Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,723 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

Please Can Someone Recommend To Me A Low Budget Laptop For Coding - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Please Can Someone Recommend To Me A Low Budget Laptop For Coding (3435 Views)

Which Is The Best And Budget-friendly Laptop For Coding? / What's The Best Laptop For Coding / Advice: What Is The Best Budget Laptop For Programming? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Can Someone Recommend To Me A Low Budget Laptop For Coding by RuMiRgO1stSon: 9:27pm On Feb 07, 2022
Since after my high school yrs back in 2016, I have begin to develop this urge to have my own laptop purposely for coding, programming. But things keep falling apart year after years.
I have now manage to secure some cash meant for my first laptop.
52000k own
Thanks
Re: Please Can Someone Recommend To Me A Low Budget Laptop For Coding by hooge: 7:44am On Feb 08, 2022
What track are planning on venturing into
Re: Please Can Someone Recommend To Me A Low Budget Laptop For Coding by Sheriman(m): 8:01pm On Feb 08, 2022
You still have a long way to go brother. 52K is too small to buy a laptop that can smoothly run programming IDEs
Re: Please Can Someone Recommend To Me A Low Budget Laptop For Coding by TheTraveler: 9:32pm On Feb 08, 2022
Sheriman:
You still have a long way to go brother. 52K is too small to buy a laptop that can smoothly run programming IDEs
What system specs do you recommend minimum?
My case is slightly different tho, covered HTML CSS JavaScript, was learning React when my system damaged beyond repairs; so what low-budget system do you think can run web development to some extent?
Re: Please Can Someone Recommend To Me A Low Budget Laptop For Coding by Sheriman(m): 9:34pm On Feb 08, 2022
TheTraveler:

What system specs do you recommend minimum?
My case is slightly different tho, covered HTML CSS JavaScript, was learning React when my system damaged beyond repairs; so what low-budget system do you think can run web development to some extent?
At least 8GIG RAM with 256GIG SSD laptop. I recommended 16GIG RAM with 256 SSD
Re: Please Can Someone Recommend To Me A Low Budget Laptop For Coding by valzey(m): 8:53am On Feb 09, 2022
You should target a minimum of i3/4gb ram for web development as long as you won't be using visual studio or developing dotnet apps. Using Linux can also help you better.

1 Like

Re: Please Can Someone Recommend To Me A Low Budget Laptop For Coding by valzey(m): 8:56am On Feb 09, 2022
Sheriman:

At least 8GIG RAM with 256GIG SSD laptop. I recommended 16GIG RAM with 256 SSD

I don't think this is true. SSDs help but it's not necessary. Also 4gb RAM is tolerable for front-end web development.
Re: Please Can Someone Recommend To Me A Low Budget Laptop For Coding by Sheriman(m): 9:27am On Feb 09, 2022
valzey:

I don't think this is true. SSDs help but it's not necessary. Also 4gb RAM is tolerable for front-end web development.
OK oooo when it started hanging and lagging waiting for minutes to run your project you will understand better.
Re: Please Can Someone Recommend To Me A Low Budget Laptop For Coding by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:23am On Feb 09, 2022
valzey:

4 gig ram hangs for React. I had a HP folio i upgraded to 8 gig ram and I still had issues running large React apps.
Re: Please Can Someone Recommend To Me A Low Budget Laptop For Coding by valzey(m): 11:59am On Feb 09, 2022
I don't use 4gb device but I know people who learn react with 4gb RAM and op said he wants the minimum he can use to learn. You just have to be moderate with chrome tabs because that'll be the major RAM eater. And don't expect lighting speed.

Running in Dev mode does add some overhead but you probably won't have issues when learning.

For low spec laptops, I totally recommend Linux.

Remember this is over 4 years since op wanted to start development, I don't think he should delay any more.

1 Like

Re: Please Can Someone Recommend To Me A Low Budget Laptop For Coding by bedfordng(m): 2:36pm On Feb 09, 2022
Most of the popular programming editors would lag on your budget laptop unless you plan on using notepad++.

Even at that, react also would lag when done via cli process.

