Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,928 members, 7,835,101 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

How Can I Get Off This Bondage? Please Help - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Get Off This Bondage? Please Help (2108 Views)

A Man That His Wife Single Handedly Sponsored Their Marriage Is In Bondage / Free Yourself From Spiritual Bondage & Grow Ur Finances / 'TUMISILE' The Newest Anti Bondage Mystic Soap Frees U Frm Spiritual Captivity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Get Off This Bondage? Please Help by Nobody: 8:30am On Feb 05, 2022
I am hopeful someone will give me a listening ear, preferably a therapist, psychologist, wellness expert or a spirit filled counsellor and Pastor. I am at a crossroad and rock bottom due to my errors, indiscretion and bad judgement over the years and truth is i have mismanaged my potentials and goodwill.

I have to admit that i am on a steepy, downward slope and i am tired already. I don't want to self-destruct from my past, which was characterized by drinking, smoking different variants of high grade weed, such as loud, colorado and arizona: though at first it appeared i have the capacity and mental strength to handle the intake, so long it is not ciggarette, but what i did not know is that i was getting derailed despite the fact that i bagged a good degree from a reputable instituition.

That kind of lifestyle only endeared me to unscrupulous elements like internet fraudsters, cultists and people with all sorts of vices. I am tired and overwhelmed because i realized the road leads nowhere.

I am getting depressed by the day, losing my steam and scared of what tomorrow holds. I have no job despite bagging a professional degree and certification and no one to come to my succour for more than a decade after graduation.

I have been sober from drinking and smoking substance since the beginning of the year and i feel some relief in my body system and gaining my sanity.

I am very vulnerable now that i don't have a job , a trade or anything doing and in fact i have no one to confide in. I am scared of returning to a lifestyle that might finally ruin me.

I need a lifeline good people. 2ndchancey@gmail.com

MODIFIED:
I am now having a serious meltdown and i am just a walking dead. My rent expires on february 12, and i have no means to repay or get a new place. I am perplexed, overwhelmed and seriously thinking of ending it all since no help is forthcoming. Too many worries and troubles to live it.

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Get Off This Bondage? Please Help by Hezzyluv: 8:31am On Feb 05, 2022
Hmm..
Re: How Can I Get Off This Bondage? Please Help by Acidosis(m): 9:29am On Feb 05, 2022
Have you considered joining a church in your neighborhood? Not just any church but one that's filled with sound minds and people of your age group. It's a good way to socialize with decent people, make purpose-driven friends, and refocus your life. You can also equip yourself with quality resources online (e.g. YouTube) as you search for job opportunities. You have to be intentional about this.

Psychologists, therapists, and the rest may be able help you but their services are not cheap. So search for government-funded hospitals/consultants around you and ask for an appointment.

It's a good thing you've realized your mistakes. I rejoice with you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Get Off This Bondage? Please Help by Nobody: 11:00am On Feb 05, 2022
Hezzyluv:
Hmm..
I have been sighing too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Get Off This Bondage? Please Help by Nobody: 11:10am On Feb 05, 2022
Acidosis:
Have you considered joining a church in your neighborhood? Not just any church but one that's filled with sound minds and people of your age group. It's a good way to socialize with decent people, make purpose-driven friends, and refocus your life. You can also equip yourself with quality resources online (e.g. YouTube) as you search for job opportunities. You have to be intentional about this.

Psychologists, therapists, and the rest may be able help you but their services are not cheap. So search for government-funded hospitals/consultants around you and ask for an appointment.

It's a good thing you've realize your mistakes. I rejoice with you.

Noted sir.
I want to be quite private about things. Most people will judge me unfairly because they might not understand my plight since they are not in my shoes and i would not want to be misjudged especially in the neigborhood, and that is why i am cautious enough and reluctant to confide in people around me.

It could boomerang.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can I Get Off This Bondage? Please Help by ibechris(m): 11:23am On Feb 05, 2022
The first thing to do is to prepare to leave your environment. Even if anyone prays for u and things kind of change for you,the environmental effect would still remain.

As a graduate,u need to always be on the move,although some would say, i really do not know anyone in Abuja or Lagos and even Port Harcourt. The thing is,as a graduate u need to go through life strong and ambitious. Why then did u find it easy to get enrolled for national service and yet u came out strong and better as a person.
Life is not always rosy that I can say with every assurance.

