Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,457 members, 7,812,404 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:49 PM

Some Nice Togo Meal You Should Try When You Visit - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Some Nice Togo Meal You Should Try When You Visit (1989 Views)

Food: Whose Place Would You Visit? / Apart From Jellof Rice/Rice & Stew Watch This Simple Meal You Can Make With Rice / You Visit Your Zambian Crush And She Offers You This (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Nice Togo Meal You Should Try When You Visit by Togobroz(m): 1:11am On Feb 12, 2022
Dear Nairalanders, happy Valentine's day in advance to you all.
As my adventure continues in the land of Togo, I thought it nice to share some nice dishes you wouldn't want to miss whenever you visit Togo for any reason.

Picture 1 is actually an ivorian dish call acheke (please don't mind my spelling if I got it wrong). It's actually like very small rice grains but I don't know how they make it. It's mostly prepared and eaten with fish, sliced pepper, tomato, onions etc. Some people mix mayonnaise inside. However it's done, trust me it's an amazing meal to devour.

Picture 2 is the regular spaghetti we all know but all the mende mende that they garnished it with is what I really don't know but it's definitely a very delicious meal when you taste it.

Picture 3 is basically called kuskus jollof. In appearance it looks like the acheke in picture one but it taste differently more like scrambled rice and is prepared just like you prepare your regular jollof rice. With all the mende mende sauce put along side, trust me it's a mouth watery dish you can't help but taste it.

With time I will show you all some of their major local dishes like akume, fufu, wache, zugbon, koliko and so on.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Nice Togo Meal You Should Try When You Visit by Mariangeles(f): 9:24am On Feb 12, 2022
You fulfilled my request of sharing your food adventure with us. O se. cheesy

The food in the first picture is called attieke, probably pronounced as acheke.
Looks like something I’d be willing to try.

Be sure to try their thieboudienne.

1 Like

Re: Some Nice Togo Meal You Should Try When You Visit by Togobroz(m): 9:31am On Feb 12, 2022
Mariangeles:

Be sure to try their thieboudienne.

I know I didn't spell the word correctly because here their spellings are always very different from the pronunciation. I will definitely try all their delicacy and upload as much as I can on this platform. Thanks for the inspiration.

1 Like

Re: Some Nice Togo Meal You Should Try When You Visit by Mariangeles(f): 9:35am On Feb 12, 2022
Togobroz:

I know I didn't spell the word correctly because here their spellings are always very different from the pronunciation. I will definitely try all their delicacy and upload as much as I can on this platform. Thanks for the inspiration.

I’ll be following bumper to bumper.
Thanks for sharing.
Re: Some Nice Togo Meal You Should Try When You Visit by Mariangeles(f): 5:13pm On Feb 14, 2022
Happy birthday to you @Togobroz.

No Togo food for us today?
Re: Some Nice Togo Meal You Should Try When You Visit by Togobroz(m): 9:43am On Feb 20, 2022
Mariangeles:
Happy birthday to you @Togobroz.

No Togo food for us today?

Thank you so much, sorry I haven't been on Nairaland since so I just saw your message now. I'm actually busy with some stuffs now but don't worry I will update some nice food, drinks and places in Togo.

1 Like

Re: Some Nice Togo Meal You Should Try When You Visit by Mariangeles(f): 10:39am On Feb 20, 2022
Togobroz:

Thank you so much, sorry I haven't been on Nairaland since so I just saw your message now. I'm actually busy with some stuffs now but don't worry I will update some nice food, drinks and places in Togo.

Okay.
I’ll be looking forward to it. smiley
Re: Some Nice Togo Meal You Should Try When You Visit by TemihSmart(f): 12:43pm On Feb 20, 2022
Attieke is still my favorite and it's made from cassava, grated, rinsed and steamed
It tastes better if you use the vegetable oil you've used in frying your fish with a lirru bit of beans
Omo, chai, see as i dey salivate
Re: Some Nice Togo Meal You Should Try When You Visit by Togobroz(m): 12:53pm On Feb 20, 2022
TemihSmart:
Attieke is still my favorite and it's made from cassava, grated, rinsed and steamed
It tastes better if you use the vegetable oil you've used in frying your fish with a lirru bit of beans

Nice one. It's a very delicious meal
Re: Some Nice Togo Meal You Should Try When You Visit by Mariangeles(f): 1:32pm On Feb 20, 2022
TemihSmart:

I’d really love to try it.

