Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,169 members, 7,842,354 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

Speaking In Tongues Is Pure Stupidity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Speaking In Tongues Is Pure Stupidity (959 Views)

Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) / The Best Time To Speak In Tongues Is During S3x - Female Pastor Tell Her Members / Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Speaking In Tongues Is Pure Stupidity by SultanOfPuna: 10:03am On Feb 17, 2022
Brooooo, christians are comedians
If Jesus was to comeback and see how they have twisted and remixed his teachings.
Jesus go vex go back heaven.

I think the main problem with christians is that they take everything in the bible as VERBATIM
They forget that the Bible is a Parable
It has much deeper meaning than just looking at the words.

When Apostles caught holy spirit. They were able to speak in differnt tounges.
The problem is that 80% of christians read that verse without deeper understanding.
Different tongues means "Languages"
Replace languages with different tongues

when the Apostles caught the holy spirit. They were able to speak in different languages

Speaking in different languages means being able to preach the gospel to different people who have different languages.

Like being able to preach the gospel to an arabic man who has a different tongue (language)
Preaching the gospel to an indian man who has a different tongue (language).

This is a gift, not all can be able to preach gospel to a hindi or muslim in different language they will understand.

3 Likes

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Pure Stupidity by SultanOfPuna: 10:03am On Feb 17, 2022
Now due to poor translation and lack of deeper spiritual understanding.
Some pastors think speaking in different tongues is to say shakata boro boro shende lisa repete bobobo ratata skendeleboska grin grin grin

Ignorance is a disease, and you see thpusands of gullible members follow and be saying rubbish. Its a comedy show.

This is why it is good to have deeper spiritual understanding of the bible.
You will realize that Apostles were scared to preach the gospel due to roman persecution.
But after they caught the holy spirit.
They became bold and went out to preach the gospel to different people who spoke different tongues (languages)
That is what speaking in tongues mean
Tongue means language, thats why we say Mother tongue which means your language.
My mother tongue is yoruba means i speak yoruba language.
Speaking in tongues means speaking in differnt languages.
So if you meet chinese you can be able to preach the gospel in the way he will understand
If you meet arab man you preach in the differnt tongue (language) he will understand.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Pure Stupidity by PlayerMeji: 10:08am On Feb 17, 2022
Pass your message without insults and derogatory statements.
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Pure Stupidity by Michelle70(m): 10:10am On Feb 17, 2022
This one no go fit communicate without insults
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Pure Stupidity by Flexherbal(m): 10:12am On Feb 17, 2022
That’s your opinion
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Pure Stupidity by Nobody: 10:17am On Feb 17, 2022
Confused people euerywhere.
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Pure Stupidity by SultanOfPuna: 10:17am On Feb 17, 2022
selamob:
A devil just spoke through you
You christians are so obsessed with devil
Any small thing devil, devil this ,devil that

Your obsession with devil is too much
cant you go a day without mentioning devil
Abi una be him fans??

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Pure Stupidity by Michelle70(m): 10:20am On Feb 17, 2022
SultanOfPuna:

You christians are so obsessed with devil
Any small thing devil, devil this ,devil that

Your obsession with devil is too much
cant you go a day without mentioning devil
Abi una be him fans??
what is ur business if they call devil?
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Pure Stupidity by SultanOfPuna: 10:22am On Feb 17, 2022
Flexherbal:
That’s your opinion
Why does every one that speak in tongues start with "Shakata" grin grin grin
Shakata roboroboro.
Shakata rebalebale
Una just dey decieve unaself grin grin

Bible said apostles spoke in tongues and the people understood what they were saying.

So what the hell is Shakata robobolobo serendimakataye bible said Apostles spoke on tongues and they people understand what they said. So explain what shakata robolobo means

3 Likes

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Pure Stupidity by Nonexisting: 10:23am On Feb 17, 2022
And this is romantic, how?

