Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,631 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:11 PM

Who Here Thinks Nollywood Has To Totally Clean Up Their Act? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Who Here Thinks Nollywood Has To Totally Clean Up Their Act? (820 Views)

Nollywood Has Released Another Soft Indecency Movie Titled "Days Of Sin" / Nollywood Has Come Again! / Nollywood Has Been Hijacked By Foreigners & TV Houses - Emeka Ike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Here Thinks Nollywood Has To Totally Clean Up Their Act? by vescucci(m): 4:01pm On Aug 01, 2007
I'm only being respectful of my country and some of my friends who actually enjoy Nollywood films. What I really think is that these pieces of crap that's supposed to pass as real films make me sick. They so suck that I'm beginning to feel hollow. I appreciate quality, that's why I'm not going to say they're all bad. There are still good stuff out there, like all Mainframe pictures (they're doing a good job), some few films like Dangerous Twins and Diamond Ring are just a teeny tiny few that are worth my rating. First of all, we don't appreciate the art of making films. It should not be seen as just a money making venture, or how else will you explain the making of a movie in just 2 weeks! (I actually saw Shan George the TV programme Nollywood complaining about the time wastage by one foreigner that they invited to make a movie with them. Guess how long is too long? 11 days! That's simply pitiful). Another problem is that our literary society is largely non-existant. Nobody reads anything anymore, so how the hell do you want anybody to write. All ideas of these films comes from a script writer or something and not from good books. In as much as I think it is lame to copy Hollywood in respect to lingua and intonation and ideas, I also think we should take a cue from them as regards quality and input. And TIME! We spin out an average of a movie per day in this country, and I'm sure I'm playing it down. Worthy of mention is the fact that the actors aren't that bad, in fact they're pretty good and I'm sure they'll perform better with more incentives. For now, all they're making is a little money (maybe not so little) plus a lot of fame. Ideas are draining that's why Nollywood films are just the same old sweet in a different wrapper. I'm glad I'm not a fan of these movies or how would I be able to keep track of them all? I am not somebody trying to be what I'm not, as I'm sure some Nollywood advocates will almost be losing their hats now, but I can not pay for little minded nonsense just so I can be viewed as, what, Patriotic? I'm saying all this because I love Naija my country. So Nollywood put more heart and soul into your productions and maybe a little reduction in the numbers you make, so we can have stuff to look forward to. I could go on and on but, ow, my fingers hurt!
Re: Who Here Thinks Nollywood Has To Totally Clean Up Their Act? by chiogo(f): 1:17am On Aug 04, 2007
hey, u took d words right out of my mouth. anywayz, there's nothin' u can really do about the above mentioned. am pissed too, trust me but what can i do! The main problem with naija movies is plagiarism, always copyin'. it's really pitiful. so, i don't even bother watchin' them anymore. been long i saw one. The only time u see a nice movie, u end up findin' out it was an imitation of a previous foreign movie u've seen before. that's just creepy. They're provin' that they can't come up with anythin' nice unless it's copied from america, etc.lol, u sound really mad. best thin' to do is stop watchin' them!!! undecided

(1) (Reply)

True Definition Of "down But Not Out" / Got Questions About Any Cartoons,comics E.t.c? Ask It Here / Ghanaian Movies On The Rise.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.