I watched how it’s made, and my gawd! The whole process is quite tedious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz3CVCg3Poc
Re: Some Nice Togo Meal You Should Try When You Visit by Nobody: 2:21pm On Feb 20, 2022
This just made me nostalgic cry

I miss ghanaian dishes sha ( from ghana direct) tho I was born in ghana and grew up there a bit b4 we moved to nigeria. I actually prefer eating nigerian dishes to ghanaian dishes made here, I don't think I'd ever find proper ghanaian foods in naija that tastes exactly like twas made in ghana

But I've tried that togolese kuskus rice twas really nice
Re: Some Nice Togo Meal You Should Try When You Visit by Mariangeles(f): 2:37pm On Feb 20, 2022
Senomii:
This just made me nostalgic cry

I miss ghanaian dishes sha ( from ghana direct) tho I was born in ghana and grew up there a bit b4 we moved to nigeria. I actually prefer eating nigerian dishes to ghanaian dishes made here, I don't think I'd ever find proper ghanaian foods in naija that tastes exactly like twas made in ghana

But I've tried that togolese kuskus rice twas really nice

What was your best Ghanaian dish?
Re: Some Nice Togo Meal You Should Try When You Visit by Nobody: 2:41pm On Feb 20, 2022
Mariangeles:

What was your best Ghanaian dish?
Fufu and light goat meat soup or palm nut soup cry
Re: Some Nice Togo Meal You Should Try When You Visit by pocohantas(f): 5:48pm On Feb 20, 2022
Mariangeles:

No be couscous be that?

Wey Folake4u grandmother dey always cook. If my memory serves me right.

1 Like

Re: Some Nice Togo Meal You Should Try When You Visit by Mariangeles(f): 6:00pm On Feb 20, 2022
pocohantas:

No be couscous be that?

No ooo!

I dey always see am for instagram and the food look like wetin I go like, na so I say make I go even see how them dey make am from scratch, omo! The work wey dey am no be here o! cheesy
No wonder wey our Naija people never copy am as we take copy their jollof. cheesy
We no dey like cook food wey plenty work dey.
Re: Some Nice Togo Meal You Should Try When You Visit by pocohantas(f): 6:40pm On Feb 20, 2022
Mariangeles:

No ooo!

I dey always see am for instagram and the food look like wetin I go like, na so I say make I go even see how them dey make am from scratch, omo! The work wey dey am no be here o! cheesy
No wonder wey our Naija people never copy am as we take copy their jollof. cheesy
We no dey like cook food wey plenty work dey.

Who send them to make couscous from scratch? Na couscous be that. grin grin

Lmao. Just like ekpang, we have learned to make afang and edikan ikong, but we left akpang for the owners. We no like stress abeg.

1 Like

Re: Some Nice Togo Meal You Should Try When You Visit by Mariangeles(f): 7:37pm On Feb 20, 2022
pocohantas:

Who send them to make couscous from scratch? Na couscous be that. grin grin

Lmao. Just like ekpang, we have learned to make afang and edikan ikong, but we left akpang for the owners. We no like stress abeg.

That attieke was made out of cassava.
Isn’t couscous made out of wheat?
Although, they look alike sha.

I don’t think that ekpang is worth all that work. I may be wrong sha. cheesy
Kobo nearly killed the poster of ekpang thread here with questions concerning ekpang, asking why it was this and not that. grin
Re: Some Nice Togo Meal You Should Try When You Visit by folake4u(f): 8:52pm On Feb 20, 2022
pocohantas:

No be couscous be that?

Wow, your memory is very sharp! shocked

1 Like

Re: Some Nice Togo Meal You Should Try When You Visit by pocohantas(f): 8:58pm On Feb 20, 2022
folake4u:

Wow, your memory is very sharp! shocked

tongue tongue tongue tongue

I remember the things that are important.

Mariangeles:

That attieke was made out of cassava.
Isn’t couscous made out of wheat?
Although, they look alike sha.

I don’t think that ekpang is worth all that work. I may be wrong sha. cheesy
Kobo nearly killed the poster of ekpang thread here with questions concerning ekpang, asking why it was this and not that. grin

I no know o. Was just kidding, though the resemblance is too much. Kobo na case abeg. Make Kobo no question me for my food thread, I go leave the thread for am.

1 Like

Re: Some Nice Togo Meal You Should Try When You Visit by folake4u(f): 9:31pm On Feb 20, 2022
pocohantas:

tongue tongue tongue tongue

I remember the things that are important.

Lol it's actually a good thing. cheesy

(1) (Reply)

LED lights production equipment includes pick n place machine reflow solder oven / 5 Foods You Should Not Eat Again / Admission Into Iroto School Of Hotel And Catering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.