Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

What Happens When You Whistle At Night? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Happens When You Whistle At Night? (21766 Views)

African Science: This Is What Happens When A Virgin Girl Jump Over A Horse... / Opobo: Town Where Keeping Dogs, Noise Making At Night Are Forbidden / Watch What Happens When Black People Walk On Streets Of China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happens When You Whistle At Night? by Princeton92(m): 11:05pm On Feb 10, 2022
I hear about superstitions saying that it's bad for one to whistle at night, some say you invite spirits and others say you bring bad luck....
What's your own take on this?

4 Likes

Re: What Happens When You Whistle At Night? by 2special(m): 11:09pm On Feb 10, 2022
Snake will come out

87 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happens When You Whistle At Night? by Sleyk: 11:19pm On Feb 10, 2022
2special:
Snake will come out

Lala will hear you.

76 Likes

Re: What Happens When You Whistle At Night? by Iamvetlander(m): 6:11am On Feb 11, 2022
The only thing that happens when you whistle at night is your lips not touching each other.

156 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Happens When You Whistle At Night? by iamyemiakins(m): 6:11am On Feb 11, 2022
You will see snake agwo and run mgbawa oso grin

17 Likes

Re: What Happens When You Whistle At Night? by wonder233: 6:12am On Feb 11, 2022
Nothing happens. Is it the same world we live in that the whites live in? They have none of these limiting superstitious religious and cultural beliefs and are making rapid progress, while down here, we are bogged down by all the various things we "believe in".
This is 2022, I nor believe in anything again. Make everything gettat

166 Likes 13 Shares

Re: What Happens When You Whistle At Night? by jaydeevaa(f): 6:13am On Feb 11, 2022
I don't think anything happens

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happens When You Whistle At Night? by ecolime(m): 6:13am On Feb 11, 2022
Absolutely nothing

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happens When You Whistle At Night? by rocknation62(m): 6:13am On Feb 11, 2022
A mere superstition for us as kids then to behave ourselves!

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happens When You Whistle At Night? by Codebite: 6:13am On Feb 11, 2022
Africans are the worst when it comes to all these superstitious beliefs ...
Nothing like Vudu,
Nothing like juju
Nothing like ghosts
Nothing like witches and wizards
They are all lies told to help Africans explain what they can't prove.

If these things really existed, how come we can't use them to our benefit and become the next wakanda county

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Happens When You Whistle At Night? by Dinisu(m): 6:14am On Feb 11, 2022
U dey call thief

3 Likes

Re: What Happens When You Whistle At Night? by samso247(m): 6:14am On Feb 11, 2022
My mom usually beat me for that. She said whistling at night draws out snake. Chaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, superstition. But, funny enough, I still live with that fear

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happens When You Whistle At Night? by Iamvetlander(m): 6:14am On Feb 11, 2022
Dinisu:
U dey call thief

grin

23 Likes

Re: What Happens When You Whistle At Night? by Bridget95(f): 6:14am On Feb 11, 2022
The night is for wrestling with evil forces of satan over your blessings in prayer.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Happens When You Whistle At Night? by Wang1tang: 6:14am On Feb 11, 2022
What ever you believe will happen.

3 Likes

Re: What Happens When You Whistle At Night? by TyroneP(m): 6:14am On Feb 11, 2022
Traditional Mythology
Princeton92:
I hear about superstitions saying that it's bad for one to whistle at night, some say you invite spirits and others say you bring bad luck....
What's your own take on this?

2 Likes

Re: What Happens When You Whistle At Night? by treatise: 6:14am On Feb 11, 2022
I was never told the consequences of whistling at night whilst growing up in my village but was warned to never try it.
Re: What Happens When You Whistle At Night? by alfred007(m): 6:15am On Feb 11, 2022
Nothing
Re: What Happens When You Whistle At Night? by WowSweetGuy(m): 6:15am On Feb 11, 2022
Ogun fit murder u if u do so especially around 2.30am midnight

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Happens When You Whistle At Night? by MosiPeterz(m): 6:15am On Feb 11, 2022
Ojuju calabar will visit you at night. grin

1 Like

Re: What Happens When You Whistle At Night? by Maxymilliano(m): 6:15am On Feb 11, 2022
Lol .. Way back then, I was told whistling at night attract snakes
Re: What Happens When You Whistle At Night? by Iamvetlander(m): 6:15am On Feb 11, 2022
Bridget95:
The night is for wrestling with evil force over your blessings in prayer.
grin grin

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happens When You Whistle At Night? by Michelle70(m): 6:15am On Feb 11, 2022
No try am o, witch go slap ur mouth go one side

6 Likes

Re: What Happens When You Whistle At Night? by farem: 6:15am On Feb 11, 2022
At the mention of snake � in this irrelevant thread is shot to the fp.
Just mention snake, bum etc your thread is assured of a place in this 'aljanna'
Re: What Happens When You Whistle At Night? by rajiedreez: 6:16am On Feb 11, 2022
Nothing
Re: What Happens When You Whistle At Night? by Fremantle: 6:16am On Feb 11, 2022
Grew up being told whistling at night is bad, that if u whistle u attract snakes, and since I'm not a fan of those creepy crawlers, the stories stuck with me till my adulthood.

I sometimes stop friends from whistling around me at night, and when they ask why? I'll just tell them it's bad to whistle at night.

But presently I whistle anytime, I even whistled last night to a song without any problems.

3 Likes

Re: What Happens When You Whistle At Night? by rocknation62(m): 6:16am On Feb 11, 2022
WowSweetGuy:
Ogun fit murder u if u do so especially around 2.30am midnight

No be only Ogun, na Abeokuta

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happens When You Whistle At Night? by setobaba: 6:16am On Feb 11, 2022
Lala will come around
Re: What Happens When You Whistle At Night? by PROPEACE: 6:16am On Feb 11, 2022
Why is this vsilly thread fp
Worthy?

1 Like

Re: What Happens When You Whistle At Night? by DesChyko: 6:16am On Feb 11, 2022
You will soon stop it out of pain because your lips can't whistle for so so long or out of hunger if you haven't eaten that night.
Re: What Happens When You Whistle At Night? by Passionate888: 6:16am On Feb 11, 2022
Nothing
Re: What Happens When You Whistle At Night? by prigoz(m): 6:17am On Feb 11, 2022
When I was a small boy, my father used to tell us that if you whistled at night, you were inviting demon, but when I used whistle to call my girlfriend friend, I didn't remember those things. Children on nowadays don't dear anything. So it is a mere superstitious believe.
Pls have a blissful day for good and legit hustlers out there but bad weekend for evil minded people,

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Clash Of Tradition And Christianity In Ekukunela / Ayiri Emami Asks IGP To Investigate Alleged Stealing Of Olu Of Warri’s Crown / Do You Smoke Igbo? (Marijuana Or Weed)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.