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Pure Stupidity by SultanOfPuna: 10:24am On Feb 17, 2022
Michelle70:
what is ur business if they call devil?
Then you are not different from occult people who call devil everyday.
Devil living rent free in your head

4 Likes

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Pure Stupidity by Michelle70(m): 10:26am On Feb 17, 2022
SultanOfPuna:

Then you are not different from occult people who call devil everyday.
Devil living rent free in your head
ur problem is too big for u to handle.
Allow Christians to believe what they want to.

All these nonsense forcing opinion on people is sick, its not like u are any better sef

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Pure Stupidity by Healthrelatedjo: 10:29am On Feb 17, 2022
Easy bro
I Sabi person wey dey speak pure Chinese whenever she's in the spirit
E get one Yoruba woman wey dey speak fluent hausa whenever she's in the spirit
E get one wey dey speak like arabians whenever she's in the spirit.
There's this thread on nl where the op said an uneducated old man in the north spoke English fluently when he encountered the holy Spirit.

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Pure Stupidity by FeliciaOja(f): 10:36am On Feb 17, 2022
Healthrelatedjo:
Easy bro
There's this thread on nl where the op said an uneducated old man in the north spoke English fluently when he encountered the holy Spirit.
That is exactly what op is saying, that the speaking in tongues means been able to speak in different languages. I agree that pastors have abused this by saying made up words and inaudible words that people cant understand.
Op has a valid point but he doesn't know how to deliver his point without insults

4 Likes

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Pure Stupidity by Vinnie2000(m): 10:41am On Feb 17, 2022
OP, You re right. Speaking in tongues is a christian aberration. Peter and d other apostles in d upper room actually spoke in foreign languages e.g. A Nigerian suddenly speaking Spanish during prayer session. Not the linbrosketelebo tongues. It is Nigerian pentecostals as led by Bishop Idahosa in the 80's that kickstarted this terrible christian anomaly.

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Pure Stupidity by thesicilian: 10:45am On Feb 17, 2022
You can judge the level of intelligence of a person from the kind of words that come out of his mouth
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Pure Stupidity by Vinnie2000(m): 10:55am On Feb 17, 2022
Healthrelatedjo:
Easy bro
That yoruba woman already knew how to speak hausa b4. Same as the person who spoke chinese. The OP is correct. Speaking in tongues is hogwash and a big Christian error. The early Catholics, Anglicans, celestial and methodist christians in Nigeria never did it. It is pentecostals that introduced this nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Pure Stupidity by SultanOfPuna: 11:00am On Feb 17, 2022
thesicilian:
You can judge the level of intelligence of a person from the kind of words that come out of his mouth
Only God can judge me
You are nothing but a mere rat compared to God. So i dont take your judgement serious.
All you people do is judge judge and judge
When Christ clearly told you not to judge ur fellow. Bloody hypocrites

4 Likes

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Pure Stupidity by Healthrelatedjo: 11:01am On Feb 17, 2022
The lady that spoke Chinese is my current girlfriend,and she's just 18years old,and has no link or connection with anybody from China.
Vinnie2000:
That yoruba woman already knew how to speak hausa b4. Same as the person who spoke chinese. The OP is correct. Speaking in tongues is hogwash and a big Christian error. The early Catholics, Anglicans, celestial and methodist christians in Nigeria never did it. It is pentecostals that introduced this nonsense!
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Pure Stupidity by Healthrelatedjo: 11:04am On Feb 17, 2022
See guys,this speaking in tongues of a thing is something you cannot explain, because once you are engulfed in the holy spirit you no longer have control over yourself,and this also includes speaking in tongues.E get some Pentecostal church wey don bastadize d thing sha
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Pure Stupidity by SultanOfPuna: 11:13am On Feb 17, 2022
Healthrelatedjo:
See guys,this speaking in tongues of a thing is something you cannot explain, because once you are engulfed in the holy spirit you no longer have control over yourself,and this also includes speaking in tongues.E get some Pentecostal church wey don bastadize d thing sha
The real speaking in tongues is when a nigerian is engulfed im the holy spirit then starts to speak in Chinese or arabic.
That is the full power of holy spirit in display

but you see those ones thst say Shakata Shakere Bandaleeeee romakatata sinbaye grin grin grin
Those ones are fake ones. Pentecostal churches have truly bastardized such a unique and great gift.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Pure Stupidity by thesicilian: 11:21am On Feb 17, 2022
SultanOfPuna:

