Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,437 members, 7,853,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 07:08 AM

Oshodi Underbridge Where Homeless Children Find ‘Comfort’ - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Oshodi Underbridge Where Homeless Children Find ‘Comfort’ (44533 Views)

Think Well Before You ‘Japa’ — Nigerian Man Shows Homeless People In US (Video) / Apongbon Underbridge Lagos On Fire, Please Be Careful As you Plan Your Day / Homeless Nigerian Man In USA, Walks The Street Aimlessly (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oshodi Underbridge Where Homeless Children Find ‘Comfort’ by Ademola47(m): 8:48am On Feb 15, 2022
Ok...
Re: Oshodi Underbridge Where Homeless Children Find ‘Comfort’ by Matthewdan(m): 8:51am On Feb 15, 2022
Bussyfamm:
Abeg who know where to get fuel for Lagos?
cry cry u get money problem u nu get money problem
Re: Oshodi Underbridge Where Homeless Children Find ‘Comfort’ by nograv: 8:56am On Feb 15, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:
This is the real reason I am leaving this country. I think I need to start my life elsewhere and build a new place as my home.

After analyzing Nigeria, I have realized Nigeria will be like India. But with high rate of crime and corruption, Nigeria will be worse.

Nigeria is wasting its time praying to God. Let God send Michael, Gabriel, Uriel as our president, Nigeria cannot get better. Ask me why?

Our population is getting so high. I have been shouting and crying about this. There is no nation which can survive it. Nigeria has over 200 million people and it is not up to Texas which is a state in the US. While the US has a total population of just over 300million. So, how will Nigeria make it? In the next 5 years if Nigeria goes on multiplying like this, the population here will be more than that of the US. This will be car.zy.

Only Lagos has 21 million. Is this normal? In my opinion, Lagos should be more than 30millin. Tell me how Lagos can ever be clean. Tell me how we will be prosperous. What 1 person should have, about 50 are presently sharing it. Tell me how there can be prosperity in the Land. Tell me why there won't be cases like this. Tell me why there will not be hardened criminals.

Sweden, Norway, and many EU nations are under 10 million.

I have been saying that Nigeria must make a law to prohibit more than 1 child every 10 years. You want more than 1 child, wait for 10 years. If you violate it, the child will not be awarded Nigerian citizenship and you pay exactly the fees of foreigners for the child. And you dear not neglect the child. You neglect the child, you go to jail and the child is given to someone else to take care of and awarded Nigerian citizenship. Simple. When we do this, we will get serious.

If not, world power will depopulate us. Yes, they will. They have been warning us, but we are playing with it. We are playing with fire.

This issue is one of the foundational problems of Nigeria. A group of people who are controlled by their sex organs. This is a serious problem. Nigerians are gluttons. Yes.

I need to get out of this nation. This is getting serious.

It is only a problem if economic development does not keep pace or exceed population growth.

Had it done so, population growth naturally decreases anyway. This is why I have attacked Buhari and any other economically illiterate leader Nigeria has had. If the government doesn't sort out the economic fortunes of all Nigeria, then in truth the nation is doomed..
Re: Oshodi Underbridge Where Homeless Children Find ‘Comfort’ by Gemid94(m): 9:07am On Feb 15, 2022
incogni2o:
I don't understand why some people will see something bad and try to glorify it .

Which on is WHERE HOMELESS CHILDREN FIND COMFORT.

A place where a lot of people have being robbed, even me not just one attempted robbery even my car was damaged.

A place where children who choose to live wayward find comfort.

A very dangerous place.

Likely more than 80% of them choose that path

There are a lot of other legit hustles than to find yourself there.

In as much I understand your point of view, but I would like to point your attention to the inverted comma around the term 'comfort' which means it is used based on context and not out of context. It is important to understand that in writing, writers can decide to use a word not necessarily as intended by the reader but based on their diction. The writer is in best position to tell us what he meant by the term 'comfort' in this stance. Cheers.
Re: Oshodi Underbridge Where Homeless Children Find ‘Comfort’ by incogni2o: 9:19am On Feb 15, 2022
Gemid94:

In as much I understand your point of view, but I would like to point your attention to the inverted comma around the term 'comfort' which means it is used based on context and not out of context. It is important to understand that in writing, writers can decide to use a word not necessarily as intended by the reader but based on their diction. The writer is in best position to tell us what he meant by the term 'comfort' in this stance. Cheers.

