Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,712 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:52 PM

My First MERN Application - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / My First MERN Application (2360 Views)

My MERN Stack Ecommerce Web Application / Omo! See My MERN Full Stack Diamon Web App (frontend And Backend) / Nigeria Mern Stack And Javascript Developers Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My First MERN Application by devmek: 7:50pm On Feb 17, 2022
Hi all, I just deployed my first ever attempt at building a MERN stack application called Carfaxt, it is a car booking application for a fictitious car rental firm which aims to provide the firm with an online presence and also allow users select from the available list of rentals, make payment and have the rental delivered to their doorstep.
On the frontend aspect, I used Tailwind CSS for the styling, Material UI for the select input element, Swiper Js for the carousels and the redux library for state management. The user registration and authentication was done using JSON Web Token. On the backend, Bcrypt js was used for hashing of the user passwords. I deployed the Node backend on Heroku, The database on MongoDb's atlas and the React frontend on Netlify.
The url : https://carfaxt.netlify.app
Github repo: https://github.com/anagavc/carfaxt
Thank you.
cc: qtguru, tensazangetsu20

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My First MERN Application by salvationproject(m): 8:00pm On Feb 17, 2022
nice one... weldone

1 Like

Re: My First MERN Application by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:05pm On Feb 17, 2022
devmek:
Hi all, I just deployed my first ever attempt at building a MERN stack application called Carfaxt, it is a car booking application for a fictitious car rental firm which aims to provide the firm with an online presence and also allow users select from the available list of rentals, make payment and have the rental delivered to their doorstep.
On the frontend aspect, I used Tailwind CSS for the styling, Material UI for the select input element, Swiper Js for the carousels and the redux library for state management. The user registration and authentication was done using JSON Web Token. On the backend, Bcrypt js was used for hashing of the user passwords. I deployed the Node backend on Heroku, The database on MongoDb's atlas and the React frontend on Netlify.
Thank you.

This is an amazing project damn. How long have you been coding?

1 Like

Re: My First MERN Application by devmek: 8:15pm On Feb 17, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

This is an amazing project damn. How long have you been coding?
Thank you very much, I started last year's June.
Re: My First MERN Application by devmek: 8:16pm On Feb 17, 2022
salvationproject:
nice one... weldone
Thank you very much
Re: My First MERN Application by Karleb(m): 8:19pm On Feb 17, 2022
This is very good. One of the best UI my eyes have seen.

I just want to chip this in. Your loading spinner is taking too long. I believe the next your pages/templates are static are are not calling a large library or performing expensive CRUD operations.

Please fix that, it shouldn't spin for more than 500ms. Not spinning at all would be preferable.

Aside that, this is a 10/10 project for me.

3 Likes

Re: My First MERN Application by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:22pm On Feb 17, 2022
devmek:

Thank you very much, I started last year's June.

Damn you are ready. I would hire you in a heartbeat if I saw this on your resume.

2 Likes

Re: My First MERN Application by devmek: 9:07pm On Feb 17, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Damn you are ready. I would hire you in a heartbeat if I saw this on your resume.
Thank you sir, I have been sending out applications, hopefully, I pray I will soon start getting interview invitations
Re: My First MERN Application by devmek: 9:08pm On Feb 17, 2022
Karleb:
This is very good. One of the best UI my eyes have seen.

I just want to chip this in. Your loading spinner is taking too long. I believe the next your pages/templates are static are are not calling a large library or performing expensive CRUD operations.

Please fix that, it shouldn't spin for more than 500ms. Not spinning at all would be preferable.

Aside that, this is a 10/10 project for me.

Thank you sir, I'll work on rectifying the spinner
Re: My First MERN Application by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:13pm On Feb 17, 2022
devmek:
Thank you sir, I have been sending out applications, hopefully, I pray I will soon start getting interview invitations
With projects like this you will.

1 Like

Re: My First MERN Application by qtguru(m): 9:28pm On Feb 17, 2022
devmek:
Thank you.

Now this is a project I said people should build, a real use project. This is good work really

5 Likes

Re: My First MERN Application by islamics(m): 9:36pm On Feb 17, 2022
Nice one op. This one na real life use case. The UI sweet me.

1 Like

Re: My First MERN Application by devmek: 10:01pm On Feb 17, 2022
qtguru:

Now this is a project I said people should build, a real use project. This is good work really
Thank you very much Sir
Re: My First MERN Application by devmek: 10:01pm On Feb 17, 2022
islamics:
Nice one op. This one na real life use case. The UI sweet me.
Thanks a lot sir
Re: My First MERN Application by niel63(m): 10:08pm On Feb 17, 2022
This is quite impressive bro... Good job.

