Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,143 members, 7,815,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

Doctor Removes Ovaries Of Teenager During Appendix Surgery In Benue - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor Removes Ovaries Of Teenager During Appendix Surgery In Benue (42905 Views)

2 Teenage Girls Sell Their Ovaries, Eggs, Organs For ₦‎100,000 Each In Ogun / Doctor Removes Huge Fibroids, Warns Nigerian Women. Graphic Photos / Muslim Lady Who Performed Surgery In Hijab Speaks After Succesful Operation.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doctor Removes Ovaries Of Teenager During Appendix Surgery In Benue by Niece: 9:46pm On Feb 03, 2022
A doctor in Benue state has been accused of removing the ovaries of an 18-year-old girl, Dooyum Lanna, during an operation to remove her appendix.

SaharaReporters reports that Dooyum who first had her menstruation at the age of 14, started experiencing abdominal pain each time her period came by the time she was 16 in May 2019.

Worried about the situation, her father, 72-year-old Kparevfa Lanna, took her to an acclaimed medical doctor named Agber Kwende in the Gaav Konshisha Local Government Area of Benue State, for immediate treatment.

Sadly, the events that soon followed compounded their misery as the doctor allegedly removed the girl's ovaries and damaged other vital organs in her reproductive system, leaving her with a bigger crisis to deal with after that period.

More than two years after that terrible experience, Dooyum , who is a Senior Secondary School 1 pupil of Rose Asase College, Gboko East, Benue State, has been experiencing the absence of menstruation and constantly falling ill. Recent diagnosis and scans revealed that her fallopian tube was already shrinking, an indication that she may never be able to conceive.

"I feel sick all the time. Apart from headache, I still experience abdominal pain.

My education has been affected also. I feel sad all the time. I cannot have kids in the future, so what is my essence in life. I feel like ending it," she said.

Narrating how the situation has affected the entire family, her father, a farmer, said that he had spent over N100,000 trying to get a solution for his daughter's health condition without luck. According to him, efforts to get justice for his child and have the quack doctor punished for his negligence have been frustrated by the police, who granted him bail and have been siding with him, allegedly.

"All the time we have gone back to the quack doctor to complain of the damage he had done, he chased us away. We have been to more than four hospitals looking for solution and they keep telling us that her ovaries had been removed. After we reported the matter to the police, the doctor was briefly arrested but released the following day.

Since that period, the police have not been clear on the way forward. We want justice for our daughter. Her future has been affected, she must be compensated for what the man did to her" he said

When contacted, the doctor, Kwende, refused to comment on the issue.

Though a formal complaint was lodged at the Gboko Central Police Station, the state command had yet to initiate an investigation into the issue.

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2022/2/doctor-allegedly-removes-ovaries-of-teenager-during-appendix-surgery-in-benue-2.html

1 Like

Re: Doctor Removes Ovaries Of Teenager During Appendix Surgery In Benue by Sekoni003(m): 9:49pm On Feb 03, 2022
May God punish that quack. What did this girl do to deserve this? sad

115 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Doctor Removes Ovaries Of Teenager During Appendix Surgery In Benue by Cantonese: 9:53pm On Feb 03, 2022
Was that a fake doctor? Many of them prowl around everywhere. Someone has to take up this case and follow it up to the logical conclusion.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctor Removes Ovaries Of Teenager During Appendix Surgery In Benue by Nobody: 9:58pm On Feb 03, 2022
Internet generation doctors. Avoid any doctor less than 50yrs of age they belong to the internet generation.So sad

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Doctor Removes Ovaries Of Teenager During Appendix Surgery In Benue by Kingpin1000: 9:59pm On Feb 03, 2022
How can that man be a Doctor na.
Nairaland resident Doctors should appeal for them to release that man so you can beat him and the person that called him a Doctor and then return him to face the law. See insult wey this man dey give Doctors, Doctor wey hard to be. Doctor wey I been want be when I small but them no gree make I study am.
How this man take convince people say him be doctor sef.

18 Likes

Re: Doctor Removes Ovaries Of Teenager During Appendix Surgery In Benue by thesicilian: 10:00pm On Feb 03, 2022
Dr. Agbero

6 Likes

Re: Doctor Removes Ovaries Of Teenager During Appendix Surgery In Benue by MufasaLion: 10:01pm On Feb 03, 2022
grin grin grin

In a country that's on autopilot, anything can happen.

6 Likes

Re: Doctor Removes Ovaries Of Teenager During Appendix Surgery In Benue by thesicilian: 10:03pm On Feb 03, 2022
Iyaebe:
Internet generation doctors. Avoid any doctor less than 50yrs of age they belong to the internet generation.So sad
You don't even know the age of the so called doctor in question. Second age has nothing to do with competence

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Doctor Removes Ovaries Of Teenager During Appendix Surgery In Benue by Nobody: 10:08pm On Feb 03, 2022
thesicilian:

You don't even know the age of the so called doctor in question. Second age has nothing to do with competence
In medics experience plays a vital role and it matters a lot.I maintain what I wrote.