I remembered,when I ask my younger brother to change his environment,his reply was that,there is no place like Lagos in Nigeria and I then told him first, prepare to visit me at least and see for yourself.

When he came down,he refused to go back to Lagos and today,he got a job and married and has started his own family today. His snag was glorifying an environment that is choked and has inconvenienced many destinies.
Pls,now that u have rediscovered yourself and now on the path to full recovery,pls listen to your inner self and do not forget to remake your future. It is not late but take that bold step and see how things would turn around.

Good luck to u.

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Get Off This Bondage? Please Help by Nobody: 12:00pm On Feb 05, 2022
ibechris:
The first thing to do is to prepare to leave your environment. Even if anyone prays for u and things kind of change for you,the environmental effect would still remain.

As a graduate,u need to always be on the move,although some would say, i really do not know anyone in Abuja or Lagos and even Port Harcourt. The thing is,as a graduate u need to go through life strong and ambitious. Why then did u find it easy to get enrolled for national service and yet u came out strong and better as a person.
Life is not always rosy that I can say with every assurance.

I remembered,when I ask my younger brother to change his environment,his reply was that,there is no place like Lagos in Nigeria and I then told him first, prepare to visit me at least and see for yourself.

When he came down,he refused to go back to Lagos and today,he got a job and married and has started his own family today. His snag was glorifying an environment that is choked and has inconvenienced many destinies.
Pls,now that u have rediscovered yourself and now on the path to full recovery,pls listen to your inner self and do not forget to remake your future. It is not late but take that bold step and see how things would turn around.

Good luck to u.

I am very grateful for your input sir, and as desirable as the advice of changing environment is,there are few snags here and there that made it hard at this moment.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Off This Bondage? Please Help by Nobody: 1:11pm On Feb 05, 2022
sad

I might not be so coherent here or be able to put many words or details on this platform but i am hapless young man, who is the subject between light and darkness.

I need advice, help, prayers, support, lifeline from this hopelessness and quagmire.
Re: How Can I Get Off This Bondage? Please Help by GboyegaD(m): 3:33pm On Feb 05, 2022
INTENTLYINTENSE:

I am very grateful for your input sir, and as desirable as the advice of changing environment is,there are few snags here and there that made it hard at this moment.

Thanks

You need to learn to stop making excuses and think about how to make possibilities from seemingly impossible situations.

I'm addition, if possible relocate out of the country through studies. USA has much institute with good funding capacities. You may need rely on your family for the funds needed to go through the processing.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Off This Bondage? Please Help by Nobody: 4:24pm On Feb 05, 2022
GboyegaD:

You need to learn to stop making excuses and think about how to make possibilities from seemingly impossible situations.

I'm addition, if possible relocate out of the country through studies. USA has much institute with good funding capacities. You may need rely on your family for the funds needed to go through the processing.

True , there should not be room for excuses at all and i have been tenacious but on wrong path especially the last 2 years. I am ready to take a huge leap of faith and thrust everything on God but i have almost expended all my energy on things,people and places that didn't serve me right and i figure i can't do it on my own human or personal efforts.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Off This Bondage? Please Help by GboyegaD(m): 4:27pm On Feb 05, 2022
INTENTLYINTENSE:

True , there should not be room for excuses at all and i have been tenacious but on wrong path especially the last 2 years. I am ready to take a huge leap of faith and thrust everything on God but i have almost expended all my energy on things,people and places that didn't serve me right and i figure i can't do it on my own human or personal efforts.

Just relax, breathe, and be ready assured there's light at the end of the tunnel. Learn to live each day at a time so that you don't get overwhelmed. Life in itself is a struggle so strive to do your best each day so that at night, you can sleep well knowing you've done your best.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Get Off This Bondage? Please Help by Nobody: 5:01pm On Feb 05, 2022
GboyegaD:

Just relax, breathe, and be ready assured there's light at the end of the tunnel. Learn to live each day at a time so that you don't get overwhelmed. Life in itself is a struggle so strive to do your best each day so that at night, you can sleep well knowing you've done your best.

