Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,466 members, 7,833,591 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

What Happens When You Whistle At Night? - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Happens When You Whistle At Night? (21856 Views)

African Science: This Is What Happens When A Virgin Girl Jump Over A Horse... / Opobo: Town Where Keeping Dogs, Noise Making At Night Are Forbidden / Watch What Happens When Black People Walk On Streets Of China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happens When You Whistle At Night? by Nobody: 11:48am On Feb 11, 2022
wonder233:
Nothing happens. Is it the same world we live in that the whites live in? They have none of these limiting superstitious religious and cultural beliefs and are making rapid progress, while down here, we are bogged down by all the various things we "believe in".
This is 2022, I nor believe in anything again. Make everything gettat

Of course, it is the same world we are all living with the whites. When I went to study in the U.S I was curious to ask why the number 13 is a very much avoided number. I noticed that the number is most of the time skipped in public. Like Hotel room number, plane and bus seats, house street number and many more. The answer I got from White folks was that number 13 means BAD LUCK . grin

grin Even yet whites are still celebrating Halloween in this "21st century". The celebration of witches and wizards is still a big deal with white folksgrin

Do know that films like Merlin, Lord of the rings, Harry Potter and so many have hit high on box office. Can you explain why such ritual superstitious films get such generous trend among White people?

THE INFERIORITY COMPLEX BY SOME BLACKS LIKE YOU HAVE EXPRESSED CANNOT BE OVER EMPHASIZED.

The simple explanation to what is being tagged as superstition, not whistling at night was use as a deterrent in maintaining an atmosphere of solitude at night in the past. It is wisdom inclined.
Re: What Happens When You Whistle At Night? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Feb 11, 2022
Blackman7:
Nothing

Plastic surgery is no more expensive my guy grin

Re: What Happens When You Whistle At Night? by Davemarine: 12:52pm On Feb 11, 2022
Codebite:
Africans are the worst when it comes to all these superstitious beliefs ...
Nothing like Vudu,
Nothing like juju
Nothing like ghosts
Nothing like witches and wizards
They are all lies told to help Africans explain what they can't prove.

If these things really existed, how come we can't use them to our benefit and become the next wakanda county

Re: What Happens When You Whistle At Night? by abeliver: 1:10pm On Feb 11, 2022
Codebite:
Nothing like Vudu,
Nothing like juju
Nothing like ghosts

If these things really existed, how come we can't use them to our benefit and become the next wakanda county

just because u never see am no mean say e no exist...
Re: What Happens When You Whistle At Night? by wonder233: 3:14pm On Feb 11, 2022
All of you are queueing up to chorus "whites have superstition of 13th floor and other nonentities, then conclude with a sermon of inferiority complex.
Let me address this:
To the whites, those things are at best whimsical, fun, light-hearted, what we call cruise over here.
To us, it is serious business, lives depend on it,
how many people have lost their lives over issues bordering on tradition beliefs and associated sentiments, how many have been maimed, properties destroyed, deprived and all that? Are you not still paying bride price as a "proud African" that you are? You will defend it with your life as your "culture". Yet it is nothing more than a slave practice during the era man lived like a savage. But do you even know that to start with? No you don't. Why? Because you can't even try to examine the world you live in, others do and they set the pace, while you merely follow, beating your empty chest in false bravado and empty pride that you have a " tradition and culture", that you're somebody. The truth is you are nobody, you're nothing.
Blablamalala:

Of course, it is the same world we are all living with the whites. When I went to study in the U.S I was curious to ask why the number 13 is a very much avoided number. I noticed that the number is most of the time skipped in public. Like Hotel room number, plane and bus seats, house street number and many more. The answer I got from White folks was that number 13 means BAD LUCK . grin

grin Even yet whites are still celebrating Halloween in this "21st century". The celebration of witches and wizards is still a big deal with white folksgrin

Do know that films like Merlin, Lord of the rings, Harry Potter and so many have hit high on box office. Can you explain why such ritual superstitious films get such generous trend among White people?

THE INFERIORITY COMPLEX BY SOME BLACKS LIKE YOU HAVE EXPRESSED CANNOT BE OVER EMPHASIZED.

