Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? (45057 Views)

What Kind Of Food Can A Slim Girl Eat To Gain Weight? / What Foods Do I Eat To Gain Weight. / Foods 2 Eat 2 Gain Weight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? by lonard: 5:53pm On Aug 03, 2011
I have search from many web sites related to your post, I found many result, Fruits, chocolate, milk, healthy food items can help to gain weight, Banana is very important for this.
Re: What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? by dont8(m): 11:19pm On Aug 03, 2011
Wallie:

If you do between 200-300 push ups per day, you'd be surprised how big and defined your chest and triceps will become.
Thanks Wallie,but must it be 200 at a go or one can do it 100 in the morning,100 at night.And what is the implication of fasting on someone that is slim and is observing fasting (30 days)?
Re: What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? by DisGuy: 11:23am On Aug 04, 2011
Press up will only help you chest and biceps and perhaps some strength,
do different variations of press ups, put your legs up on a chair/bench
to be honest you wil get bored

Do squats, legs raises, dips with a bench or sofa

PS: there are so many advice here that don't suit the Nigerian 'context' people just ripping up stuff from the internet
Re: What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? by aribisala0(m): 12:08pm On Aug 04, 2011
the guy said he wants to put on weight not become MR UNIVERSE .
at any rate muscle growth doesn't equal weight gain rather the reverse in many cases
Re: What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? by DisGuy: 12:24pm On Aug 04, 2011
aribisala0:

at any rate muscle growth doesn't equal weight gain rather the reverse in many cases

Muscles mass is better than fat mass, muscle is weight too you know!

If you are going to be eating 6 times a day you wouldnt want to have a beer belly just because you want to put on weight- if you are putting on weight without increasing your lung capacity or strength you will feel the effect
and exercise makes you eat a lot, hence the fitness regime advise
Re: What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? by aribisala0(m): 1:10pm On Aug 04, 2011
in what way is muscle mass better please enlighten me.
no i did not know .i always assumed muscle was weightless .THANKS!!!
Re: What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? by GeorgeD1(m): 5:47pm On Aug 04, 2011
abeg allow the poster to grow pot belly joooo! after all, weight na weight! grin
Re: What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? by DisGuy: 5:55pm On Aug 04, 2011
aribisala0:

in what way is muscle mass better please enlighten me.
no i did not know .i always assumed muscle was weightless .THANKS!!!

aribisala0:

glad to enlighten you sarcastic black azz!! grin

Fat or muscle which is better?
Re: What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? by aribisala0(m): 6:04pm On Aug 04, 2011
better for what ?
fingers or toes which are better ?
pencils on pens which are better?
if you have nothing to say .,.,.,.,.,.,
Re: What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? by DisGuy: 6:18pm On Aug 04, 2011
physical activities, physique, posture tongue

playing smart looking more.,.,.,.,.,.
Re: What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? by aribisala0(m): 6:31pm On Aug 04, 2011
so let us agree muscle is better for WHOM IT MAY CONCERN not
EVERYONE
e.g Sumo wrestlers
Re: What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? by DisGuy: 6:38pm On Aug 04, 2011
aribisala0:

so let us agree muscle is better for WHOM IT MAY CONCERN  not
[b]EVERYONE
[/b]
e.g Sumo wrestlers

hey am [b]20 yrs male and my weight is 55 i want to gain atleast 8kg weight wht diet should i follow to do it as soon as possible, [/b]
Thought this thread was about the OP and others that want to gain healthy weight; not for s sumo wrestlers

Yea lets agree playing smart doesn't fit you mate  cool
Re: What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? by aribisala0(m): 6:56pm On Aug 04, 2011
Dis Guy:

Thought this thread was about the OP and others that want to gain healthy weight; not for s sumo wrestlers

