Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,898 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

Have Reverence For Spiritual Authority - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have Reverence For Spiritual Authority (1382 Views)

Honour Spiritual Authority / Ask For Spiritual Sight By Pastor Adeboye / Bishop Benenoch Is Divorcing His Wife For Spiritual Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have Reverence For Spiritual Authority by Joagbaje(m): 8:12pm On Jun 23, 2011
But these people insult powers they don’t know anything about…They have also rebelled against God, just as Korah did. Because of all this, they will be destroyed (Jude 1:10-11 CEV).

In Psalm 8:4-5, the Bible says

“What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visiteth him? For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.”

Here, the Hebrew word translated “angels” is “elohim,” the same word used for “God” in Genesis 1:1. So, this doesn’t refer to angels as many think, it actually means that man was made a little lower than God.

Also, in Genesis 5:1 (MSG), the Bible tells us:

“…When God created the human race, he made it godlike, with a nature akin to God.”

However, the man God created, Adam, committed high treason and lost his right to the world. The authority which Adam had was higher than that of the angels, because he was fashioned in the similitude of God. In his fall, he lost it to satan – the devil.

The story of the confrontation between arch angel Michael and satan is most inspiring. It highlights the importance of reverence for authority. When the arch angel Michael contended with satan over the body of Moses, he understood spiritual authority and dared not bring a railing accusation against satan, because at that time, satan was legally in possession of the adamic authority, which was higher than his. So the “Chief-angel” had to confront satan in the Name of Lord, a higher authority than that which satan wielded:

“Not even the chief angel Michael did this. In his quarrel with the Devil, when they argued about who would have the body of Moses, Michael did not dare condemn the Devil with insulting words, but said, the Lord rebuke you” (Jude 1:9 GNB).

When Miriam the prophetess spoke against Moses who wielded a higher spiritual authority, the Lord rebuked her and she became leprous (Numbers 12:1-10).Same with Korah, Dathan, Abiram and the two-hundred and fifty men who questioned Moses’ call! They were all destroyed (Numbers 16:31-35).

This is why it’s so important that you’re careful not to constitute yourself as a critic against God’s ministers or His Church. When such conversations are on, desist and leave such places. Don’t participate in such unwholesome talks:

“Who art thou that judgest another man’s servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall holden up: for God is able to make him stand” (Romans 14:4).

Psalm 105:15 says
“…Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm.”

Prayer
Dear Father, I keep my tongue and lips from transgressing against you through my comments about your leaders or the Church. Let my words be full of grace that they edify all that hear me, and strengthen their faith in you, your Word and ministry, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Matthew 8:9
For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.

Psalm 105:15
Saying, Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm

-pastor chris
Re: Have Reverence For Spiritual Authority by Enigma(m): 8:31pm On Jun 23, 2011
^^^ Brain-washing nonsense!
Re: Have Reverence For Spiritual Authority by dare2think: 8:46pm On Jun 23, 2011
How do you know these pastors are anointed?

Did God tell you he anointed them or did he anoint them in your presence?

What parameters do we "judge" the perceived anointed? Large crowd? Perfoming miracles on tv? show of wealth from these individuals?

Please someone explain to me, what qualities do the "anointed" possess before we conclude that they are anointed?

As children of God is the "touch not my anointed" not applicable to everyone rather than some purpoted ones who want to shy away from criticism and want to gain control of the minds of their "subjects" without wanting to be questioned?
Re: Have Reverence For Spiritual Authority by Joagbaje(m): 8:51pm On Jun 23, 2011
dare2think:

What parameters do we "judge" the perceived anointed? Large crowd? Perfoming miracles on tv? show of wealth from these individuals?

Please someone explain to me, what qualities do the "anointed" possess before we conclude that they are anointed?

As children of God is the "touch not my anointed" not applicable to everyone rather than some purpoted ones who want to shy away from criticism and want to gain control of the minds of their "subjects" without wanting to be questioned?
Re: Have Reverence For Spiritual Authority by mabell: 9:09pm On Jun 23, 2011
@dare2think,
Maybe you should say your own perception of what the anointing is.
And every child of God is anointed
Re: Have Reverence For Spiritual Authority by dare2think: 9:14pm On Jun 23, 2011
^^^^^

If I had a perception Mrs Mabell, I would have mentioned it, But I would not claim what I dont know. My question still remains the same hence the reason I asked.

So rather than reply me with another question, why dont you answer what was already asked or acknowlegde truthfully that you don't know.

So, pls indulge me.
Re: Have Reverence For Spiritual Authority by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jun 23, 2011
Luke 18:8
"However, when the Son of Man comes, will He find faith on the earth?"