Thanks for pointing that out, didn't even think it that way.

Though I think my comment would also keep people from thinking in line with the literal meaning of comfort.
Re: Oshodi Underbridge Where Homeless Children Find ‘Comfort’ by incogni2o: 9:21am On Feb 15, 2022
azraeljaheel:

I truly understand everything you wrote... But then again nobody would love to be in those guys state...

I don't think they are happy with their situation

Are you happy with your own situation smiley?
Re: Oshodi Underbridge Where Homeless Children Find ‘Comfort’ by tamdun: 9:23am On Feb 15, 2022
Ambode wasted all fashola's effort and sanwolu too isn't doing well, fashola's Oshodi was saner

1 Like

Re: Oshodi Underbridge Where Homeless Children Find ‘Comfort’ by BigDawsNet: 9:29am On Feb 15, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:
This is the real reason I am leaving this country. I think I need to start my life elsewhere and build a new place as my home.

After analyzing Nigeria, I have realized Nigeria will be like India. But with high rate of crime and corruption, Nigeria will be worse.

Nigeria is wasting its time praying to God. Let God send Michael, Gabriel, Uriel as our president, Nigeria cannot get better. Ask me why?

Our population is getting so high. I have been shouting and crying about this. There is no nation which can survive it. Nigeria has over 200 million people and it is not up to Texas which is a state in the US. While the US has a total population of just over 300million. So, how will Nigeria make it? In the next 5 years if Nigeria goes on multiplying like this, the population here will be more than that of the US. This will be car.zy.

Only Lagos has 21 million. Is this normal? In my opinion, Lagos should be more than 30millin. Tell me how Lagos can ever be clean. Tell me how we will be prosperous. What 1 person should have, about 50 are presently sharing it. Tell me how there can be prosperity in the Land. Tell me why there won't be cases like this. Tell me why there will not be hardened criminals.

I have been saying that Nigeria must make a law to prohibit more than 1 child every 10 years. You want more than 1 child, wait for 10 years. If you violate it, the child will not be awarded Nigerian citizenship and you pay exactly the fees of foreigners for the child. And you dear not neglect the child. You neglect the child, you go to jail and the child is given to someone else to take care of and awarded Nigerian citizenship. Simple. When we do this, we will get serious.

If not, world power will depopulate us. Yes, they will. They have been warning us, but we are playing with it. We are playing with fire.

This issue is one of the foundational problems of Nigeria. A group of people who are controlled by their sex organs. This is a serious problem. Nigerians are gluttons. Yes.

Don't stress yourself bro
Nigeria will never adopt the one child policy
It will never work

Even if the southern and eastern part of the country accept it... Northern will never sign the deal....

The population will keep growing and in the next decades...we may surpass United States population and the resources which is not even enough to share among each other will be scarce and people will fight for survival

If you have the financial resources to relocate, start making the plans now...

Goodluck
Re: Oshodi Underbridge Where Homeless Children Find ‘Comfort’ by Senai(m): 9:29am On Feb 15, 2022
Hmmm

Want the easy keys and secrets to earning daily online? Check my signature for a life changing decision.
Re: Oshodi Underbridge Where Homeless Children Find ‘Comfort’ by Salihusaliheen(m): 9:39am On Feb 15, 2022
lexydobo:
Ok sah
FTC since 2012
Chineke I’m truly blessed this week
na wah for U,me wey I join nairaland barely 2month I don make am since yesterday
Re: Oshodi Underbridge Where Homeless Children Find ‘Comfort’ by bibiking7(m): 10:05am On Feb 15, 2022

Let's say I offer that girl that living with the boy under the bridge money and lovely place to stay. Will she stay with the guy or not. Just wondering

