Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,247 members, 7,846,158 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

Mrs Funmi And NEPA People At Ejigbo, Lagos - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Mrs Funmi And NEPA People At Ejigbo, Lagos (871 Views)

Imagine Entering Those Room With Courage And Nepa Carry Light / Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja / 2 Plot Of Land For Sale At Bucknor Jackande, Ejigbo Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mrs Funmi And NEPA People At Ejigbo, Lagos by SolarEdge: 12:22pm On Feb 14, 2022
Disconnect me! Disconnect me! Disconnect me!
These were the sounds I kept hearing repeatedly as I walked close to an aged woman with tears dropping from her eyes some weeks ago in Ejigbo, Lagos, Nigeria. 

At first, I was trying to figure out what the issue was because she was standing close to a young man who looked to be in his early thirty's. Before I could inquire, I saw another young guy with his company overall pulling some electrical cables and a plier in his hands. Immediately, I knew they were from one of the power distribution companies.

But why was this old woman crying? That was what I couldn't stand, so I enquired. The woman began to narrate her ordeal because, according to her, she's ready to let the whole world hear her story.

My son, these people here are NEPA people. They brought a bill of over #75,000 in November, which we paid #45,000 after several pleas. In December, they brought a bill of #90,000 and my husband almost collapsed as he's hypertensive. We called the staff in charge and asked why the incessant increment in electricity bills even when the power supply had been epileptic. He said it didn't matter that the bill was generated from their system. 

I was a bit confused and was in silence for more than 10 minutes looking at him, because at that point I was helpless. We barely have light for up to five hours daily. We have a 5kVA generator, which we put on almost 8 hours a day. So I beckoned on him to know what could be done. He said there's nothing he could do that I have to pay up my bills or they disconnect my light. So I asked if I was disconnected, what would the implication be? My ear couldn't hold what his response was. In his words, "You go still pay bills." I screamed, "I'll pay bills even when you disconnect my light." He answered in the affirmative.

At this point, I looked at the woman and I looked at the NEPA guy with disdain and hurt in my heart. Who does this? In my heart, I said, "Well, this young man is also helpless. He's only an employee in the distribution company, and he's only discharging his duty."

So the woman went on with her narration. She said, after much plea, she told the man she'd visit their office to see the manager in charge of her locality, so the man had to leave and give her 2 working days to make payment or she would be disconnected.

She said the next day, as she planned to visit their office, her husband fell ill and was rushed to the hospital and was on bed rest for 3 days. After we came home, I still had to make sure my husband was okay, so I couldn't visit their office as promised. It was unknown to me that our transformer got damaged while we were at the hospital, so I felt the NEPA people wouldn't disturb us until the transformer was fixed. 

This morning I had a knock on my gate. On getting there to know who was knocking, I met the same NEPA guy. He wanted to disconnect my light. According to him, before the light can be reconnected, I'll need to pay all my bills. This time around, he came with a bill of over #120,000.

I asked him, "How does your equipment or machine record power consumption from consumers?" because our transformer had been bad for the past 3 weeks. He said that's not his business. 
I am tired of all these issues. Why are people this callous without conscience?

This means before I'll be reconnected back to the supply, I'll have to pay over #200,000 for light that doesn't stay on for more than 5 hours daily. I spent over #3,000 naira on my generator every day because my freezer is usually stocked with perishables.

The woman laments that the NEPA staff asked their boy to disconnect her and told her to visit their office to discuss with the manager that he's working based on instruction.
So I told the woman that I thought the best thing she could do at this point was to go to their office.

While handing her my complimentary card, I told her I have a solution to all of her Electricity problems, which I'll discuss with her in the coming days when she's in a good mood.

You can actually become power independent with solar power systems. With a reliable company that gives you premium service, you can be sure of a minimum of 16 hours of electricity daily.

Have you had such a bitter experience with NEPA people? Can you please share it below?

P.s: The picture below is a 2.5KVA inverter with a 1.2KW solar array installed for a client at Awoyaya, Lekki-Epe Express Way, Lagos, Nigeria.

