Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Onyeka Onwenu Recounts The Difficulties Faced In Her Marriage - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Onyeka Onwenu Recounts The Difficulties Faced In Her Marriage (18087 Views)

Onyeka Onwenu Celebrates Her 69th Birthday (throwback & Recent Photos) / Onyeka Onwenu: Why I Rejected Fela’s Marriage Proposal / Sleeping With Men For Money: Blessing Okoro Recounts The Day She Went For Runs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Onyeka Onwenu Recounts The Difficulties Faced In Her Marriage by LetDemKnow(m): 8:29pm On Feb 04, 2022

Nigerian veteran singer Onyeka Onwenu has opened up about the difficulties she faced in her failed marriage.

The music star made this known during a chat with Kikilomo Atanda-Owo on her show “Real Talk with Kike.”

She hammered on how much she tried to make her marriage work until she could no longer manage the situation.

““I went through it. It was difficult because I really didn’t want my marriage to end but I could not take it anymore. It would have killed me. I always say and that is the truth,” she said.

She also revealed that she singlehandedly raised her children from nursery school till they bagged their masters degree.

“And it was not good for the children to live in that kind of environment where the mother is depressed, the mother is carrying the weight of the whole family. I raised my children from kindergarten to Masters Degree,” she added.

Onwenu is a Nigerian singer/songwriter, actress, human rights activist, social activist, journalist and politician.

She recently released her book ‘My Father’s Daughter‘ which highlights her successful music career.

SOURCE - https://mediarants.com/onyeka-onwenu-recounts-the-difficulties-faced-in-her-marriage/

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Recounts The Difficulties Faced In Her Marriage by Posaqato: 8:32pm On Feb 04, 2022
Chai, Onyeka Onwenu don old o. I remember the days of "One love keep is together..."

33 Likes

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Recounts The Difficulties Faced In Her Marriage by judedwriter(m): 10:18am On Feb 05, 2022
Hmmm.....

She's one of the most exceptionally gifted female singers I have heard in Nigeria.

Funmi Adams also comes in mind.

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Recounts The Difficulties Faced In Her Marriage by Nobody: 3:28pm On Feb 05, 2022
My role model in music. I sing like her. I just loved her from my childhood days when my dad used to blast her songs every weekend.

"Morning light"
Ekwe.. and hallelujah chimle. I still listen to them till date.

I also love the song she did with Sunny Ade. "Wait for me".

My dad's favorite songster those days.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Recounts The Difficulties Faced In Her Marriage by seanwilliam(m): 3:29pm On Feb 05, 2022
Tor.. so wetin make we do ?

Make we divorce or endure??

Buying all gift cards and funds @ your own rate .. tested and trusted

2 Likes

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Recounts The Difficulties Faced In Her Marriage by fredoooooo: 3:29pm On Feb 05, 2022
Mama , na everyone get marriage wahala .. just thank God for ya life

7 Likes

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Recounts The Difficulties Faced In Her Marriage by pretydiva(f): 3:29pm On Feb 05, 2022
Good for you. What ever rocks your boat ma'am

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Recounts The Difficulties Faced In Her Marriage by Fiscus105(m): 3:29pm On Feb 05, 2022
Madam did you really go for good man when you are looking for husband or hypergamy dictated ur choice of husband to be? just like today's accidiential celebrities, big brother naija ladies and DJ Cuppy alikes?

5 Likes

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Recounts The Difficulties Faced In Her Marriage by HayB100(m): 3:30pm On Feb 05, 2022
Most marriages nah hell cry

2 Likes

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Recounts The Difficulties Faced In Her Marriage by Cmanforall: 3:30pm On Feb 05, 2022
Okay...
Since she wants to make everything open to public...

What are the wrongs the husband did?

4 Likes

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Recounts The Difficulties Faced In Her Marriage by glosplendid(f): 3:30pm On Feb 05, 2022
Ageless beauty

6 Likes

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Recounts The Difficulties Faced In Her Marriage by Nobody: 3:30pm On Feb 05, 2022
Let's hear the man's part of the story..... please take note of the "she feels" in the attached picture... even if she does not carry out the action, the feeling is always there and most times the man feels that feeling she feels. The feeling of "worthlessness"... peace.

15 Likes

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Recounts The Difficulties Faced In Her Marriage by JooEeL(m): 3:30pm On Feb 05, 2022
This woman seriously fine when she young enh...

But with that her song "One love", she dey use style dey dey for One Nigeria.

Iya yi... better find Biafra levels.

There is nothing like One Nigeria in Nigerian settings o. ... ki olori di ori e mu. cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Recounts The Difficulties Faced In Her Marriage by atdscentofwater: 3:30pm On Feb 05, 2022
ever beautiful
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Recounts The Difficulties Faced In Her Marriage by dialfa: 3:30pm On Feb 05, 2022
That's what you get from marrying Afonja.

