Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,161 members, 7,811,353 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:00 AM

My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! (39880 Views)

My Phone Was Stolen And Money Withdrawn From My Bank Account / Pepper In Vagina Saga: No Phone Was Missing, Police CP / "How N37k Was Debited From My Bank Account Through My Stolen Phone" (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! by Greenbullet(m): 8:46am On Feb 28, 2019
Good day people , I want to report a case of theft and bad security , my friends phone was stolen in a bus ,take note, this phone was passworded , so he felt SAFE ! , ONLY TO RECEIVE THE SHOCK OF HIS LIFE, his FIRST BANK ACCOUNT HAD BEEN DEBITED , IN LESS THAN 9 HOURS , how could this be , a bank that parades itself as one of the best , be so easily breached ! , That means , the only thing protecting any customers account is their phone and not the bank ! , I was annoyed when he told me this , a certain HARRISON ONYEKACHI IS THE SUSPECT , we went to the bank for help and they told us they can't do anything but block the account , is this fair ? They have refused to help us , FIRST BANK has refused to help us track down the suspect , please moderators , help this reach the front page , many other individuals should know the level of protection that FIRST BANK provides them , I attached a screenshot and a PDF of the fraud .

2 Likes

Re: My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! by Bizmagnet: 8:53am On Feb 28, 2019
It seems the thief used USSD to transfer the money using your friend's phone number. The thief could have got the password through the messages on the sim receieved from the bank. It could be from a diffrent means though but the bank should be held responsible if they refuse to track the thief.

Election is gone guys but your business and ideas are more inportant to me. Get your website/blog/software today. Check my signature for my contacts.

8 Likes

Re: My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! by Nobody: 8:54am On Feb 28, 2019
Where are my fellow penetration testers.. cheesy
So first bank withdrawal gateway dose not require 3rd factor authentication shocked

Nairalanders with first bank acct holders pls take note!

11 Likes

Re: My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! by DP84: 8:54am On Feb 28, 2019
It is high time First Bank did something about this! A hundred and Eight Thousand Naira (108,000) was withdrawn from my First Bank account in September. The account in question had an expired card and a new one had not been collected in its stead. When I complained at a branch closest to me, I was told it was impossible to withdraw without my consent.

First Bank staff are fraud!

84 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! by hubtiva: 8:54am On Feb 28, 2019
Banks can only secure those who are not careless, some people save pin and password on phone, and even clik on remember me box when loggin in

16 Likes

Re: My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! by bettercreature(m): 8:54am On Feb 28, 2019
grin
Re: My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! by WayStage(m): 8:54am On Feb 28, 2019
D "stealer" na NYSC member...
That's the code
Re: My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! by thereturnoflucy(m): 8:54am On Feb 28, 2019
All this banks ehn....just yesterday I noticed a huge loophole in my Access account...I was like woah shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! by Greenbullet(m): 8:54am On Feb 28, 2019
First bank has refused to help , they want this matter to die because they don't want to do anything about it , we went to their branch and they keep telling us there is nothing they can do !

1 Like

Re: My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! by Lighthammer(m): 8:54am On Feb 28, 2019
Too bad
Re: My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! by MoxxxxO123(m): 8:54am On Feb 28, 2019
Proceed to your bank
Re: My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! by Homeboiy: 8:54am On Feb 28, 2019
Oh doh
That's how my Facebook account was hacked yesterday night
I retrieved it within 10mins

. I hate using bank apps on my phone
Re: My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! by alienvirus: 8:54am On Feb 28, 2019
Nig banks can't do anything regarding that. They probably still use archaic technologies. I know. If you know you know.

1 Like

Re: My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! by finalboss(m): 8:55am On Feb 28, 2019
I dnt think thats possible with fcmb, but firstbnk is overated
Re: My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! by Teddy0147(m): 8:55am On Feb 28, 2019
Banks are not relaible

2 Likes

Re: My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! by chloride6: 8:55am On Feb 28, 2019
Your friend was careless, not to have reported to the bank once the phone was stolen..#

To use the *894# ussd interface..

You need to know the mobile pin...

It is possible yout friends uses a simple PIN.]

In that case how is it FBN's fault...

Without knowledge of the pin, he couldnt have transferred funds through ussd.

Your friend might have saved his mobile pin on his sim card too, as some careless people do...

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! by justtruth88miSt(f): 8:55am On Feb 28, 2019
they didn't use the app, they used *894#

7 Likes

Re: My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! by Nobody: 8:56am On Feb 28, 2019
eya sorry o..den no wan waste time on 18500
Re: My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! by seyigiggle: 8:56am On Feb 28, 2019
bank no be police station, however, they have a Fraud unit
Re: My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! by Herberthansome: 8:56am On Feb 28, 2019
That's too bad.
Re: My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! by Nobody: 8:56am On Feb 28, 2019
Request for official bank statement(stamped)
Go to court and file affidavit(To show you truly lost your phone)
Get a police report (To show you truly lost your phone)
Print all your evidence and petition EFCC, forwarded a copy of your petition to CBN indicating it as a forward letter, via email (they will respond in less than 2 hours)
Forward same hardcopy (printed) to your bank branch and headquarter via email.

=>Then filed Complain at your bank along with above letter

At the bottom of your letter indicate CC: and state all the receipts full address for example.

CC:
EFCC recipient
CBN recipient
Bank HQ address
Etc

If you did not get your money within 10 working days, am in my house come and beat me.

EDIT: This process is not to get Police or CBN to go after the thief, but for your bank take your case seriously about the money. Most of Nigerian Public Company hardly take your case serious due to bad PR manager, but when you bypass them to the top, then return to them to work

--footnote--
This is the reason why we should all have a charge and bail lawyer to handle a small case like this.
Pls am not a lawyer o, my job is web design and am hungry now, pls epp me give me your website job, blog design, WordPress, Drupal etc
Am passionate about not starving to death

77 Likes 19 Shares

Re: My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! by ogawisdom(m): 8:56am On Feb 28, 2019
Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! by Oladaps15(m): 8:56am On Feb 28, 2019
na 9ja we dey
Re: My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! by ebuka440: 8:56am On Feb 28, 2019
Banking system in Nigeria is not standard at all. Not only for first bank but for all of them

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! by otobasin2323(m): 8:56am On Feb 28, 2019
This is unbelievable
Re: My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! by bernymann: 8:57am On Feb 28, 2019
Naija scammers ehnn sad sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos Police Refuses To Issue Report To Man Who Narrowly Escaped Being Killed By / Army Intercepts 3 Trucks Loaded With Over 300,000 Pump Action Cartridges (pic) / Nigerian Jailed 330 Years In The US For Raping Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.