Where are all these anointed men of God we have today whom no one is allow to speak the truth about, how could Jesus not have seen them?
Re: Have Reverence For Spiritual Authority by newmi(m): 9:34pm On Jun 23, 2011
Enigma:

Be more specific that would make more sense or what do you think
Re: Have Reverence For Spiritual Authority by newmi(m): 10:21pm On Jun 23, 2011
mabell:

@dare2think,
Maybe you should say your own perception of what the anointing is.
And every child of God is anointed
This is very simple
Luke 4:18
"The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to PREACH THE GOSPEL to the poor; he hath sent me TO HEAL the brokenhearted, TO PREACH the deliverance to the captives, and RECOVERING of sight to the blind, TO SET AT LIBERTY them that are bruised"
[/b]

The scriptures says ". . . because he hath ANOINTED me TO. . ." [b][/b]so we can notice and know the anointing is operative in the life of a person based on what it produces like what the bible says ". . . by their fruits we can know them. . ."[b]
We judge righteous judgements based on the parametres of the word of God.
Like what we fing in Acts 1:8
"But ye shall recieve power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth"
[b][/b]
"You shall recieve power. . . and you shall be witnesses"
The anointing is for doing, its for work the anointing is an empowerment and enablement for the work of witnessing we can identify the anointing at work on the grounds of what it produces according to Luke 4:18
Re: Have Reverence For Spiritual Authority by Ogaga4Luv(m): 10:29pm On Jun 23, 2011
[size=13pt]You're right my dear. . . . .I can see the poster is already brain~ washed and like , trying to drag others along with the so- called Christianity disturbance . grin grin

Well , i strongly believe he's just wasting his bible verses . . . cheesy cheesy cheesy wink
[/size]

Enigma:

Re: Have Reverence For Spiritual Authority by Joagbaje(m): 10:56pm On Jun 23, 2011
dare2think:

The word anointed has multiple use. It referes to an office ,it also refers to an empowerment .

If a man functions in an office . He is Gods  anointed by the virtue of that office. If a man receives ability ,empowerment ,a grace , it is also call an anointing. Jesus was the anointed (chosen one) that's an office . Even when he hadn't received an empowerment , he was the elect, anointed, but this anointing meant to be the chosen one. Later in life at the age of 30, he received an empowerment when he received the holyghost , the anointing came on him. So if someone functions in an office as a pastor for example , he is Gods anointed, this is by the virtue of the office he occupies.

I'm sure my answer above clears the second question.

It's about the office,not about the person .those who function in leadership are anointed by the virtue of that office.
Re: Have Reverence For Spiritual Authority by newmi(m): 3:59pm On Jun 24, 2011
Even the apostle Paul understood the importance of have reverence for Spiritual Authority
Acts 23:1-5
"And Paul, earnestly beholding the council, said, Men and brethren, l have lived in all good conscience before God until this day. And the high priest Ananias commanded them that stood by him to smite him on the mouth. Then said Paul unto him, God shall smite thee, thou whited wall: for sittest thou to judge me after the law, and commandest me to be smitten contrary to the law? And they that stood by said, Revilest thou God's high priest? Then said Paul, lwist not, brethren, that he was the high priest: for it is written, THOU SHALL NOT SPEAK EVIL OF THE RULER OF THY PEOPLE"

This is a very inetresting reference because the apostle Paul out of offence and anger spoke unsavoury to the high priest as a reaction to what the high priest had done but then almost immediately he realizes his wrong and regardless of who was wrong Paul swallowed his pride and claims simply because of what the word of God says and repented with an apology.
Re: Have Reverence For Spiritual Authority by dare2think: 4:42pm On Jun 24, 2011
Joagbaje:

The word anointed has multiple use. It referes to an office ,it also refers to an empowerment .

If a man functions in an office . He is Gods  anointed by the virtue of that office. If a man receives ability ,empowerment ,a grace , it is also call an anointing. Jesus was the anointed (chosen one) that's an office . Even when he hadn't received an empowerment , he was the elect, anointed, but this anointing meant to be the chosen one. Later in life at the age of 30, he received an empowerment when he received the holyghost , the anointing came on him. So if someone functions in an office as a pastor for example , he is Gods anointed, this is by the virtue of the office he occupies.

I am assuming this is your own definition. Can you expantiate your assertion that Jesus' appointment been an office. Did the Bible describe it as such?

"If someone functions in an office as a pastor, he is God's annointed". Really? just by the virtue of the office.  So, if an insidious mind decides to open a church with the sole purpose of deception and manipulation, such individual is God's appointed? Just beacuse he happens to head the church he created?

Pastor Odulele (molester), pastor Jim jones (mass murderer),Some pastor wife beater, some polygamous pastors, Pastor Tery Jones (hate instigator that caused the deaths of innocent people), the deceptive popes in the medeivel era and so on.

The guys above have been appointed by God just by the virtue of their "office" to cause misery to his children. REALLY??
Re: Have Reverence For Spiritual Authority by dare2think: 4:45pm On Jun 24, 2011
Joagbaje:

Sorry Joagbaje, your answer the not clear the question. For clarification this was what I asked.

