Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,932 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

How Do You Dispose Placenter After Child Birth - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Do You Dispose Placenter After Child Birth (17490 Views)

How Do You Dispose Your Sanitary Pads? / Ladies,how Do You Dispose Your Used Sanitary Pad. / Can You Dispose Off Your Woman's Sanitory Pad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Dispose Placenter After Child Birth by Oking1(m): 1:36pm On Jun 26, 2011
PlS can any body tell me how to dispose of placenter after child birth? Do you give it to the hospital to dispose(if you trust them) or do you do it yourself? If you do it yourself how do you do it? Burn it in the middle of the night?(wont your neighbor find it strange?) Bury it? (what about dogs). Pls i need your practical advice. Thanks
Re: How Do You Dispose Placenter After Child Birth by Pennywise(m): 2:04pm On Jun 26, 2011
Or you could have it for dinner. A certain British couple did that recently. I guess when it becomes a fad it wont be news worthy any more.
Re: How Do You Dispose Placenter After Child Birth by Odunnu: 2:12pm On Jun 26, 2011
Are placentas now sold? What would the hospital use it for aside disposing it?
Re: How Do You Dispose Placenter After Child Birth by Oking1(m): 3:01pm On Jun 26, 2011
Odunnu:

Are placentas now sold? What would the hospital use it for aside disposing it?

well i hear they sell it to ritualist
Re: How Do You Dispose Placenter After Child Birth by Odunnu: 3:08pm On Jun 26, 2011
Choi! Weird and scary! I dont believe that anyway.
Re: How Do You Dispose Placenter After Child Birth by pslm23(f): 9:38pm On Jun 26, 2011
i heard some research companies pay top $$ for placentas. I also heard it is used in the making of lipsticks and other cosmetics  shocked even though some people argue that it is animal placentas that r used for cosmetics.

@ poster, to answer ur question, I would say dig a very deep hole in ur backyard, deep enough that a dog won't be able to get to it. Then bury it! that's how I've seen people back home do it!
Re: How Do You Dispose Placenter After Child Birth by MaiSuya(m): 10:19pm On Jun 26, 2011
Pennywise:

Or you could have it for dinner. A certain British couple did that recently. I guess when it becomes a fad it wont be news worthy any more.

this is the most nauseating, revolting shyt I've seen in quite a while.  angry angry angry angry

@topic, Hospitals usually dispose of the placentas by burying them. but I doubt if any hosp will agree to accept yours.

the best thing is just to bury yourself
Re: How Do You Dispose Placenter After Child Birth by Oking1(m): 6:55am On Jun 27, 2011
Pennywise:

its probably what his parents did with his own
Re: How Do You Dispose Placenter After Child Birth by Nekai(f): 10:45am On Jun 27, 2011
Suprisingly enough, the ingestion of the placenta has become more commonplace:

"There are many ways to prepare your placenta for ingestion. Some women feel comfortable putting placenta in a smoothie, or creating a special recipe for it. Some women even consume it raw. These methods will work, but they limit the length of time you are able to utilize the benefits of placenta to a matter of days.

My preferred method of ingestion is by capsule. The placenta can be dried, ground, and encapsulated. The capsules can then be taken daily for a number of weeks. You reap all of the healthful benefits of placenta quickly, easily and discreetly, and the capsules will last indefinitely (for years). When you have recovered from childbirth, you can freeze the capsules and save them for menopause."

http://placentabenefits.info/about.asp

There seems to be scientific research supporting this practice. (I say 'seems to be' because I have not gone through and examined the validity of these studies for myself.)

http://placentabenefits.info/research.asp

OP, if you are concerned about what the hospital will use your placenta for, why don't you bury it along with a new tree? It would be a nice way to commemorate the birth date of your child.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Dispose Placenter After Child Birth by llade(m): 2:39pm On Jun 28, 2011
Was told it is usually buried and must be done with no body in sight when the burial is done. I believe its superstition but for ma daugther, I had to bury it in the bush about mid night d day she was born and it was scary being alone at that ungodly hour in the bush. But thank God I did it successfully and was not hurt.
Re: How Do You Dispose Placenter After Child Birth by neyoworld247(m): 7:37pm On Jul 27, 2019
Now in Ur position am scared sef
llade:
Was told it is usually buried and must be done with no body in sight when the burial is done. I believe its superstition but for ma daugther, I had to bury it in the bush about mid night d day she was born and it was scary being alone at that ungodly hour in the bush. But thank God I did it successfully and was not hurt.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Dispose Placenter After Child Birth by padeolu: 6:20am On Mar 19, 2022
neyoworld247:
Now in Ur position am scared sef
Now, I am also in your shoes. Please how did you go about it?
Re: How Do You Dispose Placenter After Child Birth by neyoworld247(m): 4:38pm On Mar 26, 2022
Did mine very late at night inside the bush, no one watching thou
padeolu:
Now, I am also in your shoes. Please how did you go about it?
Re: How Do You Dispose Placenter After Child Birth by GeorgeJB: 4:16pm On Mar 27, 2022
The best and safest way is to burn it

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

‘747,853 Females Among 1,090,233 Nigerians On HIV Treatment’ / Horrifying Things That Can Happen During Pregnancy / Kano Is Nigeria’s Drug Abuse Hot Spot- NDLEA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.