Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,176 members, 7,829,212 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

Sportybet Scam/fraud Alert!!! Please Help!!! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Sportybet Scam/fraud Alert!!! Please Help!!! (970 Views)

Sportybet Scam: How 8,500 was cleared from my account. / Fraud Alert! Please Who Know Mayorall, Scammed Me Huge Amount Of Money!!! / 12 Proofs Naijataxi Is Scam/fraud & Ponzi!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sportybet Scam/fraud Alert!!! Please Help!!! by SamGryffindor: 12:19pm On Feb 16, 2022
Hello Everyone!

Today, I received a debit alert of ₦1000 with description Online Sporty with a particular transaction id. While I'm thankful, that it was only a mini amount of money, I'm also worried and curious as to how this could have happened.

Please does anyone have an idea or have had any such experience of unwarranted debit from Online Sporty.
I've never used my ATM or whatever to transact with them, I don't even have an account with them and to the best of my knowledge, my ATM card isn't compromised. Meanwhile, I've contacted my bank customer care on the phone to block my ATM card for online transactions before they withdraw the remaining available cash, and also enquired from them how that could have happened since I never authorised such but they're insisting I was the one that authorised the transaction which really baffles me.

Please I'm sharing my story so anyone who's experienced such prior can help enlighten me on how such could have transpired.

Re: Sportybet Scam/fraud Alert!!! Please Help!!! by Adamtrampan: 1:52pm On Feb 16, 2022
Before i advice, hope you have taken the balance out of the account?
Re: Sportybet Scam/fraud Alert!!! Please Help!!! by HenryWilliams(m): 2:16pm On Feb 16, 2022
First of all. Don't ever use your main account to transact online. Always have another account with Limited cash.
It's possible your account has been hacked.
Re: Sportybet Scam/fraud Alert!!! Please Help!!! by tesseract: 2:30pm On Feb 16, 2022
Always set up multiple security measures on your bank accounts. Apart from pins and passwords, always use your token and or otp to validate all transactions ranging from those as small as purchase of data and credit to transfers of any amount.
Also don't store your card details on apps that go online, always use the virtual bank transfer option provided by wema.
If you still have access to this bank account please go and change all of your banking passwords because its obvious your account has been compromised.
Re: Sportybet Scam/fraud Alert!!! Please Help!!! by SamGryffindor: 10:31pm On Feb 16, 2022
Yes. It's been secured already. I just wish to know how it could have happened for the future.
Adamtrampan:
Before i advice, hope you have taken the balance out of the account?
Re: Sportybet Scam/fraud Alert!!! Please Help!!! by SamGryffindor: 10:32pm On Feb 16, 2022
This is huge. So transacting online with our accounts puts it in jeopardy? I wasn't aware. Thank you
HenryWilliams:
First of all. Don't ever use your main account to transact online. Always have another account with Limited cash.
It's possible your account has been hacked.
Re: Sportybet Scam/fraud Alert!!! Please Help!!! by SamGryffindor: 10:33pm On Feb 16, 2022
My bank sends OTP for online transactions. I have no idea how they didn't send this time around.
I really just don't get it.
tesseract:
Always set up multiple measures on your bank accounts. Apart from pins and passwords, always use your token and or otp to validate all transactions ranging from those as small as purchase of data and credit to transfers of any amount.
Also don't store your card details on apps that go online, always use the virtual bank transfer option provided by wema.
If you still have access to this bank account please go and change all of your banking passwords because its obvious your account has been compromised.

(1) (Reply)

I Am Calling On The Govt Of Sokoto And FG To Punish The Killers Of Ms Deborah / Watch South Korea Halloween Stampede Video Goes Viral On Twitter,seoul’s Itaewon / Lady Calls Out Her Bank Over N4m Transferred From Her Account Unauthorized

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.