Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,545 members, 7,823,390 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

Man Kills Friend Over Ludo Game . - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Kills Friend Over Ludo Game . (854 Views)

Man Stabs Friend Over 200 Naira Burial Levy In Onitsha...(graphic Pictures) / Trader Kills Friend Over N5,000 Electricity Bill (pictured) / Picture Of 33-yr-old Truck Driver Who Kills Friend Over Food (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Man Kills Friend Over Ludo Game . by HighChief4(m): 10:13pm On Jun 23, 2011
Policemen attached to Oke-Odo division have arrested a man for allegedly stabbing his friend to death during an argument over winner in a ludo game.

The incident, occurred at the 23-year-old suspect’s one-room apartment around pleasure area of Oke-Odo, at about 7.30pm last Sunday.

The suspect, Ismaila Adeniyi , stared at everyone as he was paraded before newsmen Monday at the Oduduwa Office of the Police Public Relations Officer, unsure of what was going to happen to him . When asked was in police net, he openly declared that he mistakenly sent his bosom friend to an unprepared grave the previous day during a scuffle over winner in a ludo game.

He claimed he was leading his friend whose identity he gave as Olu Afolabi , three -nil . But on the forth round, an argument, according to him, ensued when it became evident he was going to win again. The argument degenerated into fight during which he reportedly stabbed his friend, Afolabi, who died moments after reaching the Isolo general hospital.

However, some eyewitnesses told Crime Alert that efforts were made to dissuade the duo from engaging in the deadly fight when they saw them using dangerous weapons on themselves. “ it all started like a joke, first we saw them exchanging words like they were going to pull down a wall and afterwards, they started punching themselves like boxers and I and some members of their age group went after them and tried to stop the fight.

They were separated for a while, and I left the scene for my apartment. I don’t know what happened next but I heard people screaming at the top of their voices and rushed to see Olu lying still on the pool of his blood. It was like a dream and I’m still waiting to get over it”, Deji Olufowobi, a neighbour to the deceased stated during a visit at the scene.

Muyiwa Ajose, another eyewitness said “these men fought like they were not friends who were living in the same apartment. When I tried to separate them, they rather resorted to the use of sharp -edged broken bottles which they threw at their faces like gladiators in a battle front.

Then, I and others, backed out and left them to their fate. Moments later, I saw one of them writhing on the ground with blood streaming furiously out his abdomen. The other man he was fighting with ran away, but we had no other option than to rush the dying man to the hospital where he later gave up the ghost”.

In an emotional -laden voice, Ismaila in this interview, begged to be forgiven, regretting his action. Narrating, he said, “I never meant to kill him. I only stabbed him in self defence. We were playing ludo in my room Sunday, when all of a sudden , he started abusing me, calling me a mad person because I was leading . I then pushed him and before I knew it , he landed a blow across my face and we started fighting. That is how he used to behave any time one was leading him.

He picked up a bottle and broke it on my head and blood started gushing out. In retaliation and self defence, I picked my own bottle and stabbed him three times. It was at that moment that I realised I had done wrong. I never knew he would die as we rushed him first to a private hospital from where he was referred to Isolo general hospital, where we were told he was dead”

At this point, he bent his head , refusing to speak. When he raised it up, his eyes were filled with tears. Without directing his question at anybody in particular , he asked, “ does it mean I have killed somebody?

Recalling how he met Afolabi, the Kwara state-born suspect said, “ he was my best friend. We met when he joined me as an apprentice in in our master’s shop in Oke-Odo, years back. He was part of my family. In fact, I was told my mother fainted when she heard I had killed my friend. She was rushed to the hospital and I have not set my eyes on her. I regret my action. If I had known, I would not have stabbed him. I would have rushed out of my room. At least, it could have saved me all this trouble”

For the second time, he stopped for a moment, before continuing with an appeal to the bereaved family, particularly the late Afolabi’s mother . A last wish he begged to be granted him, should he be killed , is for the sum of N3,500 which he claimed to have managed to save all his life, to be given to his late friend’s mother. “ I know it will not bring back Afolabi . But let them use it to do one or two things concerning Afolabi’s burial. And if I do not come out of this alive, I will take it as my fate”, he said remorsefully.

Spokesman for the Lagos State Police Command, Mr Samuel Jinadu said the suspect would be charged with murder, advising youths to stop using dangerous objects to attack themselves as it could lead them to same trouble as Ismaila.
Re: Man Kills Friend Over Ludo Game . by Blesyn014(m): 10:24pm On Jun 23, 2011
God forbid bad tin, !!!!!

(1) (Reply)

4 Shot As Massob, Police Clash In Onitsha / US 'internet Scam Victim' Freed And Nigerians Arrested / Twin Brothers Fight Over 'turn To Sleep With' Shared Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.