Stats: 3,159,002 members, 7,838,515 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (560) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (854753 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (557) (558) (559) (560) (561) (562) (563) ... (627) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by OZAOEKPE(f): 10:33am On Dec 06, 2023
Not to discourage you guys but please uk no worth coming now, go to other European countries better than naija
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by chima1978: 11:28am On Dec 06, 2023
Sweetjam:

Yes

Oh wow that's cool. I did mine on the same day and I am yet to get an email for pick up. Fingers crossed for today as it is 15 days exact today.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Sweetjam: 11:28am On Dec 06, 2023
i applied for a uk visa and my biometric was on 21st November,I got a mail that my application has arrived at the dmc on 27th and next mail I got was from tls on Monday 4 that my passport will be delivered.I didn’t get the “a decision has been made on your application email “ I hope I got the Visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by chima1978: 11:32am On Dec 06, 2023
EstherOA:
really, have you gotten it??. Did use dhl service? If so, the pick up email was it from TLS, DMC or Dhl??
Did you do your biometrics on the 21st Nov too? Lagos?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by chima1978: 11:43am On Dec 06, 2023
Sweetjam:
i applied for a uk visa and my biometric was on 21st November,I got a mail that my application has arrived at the dmc on 27th and next mail I got was from tls on Monday 4 that my passport will be delivered.I didn’t get the “a decision has been made on your application email “ I hope I got the Visa?

I am sure you did as you did not get a refusal email. So you opted for DHL delivery?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Sweetjam: 11:44am On Dec 06, 2023
chima1978:

I am sure you did as you did not get a refusal email. So you opted for DHL delivery?
Yes,paid for courier service

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by pharrel1539: 12:26pm On Dec 06, 2023
Look at nigeria is nigeria worth staying with the everyday hardship and no bright future ahead. Meanwhile are you in uk already or still about to come
OZAOEKPE:
Not to discourage you guys but please uk no worth coming now, go to other European countries better than naija
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by trophee(m): 1:04pm On Dec 06, 2023
Please has anyone who did biometrics on Nov 23 for standard visitor visa gotten a decision?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by EstherOA: 3:01pm On Dec 06, 2023
chima1978:

Did you do your biometrics on the 21st Nov too? Lagos?
I did mine 22nd. Yes Lagos
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by cbn4main: 3:09pm On Dec 06, 2023
Elders in the house,
I just got a collection mail for my Mother-in-law's visit visa. She did her biometrics in PH on 22/11/2023.

Should I expect a decision mail or I should assume that the visa was successful?

The passport will be delivered in 48 hours.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Rerin: 5:32pm On Dec 06, 2023
Good afternoon house. My appointment is 8am tomorrow.
I have uploaded all documents as at now. Whenever I click submit button on tls site, it kept on giving me an error message " an error occurred during the submission".
I used another device that is phone and another laptop but giving me same error message. Please what else should I do? What could be the reason? Is there any time frame or maximum time we can self upload on tls portal?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oyesquare10: 5:52pm On Dec 06, 2023
Certain the Visa is successful since you didn't get any refusal letter before the collection email.
Can you share documents submitted please? I'm about to re apply for my mom. Thank you

cbn4main:
Elders in the house,
I just got a collection mail for my Mother-in-law's visit visa. She did her biometrics in PH on 22/11/2023.

Should I expect a decision mail or I should assume that the visa was successful?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by cbn4main: 6:13pm On Dec 06, 2023
Thanks for the reply.

The trip is 100% sponsored by my spouse with £4k. Duration of trip, 2 months. Submitted bank statement had over £9k balance.
Documents uploaded:

MA:
Passport
Cover letter
bank statement (She had like N100k balance)
Letter of employment and retirement
Pictures of her in her shop
Family pictures
Letter of attestation from her husband.

Sponsor's documents:

Letter of invitation/Sponsorship
Employment letter
6 months bank statements
6 months payslip
MatB1 form
Tenancy agreement
BRP
Passport data page.

