Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,315 members, 7,836,370 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

The Hypocrisy Of Disney! Part 1 - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Hypocrisy Of Disney! Part 1 (1060 Views)

Theo Somolu And Folake Olowofoyeku To Star In Disney’s 'Mufasa' / Video: Official Trailer Of Disney Animation Set In Futuristic Lagos - Iwájú / Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Hypocrisy Of Disney! Part 1 by Nobody: 8:38pm On Feb 05, 2022
-A kingdom...

-The king and queen had a daughter...

-The queen passes away...

-The king marries another woman...

-The second wife is cruel... She abuses the princess...

-Blah blah blah... Fairytale...

Like, there's so much focus on the second wife/wicked stepmother/evil queen...

But no one mentions the father living in the palace, sleeping on the same bed with the woman who's made his only daughter and heir a slave...

Like, he's so inattentive and unconcerned!

He's even worse than the stepmother... Cause this is his child!

Disney is stupid!

3 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Disney! Part 1 by Ocholu: 8:48pm On Feb 05, 2022
LoL..
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Disney! Part 1 by Nobody: 9:21pm On Feb 05, 2022
Ocholu:
LoL..
It's true... Deatbeat father

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Disney! Part 1 by Truvelisback(m): 9:29pm On Feb 05, 2022
I still like watching their movies. There is one i like titled "The little mermaid". And one again although, i have forgotten the title, the character in movie is a girl who has a very long hair. Her hair his powerful or magical. It's an interesting(animated) movie too.

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Disney! Part 1 by Nobody: 9:37pm On Feb 05, 2022
Truvelisback:
I still like watching their movies. There is one i like titled "The little mermaid". And one again although, i have forgotten the title, the character in movie is a girl who has a very long hair. Her hair his powerful or magical. It's an interesting(animated) movie too.
Rapunzel... Disney is evil... Racist too... But that's a topic for a different thread...

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Disney! Part 1 by Truvelisback(m): 9:40pm On Feb 05, 2022
Datboredberry:
Rapunzel... Disney is evil... Racist too... But that's a topic for a different thread...
How is Disney evil and Racist too?
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Disney! Part 1 by Nobody: 9:42pm On Feb 05, 2022
Truvelisback:
How is Disney evil and Racist too?
You didn't know? I'll tag you when I create the thread!

But read these first...

Educate yourself friend!!! We all have to do so...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.insider.com/moments-themes-in-disney-movies-that-havent-aged-well-problematic%3Famp&ved=2ahUKEwjS5ZeWtun1AhU-gf0HHe9yBoYQFnoECC0QAQ&usg=AOvVaw1YrcdLIlcdvfspmVpizfq9

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-54566087.amp&ved=2ahUKEwjS5ZeWtun1AhU-gf0HHe9yBoYQFnoECAQQAQ&usg=AOvVaw27GQZfPhtVJZAJV0S4OGyK

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Disney! Part 1 by Truvelisback(m): 9:58pm On Feb 05, 2022
Datboredberry:
You didn't know? I'll tag you when I create the thread!

But read these first...

Educate yourself friend!!! We all have to do so...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.insider.com/moments-themes-in-disney-movies-that-havent-aged-well-problematic%3Famp&ved=2ahUKEwjS5ZeWtun1AhU-gf0HHe9yBoYQFnoECC0QAQ&usg=AOvVaw1YrcdLIlcdvfspmVpizfq9

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-54566087.amp&ved=2ahUKEwjS5ZeWtun1AhU-gf0HHe9yBoYQFnoECAQQAQ&usg=AOvVaw27GQZfPhtVJZAJV0S4OGyK
Alright, although, i didn't have time for movies like this, it was my younger sis that made me got interest in this movies. There was a particular one i watched but can't remember the title. In the movie cartoon, a man was to be beheaded for crime he didn't commit, as the executioner was abt to chop off his head with an axe, a goddess appear and stopped it.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Disney! Part 1 by Nobody: 9:59pm On Feb 05, 2022
Truvelisback:
Alright, although, i didn't have time for movies like this, it was my younger sis that made me got interest in this movies. There was a particular one i watched but can't remember the title. In the movie cartoon, a man was to be beheaded for crime he didn't commit, as the executioner was abt to chop off his head with an axe, a goddess appear and stopped it.
I don't know which movie that is...