1 Like

Re: Oshodi Underbridge Where Homeless Children Find ‘Comfort’ by sokera: 10:12am On Feb 15, 2022
1nigeriamyfoot:
Oshodi never changed for good rather it get worse

Thanks to Tinubu & Musiliu Akinsanya
how do you blame Tinubu for other states failure ? Those kids you see relocated to Lagos for survival because their state of origin leaders failed them
Re: Oshodi Underbridge Where Homeless Children Find ‘Comfort’ by Ojycelarma: 10:20am On Feb 15, 2022
Nigeria should build atleast 2 homeless shelter accross each 774 local government with mass cooking, hostel style bed hall, kitchen and bathrooms

Skill accusation Center and Adult and special kids home can also be annexed with it

They can use UAE charity model to fund it, where each shopping centre, business Center, government office, public space has a secured metal and glass box for donations

.[/quote]
The government don't value the citizens enough to invest in the citizens, the work of the government is to give the youth their future. The government don't know anything about governance.

2 Likes

Re: Oshodi Underbridge Where Homeless Children Find ‘Comfort’ by Jostoman: 10:21am On Feb 15, 2022
Bussyfamm:
Abeg who know where to get fuel for Lagos?
ask government who wants to use bad fuel tactics to increase fuel pump price.
Re: Oshodi Underbridge Where Homeless Children Find ‘Comfort’ by Ojycelarma: 10:32am On Feb 15, 2022
sokera:
how do you blame Tinubu for other states failure ? Those kids you see relocated to Lagos for survival because their state of origin leaders failed them
Okay

1 Like

Re: Oshodi Underbridge Where Homeless Children Find ‘Comfort’ by Ojycelarma: 10:34am On Feb 15, 2022
Flexherbal:
The society has failed them.
Failed them woefully, the leaders of tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Oshodi Underbridge Where Homeless Children Find ‘Comfort’ by Aboguede(m): 10:42am On Feb 15, 2022
Tinubu has made enough money to waste to be president but all to the detriment of these children shocked
Re: Oshodi Underbridge Where Homeless Children Find ‘Comfort’ by Ojycelarma: 10:43am On Feb 15, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:

The Nigeria government should try to invest in her citizens.
Population is power, you can't say Nigeria does not own enough land or water space or what ever space they need. They have the human resources they should invest in the citizens and see the returns they get. That how you build a country. Nigeria needs to educated its citizens
Re: Oshodi Underbridge Where Homeless Children Find ‘Comfort’ by Edusouls(m): 10:59am On Feb 15, 2022
Chai so this is the Lagos they talk about everywhere?

1 Like

Re: Oshodi Underbridge Where Homeless Children Find ‘Comfort’ by Revolva(m): 11:24am On Feb 15, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:

Excatly ..bro when I forsee the future of this nation I de fear for my future

Everything is not getting better ...crime prostitution , everywhere population is increasing day by day ...

1 Like

Re: Oshodi Underbridge Where Homeless Children Find ‘Comfort’ by ALFADOS(m): 12:12pm On Feb 15, 2022
Many cases no love found, one day it will be sunny day for every one
Re: Oshodi Underbridge Where Homeless Children Find ‘Comfort’ by jclassiq(m): 1:00pm On Feb 15, 2022
Flexherbal:
The society has failed them.
And they are seriously getting back at society for failing them so. The nuisance they constitute is troubling enough.

1 Like

Re: Oshodi Underbridge Where Homeless Children Find ‘Comfort’ by Nobody: 1:25pm On Feb 15, 2022
Ojycelarma:

The Nigeria government should try to invest in its citizens.
The population is power, you can't say Nigeria does not own enough land or water space or whatever space they need. They have the human resources they should invest in the citizens and see the returns they get. That is how you build a country. Nigeria needs to educate its citizens
You are one of the troubles of Nigeria. And illiteracy is your problem. The US is like 30 times Nigeria. This was the example I made. Nigeria is over 200 million while the US is above 300m. If you put the same ratio of the population which Nigeria has now in the US, the population there will be around 30 times 350million. So that GDP per capital is slashed by 30. Is this power for the US? I think you do not understand this topic. This is purely illiteracy. I implore you to stop commenting on what you don't understand.