The simple explanation to what is being tagged as superstition, not whistling at night was use as a deterrent in maintaining an atmosphere of solitude at night in the past. It is wisdom inclined.

Re: What Happens When You Whistle At Night? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Feb 11, 2022
wonder233:
All of you are queueing up to chorus "whites have superstition of 13th floor and other nonentities, then conclude with a sermon of inferiority complex.
Let me address this:
To the whites, those things are at best whimsical, fun, light-hearted, what we call cruise over here.
To us, it is serious business, lives depend on it,
how many people have lost their lives over issues bordering on tradition beliefs and associated sentiments, how many have been maimed, properties destroyed, deprived and all that? Are you not still paying bride price as a "proud African" that you are? You will defend it with your life as your "culture". Yet it is nothing more than a slave practice during the era man lived like a savage. But do you even know that to start with? No you don't. Why? Because you can't even try to examine the world you live in, others do and they set the pace, while you merely follow, beating your empty chest in false bravado and empty pride that you have a " tradition and culture", that you're somebody. The truth is you are nobody, you're nothing.

From my experience and as privileges I still enjoy working across the globe, coming across people of different races . I can boldly tell you every people have their superstitious belief. The number 13 as believe to attract BAD LUCK is not a black man's making but White.

Whites too have superstitious beliefs.

An example is the Halloween I had mentioned. grin Why should it still matter in this day and age?

You see most of you who talk little about yourselves because you despise being Black have hardly lived outside Black folks. You don't have first hand knowledge about the whites that you adore.

What is the essence the Halloween? You think it can be scrapped without a serious fight put forward for its sustainability? It's belief is still very much affirmed in this 21 century by some "believers" despite being guised. But since it is whites doing such a celebration it can be tag "To the whites, those things are at best whimsical, fun, light-hearted, what we call cruise over here". Even when it is evident all kinds of occultism in Europe and America which is but practices of "tradition and culture".

WHAT IS IT ABOUT THIS INFERIORITY COMPLEX WITH SOME BLACK FOLKS.

Re: What Happens When You Whistle At Night? by IamSainted(m): 3:50pm On Feb 11, 2022
Codebite:
Nothing like Vudu,
Nothing like juju
Nothing like ghosts

You are wrong on many counts.
What you have no knowledge. You don't dispute it.
Re: What Happens When You Whistle At Night? by kafeii123: 3:59pm On Feb 11, 2022
If you whistle at night.....ghosts...demons and snakes will spend their night with you in your room
Re: What Happens When You Whistle At Night? by IamSainted(m): 4:01pm On Feb 11, 2022
Franking:

Ur forefathers were ignorant bushmen that knew nothing.

If I can't see it then it doesn't exist.

I bet u are a christian, that's all y'all know. Living in bondage.
Your comment reeks of colossal ignorance.
It is not everything your eyes have the ability to detect, even though such phenomenon is near you.
Re: What Happens When You Whistle At Night? by IamSainted(m): 4:17pm On Feb 11, 2022
chival:

I even forgot this one. I've listed a few American superstitious beliefs as well.
You have some commendable knowledge about the whites and their traditions even the archaic ones.
Why is it that most people shun African history in school?
Re: What Happens When You Whistle At Night? by MrMacinterchi1: 4:45pm On Feb 11, 2022
wonder233:
Nothing happens. Is it the same world we live in that the whites live in? They have none of these limiting superstitious religious and cultural beliefs and are making rapid progress, while down here, we are bogged down by all the various things we "believe in".
the whites have their own superstition, sire

