Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,008 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

I Foresaw Nnaji As Power Minister Since February – Monarch - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Foresaw Nnaji As Power Minister Since February – Monarch (517 Views)

Diesel Price Drops As Power Supply Improves / Power Minister Sacks Olorunsogo Power Plant’s CEO / I Foresaw Prof. Nnaji As Power Minister Since February – Igbo Monarch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Foresaw Nnaji As Power Minister Since February – Monarch by ZnO: 6:39am On Jun 24, 2011
I foresaw Nnaji as power minister since February – Igbo monarch
From Our reporter
Friday, June 24, 2011

More Stories on This Section

The foremost traditional ruler in Igboland, Eze Obidiegwu Onyesoh, has said he foresaw the appointment of Prof. Bart Nnaji as the minister of power four months ago. “It  was clear to me as early as four months ago that he was certainly the best man for the job,” said Onyesoh, the traditional ruler of Nri, the cradle of Igbo civilisation, in a statement issued yesterday in Awka, the Anambra State capital.

“This was why we honoured Prof. Nnaji with the traditional title of Akajioku of Igboland as part of the ceremony to mark the 1012th Igbo year and the beginning of a new planting season. “But at the conferment ceremony proper on Saturday, February 19, before a mammoth crowd in my place, which included included ambassadors and high commissioners from Venezuela, The Gambia, Sierra Leone, Congo and elsewhere, I was directed by the Spirit to change the title to Akajioku of Nigeria, which I complied with immediately to the hearing and applause of all who were present.”

Akajioku means the torch or light bearer. Onyesoh, an American-trained engineer, praised President Goodluck Jonathan for nominating Nnaji to serve as a member of the federal cabinet about to be formed.
“Much as it is the exclusive prerogative of His Excellency, the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, to assign portfolios to his ministers as he deems fit,” stated the traditional ruler, “Nigerians will appreciate it very much if Nnaji is made the minister of power.”

Continuing, he said, “the president has a clear vision of what he wants in the electric power sector and the person with the knowledge, integrity, industry and commitment to drive the implementation of the vision as contained in the Road Map for Power Sector Reform launched in Lagos last August 26 and in the Electric Power Sector Reform Act of 2005.”

He said the president must have found Prof. Nnaji exceedingly impressive in the last one year in the performance of duties as special adviser to the president on power and the chairman of the presidential task force on power as well as a member of the Presidential Action Committee on Power headed by the president himself.

Describing Nnaji as a formidable torch bearer in the country, the traditional ruler commended President Jonathan for heeding the advice of Nigerian engineers that the Ministry of Power be headed, for the first time, by a tested and proven power sector professional.
Re: I Foresaw Nnaji As Power Minister Since February – Monarch by ZnO: 6:39am On Jun 24, 2011
lol This Igwe is Joseph the dreamer whose dreams came to pass, anyways
Re: I Foresaw Nnaji As Power Minister Since February – Monarch by Nobody: 6:41am On Jun 24, 2011
Can someone move this thread to tribalism section or Religion section, even.

Joke section might be too far-fetched, but still a possibility.

(1) (Reply)

Why Dont We Read In Nigeria / Port Harcourt. This Special Is For You. / ASAP Contact Me ,i Need Waste Material From Demolish Building

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.