Many thanks.
Re: How Can I Get Off This Bondage? Please Help by Carlyboi(m): 5:59pm On Feb 05, 2022
Your story is touchy and some times life deals a heavy blow, sometimes are situations or predicament can be self-inflicted the country isn’t helping matters Nigeria for a lot of people is like in a state of war where every citizen on a daily fight there battles whether mini or maxi but the truth is almost everyone is contending with different forces.

Some can be psychological/mental,could be in the physical form/health challenges for some it’s negative spiritual forces and energy especially if the person’s family/lineage or ancestry is a troubled one with loads of dark clouds and lastly for loads of people in the country it’s economic/financial forces feeding and making ends meet, clothing and shelter,getting a gainful employment or steady source of income is the forces they’re battling with and it can be academic/educational could be professional or occupational people situations and stories differ and it’s to each his own.

You seem at a crossroad and and you’re at a high risk of relapsing and going back to those bad habits and the dark past for that not to happen you need to fight and you need self-motivate and constantly visualize a great future for yourself that’s what should you keep you fighting whenever negative thoughts creep in,having a tunnel vision on making your life a success would go a long way and looking at the bigger picture would help you to persevere.

These are my suggestions

1.Find a spiritual guide,someone who you trust in their ability to inquire into your life happenings and circumstances...I mean a wholesome searchlight needs to beam into your life...from there you’d know if the forces are spiritual or not and from there you’d know the next and needed steps to take.

2.You need to be productive and engaged and also have a source of income whatever legal and legitimate job you can find right now kindly occupy yourself in the meantime.

3.Have a plan,dreams,vision and goals and focus on them and decide on an occupation or profession i believe your spiritual guide can also help you on this...if there’s a need to change your environment then you should do that.

Stay strong and positive bro!it can only get better and you would surely have a song of Victory
Re: How Can I Get Off This Bondage? Please Help by Nobody: 8:13pm On Feb 05, 2022
Many Thanks ^^^
Re: How Can I Get Off This Bondage? Please Help by flokii: 8:24pm On Feb 05, 2022
@OP You still have a chance and I see you excelling in whatever you choose to do. Admitting that there is a problem is the first step to solving the problem.

With your qualification and professional certificate, develop a page resume and submit application to companies and private schools for teaching jobs, it's temporal just to keep mind and body together. If you're buoyant enough, you can change location and start life in a new environment. From there you'd pick up, settle down and move on with life.

Substance abuse is a silent killer and people need to raise awareness for it to stop.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Get Off This Bondage? Please Help by Nobody: 9:18pm On Feb 05, 2022
flokii:
@OP You still have a chance and I see you excelling in whatever you choose to do. Admitting that there is a problem is the first step to solving the problem.

With your qualification and professional certificate, develop a page resume and submit application to companies and private schools for teaching jobs, it's temporal just to keep mind and body together. If you're buoyant enough, you can change location and start life in a new environment. From there you'd pick up, settle down and move on with life.

Substance abuse is a silent killer and people need to raise awareness for it to stop.

Noted. Thank you sir
Re: How Can I Get Off This Bondage? Please Help by Carlyboi(m): 9:44pm On Feb 05, 2022
INTENTLYINTENSE:
Many Thanks ^^^

I can see you’re trying to reach me via mail check my profile you’d see a contact there you can chat me up on WhatsApp.
Re: How Can I Get Off This Bondage? Please Help by Nobody: 9:57pm On Feb 05, 2022
Carlyboi:

I can see you’re trying to reach me via mail check my profile you’d see a contact there you can chat me up on WhatsApp.

i didn't see any contact and i use Symbian phone. Nokia C5, to be precise; apparently can't use whatsapp at the moment. The email would do, maybe i could drop my # on there.
Re: How Can I Get Off This Bondage? Please Help by Carlyboi(m): 10:08pm On Feb 05, 2022
INTENTLYINTENSE:

i didn't see any contact and i use Symbian phone. Nokia C5, to be precise; apparently can't use whatsapp at the moment. The email would do, maybe i could drop my # on there.

