Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,579 members, 7,820,090 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

Samsung Officially Kills The Note Series To Give 4 Years Of Android OS Upgrade - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Officially Kills The Note Series To Give 4 Years Of Android OS Upgrade (2735 Views)

My Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Review: Why I Chose The Note 10 + Camera Samples / Samsung Officially Postpones The Launch Of The Galaxy Fold Globally / See What Happened After My Tecno Camon CX Last OS Upgrade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samsung Officially Kills The Note Series To Give 4 Years Of Android OS Upgrade by Smartdepotng: 12:23pm On Feb 12, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=562SsqQ5WOI

The Samsung Galaxy Note Series is officially dead!
Samsung sealed the deal by moving the Spen to the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra but will the Note brand be sorely missed?
Let's look at the good side to the move. Samsung will now give 4 years of Android Upgrade to The S22 series which is almost on par with Apple's 5 years guaranteed OS upgrade on the iPhone. This is something that is very new to Android and might be the start of software revolution for all other Android OEMs.
The bad side is the drippi g of the expandable storage (SD card). The Note is known for productivity and having an SD card gives you an option even if you are not using it. The innovative disruptions that the Note brings may not come with S - Ultra because it is just an S series with a bigger battery.

All the same, I personally prefer having 4 years of Android OS than expandable storage.
What are your thoughts about the Demise of the Note? Let me hear from you in the comments section

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Officially Kills The Note Series To Give 4 Years Of Android OS Upgrade by Joeblazeochola(m): 12:36pm On Feb 12, 2022
Bros no b new tin now, if u can root ur samsung fone u just need to w8 for a custom rom and upgrade d fone. We don de do am 4 long.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Officially Kills The Note Series To Give 4 Years Of Android OS Upgrade by Flamees(m): 12:55pm On Feb 12, 2022
transsion left the group

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Samsung Officially Kills The Note Series To Give 4 Years Of Android OS Upgrade by Flamees(m): 1:01pm On Feb 12, 2022
And some company are busy producing trash without ba single OS upgrade guarantee

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Samsung Officially Kills The Note Series To Give 4 Years Of Android OS Upgrade by Smartdepotng: 1:19pm On Feb 12, 2022
Joeblazeochola:
Bros no b new tin now, if u can root ur samsung fone u just need to w8 for a custom rom and upgrade d fone. We don de do am 4 long.
As a lover of Android custom Roms I get you but for those who don't know how to root or not interested in taking the risk (the number of this group is many too) 4 years of update is a wonderful thing.

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Officially Kills The Note Series To Give 4 Years Of Android OS Upgrade by Smartdepotng: 1:22pm On Feb 12, 2022
Flamees:
transsion left the group
Hahaha... �
We need to have a word with Infinix and Tecno about Android software upgrade. Their Flagship phones barely manage to get one in their lifetime and nothing for the midrangers

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Samsung Officially Kills The Note Series To Give 4 Years Of Android OS Upgrade by TradingMaestro(m): 1:23pm On Feb 12, 2022
Lol.. because it isn't called a note?

If truly you are a note series follower then you'll know the s22 ultra design is a carbon copy of a note series design coupled with the spen

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Samsung Officially Kills The Note Series To Give 4 Years Of Android OS Upgrade by Smartdepotng: 1:23pm On Feb 12, 2022
Flamees:
And some company are busy producing trash without ba single OS upgrade guarantee
I just hope this will influence other Android OEMs to raise their software upgrade game.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Officially Kills The Note Series To Give 4 Years Of Android OS Upgrade by Eyanbahose: 1:43pm On Feb 12, 2022
Flamees:
transsion left the group
as if say na new thing
Re: Samsung Officially Kills The Note Series To Give 4 Years Of Android OS Upgrade by Eyanbahose: 1:44pm On Feb 12, 2022
Joeblazeochola:
no mind them
Re: Samsung Officially Kills The Note Series To Give 4 Years Of Android OS Upgrade by Flamees(m): 1:58pm On Feb 12, 2022
Smartdepotng:

Hahaha... �
We need to have a word with Infinix and Tecno about Android software upgrade. Their Flagship phones barely manage to get one in their lifetime and nothing for the midrangers
I swear guy amd it's very annoying

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Samsung Officially Kills The Note Series To Give 4 Years Of Android OS Upgrade by Smartdepotng: 2:20pm On Feb 12, 2022
TradingMaestro:
Lol.. because it isn't called a note?

If truly you are a note series follower then you'll know the s22 ultra design is a carbon copy of a note series design coupled with the spen
I bought the Note 2 in 2012 December, used it for 2 years, jumped to Note 4, skipped the Note 5 because it had no SD card slot or removable battery (little did I know that the phone came b4 its time). There was no Note 6 as Samsung wanted to merge the numbering between the Note and S series. The Note 7 was a disaster - it blew itself up.
I came back to Note 8. Na the cost of replacing the screen bought me a more powerful Xiaomi phone.
So yes, I am a Note lover, adict and follower.

