Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

Are All Interns Like This? - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Are All Interns Like This? (18172 Views)

Interns Needed - Are You Interested Or Know Anyone Who May Be Interested. / Interns Urgently Needed In A Lagos Software Development Firm / Programming (php/javascript) Interns Are Needed At A Fast Growing ICT Firm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are All Interns Like This? by Opexzy: 2:01pm On Feb 07, 2022
This is so funny... This people should be arrested for scam... What the hell was that...? shocked
Re: Are All Interns Like This? by Temi231(f): 2:02pm On Feb 07, 2022
With all these jobs responsibilities and they still won't pay? Not good enough. You may take it if you are ready to learn. It's going to build your knowledge

1 Like

Re: Are All Interns Like This? by anambraamaka: 2:04pm On Feb 07, 2022
no
Re: Are All Interns Like This? by wenbostag: 2:05pm On Feb 07, 2022
Re: Are All Interns Like This? by roddick995(m): 2:16pm On Feb 07, 2022
UNPAID ... HABA
Re: Are All Interns Like This? by ABCthings: 2:17pm On Feb 07, 2022
Ohibenemma:
The word that stood out there was "unpaid", and for a year?!
in this country...
Re: Are All Interns Like This? by donestk(m): 2:19pm On Feb 07, 2022
Actually these roles are paid internship. The unpaid is just to discourage large volumes of applications.

Goodluck.

4 Likes

Re: Are All Interns Like This? by olafum1(m): 2:25pm On Feb 07, 2022
Naijatask:
Good evening everyone.

So, I was searching for a place to apply for intern using LinkedIn.

I just received a notification from LinkedIn hours ago and I decided to check it out.

The requirements looks more like they were looking for a full stack developer and not just an intern?

Are all companies looking for interns like this?

@tensazangetsu20 @likeAking

This one's are actually crazy, looking for all these requirements for an unpaid internship. Wtf?
Re: Are All Interns Like This? by 3Dimension: 2:29pm On Feb 07, 2022
They actually wrote Unpaid for all this knowledge they expect you to possess?

This Nigeria company and fraud are 5 and 6
Re: Are All Interns Like This? by AKEEMNAS(m): 2:39pm On Feb 07, 2022
Apply, and go defend the skills you have already. You don't have to know all the technologies listed or have all the requirements listed. You proof to them that you are willing to learn on the job. All the best.
Re: Are All Interns Like This? by onojaford(m): 2:41pm On Feb 07, 2022
Very evil shit! They want you to know all those, yet they won't pay you. Or am I mistaken?
Re: Are All Interns Like This? by perdollar(m): 2:51pm On Feb 07, 2022
I tot dey said No pay no gain
Re: Are All Interns Like This? by 1forall: 2:52pm On Feb 07, 2022
A one-year UNPAID internship with full time responsibilities?? Looks like they're after free labour and doesn't make sense.

But someone said they say it's described as unpaid to discourage large volume of applications and to fish out really serious applicants although I don't know how true that is.

My advise: Apply anyway and see how far you go in the recruitment process. If you go far enough to the point where they reiterate that it's unpaid, tell them that you didn't believe that they'd make someone labour for a full year with full responsibilities without compensation, which is why you applied because you believe they're a responsible company. Or something like that.

They should give a stipend for transportation at a minimum - that's the worst that should happen.

So give it a try and see how things go.
Re: Are All Interns Like This? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Feb 07, 2022
Naijatask:
Good evening everyone.

I just received a notification from LinkedIn hours ago and I decided to check it out.

The requirements looks more like they were looking for a full stack developer and not just an intern?

Most of these IT companies in Nigeria are looking for interns to overwork them and end up paying peanuts rather than hiring professionals to do their jobs and pay them their six-figure jobs.
This is why a lot of IT guys are traveling abroad or working full time in Nigeria for companies abroad.
Re: Are All Interns Like This? by JJOF(m): 2:59pm On Feb 07, 2022
My LinkedIn only shows me offers from Nigeria, how can I set it to show me offers from other countries, because I'll soon be looking for internship. Also, how feasible is it to be running NYSC and tech internship?
Re: Are All Interns Like This? by olioxx(m): 3:11pm On Feb 07, 2022
JJOF:
My LinkedIn only shows me offers from Nigeria, how can I set it to show me offers from other countries, because I'll soon be looking for internship. Also, how feasible is it to be running NYSC and tech internship?