Re: Mrs Funmi And NEPA People At Ejigbo, Lagos by Flexherbal(m): 12:44pm On Feb 14, 2022
Light wahala
Re: Mrs Funmi And NEPA People At Ejigbo, Lagos by trekkie: 1:10pm On Feb 14, 2022
How much? Don't dm me. Please put the price here let us see
Re: Mrs Funmi And NEPA People At Ejigbo, Lagos by SolarEdge: 1:25pm On Feb 14, 2022
trekkie:
How much? Don't dm me. Please put the price here let us see
#750,000 with 18 months warranty
Re: Mrs Funmi And NEPA People At Ejigbo, Lagos by SolarEdge: 2:20pm On Feb 14, 2022
There are many Mrs Funmi today, take action and GO SOLAR
Re: Mrs Funmi And NEPA People At Ejigbo, Lagos by SolarEdge: 4:31pm On Feb 14, 2022
Hows your Valentine going?
Re: Mrs Funmi And NEPA People At Ejigbo, Lagos by OMYKROIN: 5:26pm On Feb 14, 2022
grin
Re: Mrs Funmi And NEPA People At Ejigbo, Lagos by SolarEdge: 9:28pm On Feb 14, 2022
share your experience with us
Re: Mrs Funmi And NEPA People At Ejigbo, Lagos by SolarEdge: 10:40am On Feb 15, 2022
Hello!
Re: Mrs Funmi And NEPA People At Ejigbo, Lagos by SolarEdge: 3:38pm On Feb 15, 2022
Good afternoon
Re: Mrs Funmi And NEPA People At Ejigbo, Lagos by SolarEdge: 5:11pm On Feb 15, 2022
Hello, good evening
Re: Mrs Funmi And NEPA People At Ejigbo, Lagos by SolarEdge: 9:43pm On Feb 17, 2022
Good evening
Re: Mrs Funmi And NEPA People At Ejigbo, Lagos by SolarEdge: 8:21am On Feb 18, 2022
A good weekend start with a stable power supply.
Re: Mrs Funmi And NEPA People At Ejigbo, Lagos by SolarEdge: 9:13pm On Feb 18, 2022
Good evening
Re: Mrs Funmi And NEPA People At Ejigbo, Lagos by SolarEdge: 8:39am On Mar 14, 2022
Good morning Nigerians.
We are your number one Solar plug.
Feel free to call or Whatsapp us for a FREE CONSULTATION
Re: Mrs Funmi And NEPA People At Ejigbo, Lagos by SolarEdge: 10:13am On Mar 15, 2022
Good morning
Re: Mrs Funmi And NEPA People At Ejigbo, Lagos by SolarEdge: 6:15pm On May 08, 2022
For your solar power systems, we are just a phone call away 07038567494
Re: Mrs Funmi And NEPA People At Ejigbo, Lagos by SolarEdge: 4:09pm On May 13, 2022
Happy weekend
Re: Mrs Funmi And NEPA People At Ejigbo, Lagos by SolarEdge: 3:47pm On May 15, 2022
Happy weekend to you all
Re: Mrs Funmi And NEPA People At Ejigbo, Lagos by SolarEdge: 7:28am On May 23, 2022
Happy new week
Re: Mrs Funmi And NEPA People At Ejigbo, Lagos by SolarEdge: 9:50pm On Jun 05, 2022
Available
Re: Mrs Funmi And NEPA People At Ejigbo, Lagos by SolarEdge: 11:19pm On Jun 12, 2022
Call us today
Re: Mrs Funmi And NEPA People At Ejigbo, Lagos by kennyz10(m): 5:39am On Jun 13, 2022
Even with solar power, you can't avoid NEPA or electricity companies except you're ready to depend solely on the solar power and generator which I doubt if 2.5kva inverter will be enough considering daily power usage and weather conditions.
Re: Mrs Funmi And NEPA People At Ejigbo, Lagos by SolarEdge: 10:38pm On Jun 13, 2022
kennyz10:
Even with solar power, you can't avoid NEPA or electricity companies except you're ready to depend solely on the solar power and generator which I doubt if 2.5kva inverter will be enough considering daily power usage and weather conditions.
K
Re: Mrs Funmi And NEPA People At Ejigbo, Lagos by SolarEdge: 9:46pm On Aug 25, 2022
We're here for you
Re: Mrs Funmi And NEPA People At Ejigbo, Lagos by SolarEdge: 8:33am On Aug 26, 2022
Good morning
Re: Mrs Funmi And NEPA People At Ejigbo, Lagos by SolarEdge: 9:40am On Sep 10, 2022
Happy weekend
Re: Mrs Funmi And NEPA People At Ejigbo, Lagos by SolarEdge: 9:38pm On Sep 10, 2022
grin
Re: Mrs Funmi And NEPA People At Ejigbo, Lagos by SolarEdge: 3:52pm On Sep 12, 2022
Happy new week
Re: Mrs Funmi And NEPA People At Ejigbo, Lagos by SolarEdge: 9:33am On Sep 16, 2022
Good morning
Re: Mrs Funmi And NEPA People At Ejigbo, Lagos by SolarEdge: 3:08pm On Sep 25, 2022
Hello

(1) (Reply)

Plots For Sale In Lagos And Abuja. / 1 1/2 Plot For Sale At Mowe / Acres Of Land For Sale In Erunmu, Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.