Stats: 3,158,405 members, 7,836,627 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station (16365 Views)

Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? / I Finally Quit My Bank Job For Bolt Driving / Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? (2) (3) (4)

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Idowu116: 2:41pm On Feb 07, 2022
Mercychen:
How about applying for a part-time program with the bank job?
Part time program?
Please explain better
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Henryfocoyo(m): 2:43pm On Feb 07, 2022
Idowu116:
But someone told me now that filling station workers tmake money everyday apart from their salary
What do you think
see let me tell you something, people have archive great things in life just by being ordinary filling station attendant, ask around if you don't know !!
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by coolfredo(m): 2:44pm On Feb 07, 2022
Idowu116:
But someone told me now that filling station workers tmake money everyday apart from their salary
What do you think
. It a lie. From were do they make extra money from? Continue with ur bank work. Filling station just know that u will run shortage n naa ur salary u will carry pay
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Oloks(m): 2:44pm On Feb 07, 2022
Hi

Short-run station job will provide u both legit and illegit cash, but u are stuck in a menial job, not transferable skills gained here.
Short-run Bank Cleaner, not much money salary is fixed. Hang in here, develop your qualifications in a better environment and your external training while doing this can always be relevant in this environment

Long run with perseverance, u will prevail in the bank job, Obtain relevant training, put your head down and focus...the petrol station work will give u short-run cash with no future to rise. All it will make u a semi-illiterate with a bit of cash and stuck where u are
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Nobody: 2:46pm On Feb 07, 2022
[quote author=Idowu116 post=110036379] Part time program?
Please explain better[/quote

Read my comment again to get what I mean. I've updated it.
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Assaljii: 2:53pm On Feb 07, 2022
YOU SHOULD GO FOR FILLING STATION ATTENDANT
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by danigbo(m): 2:53pm On Feb 07, 2022
Stay with your bank job. The pay is bether (there is room for increment sef ) You can find a similar school in Lagos. Don't go to Ibadan the odds against you there are high ! You can even enroll to go to school only on weekends. God bless you.
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by ghettochild(m): 2:56pm On Feb 07, 2022
Believe ur uncle at ur own peril
Just stick to ur cleaner job
We all know how tedious fuel attendant job is like..
Plus u wont have time for education n u paying ur school fees from 15k.
That your uncle no like u ooo

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Paradigms: 2:56pm On Feb 07, 2022
Working to spend what you earn on something that won't profit you in return. If you can read and write, forget school and look for something productive.
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by HRSweetness(f): 2:58pm On Feb 07, 2022
Idowu116:
Hello Nairalanders,there is a very confusing issue I would love to share here so your opinions are highly needed.

I work in a bank as a cleaner since last year April and I earn #26,000 per month. I have been working with the aim of starting a business (even if I don't have any business idea to run)or furthering my education because I stop at SS3 since 2017 when I graduated.
Last week, my uncle called me that there is vacancy at a filling station in ibadan then from there I will continue schooling in a polythecnic of ibadan.He said I will be paid #15,000 per month an I will do part time at the poly.He said I shouldn't worry about accommodation and feeding.He also said I will be paying my school fees from my salary.

I haven't worked in a filling station before but I would love to change environment too. I don't want to leave this job and regret later and I don't know if I will do well in the filling station but I also want to further my education too.

I am confused here and I don't know what decision to take.So I came here to seek for a very candid advice on how to deal with the issue.
Please your opinions are needed thank you
Lalasticla.la please help move to front page.Thank you

I don't advise studying at a Polytechnic in this era. It's better you get a Bachelors degree from National Open University. In this case, keep the bank job.

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Allisgud: 2:58pm On Feb 07, 2022
They make money on a daily by adding 10 to 20 on each fuel those with gallons come to buy,that's why u see them huzzling u to come their side if u want to buy,imagine u attending to 150 people on ur shift
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Raxxye(m): 3:01pm On Feb 07, 2022
Idowu116:
Hello Nairalanders,there is a very confusing issue I would love to share here so your opinions are highly needed.