Although you can still learn and practice coding with a 4gb ram laptop using some of the light weight tools like vim, sublime text etc and install the necessary plugins needed for a start.

Again, when you start noticing the lagging. It may prompt you to want to upgrade. So if you can try to raise more cash to get an 8gb ram with SSD, even if the storage is small, it's better
Re: Please Can Someone Recommend To Me A Low Budget Laptop For Coding by Ajibade123(m): 9:21pm On Feb 09, 2022
OP of it is 4gb ram you can afford go for it abeg and don't be discouraged with what they are saying

I have been using 4gb ram for over 1 year now and react works on it very well with visual studio code
it might not be the fastest machine but it works at least

2 Likes

Re: Please Can Someone Recommend To Me A Low Budget Laptop For Coding by digitite: 9:20am On Feb 10, 2022
Your budget for the laptop will serve.

Understand the kind of project you would be building akin to the system you can afford and have at your disposal. Check out this Hosting plan and start small. That way you can run your project online or in the cloud.

https://radialhosting.com.ng/website-hosting-service/getstarted/
Re: Please Can Someone Recommend To Me A Low Budget Laptop For Coding by peterincredible: 1:07pm On Feb 10, 2022
Go for Lenovo ThinkPad anyone with both inbuilt and external battery(you know NEPA now),
2. At least corei5
3. 8 gig ram
4. Which is very important SSD hard drive
5. Optional but somehow necessary a steady power supply (for me I will advice you go for a laptop power bank) don't buy extra battery they are all fakeeeeeee
Re: Please Can Someone Recommend To Me A Low Budget Laptop For Coding by Ayrastarr(f): 3:35pm On Feb 10, 2022
peterincredible:
Go for Lenovo ThinkPad anyone with both inbuilt and external battery(you know NEPA now),
2. At least corei5
3. 8 gig ram
4. Which is very important SSD hard drive
5. Optional but somehow necessary a steady power supply (for me I will advice you go for a laptop power bank) don't buy extra battery they are all fakeeeeeee

All these thing inside 52k? Boss, o ga o
Re: Please Can Someone Recommend To Me A Low Budget Laptop For Coding by peterincredible: 5:42pm On Feb 10, 2022
Ayrastarr:

All these thing inside 52k? Boss, o ga o
madam no vex with the rate Nigeria bee hmmm you just can't get a reasonable laptop that will be good for programming with 52k lets just be honest as for me I have to save all my state nysc allowance to buy mine their is no need to rush keep saving you will get there
Re: Please Can Someone Recommend To Me A Low Budget Laptop For Coding by peterincredible: 5:46pm On Feb 10, 2022
An infact with the current inflation rate I don't think you can get a good core i5 laptop less than 90k pls I will advice you just have a little patience and keep saving probably begin to learn the theory and start writing code little by little with your phone when you have saved a little bit more then buy a strong and good laptop trust me you will enjoy it
Re: Please Can Someone Recommend To Me A Low Budget Laptop For Coding by qtguru(m): 9:39pm On Feb 10, 2022
Get a thinkpad but save around 80k , Thinkpad are strong and last longer
Re: Please Can Someone Recommend To Me A Low Budget Laptop For Coding by 2Radii: 10:27pm On Feb 10, 2022
qtguru:
Get a thinkpad but save around 80k , Thinkpad are strong and last longer
sir pls do we have any other type apart from that ThinkPad, like a real laptop.

Budget= 80 to 100k
Re: Please Can Someone Recommend To Me A Low Budget Laptop For Coding by The5DME(m): 2:29am On Feb 11, 2022
2Radii:

Budget= 80 to 100k
So, ThinkPads are fake laptops right?

1 Like

Re: Please Can Someone Recommend To Me A Low Budget Laptop For Coding by qtguru(m): 3:12am On Feb 11, 2022
2Radii:

Budget= 80 to 100k

Thinkpad no be laptop ?
Re: Please Can Someone Recommend To Me A Low Budget Laptop For Coding by emmyN(m): 4:23am On Feb 11, 2022
qtguru:

Thinkpad no be laptop ?

