Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,808 members, 7,827,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

Is God The Enemy Of Logic - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is God The Enemy Of Logic (1458 Views)

Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? / The Resurrection Versus The Qur’an In The Light Of Logic / Murder in the name of God - The slaying of Pope John Paul 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is God The Enemy Of Logic by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jul 23, 2014
I have been told not to engage my brain when delving into the things of God and religion.

For example we are not to challenge any doctrine, dogma, instruction or even possible contradictions in the bible. To do so would mean we are enemies of God because with God its faith and not logic. This is a most baffling situation.

If God made us and put in our skulls the most advanced computer in the universe ( brain ) how does he expect us not to use it especially in matters concerning salvation and doctrine. Is God the enemy of logic ?

Is it wrong or even a sin for me to carefully analyse, dissect, review, assess and perform utter due diligence on all the so called bible doctrines to see if they are true. Is God the enemy of Logic ?

On the other hand as mentioned previously , how can God be anti-Logic since he actually invented Logic. Could it be that those who are ant-Logic and who try to pull God into their camp are scared of losing control, of seeing their entire personal empires crumble and the myths and fables they have for so long believed come down like a pack of cards.

The bereans performed serious due diligence on scripture and God even calls us to reason with him , so why do religious people want us to follow bind faith and reject logic when the on we are having blind faith in is actually the originator of logic. This is a contradiction of sorts.

In Islam if you challenge the Quran you may be handed your head on a plater of silver.
In Christianity if you challenge certain contradictions you will be branded a heretic and excommunicated.

Buy why ? What is there to fear aboutLogic ! Surely truth if it is indeed truth will validate and stand by itself, no ! Why do Imams, Pastors, Priests etc dread a challenge to the crux and foundation of their faith ?

Please help me, my head is overheating !
Re: Is God The Enemy Of Logic by shdemidemi(m): 9:40pm On Jul 23, 2014
Lol...

When it gets to spiritual matters, sometimes logic cannot comprehend it. Imagine the bible saying someone died for sins I did not personally commit even before I was born... Logically speaking, it is laughable.

But as Christians we believe it because the book says so, we believe it because we have Faith/Trust in the book.

Our natural cognisance can't get us to see that far..

2 Likes

Re: Is God The Enemy Of Logic by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jul 23, 2014
It is fear of losing control and the misunderstanding of the ways of God.

Some people, especially the fake Overseers, believe that the best way to keep the sheep under control is to enable them to be without control. That is where fear comes in. An effective way to be in control and suppress that of others is by raising a propaganda above their ability to reason. He does this with the help of illusions he creates on the power of God.

A minister may also say it out of ignorance emanating from an austere view of the person of God. Some love to see God as a very serious looking man who has established some industry and for the mere fact the he is the inventor, he wouldn't be happy when we try to see reason with his claim. Others in this category may also suffer from a kind of understanding. The understanding that God is all-knowing and since we can never match his reason, questioning it becomes sinful.

This second set do it in good faith.
Re: Is God The Enemy Of Logic by UrbanMystique: 9:54pm On Jul 23, 2014
It's simple..
Those that invented god/religion are not all stupid as we think..they learn one or two things from the dead religions and Gods to perfect a long time scam.
They know sane people will ask questions in the future like they did in the past about obvious contradiction and confusion they invented and in other not to allow their own invention die like the ones b4, they checkmated it before the questions even arrive. It is perfect plan and you have to give that to those barbarians or why do you think the Abramovic religions last this long?

Never question their insanity.. In order to avoid going crazy, read about the past gods and religions, and how they go the way of dinosaurs.. That should help in knowing why they don't want you to question their god.

1 Like

Re: Is God The Enemy Of Logic by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jul 23, 2014
shdemidemi: Lol...

When it gets to spiritual matters, sometimes logic cannot comprehend it. Imagine the bible saying someone died for sins I did not personally commit even before I was born... Logically speaking, it is laughable.

But as Christians we believe it because the book says so, we believe it because we have Faith/Trust in the book.

Frankly speaking, I don't think it is. The problem is that we have a wrong understanding of the word 'Logic'.

A thing is logical, I think, when it respects the mechanism it is supposed to follow consistently. Some person may tell you that it is illogical for a car to fly forgetting that the car was not built with the mechanism to fly. It is only when you are staring at a car without such mechanism and still go ahead and make that claim with reference to it.

