Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church (16170 Views)

Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos / Living Close To A Church Or Mosque, Which One Do You Prefer? / Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by pocohantas(f): 10:59am On Feb 20, 2022
It is Sunday and I remembered something that happened when I was househunting.

The agent told me the house has a church near it, so it is very secure. I don’t know what he was thinking when he said that and I also do not know how the presence of a church makes the area secure, but I smiled at him and told him I would get back to him. He kept disturbing me to take that place, I had to block his number. lipsrsealed

Another agent took me to this property. It had a very big compound, but one part of it was demarcated. I asked what is going on in the demarcated part and he said they rented it out to Christ Embassy. I never bothered to check the flat, I turned back immediately.

Sunday wey I wan rest, think about my life, churches with big loudspeakers and awful choristers would now be disturbing my peace ba?

The worst has to be those ones that have programmes every single day of the week. Always conducting deliverance and vigils. Ahnahn! angry angry

I didn’t care about bad roads as much as I cared about renting a house close to churches. It was the major thing I looked out for.

Share your experiences living close to a church.

65 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by wizonlyson: 11:02am On Feb 20, 2022
omo..i cant even enjoy my sleep..na night vigil..everyday..especially this so called, kerugbi and stellafuew..

48 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by Omihanifa: 11:06am On Feb 20, 2022
Make I sharply park my Keke napep so that I can read funny comments

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by iamyemiakins(m): 11:07am On Feb 20, 2022
When you just returned from a nightclub with a hangover and the church close to your house starts their night vigil few minutes after retiring to bed grin

144 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by Amotolongbo(f): 11:21am On Feb 20, 2022
pocohantas:
It is Sunday and I remembered something that happened when I was househunting.

I didn’t care about bad roads as much as I cared about renting a house close to churches. It was the major thing I looked out for.

Share your experiences living close to a church.

This makes me remember the house I was born and lived in for 14years.
Just in front of the house, there was a mosque with their PAS facing our apartment with their “aluwala” early morning by 5:00am. The mosque has a church just beside it
Beside our house and apartment was a CAC church with numerous midweek programs, crusade and vigil running on loud sound system. The Church also has another church (Anglican) beside it (at the other side of the church)

These 3 churches and mosque intentionally made sure they competed for the loudest noise maker.
When one complains to the pastors, they see one as being used by the devil, whereas the reverse is the case.

We got there before these churches and mosque began. Thank God we left there.

117 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by Nobody: 11:55am On Feb 20, 2022
I lived close to one man who claimed to be a Man of God always shouting and praying hitting the floor and walls with his hands and legs screaming on 5he top of his voice for his devil to die from midnight to 5am when I was trying to sleep, I would get so angry I would cover my head with my pillow, no way even tried talking to him funny enough it was my father's house but love pretending anonymous, one fine day he made so much noise that I made a decision to buy the biggest music player and choose the most explicit song tekno puttin, immediately the MOG started it tuned my device on played to the loudest volume, he immediately stopped praying . Who be fool...

93 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by Tallesty1(m): 12:18pm On Feb 20, 2022
Happened a long time ago. There was this church that shared same fence with my brother's compound. They sing, clap and shout both in the day and at night. I can't even remember everything again but I sha told the pastor that they were disturbing the hood, especially the new born baby in the house.

They church said that I was possessed, they said that their prayer was disturbing the spirit that possessed me, the reason I am complaining.

Me wey don dey craze from bele. I no go.

I went to the market the next day and bought a Tecno, I think it was the T series. Those ones that have big speaker on the lower end of their rears.

I loaded it with crazy songs, starting with Terry G's free madness, charged the battery full and kept it on standby.

The next program, I placed the phone on our bathroom window that's just a few steps away from their alter and fired on long before they started coming.

Half way into my songs, someone tapped on our door, guess who? The pastor.

He came to complain that the music was a distraction and told me to lower the volume. I told him that they disturb us anytime they sing and shout to the Lord in the night.

95 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by PrimadonnaO(f): 12:22pm On Feb 20, 2022
I only lived close to a church during my undergrad days.

Ironically, it was beneficial for me.

My primary church was a bit far away from my house, but there was an RCCG church sharing a fence with my compound.

It ensured that I never missed service (Sunday and mid-week) during my stay in that compound..

When I didn't go to my primary church, I only needed to wear a simple dress and stroll into the RCCG church.

It's one of the reasons I started desiring that my primary place of worship not be far from my home.

I'm lazy about going out, but I want to be consistent with physical worship. So the closer the better.

104 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by gbaskiboy: 12:29pm On Feb 20, 2022
I remember when I was in my former compound I was roundabout by different churches. On the left is MFM, at the back is RCCG, At my Right is C&S and facing the compound is one new generation pentecostal church. All of them mount speakers with heavy noise coming out from them. MFM own worse everyday that have service both early in the morning, late afternoon and in the evening there is no way you can rest when you want to.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by cayorday89(m): 4:03pm On Feb 20, 2022
Thanks for bringing this up, while in school I had a church opposite my house and they were not causing any disturbance, while in my service year, there was a big Winners Church beside my house and since I will also be going to church I enjoyed their Sunday praises before I get to mine and weekdays was always low key without their large and loud speakers, so I was cool...

Now that I am seeking for a new apartment I have to put that into consideration and the church denomination will determine because some like you said actually open everyday of the week with deliverance service and different forms of crusade every now and then...