"Did God tell you he anointed them or did he anoint them in your presence?"
Re: Have Reverence For Spiritual Authority by dare2think: 4:49pm On Jun 24, 2011
Joagbaje:

It's about the office,not about the person .those who function in leadership are anointed by the virtue of that office.

Is that what the bible said, "Its about the office"?

Again,"those who function in leadership are anointed by the virtue of that office" . Did the bible state this or is this your "own" assertion.?
Re: Have Reverence For Spiritual Authority by mazee: 4:57pm On Jun 24, 2011
dare2think:

Joagbaje:

The word anointed has multiple use. It referes to an office, it also refers to an empowerment .

It's about the office, not about the person. those who function in leadership are anointed by the virtue of that office.

Has nothing to do with the office but rather purpose and person

Anointing is for purpose, it is purpose driven

The purpose is constant and not a variable

It is the person that is the determining factor whether anointing stays or leaves

King Saul continued reigning even after the anointing has departed him

King Saul functioned in an "office" so was he still God's anointed by the virtue of that "office"?

King Saul continued functioning in leadership by virtue of the crown but without an anointing, is not it?

God must have gone soft. Samson was not that lucky

David was anointed, a king in waiting. Inspite of the anointing he did not become king until King Saul's death

Yes, Jesus was The Chosen One, The Anointed One and just like David too waited to do things properly

God is not a law breaker if it can be helped

Jesus was going through the motions. The empowerment was just a performance to follow the rules

John the Baptist knew this which is why he baulking from baptising Jesus

Jesus was purpose driven. He knew what He was on Earth for

Dont joke with the mob. The Mafia of the day. The pharisees and The Great Sanhedrin

It's not like nowadays that any Tom, D:ck, or Sally can set up church and start preaching just like that

There was the legal age, 30 part, which is what Jesus waited to be before going PLC

The pharisees and Sanhedrin would have caught Him out on it if otherwise

Sadly not all that function in an office, pastors for example, are God anointed.

The God anointing is not by virtue of an office or position occupeid.

Adam was spiritually dead but although the power had gone he still was able to hear God in the garden.

Some yesterday's pastors, have been known to live off a departed anointing's lingering or residual power and the congregation are none the wiser

[center]they love to be greeted in the marketplaces and to have men call them 'Rabbi.'[/center]
Re: Have Reverence For Spiritual Authority by Joagbaje(m): 10:52pm On Jun 24, 2011
@mazee

mazee:

Has nothing to do with the office but rather purpose and person

Anointing is for purpose, it is purpose driven.The purpose is constant and not a variable

It is the person that is the determining factor whether anointing stays or leaves

The anointing that "leaves" is an empowerment not the election. But that's children language because God doesn't take away what he gives,it is  men who walk away from grace through disobedience. But let's leave that for another time.

King Saul continued reigning even after the anointing has departed him
King Saul functioned in an "office" so was he still God's anointed by the virtue of that "office"?

Yes Saul in his backsliden state was still Gods anointed ,that's why David would not kill him. A spiritual man would not lift his hand against Gods anointed.

1 Samuel 26:7-9
7 So David and Abishai went to the army by night, and there Saul lay sleeping within the encampment with his spear stuck in the ground at his head; and Abner and the army lay round about him. 8 Then said Abishai to David, God has given your enemy into your hands this day. Now therefore let me smite him to the earth at once with one stroke of the spear, and I will not strike him twice. 9 David said to Abishai, Do not destroy him; for who can raise his hand against the Lord's anointed and be guiltless?

Even though Saul has been rejected spiritually, he still occupied an office. The respect is connected to the fact that he was still the king . Even in his backlisden state. Even when David had to cut the garment of  Saul Just to prove to him that "I could have killed you but I'm not after you". But he repented with tears just for touching that garment.

1 Samuel 24:4-6
4 David's men said to him, Behold the day of which the Lord said to you, Behold, I will deliver your enemy into your hands and you shall do to him as seems good to you. Then David arose [in the darkness] and stealthily cut off the skirt of Saul's robe. 5[b] Afterward, David's heart smote him because he had cut off Saul's skirt. 6 He said to his men, The Lord forbid that I should do this to my master, the Lord's anointed, to put my hand out against him, when he is the anointed of the Lord[/b].

So you see it's about the office . Even in the mans imperfection, you don't touch the anointed., God won't spare you. Because of the office. Remember the encounter of Paul with the high priest. Even though the high priest was wrong by slapping paul ,Paul had to apologise for insulting him back when he realised he was the high priest.