My question however is, how did you run your animations site wide.?? Framer or GSap?

3 Likes

Re: My First MERN Application by devmek: 10:22pm On Feb 17, 2022
niel63:
This is quite impressive bro... Good job.

My question however is, how did you run your animations site wide.?? Framer or GSap?
I used the Animate On Scroll library sir, then built components for each type of specific animation style I wanted and wrapped the component I wanted to animate with the animation component.
Re: My First MERN Application by niel63(m): 10:43pm On Feb 17, 2022
devmek:

I used the Animate On Scroll library sir, then built components for each type of specific animation style I wanted and wrapped the component I wanted to animate with the animation component.

Good job bro.
However you should take a look at those 2 I mentioned. You'll be happy you did.

Also, I will like you to improve your UI and color management. You have a good eye for minimalistic designs, however you need make them crispier.
Make e dey shine... even in minimalist

1 Like

Re: My First MERN Application by devmek: 10:48pm On Feb 17, 2022
niel63:

Good job bro.
However you should take a look at those 2 I mentioned. You'll be happy you did.

Also, I will like you to improve your UI and color management. You have a good eye for minimalistic designs, however you need make them crispier.
Make e dey shine... even in minimalist
Thanks a lot sir, I will check them out and I will also work more on color management
Re: My First MERN Application by LikeAking: 11:32pm On Feb 17, 2022
Great!

100%

1 Like

Re: My First MERN Application by devmek: 5:42am On Feb 18, 2022
LikeAking:
Great!

100%

Thank you sir
Re: My First MERN Application by elantraceey(f): 6:46am On Feb 18, 2022
This is really lovely. I'm gingered to up my game. Really nice op.

1 Like

Re: My First MERN Application by Iambro(m): 7:32am On Feb 18, 2022
devmek:
Thank you.

Very impressive. grin
What's the font name you used?

1 Like

Re: My First MERN Application by Saskay44: 7:55am On Feb 18, 2022
Nice bro ...if i may ask how do you get your designs
Re: My First MERN Application by emmyN(m): 8:51am On Feb 18, 2022
qtguru:

It's impressive o, see me gawking cheesy

1 Like

Re: My First MERN Application by emmyN(m): 8:55am On Feb 18, 2022
devmek:
Thank you.

How did you achieve that text fade-in effect when scrolling (not sure of a better description for it)? I've been thinking about incorporating it in one of my projects and wondering if transition and translate rules would be the best fit. Is that CSS or something else?
Re: My First MERN Application by devmek: 9:02am On Feb 18, 2022
elantraceey:
This is really lovely. I'm gingered to up my game. Really nice op.
Thank you Ma
Re: My First MERN Application by devmek: 9:03am On Feb 18, 2022
emmyN:

It's impressive o, see me gawking cheesy
Thank you sir
Re: My First MERN Application by devmek: 9:05am On Feb 18, 2022
emmyN:

How did you achieve that text fade-in effect when scrolling (not sure of a better description for it)? I've been thinking about incorporating it in one of my projects and wondering if transition and translate rules would be the best fit. Is that CSS or something else?
I used the Animate On Scroll library sir
Re: My First MERN Application by devmek: 9:06am On Feb 18, 2022
Iambro:

Very impressive. grin
What's the font name you used?
I used Poppins for the heading fonts and Noto Sans for the body
Re: My First MERN Application by devmek: 9:09am On Feb 18, 2022
Saskay44:
Nice bro ...if i may ask how do you get your designs
I get inspirations from Behance then use figma to come up with my own designs
Re: My First MERN Application by emmyN(m): 9:11am On Feb 18, 2022
devmek:
I used the Animate On Scroll library sir

Oh yeah, I checked your Github after I had dropped the question and saw it there. I would be back, lemme go tinker with some stuff on my project cheesy. Kudos man.
Re: My First MERN Application by devmek: 9:13am On Feb 18, 2022
emmyN:

Oh yeah, I checked your Github after I had dropped the question and saw it there. I would be back, lemme go tinker with some stuff on my project cheesy. Kudos man.
Okay bro

(1) (2) (Reply)

Drinks Invitation Written In C++ / Download Over 120 Graphic Design Video Tutorials / Seun, Come And See This.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.