Yea lets agree playing smart doesn't fit you mate  cool

i have queried the definition of "healthy" earlier on what authority do you pronounce that sumo wrestlers are not healthy .
i am advising him to gain weight by fat and fluid retention and you claim muscle is "better and healthier" where is the evidence .
i also said that increasing muscle mass (often associated with fat loss) doesn't necessarily =weight gain quite often the reverse occurs and the final point  is a well developed pectoral e.g. or other  well defined  muscle as observed from the outside  could  bbe 50% fat embedded in the muscle  tissue  as seen  when the individual ages or stops training. this is all rather basic histology and it is clear you are just rabble
unless the poster is taking steroids or is severely malnourished how will he gain 15% body weight in muscle in the time stated
the correct english word is "suit" not "fit".
Re: What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? by DisGuy: 8:10pm On Aug 04, 2011
aribisala0:

i have queried the definition of "healthy" earlier on what authority do you pronounce that sumo wrestlers are not healthy .
i am advising him to gain weight by fat and fluid retention and you claim muscle is "better and healthier" where is the evidence .
i also said that increasing muscle mass (often associated with fat loss) doesn't necessarily =weight gain quite often the reverse occurs and the final point  is a well developed pectoral e.g. or other  well defined  muscle as observed from the outside  could  bbe 50% fat embedded in the muscle  tissue  as seen  when the individual ages or stops training. this is all rather basic histology and it is clear you are just rabble
unless the poster is taking steroids  or is severely  malnourished how will he gain 15% body weight in muscle in the time stated
the correct english word is "suit" not "fit".

My response have been largely in response to those advising him to go for burgers/junk and alcohol star beer until you replied after my comment with your mr universe wisecrack

commonsensical authority mate!!
sumo wrestlers are not healthy if they just a 20 year old that wants to gain weight, sumo wrestler wont come to a largely Nigerian forum to ask these question

what time was stated by the Op Mr GP? I have given my comments based on personal experience

Shallom to you ping pong comments
Re: What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? by aribisala0(m): 9:07pm On Aug 04, 2011
Dis Guy:

My response have been largely in response to those advising him to go for burgers/junk and alcohol star beer until you replied after my comment with your mr universe wisecrack

commonsensical authority mate!!
sumo wrestlers are not healthy if they just a 20 year old that wants to gain weight, sumo wrestler wont come to a largely Nigerian forum to ask these question

what time was stated by the Op Mr GP? I have given my comments based on personal experience

Shallom to you ping pong comments
vainglorious and vacuous verbiage . there is nothing junky about burgers or beer.that is propaganda perhaps you are still young enough to learn how to back up your assertions
Re: What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? by Nobody: 2:03am On Aug 05, 2011
As for me am at d point of desperation to gain weight, am tall n very slim, tru google i learnt i av to eat mor calories dan i lose.hw do i calc calories wit nigerian foods,
Re: What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? by aribisala0(m): 6:50am On Aug 05, 2011
chin chin,puff puff,pies, cakes,dodo,beans moinmoin,bread,rice,shiken,suya, drink chocolate with lots of milk with some donuts or biscuits just before sleeping . get fresh full fat or powdered millk not evaporated .you should be drinking about one to two tins of powdered a week or a pint fresh daily
Re: What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? by GeorgeD1(m): 12:30pm On Aug 07, 2011
eba and lots of akpu is another good source of pot belly. poster take note! grin
Re: What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Aug 10, 2011
Rest of mind does it. Alternatively, u can take a walk from Oshodi to National stadium everyday. Do this 4 2 months and see urself heavy enough 2 damage any weight when step on top.
Re: What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? by GeorgeD1(m): 6:17pm On Aug 11, 2011
well your opinion but i'm sure having only rest of mind on an empty stomach will not
give poster the weight gain he so much desires!  smiley
Re: What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? by PeterLee12(m): 9:01am On Aug 12, 2011
Regular eating of 2 Banana along with milk in the morning helps to increase weight. This is simple and effective process.
Re: What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? by lctewand(f): 9:31am On Aug 12, 2011
ok i met a doctor when i waznt really feeling fine and i actually asked him about this weight gain issue cos im also naturally skinny.
he actually put me on a diet like they do to those pple that wanna lose weight, sad
lemmy share part of what he told me

