Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,767 members, 7,809,957 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:47 PM

Bishop Benenoch Is Divorcing His Wife For Spiritual Reasons - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Benenoch Is Divorcing His Wife For Spiritual Reasons (22685 Views)

Uebert Angel Buys Lamborghini For His Wife For Valentine (Photos) / Why My Wife Is Divorcing Me” – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Finally Reveals / Ask For Spiritual Sight By Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bishop Benenoch Is Divorcing His Wife For Spiritual Reasons by r231(m): 5:40pm On Oct 05, 2012
The negative wind of marriage divorce sweeping across Nigeria has caught up with popular Lagos cleric, Bishop David Benenoch.
During a church service recently, Bishop David the Founding pastor of Communion Church, Lagos and the presiding Bishop of Communion Church Worldwide, announced the end of his marriage to his wife of 20 years and mother of his three children, Esther Benenoch.

Bishop David was said to have told members of his church he’s seeking for divorce from the mother of his children for spiritual reasons and didn’t give any more details to his stunned worshipers.

On the other hand, it was revealed that Esther is a blogger who has written so many articles on relationships, marriages, and she’s always written against divorce. So, the question is how does one who writes against divorce get so swallowed up in the problem of divorce that she couldn’t foresee, let alone avert the encroaching disaster?

http://247nigerianewsupdate.com/im-divorcing-my-wife-for-spiritual-reasons-bishop-david/

Re: Bishop Benenoch Is Divorcing His Wife For Spiritual Reasons by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:42pm On Oct 05, 2012
A relationship with God is one thing - with our fellow man another - you can't expect it to be perfect now can you?

1 Like

Re: Bishop Benenoch Is Divorcing His Wife For Spiritual Reasons by Ptolomeus(m): 6:14pm On Oct 05, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt: A relationship with God is one thing - with our fellow man another - you can't expect it to be perfect now can you?
Take responsibility for what you said.
Then accept the divorce, right? You are saying that.
The doublespeak of Christians is really tragic and comic!
A scoundrel preaches against divorce, but he argues "spiritual reasons" for divorce!. I think that Bishop (Bishop! Alto degree in Catholicism, right?. Why not call himself Pope?) Underestimates the rest of the people.
The immorality and lack of ethics leaves a single woman with three children, leaving three children without a father ...
Surely this "Bishop" preached against Satan, but has hehco an alliance with him ...
Everything is permissible for such frauds.
My respects.

11 Likes

Re: Bishop Benenoch Is Divorcing His Wife For Spiritual Reasons by mumumugu(m): 6:18pm On Oct 05, 2012
Pastor chris okotie own waz ireconcilable reasn.

Naw bishop own is spiritual reasn.

Dis pastors self

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Benenoch Is Divorcing His Wife For Spiritual Reasons by Ptolomeus(m): 6:41pm On Oct 05, 2012
mumumugu: Pastor chris okotie own waz ireconcilable reasn.

Naw bishop own is spiritual reasn.

Dis pastors self

That phony, spiritual adviser has been many fools ...
He himself has cluttered his life helping others?
Impossible!
Phooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooony!
Re: Bishop Benenoch Is Divorcing His Wife For Spiritual Reasons by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:54pm On Oct 05, 2012
Ptolomeus:
Take responsibility for what you said.
Then accept the divorce, right? You are saying that.
The doublespeak of Christians is really tragic and comic!
A scoundrel preaches against divorce, but he argues "spiritual reasons" for divorce!. I think that Bishop (Bishop! Alto degree in Catholicism, right?. Why not call himself Pope?) Underestimates the rest of the people.
The immorality and lack of ethics leaves a single woman with three children, leaving three children without a father ...
Surely this "Bishop" preached against Satan, but has hehco an alliance with him ...
Everything is permissible for such frauds.
My respects.

Makes you wonder how many versions of God exist right? one allows you to get a divorce, the other makes it an abomination and one does not give a hoot grin

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Benenoch Is Divorcing His Wife For Spiritual Reasons by Ptolomeus(m): 7:06pm On Oct 05, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt:

Makes you wonder how many versions of God exist right? one allows you to get a divorce, the other makes it an abomination and one does not give a hoot grin
Exactly brother!
You said it perfectly!
There are many versions of "god" as these shepherds have needs phonies ... And fools rush to offer their tithes!
Pffff ultimately, there are people who feel pleasure serving as slaves!

