Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,696 members, 7,840,709 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

One-year-old Pupil In Coma After Receiving 31 Strokes Of The Cane - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / One-year-old Pupil In Coma After Receiving 31 Strokes Of The Cane (1812 Views)

30-Year-Old Teacher Defiles A 13-Year-Old Pupil In Zamfara (Photos) / Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane / 30-Year-Old Pupil - Asylum Seeker Fools UK School, Pretends To Be 14 (See Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One-year-old Pupil In Coma After Receiving 31 Strokes Of The Cane by Nellyvin(m): 8:27am On Feb 12, 2022
News making the rounds from Delta State says a baby of one year, 7 months is currently admitted at an undisclosed hospital in Delta State after the proprietress of his school, one Mrs Ogbo gave him 31 strokes of the cane for playing with water.

According to Sahara Reporters, the name of the school is Arise and Shine Nursery and Primary School, Asaba, the Delta State capital.

The sad incident was made known by Ebenezer Omejalile, Chief Operating Officer of Advocates for Children and Vulnerable People’s Network (ACVPN), a human rights group.

According to the mother of the victim, the act was perpetrated by the proprietress and her son who tied the hands and legs of the baby before flogging him into a coma.

In a video shared by the mother of the victim, the victim was seen on a hospital bed receiving treatment.

The teary mother said, “My son has not been himself since the incident, this is him on the hospital bed receiving drip after the incident in the school and up until now, the school has not called to know how he is faring or how it’s going.”

However, the police have arrested the accused person who is said to be asking for forgiveness and pledging to pay the hospital bills of the baby.

The ACVPN Chief Operating Officer said, “According to the baby’s mother, her son’s hands and legs were tied by the owner of the school who gave him 31 strokes of the cane.

“The name of the School is Arise and Shine Nursery and Primary School, Asaba, Delta State, behind Ibori Golf Club.

“The school proprietress tied his hands and legs and started flogging him; he is just a year and seven months old – all this because the baby played with the tap water and got himself wet. What do you expect from a child of that age?

“The owner of the school is Mrs Ogbo, she is from Orifite while the husband is from Akwuku Igbo in Delta State.

“Currently the proprietress has been arrested. She is now pleading, promising to pay for all expenses incurred by the baby’s treatment.

“This was a woman who was initially boasting to the baby’s mother that she has people in high places in the police force but for us, forgiveness is a sin.

“Who gave such monsters approval to operate a school? Where is the Ministry of Education Quality Assurance unit?

“The proprietress’ elder sister went to the hospital the baby is currently admitted, ranting that nothing will happen. Thankfully the police officers from GRA Police Station, Asaba, Delta State apprehended her and she too has given a confessional statement. She is being detained along with the proprietress and her son.”
Re: One-year-old Pupil In Coma After Receiving 31 Strokes Of The Cane by Nukilia: 8:37am On Feb 12, 2022
What a world!
Re: One-year-old Pupil In Coma After Receiving 31 Strokes Of The Cane by Comedian2019: 8:43am On Feb 12, 2022
Pictures of the wicked woman and her phone number should be posted online. We want to ask her questions.
Useless woman.

1 Like

Re: One-year-old Pupil In Coma After Receiving 31 Strokes Of The Cane by Theboy21: 8:47am On Feb 12, 2022
The kind beating wey niggas chop for this life ehn......those type of people will fight you if you place your hands on their children but see how they treating others... wicked generation
Re: One-year-old Pupil In Coma After Receiving 31 Strokes Of The Cane by Wawelexy(m): 9:08am On Feb 12, 2022
Monster!!! Jail her
Re: One-year-old Pupil In Coma After Receiving 31 Strokes Of The Cane by Mooh247: 10:31am On Feb 12, 2022

It had to be a woman

Most of domestic violence done by female are under reported.. they think domestic violence is only from an husband to a wife

1 Like

Re: One-year-old Pupil In Coma After Receiving 31 Strokes Of The Cane by uzomanny(m): 11:02am On Feb 12, 2022
In a bid to hasten the education of our kids, we send them off to school at a very tender age making them vulnerable to things of this nature and much more.

