Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,035 members, 7,821,576 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Some Nigerians Should Know Possession Of Latest Cars And Phones Is Not A Goal - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Some Nigerians Should Know Possession Of Latest Cars And Phones Is Not A Goal (646 Views)

Man Arrested For Being In Possession Of Fake Naira Notes / Nigerian Air Force Releases Footage Of Latest Airstrike In Zamfara / 3 Islamic Clerics Arrested For Possession Of Human Parts In Ogun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Nigerians Should Know Possession Of Latest Cars And Phones Is Not A Goal by Brownie333(m): 10:10am On Feb 05, 2022
You see, you need to go to some certain places in life to see how useless those things you feel you need to sacrifice a whole human being to possess.
I guess in one way or the other you must have heard about a man who bought 7 latest iPhones for his DOG. Sure, most people called him an unreasonable man, some even tagged him “foolish” especially the poor and wretched ones. But the truth is; “he’s an eye opener” to things many have been really blind to.
He wasn’t a fool neither was he out of his mind, he was only showing you how valueless some things we find luxurious here in Nigeria really are in some certain part of the world.
Well, I’m not surprised since Nigeria is one of the countries that 24hrs electricity is a luxury lol, what poorest of the poor folks get in European countries.
So why won’t you see possession of latest phones and cars as an achievement or a goal while folks in developed countries only see
them as things to make life a bit easier for them?

©️ Emeka Paul Ogboriga (Brownie)

2 Likes

Re: Some Nigerians Should Know Possession Of Latest Cars And Phones Is Not A Goal by yuping(m): 10:35am On Feb 05, 2022
lipsrsealed if a man can prioritize is need from is want is life would be smooth and he will enjoy it.

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerians Should Know Possession Of Latest Cars And Phones Is Not A Goal by elrufiason: 10:44am On Feb 05, 2022
True.
I know of a guy that schools at Delta State, using iPhone 12, but his family is owing rent, his parents have been issued a quit notice for rent of 450k annually.

Some people are so stupid.

3 Likes

Re: Some Nigerians Should Know Possession Of Latest Cars And Phones Is Not A Goal by Aidejay(m): 11:07am On Feb 05, 2022
Nigerians and their fake elitism. Toilet Elites.

Na only Nigerians go dey form luxury, exclusive, high brow, classy, elite, exquisite on normal things. In a country where poverty is in climax.

5 Likes

Re: Some Nigerians Should Know Possession Of Latest Cars And Phones Is Not A Goal by Brownie333(m): 11:10am On Feb 05, 2022
yuping:
lipsrsealed if a man can prioritize is need from is want is life would be smooth and he will enjoy it.

No lies bro. But many can’t even differentiate between their needs and wants

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerians Should Know Possession Of Latest Cars And Phones Is Not A Goal by Brownie333(m): 11:14am On Feb 05, 2022
elrufiason:
True.
I know of a guy that schools at Delta State, using iPhone 12, but his family is owing rent, his parents have been issued a quit notice for rent of 450k annually.

Some people are so stupid.

This is happening everyday bro... I used to tell people that “poverty is a state of mind”... some poor men had actually hit huge amount of money before with their poor mentality they got it lavished

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerians Should Know Possession Of Latest Cars And Phones Is Not A Goal by Righteousness2(m): 11:39am On Feb 05, 2022
Not just latest cars and all that. Everything we see and own here is Vanity and does not really matter.

No Matter your possession, No Matter your accomplishments or riches, you are taking nothing out of here.

So handle these things with very Light Hands so they don't confuse and make u lose focus on what is Important. The Salvation of your soul through JESUS Christ is what is Important.