Samsung Galaxy Note Series was the disruptor in innovation for Android then. The S series comes out in the middle of the first quarter of the year. The Note launches in the Fall - among the last Flagships of the year. It usually comes with the overclocked CPU than the S series Flagship and could carry a new feature that's not available on the S series.
Samsung started the Unifying experiment from Note 10 when they created 2 version the Note 10+ just like the S series. By Note (11) 20, they did the Note 20 dirty and dignified the Note 20 Ultra (which also had Expandable memory - SD card -)
They Skipped the Note in 2021 completely and killed it off in 2022. So, yes, the Note is a little bit more than an S series Flagship with an Spen.
I like the direction of Samsung focusing more on improving Software experience and length of OS upgrade. I'll still wait to see what they do with the S23 Ultra Next year

6 Likes

Re: Samsung Officially Kills The Note Series To Give 4 Years Of Android OS Upgrade by Deffjam: 4:04pm On Feb 12, 2022
Joeblazeochola:
gooday please,what is the benefit of rooting and custom room you listed?? Thanks.
Re: Samsung Officially Kills The Note Series To Give 4 Years Of Android OS Upgrade by TradingMaestro(m): 4:19pm On Feb 12, 2022
Smartdepotng:

I bought the Note 2 in 2012 December, used it for 2 years, jumped to Note 4, skipped the Note 5 because it had no SD card slot or removable battery (little did I know that the phone came b4 its time). There was no Note 6 as Samsung wanted to merge the numbering between the Note and S series. The Note 7 was a disaster - it blew itself up.
I came back to Note 8. Na the cost of replacing the screen bought me a more powerful Xiaomi phone.
So yes, I am a Note lover, adict and follower.

Samsung Galaxy Note Series was the disruptor in innovation for Android then. The S series comes out in the middle of the first quarter of the year. The Note launches in the Fall - among the last Flagships of the year. It usually comes with the overclocked CPU than the S series Flagship and could carry a new feature that's not available on the S series.
Samsung started the Unifying experiment from Note 10 when they created 2 version the Note 10+ just like the S series. By Note (11) 20, they did the Note 20 dirty and dignified the Note 20 Ultra (which also had Expandable memory - SD card -)
They Skipped the Note in 2021 completely and killed it off in 2022. So, yes, the Note is a little bit more than an S series Flagship with an Spen.
I like the direction of Samsung focusing more on improving Software experience and length of OS upgrade. I'll still wait to see what they do with the S23 Ultra Next year

For a lay man like me, give me two significant differences between S series n note series aside Spen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Samsung Officially Kills The Note Series To Give 4 Years Of Android OS Upgrade by iyatrustee(f): 4:52pm On Feb 12, 2022
I started using the note series around 2013 with the Note 3 and remained till the last note! I like the bigger phone sizes, it makes working on it easier.

Read that they killed the series so as to concentrate on just 1 flagship. Word out among tech enthusiast is that the new S22 Ultra is a note in disguise.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Samsung Officially Kills The Note Series To Give 4 Years Of Android OS Upgrade by Joeblazeochola(m): 5:55pm On Feb 12, 2022
Deffjam:
gooday please,what is the benefit of rooting and custom room you listed?? Thanks.
rooting gives u 100% access to ur phone, helps u bypass manufactural's restrictions/limitations placed on d fone. Basically a Rooted fone can run apps dat a restricted fone can nt run. Custom rom is more like the android's source code. wit updates every year by google just like d android10,11 and 12.

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Officially Kills The Note Series To Give 4 Years Of Android OS Upgrade by jaxxy(m): 5:59pm On Feb 12, 2022
Samsung loosing focus. Software alone doesn’t make a great fone. The New s series are to big and crappy looking already. Then u want to merge it with note more features seems more confusing.
Re: Samsung Officially Kills The Note Series To Give 4 Years Of Android OS Upgrade by Deffjam: 6:33pm On Feb 12, 2022
Joeblazeochola:
rooting gives u 100% access to ur phone, helps u bypass manufactural's restrictions/limitations placed on d fone. Basically a Rooted fone can run apps dat a restricted fone can nt run. Custom rom is more like the android's source code. wit updates every year by google just like d android10,11 and 12.
how can I use custom rom for my infinix hot 10 lite.......