1 Like

Re: What Happens When You Whistle At Night? by Ameduedwin: 5:58pm On Feb 11, 2022
Nothing will happen, in old in day of our father as a pegan our father bringing home different kind of juju juju to worship, those law drive from rule and regulations guiding those juju so if ur family or ur community happen to have that kind of juju they will proclaim those law to all the family or The community to abide with, if other community now heard about it,it looks as if it is norm in every were. my pinions.
Re: What Happens When You Whistle At Night? by InoGetJoy: 7:02pm On Feb 11, 2022
wonder233:
the same whites believe that if you step on a crack you'll break your mother's back. They also believe if a black cat crosses your path you'll have bad luck.
I hope you now realise how silly you sounded
Re: What Happens When You Whistle At Night? by wonder233: 9:05pm On Feb 11, 2022
They don't believe in them enough to be killing themselves over them or for who wins their elections to be determined by them or determine how they get.married or spend their lives praying and fasting over things they could have solved with mere common sense. Those things are mere cruise for them. When they have serious things to do, they discard them, but for you, those things control your life. So stfu and get off my mention vapid imp
InoGetJoy:
the same whites believe that if you step on a crack you'll break your mother's back. They also believe if a black cat crosses your path you'll have bad luck.
I hope you now realise how silly you sounded
Re: What Happens When You Whistle At Night? by l0uie(m): 10:41pm On Feb 11, 2022
So, I just whistled. Would give you all feedback if anything sup.

UPDATE!!!

Nothing sup yet, but my lips didn't make contact with each other. Stay tuned!
Re: What Happens When You Whistle At Night? by Franking: 12:43am On Feb 12, 2022
IamSainted:

Your comment reeks of colossal ignorance.
It is not everything your eyes have the ability to detect, even though such phenomenon is near you.

Give an example and stop talking trash. Colonial mentality.
Re: What Happens When You Whistle At Night? by Franking: 12:45am On Feb 12, 2022
Athemisia:

Hahaha cheesy....
The bold writings got me laughing.
Only a dead will request to see before they believe. From this day onwards you will see the other realms.....

U can believe whatever u hear that's ur business. As for me, if there's no evidence then adonbelivit.
Re: What Happens When You Whistle At Night? by InoGetJoy: 6:37am On Feb 12, 2022
wonder233 post=110152329:
They don't believe in them enough to be killing themselves over them or for who wins their elections to be determined by them or determine how they get.married or spend their lives praying and fasting over things they could have solved with mere common sense
. Those things are mere cruise for them. When they have serious things to do, they discard them, but for you, those things control your life. So stfu and get off my mention vapid imp

I didn't insult you so I wonder why you're insulting me. What rubbish are you talking about @the bolded?
So because the whites are involved you know term it "mere cruise" but when your tribesmen so it it's bad. It's people like you who castigate masquerades but encourage Halloween. You say witches don't exist but you hail Harry Potter series and the others.
Anyways, anyhow you look at it you're still African and the only solution is to kii yourself. I mean, you'll always be a part of the heritage you hate so much so why don't you just end it all?
Re: What Happens When You Whistle At Night? by wonder233: 7:15am On Feb 12, 2022
At the end of the day you ended up saying NOTHING. Meaningless phrases like "heritage", "tradition", " culture" are what you have used to limit yourselves down here for ages. Then you run like homeless puppies to climes where they don't hesitate to examine and discard anything they feel makes no sense. Aren't you ashamed? To even show how shallow you are, you're comparing Halloween and masquerade. Halloween is pure cruise, people get costumes, give kids candy. Are masqurades not regarded as actual spirit beings and really believed as such? Go to the east and give me a report. I stay at sangotedo, and I know for certain in western nigeria the masquerade is no joke, in ikorodu, people know humans are actually sacrificed for the masquerade, hence the fear not to go out during the ceremony. In benin nko where I was born and brought up, don't even go there. Look, please just go and sit down somewhere. This you're "African" b.s you're telling me...oga, I'm just a human being effecting my own change where I can, the rest of you can keep groping in the dark
InoGetJoy:

I didn't insult you so I wonder why you're insulting me. What rubbish are you talking about @the bolded?
So because the whites are involved you know term it "mere cruise" but when your tribesmen so it it's bad. It's people like you who castigate masquerades but encourage Halloween. You say witches don't exist but you hail Harry Potter series and the others.
Anyways, anyhow you look at it you're still African and the only solution is to kii yourself. I mean, you'll always be a part of the heritage you hate so much so why don't you just end it all?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Saadu Haliru: Emir Of Lafiagi Is Dead / Five Things We Must Stop Doing As Nigerians / Thanksgiving Service Of Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, In Edo Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.