My respects dear friend!

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Benenoch Is Divorcing His Wife For Spiritual Reasons by Zodiac61(m): 9:38pm On Oct 05, 2012
The hypocrisy of these people is breathtaking.
They do not hesitate to accuse atheists or people who worship different gods of not having morals.
Then, they cannot even follow the requirements of their religion.
The only "spiritual reasons" recognised by Jesus is adultery.
The bish should disclose all - Is he accusing his wife of adultery?
As the fool has chosen to publicise what should be private, we need to know the truth.

6 Likes

Re: Bishop Benenoch Is Divorcing His Wife For Spiritual Reasons by Nobody: 10:41pm On Oct 05, 2012
hmnnn...maybe his wife is a WINCH

1 Like

Re: Bishop Benenoch Is Divorcing His Wife For Spiritual Reasons by reeeT(f): 10:44pm On Oct 05, 2012
:oIts so pathetic,a bishop leavin his wife for spiritual reasons.pastors indeed
Re: Bishop Benenoch Is Divorcing His Wife For Spiritual Reasons by Nobody: 10:44pm On Oct 05, 2012
Bishop David Benenoch, just like his name, smelt fake to me from the word go. I have no beaf against a man's hustle, but one has to really do a lot to convince us that he is worth eating from the Lord's Vineyard. What is the fvcking 'spiritual' reason for seeking divorce after 20 Years and 3 kids than to taste new punny of BB girls that swamp the churches of Christianity.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Benenoch Is Divorcing His Wife For Spiritual Reasons by olaayo105(m): 10:45pm On Oct 05, 2012
Okay means after 20 years we the followers should always divorce our wife for spiritual reason.God knows who and who that is serving him. Pastor need a cold fresh ladies.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Benenoch Is Divorcing His Wife For Spiritual Reasons by jide4lagos(m): 10:47pm On Oct 05, 2012
Na wa oooo. Pastors and divorce and na dem go dey tell us say make we come make dem pray for our marriage make e last forever.
Re: Bishop Benenoch Is Divorcing His Wife For Spiritual Reasons by acidtalk: 10:47pm On Oct 05, 2012
It battles and irritates me when some people keep shouting "man of God this, man of God that".
That this men managed to save a few peanuts and start a church and term themselves "general overseer" doesn't mean they are holier than thou.
It will baffle you (their congregation member) that you will make Heaven while that so called man of God you practically worshipped will rot in hell.

You cant just imagine the endless marriage counseling this man and his wife would have being doing for people.

WORD OF ADVISE : Put your trust (spiritual, financial, moral) in NO MAN except GOD.

5 Likes

Re: Bishop Benenoch Is Divorcing His Wife For Spiritual Reasons by DonaldGenes(m): 10:50pm On Oct 05, 2012
r231: The negative wind of marriage divorce sweeping across Nigeria has caught up with popular Lagos cleric, Bishop David Benenoch.
During a church service recently, Bishop David the Founding pastor of Communion Church, Lagos and the presiding Bishop of Communion Church Worldwide, announced the end of his marriage to his wife of 20 years and mother of his three children, Esther Benenoch.

Bishop David was said to have told members of his church he’s seeking for divorce from the mother of his children for spiritual reasons and didn’t give any more details to his stunned worshipers.

On the other hand, it was revealed that Esther is a blogger who has written so many articles on relationships, marriages, and she’s always written against divorce. So, the question is how does one who writes against divorce get so swallowed up in the problem of divorce that she couldn’t foresee, let alone avert the encroaching disaster?

http://247nigerianewsupdate.com/im-divorcing-my-wife-for-spiritual-reasons-bishop-david/

you nearly make my skin wanna jump out,,thought it was my Bishop David Oyedepo,abeg modify your post so as to clear the wrong impression
Re: Bishop Benenoch Is Divorcing His Wife For Spiritual Reasons by Ptolomeus(m): 10:51pm On Oct 05, 2012
Zodiac61: The hypocrisy of these people is breathtaking.
They do not hesitate to accuse atheists or people who worship different gods of not having morals.
Then, they cannot even follow the requirements of their religion.
The only "spiritual reasons" recognised by Jesus is adultery.
The bish should disclose all - Is he accusing his wife of adultery?
As the fool has chosen to publicise what should be private, we need to know the truth.

