Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,459 members, 7,843,399 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable (21868 Views)

Ballon D’or 2022: Close Votes, Benzema Has Won It – Thierry Henry Reveals / FIFA Award: The Confusion Of Messi's Critics / Cristiano Ronaldo Wins 2017 Ballon D’or; His 5th Award (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by ThierryJay: 1:50pm On Feb 06, 2022
cktheluckyman:

Lol perception cannot be changed? Oga it used to be the most prestigious when FIFA was involved not anymore!! Imagine French journalists determining best player in the world

Lol, who told you that? Lewandowski himself knows and said that the Ballon dor is more prestigious right now, abi you didnt see his statement below ni?

Perhaps in the prestigious ranking, the Ballon d’Or is better positioned, but the recognition I received by winning The Best makes me proud because I know how hard I worked for many years,”

All football players regard Ballon dor more than the best now. Lewy knows this and is only trying to rationalise why he thinks the Best should be more important. But what he thinks should be is different from the actual fact/reality which is what he acknowledged in his above quote.

Cristiano himself said after Ballon d'or split from fifa in 2016 that his life ambition was to win seven Ballon dors and not seven fifa awards. Why would an ambitious Cristiano aspire for a less prestigious award as his ultimate goal if that was truly the case?

You can't know more than the footballers that play the game and receive the awards, or can you?

1 Like

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by jimmychang: 2:00pm On Feb 06, 2022
Kingcalls:

Stop fooling urself by duplicating 2010-2015.... thats showing signs of being deluded.... as long as fifa and balon dor combined as one during that people and awarded just one award during same period, u cant not decided to duplicate is as 2 during that same period because they split after 5 years... lets say they never combined during that period, then I will agree with u...

U are actually now showing stupidity by ur analogy

Bro them na FIFA talk am ooh grin grin grin grin...why e dey pain you like this grin grin...

1 Like

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by YellowMayor(m): 2:00pm On Feb 06, 2022
paulolee:

thats life....e should move on, after all so many greats like pirlo, xavi, iniesta, eto n even zlatan didn't win one but still had a beautiful career n left like legends .

He deserves it more than everyone you mentioned here
Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by Popesuccess(m): 2:04pm On Feb 06, 2022
TheKingsmann:
Lewan is still pained, but dey did him bad
Like dis post of u think Messi deserves it, share if u think lewan deserves it
They should have just giving him the 2020 award. As for 2021, all the top 3 Deserve it but somebody has to win it. The people that voted decided to vote the most popular.
Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by TheOgaBoss: 2:42pm On Feb 06, 2022
paulolee:

thats life....e should move on, after all so many greats like pirlo, xavi, iniesta, eto n even zlatan didn't win one but still had a beautiful career n left like legends .
this ur statement is proof that what peeps have been saying is true. U can imagine a xavi not winning the ballon Dior, we all know how Barcelona's fortunes went down the drain when xavi and iniesta left, even though messi was still in the lineup. The organisers should ensure that futures awards really reflect the performance of players if they want the award to continue to be prestigious.

1 Like

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by rolams(m): 3:04pm On Feb 06, 2022
Correct!
Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by brightalo1010: 4:00pm On Feb 06, 2022
zeusdgrt:

K then enlighten me Messi's achievement that made him win the trophy?
Mr truth sayer I challenge you first to bring evidence and stats that shows that lewa performed better than Messi in 2021 not 2020 you never bring it yet and you are asking me to bring that of Messi

this is like accusing someone of stealing and the court ask for evidence you then turn back to ask the person to bring evidence that he's not a criminal what type of yeye argument is that?

Mr truthful I asked you are you saying you truth didn't let you know that 2020 award was canceled? Your truth didn't tell you the award is per season not concurrent?

As soon as Messi won the national trophy with top scorer, and best player of the tournament, LA liga top scorer won copa Del Rey we knew the ballon dor is his. Mr truth I'm waiting for 2021 Lewandowski national records and trophies not 2020 I repeat not 2020.

A lair like you talking about truth.

1 Like

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by Amspecial: 4:03pm On Feb 06, 2022
U are a clown so because person talk him mind na bad personality.
Your like no kuku ad 1naira for him bank akant
Messi way say lewy deserve the balon d or but
Wen time reach to vote for fifa best him no vote lewy nkor
Messi is a hypocrite.
Rest in peace.
posty56:
Asin eh, in own Don worst pass Ronaldo, I like him , but it seems he has bad personality
Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by emmyrate1(m): 4:04pm On Feb 06, 2022
zeusdgrt:
Messi winning the ballon d or was the biggest scam in the history of football,let us be truthful without sentiment cz even Messi knows this and the world football governing body are all set of clowns corrupt individuals
oga pls can u show us messi and lewandoski 2020/2021 stats to see who is favorite. Goals alone dont win u balon d or. Take away goals from lewa stats and see what is left of him

1 Like

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by posty56: 4:06pm On Feb 06, 2022
Amspecial:
U are a clown so because person talk him mind na bad personality.
Your like no kuku ad 1naira for him bank akant
Messi way say lewy deserve the balon d or but
Wen time reach to vote for fifa best him no vote lewy nkor
Messi is a hypocrite.
Rest in peace.
wetin they worry dis one
Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by emmyrate1(m): 4:06pm On Feb 06, 2022
hassinho707:
Of course FIFA is the world football governing body, so theirs has to be the most important.

