Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,588 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? (29166 Views)

Husband Caught His Politician Wife In Bed With Their Adopted Son (Pictures) / Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons / My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? by fredoooooo: 2:31pm On Feb 19, 2022
Nature , blood and feelings will decide that at the right time ...

1 Like

Re: You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? by naija4life247: 2:33pm On Feb 19, 2022
Sunnydoo:
An adoptees needs to prove themselves before they are called sons. If they don't, u remind them who they are one-day, someday soon.
Always know that; blood is thicker than water, because, it contains a soul.

So, blood always comes first.

Somebody that used his mother or somebody that used his child for money rituals nko? Is water thicker than the person's blood?

Try to dey use your sense before my Ogun brethren mine that your head for money rituals

2 Likes

Re: You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? by PoliteActivist: 2:37pm On Feb 19, 2022
ProfAmaben:

There's a reason why the Obas of Benin must be the biological sons of their father. How can I adopt if nothing is wrong with me? undecided

And how were they able to ascertain that without DNA??
You may adopt because you love the (orphan) child. Then they may end up your closest son, confidant, friend, far more than any of your biologicals

2 Likes

Re: You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? by bluefilm: 2:39pm On Feb 19, 2022
My first son is the one that came straight from my Scrotum.

1 Like

Re: You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? by Lekison(m): 2:40pm On Feb 19, 2022
mu2sa2:
This sort of stupid questions usually emanate from SU guys in those days. If you truly adopted a son, he's become your son - your first son in this case. If you later have another son, that one is your second son. Shikena.
indeed grin

1 Like

Re: You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? by halfcurrent(m): 2:41pm On Feb 19, 2022
InTheCloudySky:
When you adopt a child, you're to love + accept him/her as your own child. They become YOUR child. If you later bear a biological child, your adopted child remains your first child, while your biological child will be your second.

Excellent ��

2 Likes

Re: You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? by Kobojunkie: 2:41pm On Feb 19, 2022
asainco:

LOL, forget e dey easy to talk for mouth Sha... Ur wife never put pressure for ur head.
Put pressure on your head? Na same excuse una dey use allow una wife's maltreat other people children wey dey live with una as househelps. Una no dey tire of this kain foolishness abi? undecided

3 Likes

Re: You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? by halfcurrent(m): 2:42pm On Feb 19, 2022
Jeboy:
This post just shows how much so many of us are unexposed to the way people see life globally. Do yourself good to travel across continents, mix up with folks better than you.

Adoption is for people with heart that can take the child as theirs without discrimination that they ain't their biological son and daughters. Let's grow up please.

Another great response… thumbs up

1 Like

Re: You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? by PoliteActivist: 2:43pm On Feb 19, 2022
OlujobaSamuel:
I got married to an adopted child, parents were still alive at time of adoption but father is now late(few month after adoption, probably that was why he gave her up because that was the only daughter he gave out (she wasn't the first nor last, neither was she the only girl).
The family he gave her to treated her like a child, (there was a child already, so no issue of first or second born), however, they all have equal rights and you can't tell who is who except you are told.
If I want trouble today, I should try and separate her from her mum(adopted mum), na family go settle the matter.
I even rarely talk to her biological mum and siblings compared to her adopted siblings. I don't see any difference except in the word(adopted and biological), in terms of parental care and support, my parent in-law is the best.
God bless them always.

Of course it's a no brainer - whoever brought you up and showered you with love and discipline is your true parent, not the person who donated sperm or egg!

2 Likes

Re: You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? by IGBOSON1: 2:45pm On Feb 19, 2022
InTheCloudySky:
When you adopt a child, you're to love + accept him/her as your own child. They become YOUR child. If you later bear a biological child, your adopted child remains your first child, while your biological child will be your second.

Unfortunately, many Africans....not just Nigerians, lack the understanding and empathy to reason like this! They seem to think adopting a child is the same thing with fostering one!

2 Likes

Re: You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? by PoliteActivist: 2:46pm On Feb 19, 2022
naija4life247:

Somebody that used his mother or somebody that used his child for money rituals nko? Is water thicker than the person's blood?

Try to dey use your sense before my Ogun brethren mine that your head for money rituals

Stop insulting skullerly Ogun people, you tribalist grin
Re: You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? by christistruth01: 2:46pm On Feb 19, 2022
The adopted Child is your first Son

The Bible says Love is Stronger than death
Re: You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? by luuvlly: 2:46pm On Feb 19, 2022
When you adopt a child fully and legal ( not training uncle or aunty son or any relative son that will come claim later) but adopted son that doesn't recognize anybody else as his parents, he is surely the first born
Re: You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Feb 19, 2022
Hatesin:

"Easily said than done"

More like easily said and done on paper than in real life lolz.
Re: You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? by Fesline(m): 2:49pm On Feb 19, 2022
InTheCloudySky:

Your first son will be your biological son....The one you gave birth to

Ask GOD_BIBLE_Abraham about this
Re: You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? by Walkee: 2:50pm On Feb 19, 2022
InTheCloudySky:
not in my tradition
Re: You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? by TenQ: 2:50pm On Feb 19, 2022
PoliteActivist:

And what has legality to do with it? Is there any legal rights afforded a first son?

