Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,236 members, 7,811,653 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:43 PM

Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane (61736 Views)

Delta Government Closes Arise And Shine Nursery & Primary School In Asaba / IMSU Lecturers, Esogbuonye Agomuo & Victor Obinna Njoku In Sex Scandal / Teacher Flogs Student, 12 Strokes, For Not Completing Her Homework (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane by Kuginzi: 4:10am On Feb 13, 2022
A one year seven months old baby simply identified as Obinna has reportedly died after falling into coma resulting from 31 strokes of cane he received from his school's owner, Mrs Ogbo, and her son.

The sad incident was made known by Ebenezer Omejalile, Chief Operating Officer of Advocates for Children and Vulnerable People's Network, a human rights group.

SaharaReporters had earlier reported that the baby, a pupil of Arise and Shine Nursery and Primary School, Asaba, Delta State, was given 31 strokes of cane for playing with water and getting wet.

The mother of the victim had said that the act was perpetrated by the school owner and her son, who tied the hands and legs of the baby before flogging him into a coma.

The woman and her son, who were initially in police custody but released due to agreement with the victim's family, have been rearrested on Saturday after the baby died.

Omejalile condemned the act, calling on the Ministry of Education's Quality Assurance Department to rise up to its task of evaluating and monitoring the activities of school owners.

He said, “With a heavy heart, we wish to inform the house that the one year seven months old baby finally gave up the ghost this morning.

“Meanwhile the proprietress' family are still going about looking for who to bribe without considering what had happened to the minor.

“Now I agree that Nigeria is the worst place on earth to raise children. Imagine having unqualified persons to operate schools, employing unqualified teachers in the system.

“Our government should stop propagating and postulating laws that protects some sets of people and enabling monsters to operate mushroom schools.

“This is what you get when those that claim they know, suddenly turn deaf, blind and dumb to reality rather choosing to follow the path of jamborees and sycophancy.

“This is the time to roll out the big stick by evaluating the so calyl private schools across Nigeria by the Ministry of Education's Quality Assurance Department.

“This is too much to bear, our government should make children their priority instead of making them guinea pigs in the laboratory of unqualified school operators.”

http://saharareporters.com/2022/02/12/one-year-old-pupil-who-received-31-strokes-cane-delta-dead

The baby receiving treatment in a hospital

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane by Nwodosis(m): 4:14am On Feb 13, 2022
We are now beginning to see the reasons why the western world are against the beating of children. A lot of adults/parents are not mentally balanced to discipline a child by beating.

441 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane by Healthrelatedjo: 4:17am On Feb 13, 2022
This is bad.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane by PoliteActivist: 4:28am On Feb 13, 2022
Healthrelatedjo:
This is bad.

Understatement of the year

213 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane by jaeyking(m): 4:52am On Feb 13, 2022
embarassed embarassed
This one na pure evil spirit

No wonder some schools ban flogging

Because the teachers of this days can be quite extreme.

May the soul of the boy rest in peace

97 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane by Wawelexy(m): 5:24am On Feb 13, 2022
You see why I don't blame those parent who go to fight those teachers that beat their kids....

The person below me is not ok mentally.... He doesn't want this but yet beats a kid under the age of two 31strokes of cane, what was he expecting? To make the kid stronger or upright?

160 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane by Shetemi12(m): 5:25am On Feb 13, 2022
May we not be unfortunate. The teacher definitely won't want this. Our teachers in those days do beat us and today, we are disciplined and better with reasoning.
Our teachers of nowadays are mentally over stressed and need to show happiness.

Let's wait for autopsy before anything

12 Likes

Re: Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane by UAE123(m): 5:29am On Feb 13, 2022
The school proprietor and her son must be charged to court for causing the death of the one year seven months old baby and the school permanently closed by the government. Furthermore, all the states should look for all possible ways to protect children especially the little ones. My condolence to the parent of the boy.

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane by MMWandali: 5:36am On Feb 13, 2022
If care is not taken all private schools in Nigeria would be banned

cry

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane by Richy4(m): 5:37am On Feb 13, 2022
We can only say things here and it ends here... Nothing will be done...

It's just unfortunate... May his soul rest in perfect peace.... The peace that this world couldn't give to a one year old..

2 Likes

Re: Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane by wizonlyson: 6:00am On Feb 13, 2022
embarassed embarassed ...chaiiiiii...wahala..belike...