Was that not how a baby girl of 2 was given 24 strokes in one school in Lagos, you need to see how her back was designed. embarassed

Another 17 year old, arrived Ukraine for studies and died the next day.

One was complaining here how her roomies are envious of her, she's not even 20 yet.

How about the late Sylvester and that baby girl that was murdered in Kano?

Parents are not doing their due diligence again, they are too busy to listen to all of the complaints from their kids, why, they are busy chasing money, leaving their babies in the hands of monsters.

Someone will just have small change and the next thing is 'I want to open a school cos I heard its lucrative'. Room and parlour school has started o, parents/guardians looking for cheap thing will enrol their kids/wards and our government will approve such school w/o carrying out background check.

Parents, please and please, can you allow your child(ren) to get 'matured' first before sending them out to this cold and wicked world?

2 Likes

Re: One-year-old Pupil In Coma After Receiving 31 Strokes Of The Cane by soundOsonic: 3:11pm On Feb 12, 2022
This is a lie, a one year old should not be in school. Even 2 years old are in daycare. Do you know what you are saying
Re: One-year-old Pupil In Coma After Receiving 31 Strokes Of The Cane by CSTRR: 5:41pm On Feb 12, 2022
Wtf!!
Re: One-year-old Pupil In Coma After Receiving 31 Strokes Of The Cane by gaby(m): 5:47pm On Feb 12, 2022
Them know the kind parents wey dem dey try these nonsense with and the kind people wey dey send their flesh and blood to their horror houses called schools.

Touch my kid and we will both arise and shine.

Bastards.

No be everybody suppose teach your pikin.

My kids can't go through what I went through...

God forbid.
Re: One-year-old Pupil In Coma After Receiving 31 Strokes Of The Cane by Greatzeus(m): 6:18pm On Feb 12, 2022
I believe your story about a child being maltreated, it is completely wrong to discipline a one year old child at all,it is also wrong to discipline children using cane,the parents of the child should go to any length to prosecute the culprit,but your tale of 31 strokes of cane is false and a blatant lie. I don't believe it. Who counted ? The proprietress or the one year old child?
You only added the 31 strokes so as to add more spice to the story and garner more sympathy. But what you don't know is,the story is bad enough,and the culprit is guilty enough if she actually laid hands on a one year old. You have all the sympathy you need already. Quit the bullsh*t of over exaggeration.

1 Like

Re: One-year-old Pupil In Coma After Receiving 31 Strokes Of The Cane by Benbisco(f): 8:55pm On Feb 12, 2022
Na wa.
Re: One-year-old Pupil In Coma After Receiving 31 Strokes Of The Cane by Decolonel(m): 10:18pm On Feb 12, 2022
Straight to FP. We need to argue whether this story is true or not. 31 strokes of cane on a 1 year old child? . I will kill you the teacher and gladly plead guilty to prison. Werey ndi ala
Re: One-year-old Pupil In Coma After Receiving 31 Strokes Of The Cane by KhiaW(f): 1:59am On Feb 13, 2022
Mooh247:
It had to be a woman

Most of female domestic violence are under reported.. they think domestic violence is only from an husband to a wife
There was a recent report right here on NL about a male teacher who caned a 11 year old boy to death, so savages come in male and female.

This is why I denounce physical punishment to children in schools but most on this forum agreed with capital punishment in schools.

Beating a one year old baby 31 times is demonic. I believe the sister that nothing's going to happen.
Bunch of primitive savages.
Re: One-year-old Pupil In Coma After Receiving 31 Strokes Of The Cane by Mooh247: 6:43am On Feb 13, 2022
KhiaW:

There was a recent report right here on NL about a male teacher who caned a 11 year old boy to death, so savages come in male and female.

This is why I denounce physical punishment to children in schools but most on this forum agreed with capital punishment in schools.

Beating a one year old baby 31 times is demonic. I believe the sister that nothing's going to happen.
Bunch of primitive savages.

Capital punishment is not corrective to a one year old, it's simply a form of meaningless hateful violence because the child wouldn't even understand why he is being beaten

I agree corporal punishment has out lived it usefulness, we need new approach

(1) (Reply)

Futo's Website / Igbinedion University: A Body Of Lies / Oau Cutoff Mark For 2009/10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.