Acts 23:2-5
2 Instantly Ananias the High Priest commanded those close to Paul to slap him on the mouth.
3 Paul said to him, "God shall slap you, you whitewashed pigpen. What kind of judge are you to break the law yourself by ordering me struck like that?"
4 Those standing near Paul said to him, "Is that the way to talk to God's High Priest?"
5 "I didn't realize he was the High Priest, brothers," Paul replied, "for the Scriptures say, `Never speak evil of any of your rulers.'"

If God says "touch not the anointed" we should be wise enough to save our head. This is one of the mark of the carnal minded individuals. They make a sport of attacking the "touch nots"

. . . But these people insult powers they don’t know anything about…They have also rebelled against God, just as Korah did. Because of all this, they will be destroyed (Jude 1:10-11 CEV).

The only reason Jude in the new testament will relate their action to Korah is because it's the same spirt of Korah . The spirit hates spiritual leadership and despise them.
Re: Have Reverence For Spiritual Authority by KunleOshob(m): 9:48am On Jun 25, 2011
@Joagbaje
Is it right for a spiritual vagabond like Oyaks to claim spiritual authority just becos he functions in the office of a pastor he established himself for personal gain?
Re: Have Reverence For Spiritual Authority by Enigma(m): 11:58am On Jun 25, 2011
Joagbaje:

Like:

"Reverend" King
"Archbishop" Gilbert Deya
Robert Tilton
Peter Popoff
Todd Bentley
"Reverend" Douglas Goodman
"Bishop" Earl Paulk
"Pastor" Albert Odulele
"Bishop" Eddie Long

Why does this Joagbaje fellow insist on talking through his backside? Once any fool calls himself "pastor" (etc) and draws a crowd unto himself (like Oyakhilome) we must accept that they are anointed of God? Pull another one!
Re: Have Reverence For Spiritual Authority by mazee: 12:23pm On Jun 25, 2011
Enigma:

Like:

"Reverend" King
"Archbishop" Gilbert Deya
Robert Tilton
Peter Popoff
Todd Bentley
"Reverend" Douglas Goodman
"Bishop" Earl Paulk
"Pastor" Albert Odulele
"Bishop" Eddie Long

Why does this Joagbaje fellow insist on talking through his backside? Once any fool calls himself "pastor" (etc) and draws a crowd unto himself (like Oyakhilome) we must accept that they are anointed of God? Pull another one!

Joagbaje alert. Joagbaje, the most of times is 404. Clueless
I am not sure of the ". . . talking through his backside . . ." feat.
Wow! bet that would be a crowd puller if Joagbaje can talk through his backside
but anyway I've realised that he rabbits on with severe case of verbal diarrhoea

[center]"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act" - George Orwell[/center]
Re: Have Reverence For Spiritual Authority by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jun 25, 2011
Have reference for Spiritual authority is good,  but do you think false prophets and teachers,  liars and all those who twist the word of God to suit their LIES and fake counterfeit gospel deserve reverence ? I think not.

80% of so called Pastors and Prophets in Nigeria specifically are FALSE and it is only because of God's mercy that they are not  yet utterly consumed.
Re: Have Reverence For Spiritual Authority by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jun 25, 2011
frosbel:

Have reference for Spiritual authority is good,  but do you think false prophets and teachers,  liars and all those who twist the word of God to suit their LIES and fake counterfeit gospel deserve reverence ? I think not.

[b]80% of so called Pastors and Prophets in Nigeria specifically are FALSE and it is only because of God's mercy that they are not  yet utterly consumed.[/b]

Just 80%?---- I'll say 99.999% are false and God is their homeboy, he is in on the act. Why do you think they ascribe all the glory to him when the loot comes in? They have his permission to use his name to deceive.
Re: Have Reverence For Spiritual Authority by Joagbaje(m): 6:45pm On Jun 25, 2011
frosbel:

Have reference for Spiritual authority is good,

Let your sense ruled friends hear that because it's missing in their bible.

but do you think false prophets and teachers,  liars and all those who twist the word of God to suit their LIES and fake counterfeit gospel deserve reverence ? I think not.

And why do you think they are wrong and you are right?

80% of so called Pastors and Prophets in Nigeria specifically are FALSE and it is only because of God's mercy that they are not  yet utterly consumed.

what forms your statistics ? And who are the 20% standing ? What are their names  grin
Re: Have Reverence For Spiritual Authority by fyneguy: 7:45am On Jun 27, 2011
frosbel:

If you were in Paul's shoes, would you apologize to the high priest and why?
Re: Have Reverence For Spiritual Authority by nuella2(f): 8:11am On Jun 27, 2011
There is something i noticed abt critics. They do the worse at the backyard and make so much noice like they are perfect in the housetop. Everybody needs prayer to do the work of God weda pastor or a new convert cos its not by gragra o

(1) (Reply)

80 Babies In 5 Days!: Pastor Adeboye / I Left Christianity Because They Pray Too Much - Charly Boy Reveals / God Why??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.