Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,983 members, 7,852,314 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:57 PM

Is God Really A Merciful God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is God Really A Merciful God? (308 Views)

God's Top 50 Killings, Your Merciful God Is Too Brutal / Will The Merciful GOD Send And Destroy People In Hell Fire? / Is God Really Omniscient?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is God Really A Merciful God? by KufreBank: 11:14am On Mar 12, 2023
Exodus 33:19 And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.

Reading through this passage makes me believe that God has chosen those he wishes to show mercy, in this world we live in, you can see clearly that some are just forgotten!

How can my lovely father in heaven choose to show mercy to some and neglect others?
Some would even say 'pray you find mercy "
Now let's put it in practical:
I am a father with 3 kids, I have 4 cars, I send the driver to take one of my kids to school, I gave the other one the car keys to drive himself to school, but to the third I said trek to school, how does that sound?

Now some will be saying thank God you have life, what is life? Waking up and not being able to feed your family? Or no good clothes on? Or living a life when the only time you have peace is when you go sleep?
Some would say thank God you are not in prison, but situation around you may probably one day make you wanna go pilfering.
And lots more..
Sometimes I believe God has actually chosen his own...
Lastly someone would say 'pray hard' but I say not until I pray and my sweat turn river...
Re: Is God Really A Merciful God? by mind1225: 12:10pm On Mar 12, 2023
You have some point, somethings are hard to reason out,
Re: Is God Really A Merciful God? by Kobojunkie: 3:37pm On Mar 12, 2023
KufreBank:
■ Reading through this passage makes me believe that God has chosen those he wishes to show mercy, in this world we live in, you can see clearly that some are just forgotten! How can my lovely father in heaven choose to show mercy to some and neglect others?
Some would even say 'pray you find mercy "
Now let's put it in practical:
I am a father with 3 kids, I have 4 cars, I send the driver to take one of my kids to school, I gave the other one the car keys to drive himself to school, but to the third I said trek to school, how does that sound?
■ Now some will be saying thank God you have life, what is life? Waking up and not being able to feed your family? Or no good clothes on? Or living a life when the only time you have peace is when you go sleep?
Some would say thank God you are not in prison, but situation around you may probably one day make you wanna go pilfering.
And lots more..
■ Sometimes I believe God has actually chosen his own... Lastly someone would say 'pray hard' but I say not until I pray and my sweat turn river...
1. Your first mistake is that you pulled that verse out of its original context to give it a meaning not intended by its author. Go back through what is written in Exodus 33 vs 12 - 23. Your analogy reveals your error. undecided

2. That is nothing but religious bullsheet reasoning that has nothing to do with God. undecided

3. God hasn't done that at all. If you knew even the least about Him, you would understand how veru untrue that is. undecided

Prayer was never given by God as the key to His audience. Obedience is instead the key. You can pray from today until the day you die and God will not answer at all because He does not answer the prayers of sinners. And a sinner is one whose lives is lived in continuous disobedience of God's teachings and commandments, one literally headed in the opposite direction away from God. So it is only by turning around and heading towards God instead, by way of obedience , that one can then be set free from slavery to sin. undecided
Re: Is God Really A Merciful God? by KufreBank: 3:51pm On Mar 12, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Your first mistake is that you pulled that verse out of its original context to give it a meaning not intended by its author. Go back through what is written in Exodus 33 vs 12 - 23. Your analogy reveals your error. undecided

2. That is nothing but religious bullsheet reasoning that has nothing to do with God. undecided

3. God hasn't done that at all. If you knew even the least about Him, you would understand how veru untrue that is. undecided

Prayer was never given by God as the key to His audience. Obedience is instead the key. You can pray from today until the day you die and God will not answer at all because He does not answer the prayers of sinners. And a sinner is one whose lives is lived in continuous disobedience of God's teachings and commandments, one literally headed in the opposite direction away from God. So it is only by turning around and heading towards God instead, by way of obedience , that one can then be set free from slavery to sin. undecided

Why then do we pray?
What do you mean by Obedience? - is it keeping the ten commandments?
What makes man a sinner?

1 Like

Re: Is God Really A Merciful God? by Kobojunkie: 4:09pm On Mar 12, 2023
KufreBank:
■ Why then do we pray?
■ What do you mean by Obedience? - is it keeping the ten commandments?
■ What makes man a sinner?
1. According to scripture, God does not answer the prayer of sinners. However, God instructs that whenever we pray, we do so in obedience of His teachings and Commandments in Jesus Christ. So we can pray anytime in obedience to God's Law. Will God answer that prayer while we are still slaves to sin? No, but He did promise that all things whatsoever we ask, believing--- while working on the path of obedience towards Him -- He will do. undecided

2. The 10 commandments refers are just a fraction of the about 613 commandments and statutes that make up the Old Law of Moses which is the National Constitution of the State of Israel handed by God to the people of Israel in the Land of Canaan. That Law doesn't apply to you, not even the 10 commandments- Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 undecided

Rather, the Law you should concern yourself with is Jesus Christ, God's Covenant and Constitution is God's special Nation of Priests -Exodus 19 vs 6 - aka the Kingdom of God. This is the Law Jesus Christ calls on you to follow and obey in His name. undecided

3. Sin is the act of disobedience of God's direct commandment or statute, God's Law and agreement by which the relationship between God and the man is defined. And a man whose very life is steeped in disobedience is a sinner, one who existence is not in compliance, and can even be said to be in violation of the agreement that exist between his person and God. undecided

Note: Not every man can have a relationship--- be under an agreement/Covenant --- with God. In Jesus Christ, only those who are of the blood of iacob are able to have a relationship with Jesus Christ - Matthew 15 vs 22 - 24 & Matthew 10 vs 5 - 6 & Matthew 7 vs 6. undecided

(1) (Reply)

How To Love Your Wife / Destiny Destroyers: Anger / Who Is This Allah And Anatomy Of The Quoran By GJO Moshay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.