
Mayqueen2:
The safer route is to go as unmarried partners because you are not actually married.
It is not right to forge documents that you are married simply because you want to obtain a visa. You have also forged POF.
Same way your bf forged his POF.
If he didn’t, he wont be looking for you to come and work because he should already have his maintenance money for the duration of most of his school.
If things dont work out between two of you, as you have claimed you are married, you must go through an official divorce before you would be able to marry again in same UK as they only recognise monogamous relationships.
Well I am not a relationship adviser but the UK is not the way you see it and bf/gf relationship is far off from a married couple. Goodluck sistren!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by HorlahTunjee(m): 8:52am On Nov 29, 2023
I pray so, can't wait to see the sticker on the visa, fr!!

sanyaolurilwan:
Congratulations Boss

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dduchess90(f): 9:26am On Nov 29, 2023
Hello

I hope you are prepared for a 10years ban if things go south

Cheers
Mayqueen2:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 10:06am On Nov 29, 2023
HorlahTunjee:
Hello guys,

You already know the answer to the question you are asking
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by KingstonDome: 11:07am On Nov 29, 2023
I want to apply for tourist visa. Which bank should I use as proof of funds. Personal or Company? I want to use 10M. Is that okay? How many months is okay .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Kaymanse: 11:13am On Nov 29, 2023
pharrel1539:
Please have you gotten your visa and how are ypu following it up cos I am in this same situation.

I got it on 3rd Nov. I'm in UK now
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by HorlahTunjee(m): 11:57am On Nov 29, 2023
Visa Alert!!

This is the 5th UK visa I'm doing these past months.

2 for myself - visit and dependent. Student visa for my spouse. Depedent for my child. And now, visit for my parent.

All successful on first trial!

Each time the awaiting the decision is always crazy. Anxiety and a lot of what ifs?

I really pray for everyone expecting to get a positive response

Thanks you guys. Appreciate you @NewBoyKhashoggi

sanyaolurilwan:
Congratulations Boss

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by lolapeace: 12:37pm On Nov 29, 2023
HorlahTunjee:
Visa Alert!!

This is the 5th UK visa I'm doing these past months.

2 for myself - visit and dependent. Student visa for my spouse. Depedent for my child. And now, visit for my parent.

All successful on first trial!

Each time the awaiting the decision is always crazy. Anxiety and a lot of what ifs?

I really pray for everyone expecting to get a positive response

Thanks you guys. Appreciate you @NewBoyKhashoggi

Please when was the biometric done and which TLS? I captured in Abuja since 9th Nov. No update yet.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by HorlahTunjee(m): 12:45pm On Nov 29, 2023
Biometric was done at Ikeja, 14th Nov.

lolapeace:

Please when was the biometric done and which TLS? I captured in Abuja since 9th Nov. No update yet.

(1) (2) (3) ... (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) ... (627) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

Viewing this topic: isArray and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.