Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,195 members, 7,845,944 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

God's Top 50 Killings, Your Merciful God Is Too Brutal - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God's Top 50 Killings, Your Merciful God Is Too Brutal (424 Views)

Is God Really A Merciful God? / The Merciful God / Will The Merciful GOD Send And Destroy People In Hell Fire? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God's Top 50 Killings, Your Merciful God Is Too Brutal by Brownicce: 9:38am On Feb 20, 2022
He kills for fun

1 Like

Re: God's Top 50 Killings, Your Merciful God Is Too Brutal by Righteousness2(m): 10:02am On Feb 20, 2022
That is the more reason Everyone Should Fear GOD and walk according to HIS commandments.

1Samuel 2:6
The LORD killeth, and maketh alive: he bringeth down to the grave, and bringeth up

Luke 12:5
But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

Deuteronomy 32:39
See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.

GOD is Merciful, kind and loving. HE also a Consuming Fire! It is a Fearful thing to Fall into HIS Hands.
HE Alone is GOD! HE does as HE likes! No one can question HIM.
You Believe HIM or you don't is irrelevant! HE Alone will Decide your Fate.
You and I cannot question HIM.
Only a Fool will Question its Owner!

1 Like

Re: God's Top 50 Killings, Your Merciful God Is Too Brutal by thesicilian: 10:17am On Feb 20, 2022
Righteousness2:
That is the more reason Everyone Should Fear GOD and walk according to HIS commandments.

The LORD killeth, and maketh alive: he bringeth down to the grave, and bringeth up

But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.

GOD is Merciful, kind and loving. HE also a Consuming Fire! It is a Fearful thing to Fall into HIS Hands.
HE Alone is GOD! HE does as HE likes! No one can question HIM.
Because you're always in a rush, you don't usually think carefully before you comment. If the ability to kill and do as one likes is a reason why one should be feared, reverenced or worshipped, does it also mean we should bow down to the hardcore terrorists and religious extremists who kill and maim with reckless abandon? Even as a Christian, I find it hard to follow your logic. Let the Holy Spirit lead you in your defence of His name.

6 Likes

Re: God's Top 50 Killings, Your Merciful God Is Too Brutal by PWGLTD(m): 10:17am On Feb 20, 2022
Righteousness2:

HE Alone is GOD! HE does as HE likes!

Gentleman you have taken your ignorance and character assassination of my God and the father of our Lord Jesus Christ to the zenith because of the darkness and gross misinterpretation of the scriptures you have put yourself into.

You clearly don't know God because you have no single understanding of the message of the bible and hence you have continued to goof around in gross ignorance and spiritual illiteracy (sorry for my choice of words but that is the only way for me to communicate your depth of ignorance in the things of God).

1 Like

Re: God's Top 50 Killings, Your Merciful God Is Too Brutal by PWGLTD(m): 10:18am On Feb 20, 2022
Brownicce:
He kills for fun

GOD DOES NOT KILL, GOD HAS NEVER KILLED, AND GOD WILL NEVER KILL!
Re: God's Top 50 Killings, Your Merciful God Is Too Brutal by PWGLTD(m): 10:19am On Feb 20, 2022
Brownicce:
He kills for fun

James 1:17
[17]Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
Re: God's Top 50 Killings, Your Merciful God Is Too Brutal by Nobody: 10:20am On Feb 20, 2022
No entity such as the God of the Bible, Qur'an or Torah has ever been demonstrably proven to exist. Therefore their "divinely inspired" natures must remain dubious.
All three describe the nature of God, Allah or Yahweh as being omnipresent, omniscient and all powerful. Nonetheless there are numerous self-contradictions, factual errors and immoral, unjust actions by god/prophet figures which directly go to disprove the infallibility of this "perfect" deity.
The Bible and Torah for certain have multiple authors' literary styles and were written over several decades/centuries, all of which point to a man made construction.
Much of the alleged historicity of the Bible (I cannot comment about the other two myself) is not remotely corroborated by other sources acknowledged by most as genuine. Archeology has verified much about antiquity but there is a great deal about the early Bible and Torah that is completely unsubstantiated by any evidence whatsoever.
The scientific "facts" and explanations of creation, biology and geology in these books - just for starters - is comical and laughable to anyone with any secondary education at all.
So... no absolute proof of a god, this god is clearly not perfect despite the teachings in his book(s), the books themselves are packed with errors typical of multiple human minds and which make a complete mockery of the idea of divine inspiration.
Well then, it's man made. But is it fictional or true? Both. There ARE facts contained in all three books - historical, moral, even occasionally scientific - but there are also definite fallacies, errors or whatever you choose to call them. An uncharitable person might call them lies...
My personal description of these three are that they are dramatic representations of history and legend with some attempts at primitve philosophy and legislation. As such they have profound literary value and significance but they have very little to teach modern mankind. Certainly nothing that we're not fully capable of working out for ourselves.

1 Like

Re: God's Top 50 Killings, Your Merciful God Is Too Brutal by Jokerman(m): 10:21am On Feb 20, 2022
Rubbish post.

God does not kill

Do you know about the goodness and mercy of God?
Re: God's Top 50 Killings, Your Merciful God Is Too Brutal by PWGLTD(m): 10:25am On Feb 20, 2022
Brownicce:
He kills for fun

All scriptures were inspired by God but God did not inspire all the actions in the scriptures.

For example God did not inspire the serpent to speak to eve,God did not inspire eve to eat the fruit, God did not inspire Samson to marry Delilah, God did not inspire gehazi to lie to Elisha a man with anger problem and of course God did not inspire Elisha to curse gehazi..... I can go on with the least!

The bible must be interpreted in the light of Christ!
Jesus is God manifest in human form and let me show you his true character my friend:

Luke 9:52-56
[52]And sent messengers before his face: and they went, and entered into a village of the Samaritans, to make ready for him.
[53]And they did not receive him, because his face was as though he would go to Jerusalem.
[54]And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?
[55]But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.
[56]For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.

THIS IS THE TRUE CHARACTER OF GOD MY GOOD FRIEND!
Re: God's Top 50 Killings, Your Merciful God Is Too Brutal by FirmTR(m): 10:25am On Feb 20, 2022
shocked
Re: God's Top 50 Killings, Your Merciful God Is Too Brutal by PWGLTD(m): 11:54am On Feb 20, 2022
Brownicce:
He kills for fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zDlPBzuKRc

This will greatly dissolve all your questions!

Take your time on it!

Find out who killed all those you mentioned!

(1) (Reply)

Concerning Russia & Ethiopia / Mention The Names Of Jesus Christ You Know As Written In The Bible / Why Are Youths Of Today No Longer Go To Church On Sunday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.