What model and spec of the thinkpad goes for 80k? Just checked Jumia and I'm seeing prices upwards of 500k.
Re: Please Can Someone Recommend To Me A Low Budget Laptop For Coding by qtguru(m): 4:41am On Feb 11, 2022
emmyN:

What model and spec of the thinkpad goes for 80k? Just checked Jumia and I'm seeing prices upwards of 500k.

Those are the X series the T450 are alright, check jiji I have a plug if you want.

1 Like

Re: Please Can Someone Recommend To Me A Low Budget Laptop For Coding by emmyN(m): 4:48am On Feb 11, 2022
qtguru:

Those are the X series the T450 are alright, check jiji I have a plug if you want.

Okay, I've seen it, spec looks good. About your plug, I'll keep that in mind.
Re: Please Can Someone Recommend To Me A Low Budget Laptop For Coding by 2Radii: 5:20am On Feb 11, 2022
The5DME:
So, ThinkPads are fake laptops right?
qtguru:

Thinkpad no be laptop ?

No sir, dat is not wat i mean

Wat happens is dat i dont want it short and portable, i like those larger PCs

Oohhh, am sorry, since i heard pad i thot its one of those system that are like phones. I browsed it put now and i saw that its the exact type i want.
Re: Please Can Someone Recommend To Me A Low Budget Laptop For Coding by qtguru(m): 6:42am On Feb 11, 2022
2Radii:

No sir, dat is not wat i mean

Wat happens is dat i dont want it short and portable, i like those larger PCs

Oohhh, am sorry, since i heard pad i thot its one of those system that are like phones. I browsed it put now and i saw that its the exact type i want.

Yeah they last longer and you can use a thinkpad for years

This is what I use now

I used to use Predator cost me 350k and only lasted 2 hours I sold it cuz it was too big, charger itself big and the battery dies too fast

I bought a thinkpad for a friend recently for 70k
i5 4gb ram but he is not a developer, so for you just hit i5 8gb RAM (WebDev + Linux ) or 16gb (Mobile Development)

I used this Laptop in Interswitch for 4 years, it's the reason I bought it, They are built for business productivity and long life

2 Likes

Re: Please Can Someone Recommend To Me A Low Budget Laptop For Coding by 2Radii: 10:49am On Feb 11, 2022
qtguru:

This is what I use now

I used to use Predator cost me 350k and only lasted 2 hours I sold it cuz it was too big, charger itself big and the battery dies too fast

i5 4gb ram but he is not a developer, so for you just hit i5 8gb RAM (WebDev + Linux ) or 16gb (Mobile Development)

I used this Laptop in Interswitch for 4 years, it's the reason I bought it, They are built for business productivity and long life

Thanks boss, i am on my way to Ibadan now to get one (80 to 100k).

U said something like t450 series in one of ur reply to one bro here.
Re: Please Can Someone Recommend To Me A Low Budget Laptop For Coding by qtguru(m): 1:31pm On Feb 11, 2022
2Radii:

Thanks boss, i am on my way to Ibadan now to get one (80 to 100k).

U said something like t450 series in one of ur reply to one bro here.

Yes
Re: Please Can Someone Recommend To Me A Low Budget Laptop For Coding by cocoduck: 3:53pm On Feb 11, 2022
Any laptop that can run windows 10 is more than enough. Even is the laptop costs 10K. Wetin you dey code? Ps5 level graphics?
Re: Please Can Someone Recommend To Me A Low Budget Laptop For Coding by cocoduck: 3:55pm On Feb 11, 2022
Sheriman:
wrong
Re: Please Can Someone Recommend To Me A Low Budget Laptop For Coding by RuMiRgO1stSon: 9:16pm On Feb 11, 2022
Thanks guys, thanks for the wonderful tips and advises
Re: Please Can Someone Recommend To Me A Low Budget Laptop For Coding by 2Radii: 2:43pm On Feb 12, 2022
qtguru:

This is what I use now

hello baba, abeg come to my rescue.

I didn't see the levono thinkpad but i was offered hp elitebook folio 1040 G2 pls rate it for me

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Android Quiz App With Php And MYSQL Database / Please Is There A Place In Benin City Where Programmers Meet Everyday? / Show Me The Script To Automatically Refresh A Webpage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.