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by Twoclans(f): 4:04pm On Feb 20, 2022
An apartment close to a church or even on the same street is a No No for me.

The last time I made that mistake in Kaduna i almost developed full blown high blood pressure because the pastor and choir members will always be having one vigil or the other.I abandoned the rent and disappeared.

I am a very light sleeper,any noise at night and my sleep is over for the night.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by spencekat(m): 4:51pm On Feb 20, 2022
Tallesty1:
Happened a long time ago. There was this church that shared same fence with my brother's compound. They sing, clap and shout both in the day and at night. I can't even remember everything again but I sha told the pastor that they were disturbing the hood, especially the new born baby in the house.

They church said that I was possessed, [/b]they said that their prayer was disturbing the spirit that possessed me, the reason I am complaining[b].

Me wey don dey craze from bele. I no go.

I went to the market the next day and bought a Tecno, I think it was the T series. Those ones that have big speaker on the lower end of their rears.

I loaded it with crazy songs, starting with Terry G's free madness, charged the battery full and kept it on standby.

The next program, I placed the phone on our bathroom window that's just a few steps away from their alter and fired on long before they started coming.

Half way into my songs, someone tapped on our door, guess who? The pastor.

He came to complain that the music was a distraction and told me to lower the volume. I told him that they disturb us anytime they sing and shout to the Lord in the night.

cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by spencekat(m): 4:56pm On Feb 20, 2022
Twoclans:
An apartment close to a church or even on the same street is a No No for me.

The last time I made that mistake in Kaduna i almost developed full blown high blood pressure because the pastor and choir members will always be having one vigil or the other.I abandoned the rent and disappeared.

[/b]I am a very light sleeper,any noise at night and my sleep is over for the night.[b]
Same with me.I became a light sleeper after NYSC.I was surprised when my sleeping pattern changed after NYSC.Intially,I thought I was under a 'spell'when a very light movement or noise disrupted my sleep.

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by cococandy(f): 5:18pm On Feb 20, 2022
Twoclans:

I am a very light sleeper,any noise at night and my sleep is over for the night.

Same

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by cococandy(f): 5:19pm On Feb 20, 2022
And the worst part is that you can’t complain to anyone about it who can actually do something to make it stop.
In fact if you talk too much, then you’re a witch. at their next service, you’ll be the focus of their prayer points and deliverance mission.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by allen113: 5:27pm On Feb 20, 2022
I remember living in between winners and redeem in aluu @maryland Street omoh I no dey sleep well every Wednesday and Thursday back then na so so vigil, omoh and Thursday in school back then we had 7:00 class guy man no dey fit sleep well e no funny back then but reminiscing those moments now make me laugh grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by Triangles1(m): 7:32pm On Feb 20, 2022
One is closer to my fence in Lagos and the fence is lower for anybody to see each other because of security reasons, if the pastor noticed that I didn't go to church I will be the topic for sermon that day, sometimes the smell of my weedoloradoperfume due enter the church after all we all want to get high because God judge through the heart not your poisonous mind in front of culprit.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by Babaflenjor: 7:32pm On Feb 20, 2022
T
Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by Aarenasbaba(m): 7:33pm On Feb 20, 2022
Na die.... One church is near my house ( Ori oke gbogunmi) their noise is secund to none. If you sleep before there service, you're safe. If there service starts before you sleep. You're in soup... I didn't hear their noise of recent and decided to find out. They said the communities have taken steps against him. The funniest part was that, the number of worshipers in the church is not more than 8

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by kingemaker(m): 7:34pm On Feb 20, 2022
It is emotionally and mentally draining embarassed

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by ikorodureporta: 7:34pm On Feb 20, 2022
For the noise, sometimes you go dey wonder how to sleep, till you wake up...na then I understand say sleep doesn't care about noise

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by Nobody: 7:35pm On Feb 20, 2022
Lol,

Omoh me and my senior cousin bros been go blunt for front of those Pentecostal church like that for night,

Na only God fit judge us for this world jhoor.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by AlphaStyles(m): 7:35pm On Feb 20, 2022
In this my street alone we have two morning and night shift

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by Nobody: 7:36pm On Feb 20, 2022
TERRIBLE!
when I was in Nigeria it was Hell.
They saw me as Antichrist cry cry.
Noise pollution.
... a Lawless Society.

They are ignorant of the Bible, where it says do not disturb your neighbors while praying.
We have a completely different breed of Christians in Africa.

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by Therri: 7:36pm On Feb 20, 2022
Na die ooo. No peace, it's like the members not dey go work.
One man sue a church cuz of their noise and he won the case

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by hiteelong(f): 7:37pm On Feb 20, 2022
In my street, there are 8 religious centers(churches and mosque), the only one I like is the one that serves as my alarm every day @ 5am grin. Others just constitute nuisance with heavy duty speakers

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by youngrhosy(m): 7:37pm On Feb 20, 2022
Short of word
Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by Zchi1052(m): 7:39pm On Feb 20, 2022
Omo de noise no be here ...worst part be say na 3 churches surround me ...many times all of the will have programs at same time...very sic

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by olisefom: 7:39pm On Feb 20, 2022
Sometimes, I just seat in my room on Sunday and follow their service. Na only offering anogo pay.

28 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic / How Good Is God? / God And His Angels.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.