I forgot to upload my partner's Birth certificate/age declaration as proof of r/ship.

Oyesquare10:
Certain the Visa is successful since you didn't get any refusal letter before the collection email.
Can you share documents submitted please? I'm about to re apply for my mom. Thank you

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by lawrenzoh: 8:16pm On Dec 06, 2023
lawrenzoh:

Hello guys, please a brother needs your kind suggestion. I do not want to make another mistake or risk another refusal. I humbly solicit your suggestions. For reference, also see this post: https://www.nairaland.com/6969367/general-uk-visa-enquiries-part/557#127286996

Thank you all as you contribute.
Another gentle appeal
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Olumain4: 8:54pm On Dec 06, 2023
EstherOA:
. Certainly, you'll be required to submit your account statement. The required amount depends on factors like your earnings, savings, etc., considering you have a sponsor. You don't need an excessive amount, but having a reasonable sum is advisable.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by JohnZak: 9:53pm On Dec 06, 2023
Hi!
My two cents:

Since the ECO had an issue with your parents' funds, I suggest that your parents list you and your partner as her sponsors. This is assuming you guys have more money in your account than your parents do in their own account.

Write a cover letter that explains why you are inviting your mum and that addresses the issues raised in her previous refusal. If you are going to sponsor your mum, state that in your cover letter. Include a maternity certificate (MAT B1) in your new application.

State your mum's ties to Nigeria in your cover - letter from her place of employment, her marriage certificate, husband's retirement papers, proof of any business that she might be running, birth certificate of her other kids, documents for properties of land that she might own, her own account/joint account statement etc. You should also include your BRP, house deeds or tenancy agreement, utility bills, your account statement (3-6 months), proof of employment for you and your partner, pay stubs, and your marriage certificate. Ensure to explain any ambiguous deposits or withdrawals in your account if you decide to use your own account statement to sponsor your mum. Same applies to your mum's/joint account statement, especially if she is sponsoring herself.

Good luck with the new application.

lawrenzoh:

Another gentle appeal

Hello guys, please a brother needs your kind suggestion. I do not want to make another mistake or risk another refusal. I humbly solicit your suggestions. For reference, also see this post: https://www.nairaland.com/6969367/general-uk-visa-enquiries-part/557#127286996

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Kambelu(f): 10:20pm On Dec 06, 2023
cbn4main:
Elders in the house,

Hello pls what is the address that was used in the letter of invitation? Is it the ph visa application address?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by lawrenzoh: 1:15am On Dec 07, 2023
JohnZak:
Hi!
My two cents:

Since the ECO had an issue with your parents' funds, I suggest that your parents list you and your partner as her sponsors. This is assuming you guys have more money in your account than your parents do in their own account.

Write a cover letter that explains why you are inviting your mum and that addresses the issues raised in her previous refusal. If you are going to sponsor your mum, state that in your cover letter. Include a maternity certificate (MAT B1) in your new application.

State your mum's ties to Nigeria in your cover - letter from her place of employment, her marriage certificate, husband's retirement papers, proof of any business that she might be running, birth certificate of her other kids, documents for properties of land that she might own, her own account/joint account statement etc. You should also include your BRP, house deeds or tenancy agreement, utility bills, your account statement (3-6 months), proof of employment for you and your partner, pay stubs, and your marriage certificate. Ensure to explain any ambiguous deposits or withdrawals in your account if you decide to use your own account statement to sponsor your mum. Same applies to your mum's/joint account statement, especially if she is sponsoring herself.

Thanks John!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oyesquare10: 10:17am On Dec 07, 2023
Thank you.
Congratulations again 🎉

cbn4main:
Thanks for the reply.