Only God can judge me
You are nothing but a mere rat compared to God. So i dont take your judgement serious.
All you people do is judge judge and judge
When Christ clearly told you not to judge ur fellow. Bloody hypocrites
See? It's not even me or God that's judging you now, it's your conscience.
My statement in itself did not say anything bad about you. In fact it could even have been a compliment to you, but your conscience made you reason it in a negative light.
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Pure Stupidity by Vinnie2000(m): 11:24am On Feb 17, 2022
Healthrelatedjo:
The lady that spoke Chinese is my current girlfriend,and she's just 18years old,and has no link or connection with anybody from China.
One of my female students who is also 18 learnt how to speak korean just from watching doz korean fine boy series. There is nothing like speaking in tongue, bro. It is a terrible, crazy invention from those over excited pentecostals of the 80's. Oshoffa, Babalola, blessed tansi, etc never did it.
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Pure Stupidity by alexvic12: 11:26am On Feb 17, 2022
Knowing that Jesus still loves you deeper than you could imagine gives me the strength to say may God forgive you.
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Pure Stupidity by SultanOfPuna: 11:29am On Feb 17, 2022
alexvic12:
Knowing that Jesus still loves you deeper than you could imagine gives me the strength to say may God forgive you.

If hitler can still give his life to christ seconds before dieing thst means his sins are forgiven.

Then who am i, God forgives humans cant forgive
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Pure Stupidity by SultanOfPuna: 11:44am On Feb 17, 2022
thesicilian:

See? It's not even me or God that's judging you now, it's your conscience.
My statement in itself did not say anything bad about you. In fact it could even have been a compliment to you, but your conscience made you reason it in a negative light.
That is what you get when you dont specify who you are reffering to.
If you shot aimlessly in the battle field
then get ready to be shoot by any bullet.

Next time, learn how to speak direct to whoever you are speaking to or else anything u see u take it
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Pure Stupidity by thesicilian: 11:53am On Feb 17, 2022
SultanOfPuna:

That is what you get when you dont specify who you are reffering to.
If you shot aimlessly in the battle field
then get ready to be shoot by any bullet.

Next time, learn how to speak direct to whoever you are speaking to or else anything u see u take it
Lol. You're just an attention seeker. You should do something more worthwhile with your time
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Pure Stupidity by pussymonger1: 12:05pm On Feb 17, 2022
I NO FIT WAIT TILL JESUS COME BUT I GO VIBE TILL KINGDOM COME .

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Pure Stupidity by Hundredfold4lif(m): 12:13pm On Feb 17, 2022
WHEN ONE IS REASONING THROUGH THE ANUS!
EVEN MAD PEOPLE ARE MORE SENSIBLE THAN SOME DEBASED MINDS!
IMAGINE DUST TALKING ABOUT THE HOLY SPIRIT!�
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Pure Stupidity by SultanOfPuna: 1:51pm On Feb 17, 2022
Hundredfold4lif:
WHEN ONE IS REASONING THROUGH THE ANUS!
EVEN MAD PEOPLE ARE MORE SENSIBLE THAN SOME DEBASED MINDS!
IMAGINE DUST TALKING ABOUT THE HOLY SPIRIT!�
You just described YOURSELF in full details
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Pure Stupidity by Nobody: 2:54pm On Feb 17, 2022
They are truly steaking in thongs grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Pastor Ezekiel Atang Died Few Days To His 50th Birthday [VIDEO/PHOTOS] / Leaked: Chat Between Gospel Artist Sensational Bamidele And Lady IB / I Was Told Tmc Are Hypocrites?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.