I work in a bank as a cleaner since last year April and I earn #26,000 per month. I have been working with the aim of starting a business (even if I don't have any business idea to run)or furthering my education because I stop at SS3 since 2017 when I graduated.
Last week, my uncle called me that there is vacancy at a filling station in ibadan then from there I will continue schooling in a polythecnic of ibadan.He said I will be paid #15,000 per month an I will do part time at the poly.He said I shouldn't worry about accommodation and feeding.He also said I will be paying my school fees from my salary.

I haven't worked in a filling station before but I would love to change environment too. I don't want to leave this job and regret later and I don't know if I will do well in the filling station but I also want to further my education too.

I am confused here and I don't know what decision to take.So I came here to seek for a very candid advice on how to deal with the issue.
Did you say you have just school cert? Then you must be a very brilliant chap. Infact, you write better than many holders of first and masters degrees. You writing is excellent!
I think you should discuss your concerns with your uncle. If he truly cares about you, he'll advise you appropriately. Tell him about your present job, pay, spare time for studies and all.
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by frozen70(f): 3:01pm On Feb 07, 2022
Idowu116:

Feeding and accommodation settled

Which school fees will you pay from your salary?

If he has said that he will pay your part time school fees that will be fair enough

This free feeding and accommodation, hope you are close or friendly with the wife

You may regret changing your job because you are going to a new place and it will take you mental stress to settle down

Continue with your bank cleaner work, get a partime admission, share the good news with your senior bankers staff in the bank, they will be glad you are upgrading yourself and may contribute for you if you humbly ask them

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Idowu116: 3:02pm On Feb 07, 2022
Mercychen:
Secondly, don't ever rely on promises of relatives. Human beings are unpredictable and your uncle can change even before you round off with your program. Then how will you manage with 15k?
That's exactly what am looking at.
Thanks a lot for your opinion

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Tboymessiah(m): 3:03pm On Feb 07, 2022
DadiShege:
Please i need help.
anything you can help with please

Access bank

Go and tell your pastor, or imam
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Idowu116: 3:04pm On Feb 07, 2022
Donraqh:

1) I will suggest you stay put in your present location and make do with the N26k salary from the bank for now.

2) You can enrol for a part-time problem in your current location, all you need is good rapport with your fellow cleaners in your office. They'll cover up for you on lecture and exam days.

Besides lectures and exams with part-time programs are usually weekends, so you may just score a point if your branch isn't doing Saturday/Sunday banking.

You'll hardly get such opportunity in a fuel station since they run 24/7 on default though you stand to make side money with numerical ability.

3) Is your uncle in Ibadan married? If yes, that's a red flag. Forget the promise of accommodation and feeding it's not gonna work. She'll turn to something else very soon.

Besides, they'll turn you to a domestic staff without pay though you shouldn't be expecting any, and I bet you won't like it.

Your uncle has a good agenda for you, but please stay put in your struggle. It won't be long before you will breakthrough.

If he's not married which I doubt, still do not depend on relatives promises, hustle your way out. All man for himself.

If he can afford your feeding and accommodation why not pay your school fees too?

The devil you know is better than the Angel you don't know.

Good luck.
Thanks a lot for this
I appreciate
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by tonieguy(m): 3:05pm On Feb 07, 2022
Both options look good and would work.

However, it's the finer details that determine which would be successful and place you on a sound footing.

Are you assured of getting admission at the ibadan polytechnic? Also, what is their school fee?

Have u started processing admission in Lagos and what is the sch fees??

What kind of person is your uncle. Is he reliable, or is he playing an angle that you are not seeing that concerns your future?? Is he a good man and would the accommodation he is offering be a good place with no drama or a way to trap you down??

Once you have answers to these questions, you can make your decision

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by jaxxy(m): 3:06pm On Feb 07, 2022
Idowu116:

U can take leave from ur office and go and try out the filling station job.

But note u can continue ur studies with any of these jobs I think.