The trip is 100% sponsored by my spouse with £4k. Duration of trip, 2 months. Submitted bank statement had over £9k balance.
Documents uploaded:

MA:
Passport
Cover letter
Family pictures

Sponsor's documents:

Employment letter
6 months bank statements
6 months payslip
MatB1 form
Tenancy agreement
BRP
Passport data page.

I forgot to upload my partner's Birth certificate/age declaration as proof of r/ship.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by pharrel1539: 12:42pm On Dec 07, 2023
Please sorry to ask what is the full meaning of this ECO frequently used.

JohnZak:
Hi!
My two cents:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by OZAOEKPE(f): 12:58pm On Dec 07, 2023
pharrel1539:
Look at nigeria is nigeria worth staying with the everyday hardship and no bright future ahead. Meanwhile are you in uk already or still about to come
With this useless immigration law I prefer naija to this place. Uk is not worth a place where one have issues with immigration. Many schools are strict with their payments and now this sponsorship law. It’s not easy as you think
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Arise01: 1:44pm On Dec 07, 2023
They won’t understand bro😊
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 1:45pm On Dec 07, 2023
pharrel1539:
Please sorry to ask what is the full meaning of this ECO frequently used.

Entry clearance officer
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Damybams13: 2:41pm On Dec 07, 2023
Hi everyone,

I applied for my daughter's visa and she did her biometrics yesterday, but I don't know how I forgot to upload my visa page with her documents. Please what can I do now, is there a way I can quickly upload it before her application is reviewed by DMC?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by EstherOA: 2:58pm On Dec 07, 2023
Damybams13:
Hi everyone,

I applied for my daughter's visa and she did her biometrics yesterday, but I don't know how I forgot to upload my visa page with her documents. Please what can I do now, is there a way I can quickly upload it before her application is reviewed by DMC?
As long as you've uploaded your passport biodata, they will undoubtedly observe that you possess a valid visa, evident through your passport number. You’ve submitted her application & done biometrics, there is no room for change or to upload again.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Damybams13: 3:52pm On Dec 07, 2023
EstherOA:
As long as you've uploaded your passport biodata, they will undoubtedly observe that you possess a valid visa, evident through your passport number. You’ve submitted her application & done biometrics, there is no room for change or to upload again.

Thank you Esther for the reply.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by cbn4main: 4:54pm On Dec 07, 2023
Visa alert: (mother in law, a retiree)
Standard visa

Biometrics: 22/11/2023.
Collection mail: 6/12/2023

Documents uploaded:

MA:
Passport
Cover letter
Family pictures

Sponsor's documents:

Employment letter
6 months bank statements
6 months payslip
MatB1 form
Tenancy agreement
BRP
Passport data page.

This platform gave me all the information I used. Well done guys!!!

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Onyiiiiibeke(f): 5:14pm On Dec 07, 2023
Have you gotten your decision?
trophee:
Please has anyone who did biometrics on Nov 23 for standard visitor visa gotten a decision?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Kambelu(f): 6:24pm On Dec 07, 2023
Please can someone help me with the address for writing a cover and invitation letter for someone applying for ph? I’ve been asking. Pls someone help me with it cry
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by cbn4main: 7:23pm On Dec 07, 2023
I used the below address and biometrics was in ph and I have my Visa now.

The Entry Clearance Officer,
UK Visas and Immigration
Sheffield
United Kingdom.

It may be a wrong address sha. I doubt of the address matter anyways

Kambelu:
Please can someone help me with the address for writing a cover and invitation letter for someone applying for ph? I’ve been asking. Pls someone help me with it cry
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by chima1978: 7:39pm On Dec 07, 2023
chima1978:
Is there anyone here who did biometrics on November 21st that has got a pick up email from TLS?
Got my pick up documents email from TLS today. Will pick it up tomorrow. Biometrics done 21/11. Fingers crossed.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by salawustyles(m): 7:49pm On Dec 07, 2023
How can one get work visa sponsorship

(1) (2) (3) ... (557) (558) (559) (560) (561) (562) (563) ... (627) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2