4 Likes

Re: Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane by Armaggedon: 6:20am On Feb 13, 2022
Nwodosis:
We are now beginning to see the reasons why the western world are against the beating of children. A lot of adults/parents are not mentally balanced to discipline a child by beating.
This is not beating of children; this is beating of a baby!

60 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane by kollinz1234(m): 6:26am On Feb 13, 2022
To bring back sanity to this country, we need the death penalty

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane by MoneyGoDrop: 6:29am On Feb 13, 2022
Who is their right mind flogs a child/toddler 31 strokes for been a toddler? Some people are really heartless when dealing with other people's children. I hope they face the full force of the law.

76 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane by FERNANDEZISBACK: 6:48am On Feb 13, 2022
Execute that person by hanging immediately..then dump the body in a sewage..
cry

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane by Nobody: 6:49am On Feb 13, 2022
Hm.. this is not ordinary.

How can you flog a toddler 31 strokes and even when you got to ten, you kept on going till you got to 31??...

Dem dey follow the proprietress. It's not with clear eyes she did it.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane by teezzybee: 7:20am On Feb 13, 2022
Niaraland 2022.
Re: Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane by nairalander2020(m): 7:33am On Feb 13, 2022
Their is a difference between beating and overbeating.
Na so de other day one woman come the beat my neighbour pikin mercilessly instead of one or two stroke she cone the givevam 15 to 20 stroke because of small thing him do and no be she them offend.
Some people just take advantage especially when theirs nobody around for the kids,I don't know but its like is some kind of a wicked thing going around this days. embarassed

I believe the kid is in heaven by now.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane by Sparkle777(f): 7:36am On Feb 13, 2022
Chai, another baby lost to private school owners when we've not gotten over the one murdered in Kano.
The youths in that area should do what their counterparts did in Kano. It will bring about the fear of caning kids. Imagine, 31 strokes on a baby.
So painful and annoying.

17 Likes

Re: Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane by Nobody: 7:53am On Feb 13, 2022
The baby didn't even know why he was beaten in the first place.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane by TotoGame(m): 8:01am On Feb 13, 2022
S
Re: Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane by realstars: 8:33am On Feb 13, 2022
He was beaten to death. May he RIP.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane by Nobody: 8:48am On Feb 13, 2022
Terrible. Flogging a child doesn't instil discipline in them, rather fear. There are better ways to discipline a child, other than flogging them like an animal.

Ground them indefinitely, give them a tough assignment, or confiscate their pleasure gadgets.

Ensure you properly communicate the reason for the punishment, and the consequences for their behaviour.

When they begin acting the right way, don't forget to praise them, and give them a treat if possible. This will encourage them to continue the good behaviour.

I have trained humans and dogs, and there's no difference between them when it comes to training.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane by xcesspaschal(m): 8:48am On Feb 13, 2022
Tears drop
Re: Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane by premierlead: 8:49am On Feb 13, 2022
So small obinna is dead...RIP young boy

1 Like

Re: Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane by xcesspaschal(m): 8:49am On Feb 13, 2022
31 yr old jail sentence awaiting

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane by Blackfire(m): 8:49am On Feb 13, 2022
Please is this a joke... what could the small boy did that warrant that kind of punishment... if he voted for Hitler and Stalin...he didn't deserve it.

All perpetrators should be dealt with spiritually and bombastically

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane by heniford2: 8:50am On Feb 13, 2022
Kuginzi:

http://saharareporters.com/2022/02/12/one-year-old-pupil-who-received-31-strokes-cane-delta-dead

The baby receiving treatment in a hospital
by know that said woman will be dead by know i would have killed her by know if it where me even God no go save her nobody will if i cant kill her with gun i kill her spiritual i swear with my fathers grave if it was me. undecided

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane by Flexherbal(m): 8:50am On Feb 13, 2022
What !!!
Re: Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane by Blake755: 8:50am On Feb 13, 2022
Chinekem a small bby devil better pass some people oo angry
Confirmed wickedness tongue

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane by voiceless1(m): 8:50am On Feb 13, 2022

Painful

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

JAMB Offices, Phone Number,address And Email In All 36 States Of Nigeria / Teacher Dances With Her Students On Assembly Ground, Netizens Hail Her As Video / School Friends Who Travelled Abroad Share 4-Year Throwback Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.