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by justified007: 3:11pm On Feb 07, 2022
Idowu116:
Hmmm yes the bank is less stressful and I don't go to work on weekends

Find a PT program to enrol in any of the numerous institutions in Lagos abeg.

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Zulez: 3:14pm On Feb 07, 2022
HRSweetness:

I don't advise studying at a Polytechnic in this era. It's better you get a Bachelors degree from National Open University. In this case, keep the bank job.
I want to know about noun university is ther certificate legit
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by sageb: 3:14pm On Feb 07, 2022
Muzikluva:

What do you mean by “good numerical ability” ?? He should involve himself in fraud while at it?

I mean mathematically proficient or good in calculations and keeping records.
You have to read it again if you don't understand my post about fuel station attendants.

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Trustworthiness: 3:16pm On Feb 07, 2022
Idowu116:

There are lots of indices that needs to be factored into before making conclusion on the steps to take. For instance,
1. What is the end of the month saving from your bank job and the likely amount you will save working in the Gas station.
2. Part-time schooling: Is there enough time, such as weekends, for part-time schooling in your present banking job and will the gas station avail you with enough time for schooling as well.
3. Is your uncle a very sincere someone that can keep his promises about giving opportunity to going for a part-time program and other promises he made. Sometimes, people may saying things to lure you to do their bidding. You must be wise and don't fall for such cajoling.
4. With stress from the gas station job, will you still be able to study your books and prepare for exams and test?
5. And many more......
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by enochogaga(m): 3:19pm On Feb 07, 2022
what if ur uncle lost his job or have financial crises during ur school period,
or what if ur uncle get tired of taking up ur responsibility as he promised, he is a human and he can change. grin

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Zulez: 3:20pm On Feb 07, 2022
See this one me am praying to get chance reach lagos but you already tired, you better kip ur bank work and find any nursing school or college of education to step up or catering sch,u can never get chance to do part time program with filling station job and surely ur uncle will stop the feeding but ur bank work gave u weeked

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by sageb: 3:24pm On Feb 07, 2022
Idowu116:
my present location is Lagos

Okay, Lagos have more opportunities than Ibadan.
The downside is that Lagos is quite expensive to live unlike Ibadan which is cheaper.
Good luck on your aspiration
"Ise Logun ise"
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Nobody: 3:31pm On Feb 07, 2022
Idowu116:
That's exactly what am looking at.
Thanks a lot for your opinion

You're welcome dear.

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by skj1377(m): 3:31pm On Feb 07, 2022
Go to petrol station. Your side money may be like 50k per month
Idowu116:

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Idowu116: 3:32pm On Feb 07, 2022
Raxxye:

Did you say you have just school cert? Then you must be a very brilliant chap. Infact, you write better than many holders of first and masters degrees. You writing is excellent!
I think you should discuss your concerns with your uncle. If he truly cares about you, he'll advise you appropriately. Tell him about your present job, pay, spare time for studies and all.
Thank you
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by skj1377(m): 3:32pm On Feb 07, 2022
During scarcity your side money has no upper limit. You talk smart so change quickly
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Idowu116: 3:34pm On Feb 07, 2022
frozen70:

Feeding and accommodation settled

Which school fees will you pay from your salary?

If he has said that he will pay your part time school fees that will be fair enough

This free feeding and accommodation, hope you are close or friendly with the wife

You may regret changing your job because you are going to a new place and it will take you mental stress to settle down

Continue with your bank cleaner work, get a partime admission, share the good news with your senior bankers staff in the bank, they will be glad you are upgrading yourself and may contribute for you if you humbly ask them
Oh thank you very much for this
I appreciate
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by onos1979(f): 3:34pm On Feb 07, 2022
you can also further your education while doing your cleaning work, please don't live your life based on promises, humans can change at any moment.

Amasa Firdaus: How God Used Me To Break Hijab Barrier / Workers Groan Under Rising Cost Of Living, Stagnant Wages / Chartered Accountancy? How Lucrative Is It?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67