Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

Is Perfection An Enemy Of Success? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Perfection An Enemy Of Success? (802 Views)

The Bible,an Enemy Of A Truth Seeker / Is God The Enemy Of Logic / Perfection Must Be Attained To Get To Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Perfection An Enemy Of Success? by chima2011: 1:51am On Jun 23, 2011
Is Perfection an enemy of success?

What's your opinion

For me I don't only believe that being perfect is an enemy of success. It is also a recipe for failure
SEE MY REASONS:
http://stories.com.ng/2011/06/perfection-is-an-enemy-o-f-success-a-recipe-for-failure/
Re: Is Perfection An Enemy Of Success? by Jenwitemi(m): 3:52am On Jun 23, 2011
Perfection is a nebulous word. What is perfection to you?
Re: Is Perfection An Enemy Of Success? by Joagbaje(m): 9:00am On Jun 23, 2011
There are different kinds of perfections Biblically perfection of of the major use of the word in the new testament epistle means maturity. The perfection of the saints actually means maturity ,equiping of the saints. Not really a state of absolute faultlessness .

So perfection is not an enemy of success In that sense
Re: Is Perfection An Enemy Of Success? by 5solas(m): 11:39am On Jun 25, 2011
chima2011:

Is Perfection an enemy of success?[/Quote]
No.
chima2011 link=topic=696969.msg8572396#msg8572396 date=1308790294:

For me I don't only believe that being perfect is an enemy of success. It is also a recipe for failure
SEE MY REASONS:
http://stories.com.ng/2011/06/perfection-is-an-enemy-o-f-success-a-recipe-for-failure/
Perfection is a virtue. So I don’t see it as a recipe for failure, far from it! If perfection is attainable in this life is another matter.
chima2011:

What's your opinion
I believe in the whole substance of your post. The enemy is perfectionism, not perfection. The following definition will shed more light hopefully.
[Quote]
Perfectionism:
1.demand for perfection: rigorous rejection of anything less than perfect
2.belief in existence of perfection: the doctrine that perfection is possible in human beings
Perfectionist:
1. demanding person: somebody who demands or seeks to achieve nothing less than perfection
2. believer in perfectionism: a believer in the philosophical doctrine of perfectionism
Microsoft® Encarta® 2008. © 1993-2007 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Re: Is Perfection An Enemy Of Success? by chima2011: 4:53am On Jun 26, 2011
5solas:

No.Perfection is a virtue. So I don’t see it as a recipe for failure, far from it! If perfection is attainable in this life is another matter.I believe in the whole substance of your post. The enemy is perfectionism, not perfection. The following definition will shed more light hopefully.

Thanks man for the clarification: Old man "Perfectionism" is the right choice of word.

It is that fastest way to breed procrastination in any man or woman.
Re: Is Perfection An Enemy Of Success? by 5solas(m): 9:13pm On Jun 26, 2011
chima2011:

Thanks man for the clarification: Old man "Perfectionism" is the right choice of word.

It is that fastest way to breed procrastination in any man or woman.

I completely agree.

(1) (Reply)

The Bible Says The Sun Stood Still / Goodbye Nairaland Christians! / Part 35 Red Alert: As Pagan Observances Of “lent And Forty Days Fast” Continues, Millions Of Souls Of Men Are Dying Daily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.