Why not try for Indeed or ZipRecruiter, based on your applications, these websites will bring pop ups asking if you want to keep getting notifications.
For LinkedIn maybe you can search for a job title then change the location to your preferred country, you will see a list of those jobs.

1 Like

Re: Are All Interns Like This? by Rahyberg(m): 3:17pm On Feb 07, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

I didn't even see it. Like I can never ever work for free ever. I rather die of hunger. When leetcode never finish. When personal projects I can profit from never finish. When programming languages, frameworks and tools never finish. I go work for free. If it ever comes to that I rather die.

Hello Sir, I'm a newbie in programming. I'm a mechanical engineering so who is doing his industrial training presently. So I'm having more time at hand which I have been utilizing for programming. I want you to monitor my progress likewise I want you to be my mentor.
Will you mind I sending you a PM?
Re: Are All Interns Like This? by Supreme145(m): 3:22pm On Feb 07, 2022
Lol I got an offer from them yesterday, asking if I could work for 40 hours every week for one year without remuneration with other plenty questions. I didn't even bother to reply, like I'm going to buy data and work for a company for one whole year.

I'd rather keep practicing, a better offer will come.

1 Like

Re: Are All Interns Like This? by Supreme145(m): 3:25pm On Feb 07, 2022
donestk:
Actually these roles are paid internship. The unpaid is just to discourage large volumes of applications.

Goodluck.
I passed the initial screening, they are still screaming unpaid up and down.
Re: Are All Interns Like This? by Franzee(m): 3:34pm On Feb 07, 2022
these guys are mofos.. programming brought that freedom... Freedom you don't need to go to classes to learn .. freedom in the sense you don't need a degree to get a job... freedom in the sense that you can work from the comfort of your home...

don't buy into slavery because you want to get xpireince .
Learn more and increase your skill..
Re: Are All Interns Like This? by richie240: 4:41pm On Feb 07, 2022
My gye, just look at it as if u are 'nwa-boy'.
The experience u stand to gain from such venture is limitless.
By the time an opening comes up in dt company or another one, such experience will surely come in handy.

If u are still with ur parents/guardian and can hence bear d 'no-pay', I'll say go for it.

My story!
Shortly after my Nysc, I once had d opportunity of becoming an intern in an aeronautical engineering outfit in Lagos, but bcus it came without a pay, I ditch-am sharperly. My mind was towards the fast paying oyel company.
What a mistake I made. By now I would've bcom an aeronautical engr.

Las-las, na classroom I dey practice my engineering certificate as oyel company job nor gree 'look uche face'. grin grin
I enjoy teaching though, and I make a decent income for myself.

Naijatask:
Good evening everyone.

1 Like

Re: Are All Interns Like This? by pixey(m): 4:57pm On Feb 07, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Just apply. Mostly HR copying and pasting job functions from other jobs.
Exactly my man! I used to fall for this then. grin
Re: Are All Interns Like This? by Aaae: 6:06pm On Feb 07, 2022
No
Re: Are All Interns Like This? by Sammiehero: 6:08pm On Feb 07, 2022
What field pls?

sekzy99:

Hi.

Do you know where one can apply for an internship in Lagos?
Re: Are All Interns Like This? by Miyachi: 7:53pm On Feb 07, 2022
Say no to unpaid internships.
Don't offer your services to any company under any guise for free. This listing just shows you their exploitative nature.
Re: Are All Interns Like This? by MartinsOlaeuyi: 10:26pm On Feb 07, 2022
Is it a right thing to include my age and religion on my CV?
Re: Are All Interns Like This? by JJOF(m): 9:51pm On Feb 10, 2022
olioxx:

Why not try for Indeed or ZipRecruiter, based on your applications, these websites will bring pop ups asking if you want to keep getting notifications.
For LinkedIn maybe you can search for a job title then change the location to your preferred country, you will see a list of those jobs.
I'm on Indeed already.
Re: Are All Interns Like This? by sekzy99(m): 12:21pm On Feb 13, 2022
Computer Science.

I don't mind if it's not paid one.
Thanks.

Sammiehero:
What field pls?

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Convert Numbers To Words In Excel / I Need Info On Niit / For Beginners: Learn How To Create A Simple Android Native App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.