Excellent post!
They condemn the atheists, the traditionalists, Muslims!
They threaten all hell!
If there is a hell, that false bishop be roasted in it!
These pastors judge everyone else ... but the vast majority of them lack moral and ethics. Just think of the tithe, and live without working ...
They are immoral!
Re: Bishop Benenoch Is Divorcing His Wife For Spiritual Reasons by Insanity(m): 10:51pm On Oct 05, 2012
Laff wan make me divorce my wife...ROTFLMFAO!!!

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Benenoch Is Divorcing His Wife For Spiritual Reasons by acidtalk: 10:53pm On Oct 05, 2012
Donalð Genes:
you nearly make my skin wanna jump out,,thought it was my Bishop David Oyedepo,abeg modify your post so as to clear the wrong impression

your David Oyedipo is NO Angel.
He can also be caught in the divorce mess.
STOP LOOKING AT THIS MEN AS demigod. they are men with flesh and blood like you.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Benenoch Is Divorcing His Wife For Spiritual Reasons by onatisi(m): 10:54pm On Oct 05, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt: A relationship with God is one thing - with our fellow man another - you can't expect it to be perfect now can you?
what you wrote is complete trash.dont twist the bible ,practise what u preach,God said in the book of malachiand i quote "I HATE DIVORCE"it is not Gods will for couples to divorce
Re: Bishop Benenoch Is Divorcing His Wife For Spiritual Reasons by DonaldGenes(m): 10:57pm On Oct 05, 2012
reeeT: :oIts so pathetic,a bishop leavin his wife for spiritual reasons.pastors indeed
who knows there is more to it that we can envisage,The pastor himself knows why sha,i can't condemn my fellow human being,i can only nod my head like a lizard and shrugg off and go my way,every human being must pay for his deed on earth! That's my belief in life,doing good to others and loving God,that's all
Re: Bishop Benenoch Is Divorcing His Wife For Spiritual Reasons by pheesayor(m): 11:01pm On Oct 05, 2012
might on the ground of infedility, Heard their first child looks like their former gateman and the gateman has since been sent packing. a member of the church told me that is the rumour in the church right now
Re: Bishop Benenoch Is Divorcing His Wife For Spiritual Reasons by acidtalk: 11:05pm On Oct 05, 2012
pheesayor: might on the ground of infedility, Heard their first child looks like their former gateman and the gateman has since been sent packing. a member of the church told me that is the rumour in the church right now

Are you joking or you are serious?
Gateman of all people, when handsome bobo dem go dey the church.
Re: Bishop Benenoch Is Divorcing His Wife For Spiritual Reasons by wandeay: 11:05pm On Oct 05, 2012
no name wey dem no go use for church, 'communion church'
i tire oo, bsides, the bible mentions adultery as the only ground for divorce, am sure he jumped the portion while reading his bible,
Re: Bishop Benenoch Is Divorcing His Wife For Spiritual Reasons by DonaldGenes(m): 11:08pm On Oct 05, 2012
acidtalk:

your David Oyedipo is NO Angel.
He can also be caught in the divorce mess.
STOP LOOKING AT THIS MEN AS demigod. they are men with flesh and blood like you.
lol! You just sent me to the guffuws,nonetheless,let me be crystal clear, I didnt say i worship him,i worship the One True living God,i was just tryna emphasize the fact that i was sort of shocked when i saw David,
Re: Bishop Benenoch Is Divorcing His Wife For Spiritual Reasons by Mcfemad(m): 11:11pm On Oct 05, 2012
...and how does this affect us really? Its a purely a personal decision not public. The fact dat he is a bishop doesn't make him a saint or angel. What's really our business with a man divorcing his wife Some ppl don leave their own personal matter dey do Amebo for anoda pesin matter!
Re: Bishop Benenoch Is Divorcing His Wife For Spiritual Reasons by Nobody: 11:12pm On Oct 05, 2012
Well,we now know the real seekers of 72 Virgins.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Benenoch Is Divorcing His Wife For Spiritual Reasons by dannywest: 11:15pm On Oct 05, 2012
Add the surname of the Bishop David to the front page link and watch the interest plummet

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kukah To Buhari: Nigerians Didnt Vote You To Blame Jonathan / Is It A Sin For A Christian To Fight Back As A Self Defense? / I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.