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerians Should Know Possession Of Latest Cars And Phones Is Not A Goal by heartbeat84: 6:21pm On Feb 05, 2022
i wish all ladies would hear and listen to this
Re: Some Nigerians Should Know Possession Of Latest Cars And Phones Is Not A Goal by BigYash: 6:25pm On Feb 05, 2022
heartbeat84:
i wish all ladies would hear and listen to this
Not just ladies alone.. Guys are even worst these days.. They will tell you " no be person wan tell me ,how I go take spend my money"

After sometime, you see them back to square one. Begging and calling people enemies...(Those that refused giving them money or assistance)
Re: Some Nigerians Should Know Possession Of Latest Cars And Phones Is Not A Goal by mccloud224(m): 9:50pm On Feb 05, 2022
All these holier than thou posters sef...if latest cars and luxuries of life isn't the goal then what is? You didn't state that but delved into 12 Iphones a dog has. Let me break it down for you..

Everyone wants MORE!

The Bsc holder wants an MSC. The guy in the Nissan wants a Benz. The Alfa wants to be an Imam. The couple who own a duplex are dreaming of building a housing estate. The Buddhist monk on a high spiritual earthly level wants to get beyond the much higher level in the astral realm and become a god!!!

I think you are speaking out of spite. There is someone out there probably oppressing you with 2023 range rover velar,taking out that chick you admire so much and you summed him up as one of those ritualists we read up on in nairaland...How petty of you.

Get over it.

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerians Should Know Possession Of Latest Cars And Phones Is Not A Goal by Jakumo(m): 6:35am On Feb 06, 2022
mccloud224:
All these holier than thou posters sef...if latest cars and luxuries of life isn't the goal then what is? You didn't state that but delved into 12 Iphones a dog has. Let me break it down for you..

Everyone wants MORE!

The Bsc holder wants an MSC. The guy in the Nissan wants a Benz. The Alfa wants to be an Imam. The couple who own a duplex are dreaming of building a housing estate. The Buddhist monk on a high spiritual earthly level wants to get beyond the much higher level in the astral realm and become a god!!!

I think you are speaking out of spite. There is someone out there probably oppressing you with 2023 range rover velar,taking out that chick you admire so much and you summed him up as one of those ritualists we read up on in nairaland...How petty of you.

Get over it.

The OP was merely pointing out that by driving very expensive cars and flashing pricey phones in Nigeria, people are only exposing themselves to a higher than normal risk of being robbed, kidnapped, or murdered and devoured by hungry criminals.

The income gap between the haves and the have-nots is as wide as the Grand Canyon in Nigeria, so anyone whose level of disposable income happens to be higher than the national average, should consider being a lot more discreet about the way they dress, the car they drive, and the phone they use, so as not to wind up as a dead rich man being feasted upon by famished vultures.
Re: Some Nigerians Should Know Possession Of Latest Cars And Phones Is Not A Goal by mccloud224(m): 6:41am On Feb 06, 2022
Jakumo:

The OP was merely pointing out that by driving very expensive cars and flashing pricey phones in Nigeria, people are only exposing themselves to a higher than normal risk of being robbed, kidnapped, or murdered and devoured by hungry criminals.

The income gap between the haves and the have-nots is as wide as the Grand Canyon in Nigeria, so anyone whose level of disposable income happens to be higher than the national average, should consider being a lot more discreet about the way they dress, the car they drive, and the phone they use, so as not to wind up as a dead rich man being feasted upon by famished vultures.

I get it. Thanks.
Re: Some Nigerians Should Know Possession Of Latest Cars And Phones Is Not A Goal by Brownie333(m): 12:23pm On Feb 06, 2022
mccloud224:

Everyone wants MORE!

Get over it.

Maybe you’re dead to the society and the latest happenings but the point still remains and in a word, it means the main purpose of technology is make life a bit easy for us. It doesn’t worth sacrificing a whole human to get what other humans created!
Re: Some Nigerians Should Know Possession Of Latest Cars And Phones Is Not A Goal by Kutunban: 4:13pm On Feb 06, 2022
Word

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Six Youths, One Soldier Killed In Rival Group Clash In Edo Community (graphic ) / ATM Card Thief Nabbed In Kano (Photo) / Skull Mining: Police Arrest Three With Human Parts In Osun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.