Ok you can leave your number I’m gonna call you during the week.
Re: How Can I Get Off This Bondage? Please Help by Thebig4: 10:11pm On Feb 05, 2022
Follow this channel on YouTube , the answers to your questions and solutions to your worries you will find them there. Do not give up yet.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb7RX0-go8bItHpySbJSVAQ
Re: How Can I Get Off This Bondage? Please Help by Nobody: 10:14pm On Feb 05, 2022
Carlyboi:

Ok you can leave your number I’m gonna call you during the week.

ok
Re: How Can I Get Off This Bondage? Please Help by Carlyboi(m): 10:17pm On Feb 05, 2022
INTENTLYINTENSE:

I will soon edit. Let me know so i can modify.

Seen!

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Off This Bondage? Please Help by Nobody: 10:18pm On Feb 05, 2022
Thebig4:
Follow this channel on YouTube , the answers to your questions and solutions to your worries you will find them there. Do not give up yet.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb7RX0-go8bItHpySbJSVAQ

What is it about pls? I can't view from here.
Re: How Can I Get Off This Bondage? Please Help by Thebig4: 10:30pm On Feb 05, 2022
Click the link the answers you seek you shall find and follow the teachings.
INTENTLYINTENSE:

What is it about pls? I can't view from here.
Re: How Can I Get Off This Bondage? Please Help by Nobody: 10:38pm On Feb 05, 2022
Thebig4:
Click the link the answers you seek you shall find and follow the teachings.

THE GREATEST ADVICE EVER TOLD.

I will wait to access the clip on pc in the week. Like i said i am using a Symbian phone,a NOKIA C5.
Thank you.
Re: How Can I Get Off This Bondage? Please Help by Nobody: 5:23am On Feb 06, 2022
Sometimes i go cold turkey and have some cravings and i only shower and sleep. Like i said i don't want to live an idle life and that is why i am seeking for guidance,advice, admonition ,support and a JOB, if there is any opening whatsoever.

I want to be productive and reintegrate myself into a functional society. I don't want to end up in this quicksand that has buried so many dreams and has misdirected several others into perdition.

Please, save a soul !!!

2ndchancey@gmail.com
Re: How Can I Get Off This Bondage? Please Help by onez: 6:28am On Feb 06, 2022
Are u married. If not, stop any immorality just as you stopped drugs. Favour will surely locate you. Fornication has a way of blocking progress.
Re: How Can I Get Off This Bondage? Please Help by Nobody: 7:36am On Feb 06, 2022
onez:
Are u married. If not, stop any immorality just as you stopped drugs. Favour will surely locate you. Fornication has a way of blocking progress.

Not married Sir
Re: How Can I Get Off This Bondage? Please Help by Nobody: 1:20pm On Feb 06, 2022
I am open to ideas, suggestions, prayers, advice, and support to spur me away from this dark cloud and perdition into a worthy lifestyle.

Like i said i have realized i am in bondage and shackles and i can't help myself. I am not a violent person but smoking of substance has eaten through the fabric of my living, sometimes i forget things i ordinarily should remember,

i don't know how much damage i have done to myself in the past but i am ready to embrace absolute rehabilitation and getting back on my feet so that my prospects and lifelong dreams will not be totally diminished.

I am fed up.
Re: How Can I Get Off This Bondage? Please Help by Truvelisback(m): 3:41pm On Feb 06, 2022

Re: How Can I Get Off This Bondage? Please Help by MyExpression(m): 4:21pm On Feb 06, 2022
INTENTLYINTENSE:
I am open to ideas, suggestions, prayers, advice, and support to spur me away from this dark cloud and perdition into a worthy lifestyle.

Like i said i have realized i am in bondage and shackles and i can't help myself. I am not a violent person but smoking of substance has eaten through the fabric of my living, sometimes i forget things i ordinarily should remember,

i don't know how much damage i have done to myself in the past but i am ready to embrace absolute rehabilitation and getting back on my feet so that my prospects and lifelong dreams will not be totally diminished.

I am fed up.

Baba, you're just starting but it's a good step.
Stay clean for full one month...and continue staying.
Let your reason for quitting keep spurring you on.

Wake up with a written plan of things to accomplish dat day.
Continue consistently.
With time, your productivity will increase to accommodate broader activities.

You might wanna change environment so as to start afresh...or start small.

I wish you godspeed.
Re: How Can I Get Off This Bondage? Please Help by Nobody: 8:52am On Feb 07, 2022
Thanks .

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Guy Cheated On Me / For The Married Women ONLY / Did Your Parents Beat Or Flog You While Growing Up?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.