So, spiritual matters, as long as they operate within the possibilities of spirituality and not go contrary, can be termed as logical.

1 Like

Re: Is God The Enemy Of Logic by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jul 23, 2014
shdemidemi: Lol...

so you believe by faith but so do the Muslims and the Hindus etc. Can they also not lay claim to this faith you keep parroting , why is their faith not exclusive but yours is ?

1 Like

Re: Is God The Enemy Of Logic by shdemidemi(m): 10:07pm On Jul 23, 2014
frosbel:

so you believe by faith but so do the Muslims and the Hindus etc. Can they also not lay claim to this faith you keep parroting , why is their faith not exclusive but yours is ?

The anchor of our faith is different, my faith rest on the finished work on the cross of Calvary.... What is the subject of their faith?
Re: Is God The Enemy Of Logic by nep2ra(m): 10:09pm On Jul 23, 2014
Call it naivety, call it ignorance or just plain silliness.

We often fail to realize the dynamics behind religion. Religion is about CONTROL. Plain and Simple!

The dominant religion gets all the perks associated with that position while the less dominant religion bides its time.

Religion and politics go hand in hand. Where a particular religion garners great followership, like ants to sugar, it attracts powerful personalities and interests.

Religion is mind programming. It programs its adherents to act in predetermined ways.

If you are a follower of any religion, then you are stuck in the Matrix.

1 Like

Re: Is God The Enemy Of Logic by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:09pm On Jul 23, 2014
Reyginus: Frankly speaking, I don't think it is. The problem is that we have a wrong understanding of the word 'Logic'.

A thing is logical, I think, when it respects the mechanism it is supposed to follow consistently. Some person may tell you that it is illogical for a car to fly forgetting that the car was not built with the mechanism to fly. It is only when you are staring at a car without such mechanism and still go ahead and make that claim with reference to it.

So, spiritual matters, as long as they operate within the possibilities of spirituality and not go contrary, can be termed as logical.

except xtians insist that cars can fly if they pray hard enough.

1 Like

Re: Is God The Enemy Of Logic by shdemidemi(m): 10:10pm On Jul 23, 2014
Reyginus: Frankly speaking, I don't think it is. The problem is that we have a wrong understanding of the word 'Logic'.

Thank you bro..

I do understand what you mean and it also get where the OP is heading from...

What logically adds up to a spiritual person might not add up to an atheist for example... I stand to be corrected
Re: Is God The Enemy Of Logic by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jul 23, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

except xtians insist that cars can fly if they pray hard enough.
What do you mean?
Re: Is God The Enemy Of Logic by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jul 23, 2014
shdemidemi:

Thank you bro..

I do understand what you mean and it also get where the OP is heading from...

What logically adds up to a spiritual person might not add up to an atheist for example... I stand to be corrected
No you don't. You are right. Any party can easily be at fault here.
Re: Is God The Enemy Of Logic by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jul 23, 2014
The Faith in God is not a blind faith but faith based on logic .
Re: Is God The Enemy Of Logic by shdemidemi(m): 10:28pm On Jul 23, 2014
frosbel: The Faith in God is not a blind faith but faith based on logic .

All of a sudden, you run short of words.

Bro, take chill pill

Logic with what sense- the same sense of touch, feel, sight, hear and feel that is connected to this sinful world.

God demand us to debunk that sense and pick up a sense from His word that sees farther, brighter even beyond this present world.
Re: Is God The Enemy Of Logic by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jul 23, 2014
shdemidemi:
All of a sudden, you run short of words.
Bro, take chill pill
Logic with what sense- the same sense of touch, feel, sight, hear and feel that is connected to this sinful world.
God demand us to debunk that sense and pick up a sense from His word that sees farther, brighter even beyond this present world.

run short of words

Again, God does not debunk Logic which is different from 'feeling' and contrary to the apples to oranges comparison you are attempting to make.

In fact the entire bible is about God reasoning and pleading with mankind to reject evil , choose good and be saved.

""Come now, let us settle the matter," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool." - Isaiah 1:18

"Present your case," says the LORD. "Set forth your arguments," says Jacob's King." - Isaiah 41:21
Re: Is God The Enemy Of Logic by alexleo(m): 10:35pm On Jul 23, 2014
frosbel: I have been told not to engage my brain when delving into the things of God and religion.