41 Likes

Re: Doctor Removes Ovaries Of Teenager During Appendix Surgery In Benue by Bewiseedet(m): 10:10pm On Feb 03, 2022
Wahala no dey finish oo
Re: Doctor Removes Ovaries Of Teenager During Appendix Surgery In Benue by thesicilian: 10:11pm On Feb 03, 2022
Iyaebe:
In medics experience plays a vital role and it matters a lot.I maintain what I wrote.
Ok

2 Likes

Re: Doctor Removes Ovaries Of Teenager During Appendix Surgery In Benue by Nobody: 10:14pm On Feb 03, 2022
thesicilian:
Ok
OK too,and in case you want to fight I'm ready.Just so you know

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Doctor Removes Ovaries Of Teenager During Appendix Surgery In Benue by thesicilian: 5:40am On Feb 04, 2022
Iyaebe:
OK too,and in case you want to fight I'm ready.Just so you know
To what end?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctor Removes Ovaries Of Teenager During Appendix Surgery In Benue by mbahdi(m): 8:48am On Feb 04, 2022
Is the man in the picture the said doctor or a native doctor?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctor Removes Ovaries Of Teenager During Appendix Surgery In Benue by steveneche(m): 8:49am On Feb 04, 2022
Re: Doctor Removes Ovaries Of Teenager During Appendix Surgery In Benue by christejames(m): 8:49am On Feb 04, 2022
Some of these so called doctors operate like carpenters, always cutting to join.

Sometimes you begin to wonder what the regulatory body (MDCN) do to checkmate and assess the intellectual capacity of these medics, once they grant them their license, they forget about them which is not suppose to be so.

Sometimes I begin to align with BMC and Tinubu urchins on why their principles will never take panadol produced in Nigeria talk more of having a bed rest here.
Re: Doctor Removes Ovaries Of Teenager During Appendix Surgery In Benue by Father4all: 8:49am On Feb 04, 2022
Most Nigeria doctors are useless. No apology

2 Likes

Re: Doctor Removes Ovaries Of Teenager During Appendix Surgery In Benue by obi4eze(m): 8:49am On Feb 04, 2022
Can you imagine?
Re: Doctor Removes Ovaries Of Teenager During Appendix Surgery In Benue by omoadeleye(m): 8:50am On Feb 04, 2022
Ah
Re: Doctor Removes Ovaries Of Teenager During Appendix Surgery In Benue by gambia(m): 8:50am On Feb 04, 2022
The man should be castrated.
Re: Doctor Removes Ovaries Of Teenager During Appendix Surgery In Benue by Kingchukzzy: 8:50am On Feb 04, 2022
That's why our politicians fly abroad for ordinary headache.

2 Likes

Re: Doctor Removes Ovaries Of Teenager During Appendix Surgery In Benue by Jerryherd: 8:51am On Feb 04, 2022
Too many quack doctors in Northern Nigeria
Re: Doctor Removes Ovaries Of Teenager During Appendix Surgery In Benue by emmabest2000(m): 8:51am On Feb 04, 2022
End time dokita

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Doctor Removes Ovaries Of Teenager During Appendix Surgery In Benue by sotall(m): 8:51am On Feb 04, 2022
grin grin

Give him an award
Re: Doctor Removes Ovaries Of Teenager During Appendix Surgery In Benue by Mutuwa(m): 8:51am On Feb 04, 2022
Involve the Ministry of Justice if the Police are not willing to arraign the pseudo doctor. Let the MOJ takeover the matter. If he compels the Police they may likely bring him on a dysfunctional charge just to show that they have charged him. Nigeria Police are more crooked and twisted beyond horizon of thought.

4 Likes

Re: Doctor Removes Ovaries Of Teenager During Appendix Surgery In Benue by perdollar(m): 8:51am On Feb 04, 2022
Not every doctor is a surgeon. Not every doctor is a doctor.

7 Likes

Re: Doctor Removes Ovaries Of Teenager During Appendix Surgery In Benue by omoadeleye(m): 8:51am On Feb 04, 2022
Heartbreak

1 Like

Re: Doctor Removes Ovaries Of Teenager During Appendix Surgery In Benue by 900warriorz: 8:52am On Feb 04, 2022
Them suppose chop off the doctor Ntanta

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Monkeypox Outbreak Explodes Across Europe ( Pics) / Doctor Noah Kekere Harvested Patient's Kidney - PIDOMNIGERIA / 6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.