7 Likes

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Recounts The Difficulties Faced In Her Marriage by b3llo(m): 3:30pm On Feb 05, 2022
Madam u and Oga didn't want the marriage to continue that's why it failed.

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Recounts The Difficulties Faced In Her Marriage by PheelzAlmighty: 3:30pm On Feb 05, 2022
Marriage is not for everyone..

Know this and know peace

5 Likes

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Recounts The Difficulties Faced In Her Marriage by Lanre4uonly(m): 3:31pm On Feb 05, 2022
It is well.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Recounts The Difficulties Faced In Her Marriage by AbuAeesha: 3:31pm On Feb 05, 2022
sometimes you just have to let go things u cared about else they might eat you up.

4 Likes

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Recounts The Difficulties Faced In Her Marriage by DamnnNiggarr: 3:31pm On Feb 05, 2022
shocked

She thought she can have a successful marriage with a Y-demon grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Recounts The Difficulties Faced In Her Marriage by Peace081: 3:31pm On Feb 05, 2022
I so much love this woman
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Recounts The Difficulties Faced In Her Marriage by Godjone(m): 3:31pm On Feb 05, 2022
It is well.
The husband must be a wicked,useless, heartless and ruthless man. Ever since she spoke about him, the ejiot has not come out to debunk nor deny the accusations that means the ejiot is as guilty as charged.

She used same scenario to act a sorrowful movie. Who have watched that movie? Idomie generation clear road

2 Likes

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Recounts The Difficulties Faced In Her Marriage by Nobody: 3:31pm On Feb 05, 2022
seanwilliam:
Tor.. so wetin make we do ?

Make we divorce or endure??

[/b]

Do whatever suits you. She did what suited her.

6 Likes

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Recounts The Difficulties Faced In Her Marriage by courage9(m): 3:31pm On Feb 05, 2022
Exceptionally evergreen
Rare bred

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Recounts The Difficulties Faced In Her Marriage by Afrogist247(m): 3:32pm On Feb 05, 2022
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Recounts The Difficulties Faced In Her Marriage by Eriokanmi: 3:32pm On Feb 05, 2022
Divorce isn't always a good option, especially when life isnt threatened. When we hear the emotional stories of women like her as touching divorce, its also good to hear the husband's side too. Onyeka was always mingling with the big and mighty in her hay days, including IBB. She didn't need to secure any appointment to see them, as popular as she was back then. She was always the talk of the town. Something must have prompted the husband's decision on her marriage.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Recounts The Difficulties Faced In Her Marriage by 900warriorz: 3:32pm On Feb 05, 2022
Iyokoko Iyokoko iyokoko grin

Mummy waa, na legend you be....God bless you
kiss

2 Likes

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Recounts The Difficulties Faced In Her Marriage by Nobody: 3:32pm On Feb 05, 2022
judedwriter:
Hmmm.....

She's one of the most exceptionally gifted female singers I have heard in Nigeria.

Funmi Adams also comes in mind.

Anyone know where Funmi Adams is nowadays?
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Recounts The Difficulties Faced In Her Marriage by Klass99(f): 3:33pm On Feb 05, 2022

10 Likes

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Recounts The Difficulties Faced In Her Marriage by Fiscus105(m): 3:33pm On Feb 05, 2022
PheelzAlmighty:
Marriage is not for everyone..

Know this and know peace

Couples should adjust their characters to accommodate partner in marriage , know this and enjoy ur marriage fully.

3 Likes

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Recounts The Difficulties Faced In Her Marriage by Nobody: 3:33pm On Feb 05, 2022
LetDemKnow:

Nigerian veteran singer Onyeka Onwenu has opened up about the difficulties she faced in her failed marriage.

The music star made this known during a chat with Kikilomo Atanda-Owo on her show “Real Talk with Kike.”

She hammered on how much she tried to make her marriage work until she could no longer manage the situation.

““I went through it. It was difficult because I really didn’t want my marriage to end but I could not take it anymore. It would have killed me. I always say and that is the truth,” she said.

She also revealed that she singlehandedly raised her children from nursery school till they bagged their masters degree.

“And it was not good for the children to live in that kind of environment where the mother is depressed, the mother is carrying the weight of the whole family. I raised my children from kindergarten to Masters Degree,” she added.

Onwenu is a Nigerian singer/songwriter, actress, human rights activist, social activist, journalist and politician.

She recently released her book ‘My Father’s Daughter‘ which highlights her successful music career.

SOURCE - https://mediarants.com/onyeka-onwenu-recounts-the-difficulties-faced-in-her-marriage/

Cc Amazingbaby

Marriage is not a do or die affair. If it’s hurting you, depression will set in and your children will be the ones to suffer.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures From Yvonne Nelson's Wedding With Banky W / Sunshinegzuz Gifts Mum Car On Christmas Day / Joseph Benjamin Was Once A Bus Conductor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.