For example we are not to challenge any doctrine, dogma, instruction or even possible contradictions in the bible. To do so would mean we are enemies of God because with God its faith and not logic. This is a most baffling situation.

If God made us and put in our skulls the most advanced computer in the universe ( brain ) how does he expect us not to use it especially in matters concerning salvation and doctrine. Is God the enemy of logic ?

Is it wrong or even a sin for me to carefully analyse, dissect, review, assess and perform utter due diligence on all the so called bible doctrines to see if they are true. Is God the enemy of Logic ?

On the other hand as mentioned previously , how can God be anti-Logic since he actually invented Logic. Could it be that those who are ant-Logic and who try to pull God into their camp are scared of losing control, of seeing their entire personal empires crumble and the myths and fables they have for so long believed come down like a pack of cards.

The bereans performed serious due diligence on scripture and God even calls us to reason with him , so why do religious people want us to follow bind faith and reject logic when the on we are having blind faith in is actually the originator of logic. This is a contradiction of sorts.

In Islam if you challenge the Quran you may be handed your head on a plater of silver.
In Christianity if you challenge certain contradictions you will be branded a heretic and excommunicated.

Buy why ? What is there to fear aboutLogic ! Surely truth if it is indeed truth will validate and stand by itself, no ! Why do Imams, Pastors, Priests etc dread a challenge to the crux and foundation of their faith ?

Please help me, my head is overheating !

HAhaha this my brother don dey go o.

The bible tells us that we walk by faith and not by sight so na you sabi. Now using logic to interpret the bible means you will cancel many things written there.
Logic tells me that-

1. the red sea couldnt have parted just by Moses lifting up his hand.
2. Water couldnt have come out of the rock just by hitting Moses' staff on it.
3. Moses' staff couldnt have turned to a serpent to swallow the other ones and he still picked it up and it became wood again.
4. Fire couldnt have fallen from heaven to eat up Elijah's sacrifice.
5. Chariots of fire couldnt have come to take Elijah up to heaven.
6. Jesus couldnt have turned water into wine just by telling them to fill the drums with water and to start sharing it.
7. Jesus couldnt have used five loaves and two fishes to feed over five thousand people with twelve baskets remaining.
8. Jesus couldnt have done the other miracles he did.
9. there is nothing like the trumpet sounding and the dead in Christ resurrecting.
10. infact Jesus is not any son of God because there is no God.
11. How can you believe in a God you ve never seen
12. How can somebody create this whole world just by talk talk?

Bro ride on on your trip to atheism because they are the people who use logic to interpret the scriptures. Like i said, na look i just dey look you.

1 Like

Re: Is God The Enemy Of Logic by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jul 23, 2014
alexleo:

The bible tells us that we walk by faith and not by sight so na you sabi. Now using logic to interpret the bible means you will cancel many things written there.
Logic tells me that-

3. Moses' staff couldnt have turned to a serpent to swallow the other ones and he still picked it up and it became wood again.
6. Jesus couldnt have turned water into wine just by telling them to fill the drums with water and to start sharing it.
7. Jesus couldnt have used five loaves and two fishes to feed over five thousand people with twelve baskets remaining.
9. there is nothing like the trumpet sounding and the dead in Christ resurrecting.

Bro ride on on your trip to atheism because they are the people who use logic to interpret the scriptures. Like i said, na look i just dey look you.

Atheism

Pal, on the contrary !

As I free myself from the clutches of religion, I find myself getting to know about God more and also appreciating his love in a deeper way than all the years I wasted in deeperlife and AF put together. cheesy
Re: Is God The Enemy Of Logic by alexleo(m): 10:49pm On Jul 23, 2014
frosbel:

Atheism

Pal, on the contrary !

As I free myself from the clutches of religion, I find myself getting to know about God more and also appreciating his love in a deeper way than all the years I wasted in deeperlife and AF put together. cheesy

Dont worry bro, the journey has not ended yet, you are still on it. You will still get to a point where you ll begin to see that "there is no God". By then you will also consider all the years you spent being under a church and the years you are now spending on knowing God independently as a waste. Like i said, na look i dey look you.
Re: Is God The Enemy Of Logic by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jul 23, 2014
Frosbel the closet agnostic.
You claim god is not Jewish, yet you believe in Yahweh and Jesus.
grin

2 Likes

Re: Is God The Enemy Of Logic by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jul 23, 2014
alexleo:

Dont worry bro, the journey has not ended yet, you are still on it. You will still get to a point where you ll begin to see that "there is no God". By then you will also consider all the years you spent being under a church and the years you are now spending on knowing God independently as a waste. Like i said, na look i dey look you.