While Ballon D'or can be scrapped at any time, FIFA will always remain FIFA
but messi still have 6 fifa the best award. So who is fooling who
Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by sageer1706(m): 4:11pm On Feb 06, 2022
Kingcalls:

Forget all those padded stats.... Argentina will always be favourites to win copa.... weah won it despite playing for Liberia... if u say copa is the reason...then y did he win it in 2019 despite flopping in copa 2019
Weah is from liberia (africa) not from argentina
Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by Hiq0: 4:19pm On Feb 06, 2022
How
Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by Kingcalls: 4:46pm On Feb 06, 2022
sageer1706:

Weah is from liberia (africa) not from argentina

When did I mention that weah is from Argentina??
Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by zeusdgrt(m): 5:17pm On Feb 06, 2022
brightalo1010:

Mr truth sayer I challenge you first to bring evidence and stats that shows that lewa performed better than Messi in 2021 not 2020 you never bring it yet and you are asking me to bring that of Messi

this is like accusing someone of stealing and the court ask for evidence you then turn back to ask the person to bring evidence that he's not a criminal what type of yeye argument is that?

Mr truthful I asked you are you saying you truth didn't let you know that 2020 award was canceled? Your truth didn't tell you the award is per season not concurrent?

As soon as Messi won the national trophy with top scorer, and best player of the tournament, LA liga top scorer won copa Del Rey we knew the ballon dor is his. Mr truth I'm waiting for 2021 Lewandowski national records and trophies not 2020 I repeat not 2020.

A lair like you talking about truth.
Still long gibberish talk with no response to my request?
Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by cktheluckyman: 5:18pm On Feb 06, 2022
ThierryJay:

Lol, who told you that? Lewandowski himself knows and said that the Ballon dor is more prestigious right now, abi you didnt see his statement below ni?

Perhaps in the prestigious ranking, the Ballon d’Or is better positioned, but the recognition I received by winning The Best makes me proud because I know how hard I worked for many years,”

All football players regard Ballon dor more than the best now. Lewy knows this and is only trying to rationalise why he thinks the Best should be more important. But what he thinks should be is different from the actual fact/reality which is what he acknowledged in his above quote.

Cristiano himself said after Ballon d'or split from fifa in 2016 that his life ambition was to win seven Ballon dors and not seven fifa awards. Why would an ambitious Cristiano aspire for a less prestigious award as his ultimate goal if that was truly the case?

You can't know more than the footballers that play the game and receive the awards, or can you?

Oga remind me the title of this thread agan? Stop lying
Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by zeusdgrt(m): 5:18pm On Feb 06, 2022
emmyrate1:
oga pls can u show us messi and lewandoski 2020/2021 stats to see who is favorite. Goals alone dont win u balon d or. Take away goals from lewa stats and see what is left of him
And sorry enlighten me what's Messi's stats and what did he do deserve it?
Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by ThierryJay: 5:46pm On Feb 06, 2022
cktheluckyman:

Oga remind me the title of this thread agan? Stop lying

Is it about the thread title or what Lewy actually said. Can't you read I showed you where in the same thread, Lewy clearly stated that Ballon dor is more prestigious, yet you are asking me to go back to the title. Does that make sense at all? You dont even understand the thread you are on.

Let's assume I say "Even though I know Jamb is more regarded than Waec, I think Waec should be more regarded because its accepted by UK ". If a news tabloid reports my statement as "xx says WAEC is more important than Jamb", does that take away the fact that I acknowledged that Jamb is actually more regarded than Waec which is the reason for my contrary personal opinion in the first place?

1 Like

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by wealthgoddess: 5:51pm On Feb 06, 2022
Kingcalls:

Y should they post Ronaldo missing an inconsequential penalty?? Do do they post when he scores penalties?? When he scored the winner against Norwich with a penalty, was it posted?? Pained messi minions
Eleribu spotted grin

2 Likes

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by brightalo1010: 6:23pm On Feb 06, 2022
zeusdgrt:

Still long gibberish talk with no response to my request?
obviously you're blind to read or you don't understand anything. I've given you in details Messi's 2021 success but shame didn't let you stand it.