And also my phone is slow and lags alot......any help??
Re: Samsung Officially Kills The Note Series To Give 4 Years Of Android OS Upgrade by RealEzee(m): 6:49pm On Feb 12, 2022
Deffjam:

grin did u just mention infi? Abeg make person tell dis guy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Samsung Officially Kills The Note Series To Give 4 Years Of Android OS Upgrade by dawnomike(m): 6:51pm On Feb 12, 2022
Deffjam:

Forgerrit... It is denjalossss for infinix grin (Just kidding)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Samsung Officially Kills The Note Series To Give 4 Years Of Android OS Upgrade by Joeblazeochola(m): 7:03pm On Feb 12, 2022
Deffjam:

yes you can bt its risky sha. give to an expert wit experience or watch videos on youtube
Re: Samsung Officially Kills The Note Series To Give 4 Years Of Android OS Upgrade by Deffjam: 7:06pm On Feb 12, 2022
RealEzee:
grin did u just mention infi? Abeg make person tell dis guy
boss I regret buying it though.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Samsung Officially Kills The Note Series To Give 4 Years Of Android OS Upgrade by d3cod3r(m): 8:10pm On Feb 12, 2022
Deffjam:
boss I regret buying it though.....
Next time buy better phones.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Samsung Officially Kills The Note Series To Give 4 Years Of Android OS Upgrade by Smartdepotng: 9:10pm On Feb 12, 2022
TradingMaestro:

For a lay man like me, give me two significant differences between S series n note series aside Spen
S series comes out with Flagship Qualcomm's Snapdragon processor in February. The Note Series comes out with August/September with the newer Snapdragon Plus Flagship processor. About 10 to 20% performance increase.
The Note is usually the first to get New Android Updates if the release is September.
Samsung camera sensors used in S series are better optimized in the Note or sometimes, the Note gets newer camera sensors or some completely new features

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Samsung Officially Kills The Note Series To Give 4 Years Of Android OS Upgrade by Smartdepotng: 9:16pm On Feb 12, 2022
jaxxy:
Samsung loosing focus. Software alone doesn’t make a great fone. The New s series are to big and crappy looking already. Then u want to merge it with note more features seems more confusing.
Samsung lost its way in terms of Innovation with the Note after the Note 7 debacle. They started playing safe to the point that they don't see any difference between S series and Note.
However, I like the way they are giving more focus on software. That way, the users are not losing on two front

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Samsung Officially Kills The Note Series To Give 4 Years Of Android OS Upgrade by TradingMaestro(m): 10:24pm On Feb 12, 2022
Smartdepotng:

S series comes out with Flagship Qualcomm's Snapdragon processor in February. The Note Series comes out with August/September with the newer Snapdragon Plus Flagship processor. About 10 to 20% performance increase.
The Note is usually the first to get New Android Updates if the release is September.
Samsung camera sensors used in S series are better optimized in the Note or sometimes, the Note gets newer camera sensors or some completely new features

Lol
The high end snapdragon processors are released just once in a year so no difference in processors...

So you mean the cameras are different?
Re: Samsung Officially Kills The Note Series To Give 4 Years Of Android OS Upgrade by Auskyd(m): 10:46am On Feb 13, 2022
jaxxy:

Lmao use water clean mouth abeg. You're saying rubbish.
Re: Samsung Officially Kills The Note Series To Give 4 Years Of Android OS Upgrade by jaxxy(m): 1:06pm On Feb 13, 2022
Auskyd:

Lmao use water clean mouth abeg. You're saying rubbish.

Changing the S series to a note is a very bad idea. They are very different designs physically. My point.
Re: Samsung Officially Kills The Note Series To Give 4 Years Of Android OS Upgrade by Smartdepotng: 3:55pm On Feb 13, 2022
TradingMaestro:

Lol
The high end snapdragon processors are released just once in a year so no difference in processors...

So you mean the cameras are different?
There was Snapdragon
855 later that year 855+
865 later that year 865+ they later added 870
888 and later last year 888+
I don't know whether they will do it with 8th Gen1
But the plus version of Snapdragon processors are overclocked CPU/GPU that gives up to 15% performance boost.

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Officially Kills The Note Series To Give 4 Years Of Android OS Upgrade by Auskyd(m): 5:23pm On Feb 13, 2022
jaxxy:

Changing the S series to a note is a very bad idea. They are very different designs physically. My point.

Sure didn't sound like that with what you typed. You said that the design is crappy. Phones that people are hailing as one of the best looking.

Nawa. Nigerians and changing mouth
Re: Samsung Officially Kills The Note Series To Give 4 Years Of Android OS Upgrade by 11Anonymous(m): 5:30pm On Feb 13, 2022
Smartdepotng:

Hahaha... �
Tecno and Infinix flagships are actually midrange devices.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Samsung Officially Kills The Note Series To Give 4 Years Of Android OS Upgrade by Goldenhoney: 5:56pm On Feb 13, 2022
Bros no b new tin now, if u can root ur samsung fone u just need to w8 for a custom rom and upgrade d fone. We don de do am 4 long. [/quote]
I like to know how to upgrade d samsung fone.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Iphone 11 Pro Max Vs Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus Which Is Better. / Guys How Can I Update My N7 Tecno Fone / Beware: GLO 1000 Naira 2GB Is A Scam (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.