After my experiences in Apostolic faith and Deeperlife , I truly believe most of those years were a total waste.
Re: Is God The Enemy Of Logic by alexleo(m): 10:56pm On Jul 23, 2014
frosbel:

After my experiences in Apostolic faith and Deeperlife , I truly believe most of those years were a total waste.

Yea no problem. Same story you will tell us about your independent search now by the time you land in the no-God zone.

I'm not even telling you to belong to any church. You know what am saying so na you sabi wetin make you dey drag am go church side.
Re: Is God The Enemy Of Logic by shdemidemi(m): 10:58pm On Jul 23, 2014
frosbel:

run short of words

Again, God does not debunk Logic which is different from 'feeling' and contrary to the apples to oranges comparison you are attempting to make.

In fact the entire bible is about God reasoning and pleading with mankind to reject evil , choose good and be saved.

""Come now, let us settle the matter," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool." - Isaiah 1:18

"Present your case," says the LORD. "Set forth your arguments," says Jacob's King." - Isaiah 41:21

And how many Christians have God called to reason with today? Moreover, go do your research on the meaning and context at which the statement was made.
Re: Is God The Enemy Of Logic by shdemidemi(m): 11:02pm On Jul 23, 2014
alexleo:

Logic tells me that-

The brother no know the driver wey dey convey am

1 Like

Re: Is God The Enemy Of Logic by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jul 23, 2014
shdemidemi:

And how many Christians have God called to reason with today? Moreover, go do your research on the meaning and context at which the statement was made.

oh no, there was a hidden meaning, lol. grin
Re: Is God The Enemy Of Logic by alexleo(m): 11:04pm On Jul 23, 2014
shdemidemi:

Bro thats his style of reading the bible. Cut and join style so that it will suit his interest. Same thing some of the pastors he is accusing are doing to siphon money from their congregation. It doesnt work that way.
Re: Is God The Enemy Of Logic by shdemidemi(m): 11:05pm On Jul 23, 2014
frosbel:

oh no, there was a hidden meaning, lol. grin

What has God called you to address so far, considering how zealous and aggressive you have been for Him for years on nairaland?
Re: Is God The Enemy Of Logic by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jul 23, 2014
shdemidemi:

What has God called you to address so far, considering how zealous and aggressive you have been for Him for years on nairaland?

I am liberating people from religion and showing them the way back to God.

I am still a staunch follower and believer in Jesus Christ but not in the way you guys follow him.

cool

1 Like

Re: Is God The Enemy Of Logic by alexleo(m): 11:08pm On Jul 23, 2014
shdemidemi:

My dear na so we see am o. The guy don dey go. Na look we dey look.
Re: Is God The Enemy Of Logic by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jul 23, 2014
shdemidemi:

The driver is certainly not the one that believes in torture, religious racism and control madness parading as church in that 'damned' land called Nigeria grin

1 Like

Re: Is God The Enemy Of Logic by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:31pm On Jul 23, 2014
frosbel:

I am still a staunch follower and believer in Jesus Christ but not in the way you guys follow him.

cool

Welcome to the flock my brother. Religion is pure evil fraud. The only way to the true Lord is through Logic.
Praises! He has done it again.

2 Likes

Re: Is God The Enemy Of Logic by shdemidemi(m): 11:31pm On Jul 23, 2014
alexleo:

My dear na so we see am o. The guy don dey go. Na look we dey look.

Lol..guy, please don't kill me with laugh grin grin
Re: Is God The Enemy Of Logic by shdemidemi(m): 11:36pm On Jul 23, 2014
frosbel:

cool
I made my statement because you tried projecting God as one who need to reason with us today..

It's like me calling my little child to reason about the room he will stay when he gets to university.. I am sure the child will look at me twice and wonder if daddy is still ok.

(1) (2) (Reply)

South African Preacher Gets Congregation To Drink PETROL / United State Of America To Have The First Sharia Court In Texas / How TB Joshua And Pastor Chris Use Charms To Perform Miracles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.