1 Like

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by zeusdgrt(m): 8:03pm On Feb 06, 2022
brightalo1010:
obviously you're blind to read or you don't understand anything. I've given you in details Messi's 2021 success but shame didn't let you stand it.
Lol....that's the problem with Messi fans long talk with no stats and the annoying thing is they know the truth oga go sleep

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by hassinho707(m): 8:19pm On Feb 06, 2022
emmyrate1:
but messi still have 6 fifa the best award. So who is fooling who
Nobody mentioned Messi.
Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by brightalo1010: 9:37pm On Feb 06, 2022
zeusdgrt:

Lol....that's the problem with Messi fans long talk with no stats and the annoying thing is they know the truth oga go sleep

I've posted the stats for you. Where is that of Lewandowski in 2020. So top scorer in both nations cup and LA liga, best player of the tournament, E.T.C ARE not stats, did you actually understand the meaning of stats? Smh

1 Like

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by gaftsoil(m): 12:00am On Feb 07, 2022
cktheluckyman:

Not true bro.They pulled out in 2020
Lie. Since they pulled out, ronaldo won it twice, messi once, modric once and lewandowski twice. Check it out

1 Like

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by freshalien: 6:42am On Feb 07, 2022
paulolee:

dustbin french award dt ur cr7 openly said he is dieing to win more than messi before he retires??
u don call.am dustbin now because ur man no fit win am again n can never near it till e hangs boot..
I guess dubai d or wey ur man don win 5 times back to back don Also turn dustbin as mbappe win am last year...hypocrites..

The problem with you people who masturbate over Messi is that the moment anyone criticizes your dwarf god, you automatically conclude that person is on the other end of the spectrum. I am not a Cristiano Ronaldo fan; never was, never will be. I don’t even support any football club, which gives me a much more clearer and objective view of things. Mark my words and mark them now, we are currently witnessing the end of an era; both Messi and Ronaldo would never win any major award. Well except for that useless French award that is given based on the emotions and feelings of journalists.
Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by emmyrate1(m): 4:09pm On Feb 09, 2022
zeusdgrt:

And sorry enlighten me what's Messi's stats and what did he do deserve it?
Mess is
Laliga top scorer
Laliga top assist
Copa d rey highest goal scorer
Copa america best player
Copa america top assist
Copa america top scorer
Copa america winner
Copa d rey winner.
Most GA across euro top 5.

Pls list lewandoski own.

1 Like

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by zeusdgrt(m): 7:29am On Feb 10, 2022
emmyrate1:

Mess is
Laliga top scorer
Laliga top assist
Copa d rey highest goal scorer
Copa america best player
Copa america top assist
Copa america top scorer
Copa america winner
Copa d rey winner.
Most GA across euro top 5.

Pls list lewandoski own.
Lol....so na Copa America award grin,u are a big clown!we talking champions league,German footballer of the year,German league trophy,and all whole lot u dey post these nonsense grin guy u dull
Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by emmyrate1(m): 7:59pm On Feb 11, 2022
zeusdgrt:

Lol....so na Copa America award grin,u are a big clown!we talking champions league,German footballer of the year,German league trophy,and all whole lot u dey post these nonsense grin guy u dull
when you dont have stats to prove your claim u resort to insult, did i insult you in any way?. Copa america is an intrnational tournament, lewandoski went to uefa nation but did nothing. Is german leagues greater than copa America? Arguing with u is just a stupid thing to do. Champions leagues, did lewandoski win Champions league? The only trophy he won was budesliga. You think u are making s3nse but u are the real dull person here.

1 Like

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by zeusdgrt(m): 11:20pm On Feb 12, 2022
emmyrate1:
when you dont have stats to prove your claim u resort to insult, did i insult you in any way?. Copa america is an intrnational tournament, lewandoski went to uefa nation but did nothing. Is german leagues greater than copa America? Arguing with u is just a stupid thing to do. Champions leagues, did lewandoski win Champions league? The only trophy he won was budesliga. You think u are making s3nse but u are the real dull person here.
So is African nations cup and mane should win it if so? grin they should use African nations cup as a parameter for balon d or.U Dull grin
Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by KreativSquare: 9:56am On Feb 13, 2022
zeusdgrt:

So is African nations cup and mane should win it if so? grin they should use African nations cup as a parameter for balon d or.U Dull grin

It's obvious you lack basic sense of argument, the guy literally brought out Messi stat all you need to do is to bring Lewandoski stat and compare. Simple
Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by KreativSquare: 10:04am On Feb 13, 2022
thesicilian:

The value has been so watered down that most people don't even care anymore. Very soon the footballers themselves will start boycotting the awards, like what's happening now with the Grammy's.

Lol... If you like boycott, it doesn't mean Grammy will still not be the most prestigious award. No other award can beat Grammy same way no other award can beat Ballon d'Or.

A players dream is to win ballon d'Or not fifa best. So if you like boycott it, it doesn't change the relevance or prestige of the award.
Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by KreativSquare: 10:06am On Feb 13, 2022
Szilard:

Can you hear yourself bro??

Lmao grin

Lmaoo

He sounds stupid and he knows it. grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2017 Uefa Final: Real Madrid Vs Juventus , All The Build-up In Photos / NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles / Thierry Henry Vs Didier Drogba, Who Is Better & Had More Success?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.