(I wonder what it feels like NOT being a first son. To us first sons being first son is NOTHING. Only when I come accross threads like this)
Adoption is a legal process where you legally take over the parenthood of the child. In fact, if the biological father comes along, he doesn't have any right over the child until the child becomes an ADULT!

1 Like

Re: You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? by favour32(m): 2:51pm On Feb 19, 2022
Theorically,e dey easy to answer but practically, nai you go know wetin dey.
Re: You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? by phemmyfour: 2:52pm On Feb 19, 2022
CHIMAOBICCU:
You adopted a boy and later, God blessed you with a boy, who will be your first son?
Biological son
First definition of a family is relationship by BLOOD
Re: You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? by DesChyko: 2:55pm On Feb 19, 2022
Whomever your kinsmen accept.
Re: You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? by FreeIgboho: 2:57pm On Feb 19, 2022
PoliteActivist:

Stop insulting skullerly Ogun people, you tribalist grin

Chai, Ogun people don’t suffer grin
Re: You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? by tctrills: 3:01pm On Feb 19, 2022
CHIMAOBICCU:
You adopted a boy and later, God blessed you with a boy, who will be your first son?
You adopted a girl and later gave birth to a girl, who is your first daughter?
Why ask a question that the answer is so obvious.
Re: You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? by OlujobaSamuel: 3:09pm On Feb 19, 2022
PoliteActivist:

Of course it's a no brainer - whoever brought you up and showered you with love and discipline is your true parent, not the person who donated sperm or egg!
I don't know what you meant oo, but if it's the idea of irresponsible parenting, her parents (biological) were not irresponsible.
They were well to do according to their village standard, and her dad gives adequate care to all his children within his limited capacity.
I learnt my wife was his favorite child (the reason unknown to any of the children or mum), so probably release her when he knew he was passing away soon( lots of siblings after her, so not the youngest).
Anyway, I appreciate both parents for training her to be the woman she is today.
Re: You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? by FreeIgboho: 3:11pm On Feb 19, 2022
tctrills:

You adopted a girl and later gave birth to a girl, who is your first daughter?
Why ask a question that the answer is so obvious.

The answer is not obvious at all. What is the answer?
Re: You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? by Akuruoulo(m): 3:12pm On Feb 19, 2022
MrBrownJay1:
adopted son will be the 1st child, biological son will fully understand....all chldren will be loved equally (whether male female biological or otherwise), and receive equal share in my will.

only foolish people die without a will,
Na person weh get properties and investments the write will.
I also hope u make their responsibilities equal too

1 Like

Re: You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? by TroubleMaker47(m): 3:14pm On Feb 19, 2022
InTheCloudySky:
By your explanation, God was wrong when he told Abraham to send Haggai and Ishmael away
Re: You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? by Collyno82(m): 3:18pm On Feb 19, 2022
CHIMAOBICCU:
The question should be which one is the first fruit?
Re: You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Feb 19, 2022
My biological son make I nor lie.
Re: You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? by murmee: 3:20pm On Feb 19, 2022
InTheCloudySky:
Beautiful!

1 Like

Re: You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? by WoundedLamb: 3:21pm On Feb 19, 2022
caesymore:
Mehn...

The adopted will be made to know he is not my biological son, and I will definitely take care of him as mine but definitely not as my first child and I pray I trained him well not to feel jealous because any atom of jealousy will mean I'm sending him away far away

I believe this would be you destroying your own family yourself. The child that came later naturally wouldn't have any problem accepting his position as the second child. Why create an unnecessary mess then? If you don't believe your adopted child is fully your child, why adopt? You think there's anything you can do for that guy for him not to feel terrible? By sending him away, you're literally telling him he doesn't belong. If he's not your first child, whose child is he? You're not only planning to kill him with depression, you're also starting an endless war in your family.

My opinion.

4 Likes

Re: You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? by murmee: 3:21pm On Feb 19, 2022
InTheCloudySky:
For a sane, mature and kindhearted person, that's the way it is. If you don't agree or can't do that, then stay away from adoption.
Period!

1 Like

Re: You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Feb 19, 2022
caesymore:
Mehn...

The adopted will be made to know he is not my biological son, and I will definitely take care of him as mine but definitely not as my first child and I pray I trained him well not to feel jealous because any atom of jealousy will mean I'm sending him away far away
selfish people everywhere. Why'd you adopt if you can't love the child as your own flesh and blood?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? / Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? / Why So Many Women Still Take Their Husband’s Last Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.