1) EXERCISE: but not all type of exercises are mad for skinny people, i was told to do push-ups and muscle gaining exercises BUT NOT EVERY DAY. as a girl like me, i was assured that i wount  gain muscle like professional muscle builders (10k God ) cos of my gender and as long as i dont do it every day bt when u exercise, u tend 2 eat more cos of  your body is being forced to change, 
P.S (FOR GIRLS): there re exercises that could actually make you curvier  wink

2) AVOID JUNK FOOD (MADE OF SUGAR): COS  minerals and all the sugar  in the food will just give you a lot of energy and stop you from actually eating and NATURALLY SKINNY PEOPLE will probably burn all the sugar cos they are almost always hyper active,  and they are also unhealthy,

3) A LOT OF FRUITS: like a literally a lot of fruits,  everybody knows the advantages of fruits. and BANANAS make some people gain weight.

4) EAT NORMALLY: don't over feed your self cos u'll just end up getting indigestion but make sure you are filled up when you eat and eat a little more than you usually do. eat 3 times a day or as you normally do but remember to add milk, yogurt and all those potentially fattening food to your diet (PLS NOT TO MUCH)

5) DONT OBSESS: if u keep on looking at a scale u might get disappointed so just be normal.

6) SNACK A LOT: on healthy snacks sha  like nuts and crackers (im not too sure about this). this is for those that work sha and cant eat everytime,

Anyways i hope some of you trying to gain weight would benefit from these but remember you have to do this the healthy way so that you wont have problems when you gain the weight and u cant loose it or so u wont have health problems when you 40,

P.S: i waz also placed on some multivitamins,  (that's all i have now) smiley and its working for me,  i hope it works 4 ya'll.

3 Likes

Re: What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? by GeorgeD1(m): 12:20pm On Aug 12, 2011
lctewand,
let us have your pix when your finally done gaining all the weight you want.

i hope you'll not be round as a barrel? grin
Re: What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? by GoodWife: 12:34pm On Aug 12, 2011
It's not just to say "I want to gain weight, I want to gain weight" the question is "Are you ready to eat?" I find that a lot of people who are not fat do not want to eat yet they want to gain weight. There is no magic there, if you eat, you fat up. And not just eat, be consistent at it. Also, if you want to gain weight, do you have the money? It is not cheap to gain weight at least in the first 3 weeks while you are training your body to start asking for food. If you are ready to spend at least N40,000 for the first 3 weeks and you are ready to eat then read on. If you have any change from the 40K then it's your luck.

1) When you wake up every morning, drink 2 tins of Peak evaporated milk, then drink 1 litre of water. You can mix the milk in warm water so you'll be able to drink it. The water is to make you have an appetite.

2)After 2 hours, boil 10 eggs and eat with any liquid that is not water (coke, juice etc). If you don't mind fried eggs, then by all means fry the 10 eggs.

3)By this time your family is ready to have breakfast, eat with them as well. Remember, your new diet should be in addition to whatever you've been eating.

4) Go outside and take a walk or something. Do some exercise because you are now taking in a lot of calories and you don't want a heart attack.

5)While you are taking the work, buy some groundnuts and snack on it. If you see a woman frying yam or potatoes by the road side, by all means, buy that, eat it and wash down with coke.

6)For Lunch, eat pounded yam with any of these soups: Bitterleaf, Ora (Oha) or Nsala. The cocoyam in the first 2 soups are fattening and the catfish in Nsala is fattening.