You should tell Indian such that population is power. It is a curse when you cannot control your sex organ. Even China has controlled its population. South Korea with the same huge family orientation as Nigeria has successfully corrected it.

Oga, it is not how to build a nation. Overpopulation is how to destroy a nation. Go and get educated and stop misinforming people.

So, Nigeria should remove the whole forest because we have land. Which land? Listen again...the US is like 30 times Nigeria with 350million and Nigeria is 250million. If you do not understand anything, take time to allow this to sink into your head.

3 Likes

Re: Oshodi Underbridge Where Homeless Children Find ‘Comfort’ by Nobody: 1:28pm On Feb 15, 2022
BigDawsNet:

Don't stress yourself bro
Nigeria will never adopt the one child policy
It will never work

Even if the southern and eastern part of the country accept it... Northern will never sign the deal..

The population will keep growing and in the next decades...we may surpass United States population and the resources which is not even enough to share among each other will be scarce and people will fight for survival

If you have the financial resources to relocate, start making the plans now...

Goodluck
Exactly my point. We will not. Even many of these people are already blasting me that they must have many children.

Sir, the solution is to relocate. Yes, I know. Nigeria will never adopt the one-child policy.

May God help Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Oshodi Underbridge Where Homeless Children Find ‘Comfort’ by Nobody: 1:37pm On Feb 15, 2022
nograv:

It is only a problem if economic development does not keep pace or exceed population growth.

Had it done so, population growth naturally decreases anyway. This is why I have attacked Buhari and any other economically illiterate leader Nigeria has had. If the government doesn't sort out the economic fortunes of all Nigeria, then in truth the nation is doomed.
You do not get it. Put the most brilliant economist as the president of Nigeria, it is not possible. Ha ba! Did you not read the analysis?

Population is a game of exponential function. We need to fix it because natural resources remain constant. Go and read my posts again cos I do not have the energy to repeat what I have typed.

The government has got its issue, but this is the foundational problem of Nigeria.

Listen, Goodluck kept saying the GDP of Nigeria was at its best when he was the president which is the truth. Even as of today, our GDP is not bad. But prosperity will not reach everyone. It is why no matter the figures govt projects, people always ask about how it is affecting the common man. How? It cannot. What 1 person should have, 50 are presently sharing it. This is the main issue here.

3 Likes

Re: Oshodi Underbridge Where Homeless Children Find ‘Comfort’ by Nobody: 2:06pm On Feb 15, 2022
incogni2o:

Are you happy with your own situation smiley?

I am not happy with my cs but I am contented with my cs...
Re: Oshodi Underbridge Where Homeless Children Find ‘Comfort’ by Johel(m): 2:15pm On Feb 15, 2022
Re: Oshodi Underbridge Where Homeless Children Find ‘Comfort’ by Panda7(m): 2:19pm On Feb 15, 2022
if you look at Lagos problems you may think every Nigerian state suffer same, its govt corruption has gotten to the high heavens if they can't manage the state
Re: Oshodi Underbridge Where Homeless Children Find ‘Comfort’ by 1nigeriamyfoot: 3:22pm On Feb 15, 2022
sokera:

Tinubu elevate MC Oluomo & many kids sees going to school as waste of time.
Re: Oshodi Underbridge Where Homeless Children Find ‘Comfort’ by merits(m): 3:39pm On Feb 15, 2022
Re: Oshodi Underbridge Where Homeless Children Find ‘Comfort’ by Aaau: 4:21pm On Feb 15, 2022
Oh
Re: Oshodi Underbridge Where Homeless Children Find ‘Comfort’ by Allisgud: 4:30pm On Feb 15, 2022
Sanwo olu see all this one's o before him reach Anthony,my advice is Lagos state govt should just pack all those teenagers among them take them to a place like correctional house feed and teach them skills and employ them when they are good

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Young Girl Dies Inside Plane From Sudan To Nigeria / Taxi Driver Manually Operating His Wiper During A Heavy Rain In Port Harcourt / United States Embassy Suspends Interview Waiver "Drop Box" For Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.