But you now know why Disney was/is bad

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Disney! Part 1 by Truvelisback(m): 10:00pm On Feb 05, 2022
Datboredberry:
I don't know which movie that is...
But you now know why Disney was/is bad
Yea.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Disney! Part 1 by excell0001: 10:01pm On Feb 05, 2022
they are not stupid but hey you just dropped an idea for anew story line like malificient
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Disney! Part 1 by Nobody: 10:06pm On Feb 05, 2022
excell0001:
they are not stupid but hey you just dropped an idea for anew story line like malificient
Disney is... How many black princesses are there? And princes? The beauty standards: skinny, blonde women and perfect men!... So unrealistic...

Dropped an idea... I did?
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Disney! Part 1 by MufasaLion: 10:24pm On Feb 05, 2022
I so much have hatred for animations.

grin grin grin
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Disney! Part 1 by Nobody: 10:36pm On Feb 05, 2022
cry
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Disney! Part 1 by yuping(m): 11:09pm On Feb 05, 2022
undecided the wokes are here.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Disney! Part 1 by GIdiata(m): 11:12pm On Feb 05, 2022
Datboredberry:

Like, there's so much focus on the second wife/wicked stepmother/evil queen...

But no one mentions the father living in the palace, sleeping on the same bed with the woman who's made his only daughter and heir a slave...

Like, he's so inattentive and unconcerned!

He's even worse than the stepmother... Cause this is his child!

Disney is stupid!

To cut d long story short
women are wicked and DISNEY is aware.

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Disney! Part 1 by udder: 12:36am On Feb 06, 2022
I’m not sure if I get your point.

Are you accusing Disney of not portraying wicked fathers? Because you’ll be wrong.

Seems you wake up everyday scavenging for anti-men content online to spam Nairaland. I’m not sure to what end but I can tell it’s not working.

There are better ways to cure boredom.

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Disney! Part 1 by excell0001: 3:04pm On Feb 06, 2022
Datboredberry:
Disney is... How many black princesses are there? And princes? The beauty standards: skinny, blonde women and perfect men!... So unrealistic...

seems you haven't watched there new cartoons. and you highlighted a loop hole which is good for us. I mean creating African or black original animations the likes of Sango and queen amina or so.

I am a budding animator so yes I have been following up a lot of there works they are writing story that are revolving around their culture nothing personal nothing evil about that besides if they are to do a black princess research needs to be done to get accurate details on culture and all but there choice is there choice
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Disney! Part 1 by excell0001: 3:07pm On Feb 06, 2022
Datboredberry:

are you a writer? you seem like someone who could have good critical thinking skills. Yes you did barring up a good idea You still haven't seen the New story perspective?
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Disney! Part 1 by Nobody: 3:17pm On Feb 06, 2022
excell0001:

are you a writer? you seem like someone who could have good critical thinking skills. Yes you did barring up a good idea You still haven't seen the New story perspective?
I can see it... Maleficent, she's the victim... She should be the evil stepmother but they made her into a human; she was betrayed, she was hurt, she retaliated out of anger, she loved, etc... The king was the bad guy...

I see it... Something 'realistic'... grin

I write... For the pleasure alone... smiley

I love African mythology... I actually liked Greek and Roman myths until I found out that we have amazing stories... But Africans are too religious and superstitious to appreciate them...

You're a budding animator... I wish you well! Make Nigeria and Africa proud! Most of our animations are awful... I'm glad we're working to change that!
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Disney! Part 1 by excell0001: 11:47pm On Feb 06, 2022
Datboredberry:
I can see it... Maleficent, she's the victim... She should be the evil stepmother but they made her into a human; she was betrayed, she was hurt, she retaliated out of anger, she loved, etc... The king was the bad guy...

I see it... Something 'realistic'... grin

I write... For the pleasure alone... smiley

I love African mythology... I actually liked Greek and Roman myths until I found out that we have amazing stories... But Africans are too religious and superstitious to appreciate them...

You're a budding animator... I wish you well! Make Nigeria and Africa proud! Most of our animations are awful... I'm glad we're working to change that!

exactly
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Disney! Part 1 by Brian47(m): 11:21pm On Feb 12, 2022
In Cinderella, didn't her father passed away before her step mother started being cruel?
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Disney! Part 1 by Unseen(m): 11:44pm On Feb 13, 2022
Truvelisback:

The name of the movie is TANGLED

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

BABYLON 2022!!! / Things We've Learn't From Nollywood / Nollywood Stars Disgraced At French Embassy Over Invitation To Cannes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.