7) After launch, take a good nap. When you wake up, go to a joint and order a Point-and-Kill. Please go alone so that your friends will not finish it for you. Another evening, you can eat 1 mortar of Isi-Ewu between lunch and dinner. Ask for extra paste of the isiewu. Wash down with guiness, if you don't drink alcohol, then malt.

cool For dinner eat white rice with plenty of tomato stew, washed down with cocacola. Make sure you eat very late at night and after eating, drink 2 tins of Peak evaporated milk again and go to bed.

9)Repeat this everyday for 3 weeks, if you do not gain 15-20 kilos, sue me to Nairaland court.  grin grin

DOs
If you want to gain weight, you should learn how to be greedy, eat every edible thing you see.
Eat every 3 hours, at most every 4 hours.
Everytime you eat, make sure that your stomach is fully stretched, then stop eating. You need to stretch your stomach to its limits so that it can ask you for more food next time.
If you can't eat a large quantity of food at a time, reduce the quantity but increase the frequency. That is reduce the quantity but then eat every 2 hours.

Don'ts
Don't ever refuse any food offered to you unless it is poisnous  lipsrsealed
Don't ever ever allow yourself to go hungry at all.
Don't eat fruits while you are trying to gain weight because these destroy the calories you need.

I warn you, it is hard work to gain weight. sometimes you will end up throwing up the food. This is because your body is not used to having too much food thrust at it that frequently.

I will be updating this post if I remember more tips that will help you gain weight. Good Luck!

4 Likes

Re: What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? by DisGuy: 7:02pm On Aug 12, 2011
peak/Evaporated milk is rubbish, YUCK!!!! Drink fresh milk

@Ictewand, Yes, go on show us your picture now so we can compare the new Curves
make sure you don't grow a belly, you don't want to be competing with George_D I tell ya! grin
Re: What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? by GoodWife: 9:20pm On Aug 12, 2011
Dis Guy:

peak/Evaporated milk is rubbish, YUCK!!!! Drink fresh milk

Sorry but I have to stand by Peak Evaporated Milk. Not everybody has access to your janded fresh milk tongue tongue
Re: What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? by lctewand(f): 2:07am On Aug 14, 2011
@thisguy and @george_d
don't worry i wont turn to trailer Tyre just because i wanna gain weight smiley
im just tired of being called bonga fish by my younger 1z nd friends
and @goodwife 10 EGGS HABA!!! i think you asking 4 health problems there,
and skipping fruits will give you digestive problems and probably constipation especially with your diet.

2 Likes

Re: What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? by DisGuy: 4:00am On Aug 14, 2011
Peak milk tastes like chemicals or left over yoghurt  sad

Ictewand

I have a cousin who's a model, she is also a bonga fish, good thing is hers bring in lots of Dollars and she gets to see several cities each month
She eats like crazy though

I'm sure you're doing those lunge exercise to get the curves out  cool
Re: What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? by GeorgeD1(m): 5:43pm On Aug 14, 2011
lctewand,
ok, i hear you. just let us have your pix when your done gaining all the weight you want! wink
Re: What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? by nsodo: 12:36pm On Aug 22, 2011
Make carbohydrates occupy the largest percentage of your diet plus some weight gain tablets which are available in Pharmacies around town. Take food with a lot of fats like milk,eggs and reduce on the physical exercises done with in a mouth am sure you will have gained weight.
Re: What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? by Ikoteyogrl(f): 5:38am On Aug 23, 2011
@OP
If you live in the west, McDonalds and Burger King will do the trick. You wont gain muscle but fat but at least you will gain weight quickly.
Re: What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? by ebsuguy(m): 5:38pm On Sep 14, 2013
av heard all this....pls I need a reasonable answer....am 20 and I weigh 54...is it okay?...plus am skinny...wanna build my muscle.....the whey protein where can I get it in nigeria ?...also I will appreciate if someone can draw a food plan for me...tnx....matured and TESTED answers only...pls

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Barber Drinks To Death In Lagos Over N10,000 / Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? / Man Beats Goat For Eating His Jollof Rice (pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.