Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,829 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

Why Do People Think When They Go Abroad They Would Make It ? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Do People Think When They Go Abroad They Would Make It ? (1390 Views)

How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad / If You Earn 100k Monthly In Nigeria...will You Go Abroad And Leave The Job??? / Desperate Journeys: See What People Are Doing To Go Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Think When They Go Abroad They Would Make It ? by HEAVEN4444: 1:28pm On Feb 20, 2022
Yeah a few people make it but many are struggling. watch the story of this young man. its a short video. only 40 minutes long. his big brother was abroad for like 15 years and wasnt making it and did not come home, so he promised his mother that when he goes abroad after just 1 year he will come back home and buy her car and build her mansion. the guy managed to go abroad. 10 years later the guy is still languishing abroad with no papers and no money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_8cCFk41rI

lalasticala
Re: Why Do People Think When They Go Abroad They Would Make It ? by HEAVEN4444: 1:41pm On Feb 20, 2022
COMMENT SECTION OF THE VIDEO I SAW THIS COMMENT

Hello
8 months ago (edited)
Same here! I came to England in 1995
When I came I told my sister am going to save 5000£ in six months and then go back to Africa
My sister look at me and laugh and I ask her why are you laughing said get the 1000£ first, you think Europe is easy and here I’m after 25yrs
I don’t have 1000£ in my account
I also lost my job due to the pandemic

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Think When They Go Abroad They Would Make It ? by LeoDeKing: 1:42pm On Feb 20, 2022
Because they think abroad is where Donald Trump will be paying you $100k per week for doing nothing other than just being an idiot.

Here in Nigeria, people with nobody still start from scratch and blossom into comfortable men.

Some of them go to France and start selling roasted corn by the roadside.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Think When They Go Abroad They Would Make It ? by HEAVEN4444: 1:53pm On Feb 20, 2022
LeoDeKing:
Because they abroad is where Donald Trump will be paying you $100k per week for doing nothing other than just being an idiot.

Here in Nigeria, people with nobody still start from scratch and blossom into comfortable men.

Some of them go to France and start selling roasted corn by the roadside.
grin grin grin grin oh really ? lolzz

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Think When They Go Abroad They Would Make It ? by donbachi(m): 1:56pm On Feb 20, 2022
Who no come,no go know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Think When They Go Abroad They Would Make It ? by yanabasee(m): 1:57pm On Feb 20, 2022
Aside having the thoughts of making it there.... There are opportunities all over there.....

It's very easy to get a simple job there and begin to live comfortably...

Over there, saving is very difficult compare to Nigeria... but it's still a better place to Nigeria...

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Think When They Go Abroad They Would Make It ? by justwise(m): 1:57pm On Feb 20, 2022
HEAVEN4444:
Yeah a few people make it but many are struggling. watch the story of this young man. its a short video. only 40 minutes long. his big brother was abroad for like 15 years and wasnt making it and did not come home, so he promised his mother that when he goes abroad after just 1 year he will come back home and buy her car and build her mansion. the guy managed to go abroad. 10 years later the guy is still languishing abroad with no papers and no money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_8cCFk41rI

lalasticala

Yea that is what happens when you travel with visiting visa and end up living illegally

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Think When They Go Abroad They Would Make It ? by Solofresh2: 1:58pm On Feb 20, 2022
I think there are a lot of factors this people consider:
1.Some people think there occupation or career will thrive more if only they can travel out of Nigeria.

2.Some people think all is fine and rosy over there.So they feel they are living from hell to heaven when traveling out.

3.Some people are looking to secure their own future over there because they feel anything war or occur in Nigeria soon

Some people don't know how the western world system works and that is one of the big problem because, for someone that has no idea how life is over there but thinks people pick money the floor tends to suffer more over there.

There is a way you can communicate with this white people though in a way that you would make more friends by your side.But you see an average Nigerian mentality is always on how to to manipulate their way out situations

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Think When They Go Abroad They Would Make It ? by ednut1(m): 3:05pm On Feb 20, 2022
You chances of making it are higher

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Think When They Go Abroad They Would Make It ? by ibechris(m): 4:41pm On Feb 20, 2022
My cousin who left Nigeria in 2006 told us before leaving that he will come back and closed their street in Lagos and that it will be 24hrs party.

That he will place soldiers all round to secure everyone.

Till date,the last time I heard from him was the day he chatted me via Facebook telling me that he heard I just got married, which I tried calling oga refused to pick my call.

Well,I was later told that this guy is struggling to find his foot till today...na so England hard reach?

This is his 16years,no calls,even his girl friend had married and moved on.

My only fear for all those rushing to travel is that,anytime they heard abroad,they always lose their sense of direction as if they are travelling to see their maker.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Think When They Go Abroad They Would Make It ? by Davidganna10: 5:52pm On Feb 20, 2022
No legal resident abroad(Canada, USA, UK, Australia, Germany, Norway) is suffering except you have an ailment.

They people suffering in abroad are they illegal immigrants.

Yes it will be tough for few months/years of legally migrating but eventually you will overcome.

14 Likes

Re: Why Do People Think When They Go Abroad They Would Make It ? by dasparrow: 6:24am On Feb 21, 2022
If you are illegal, you will suffer. Make no mistake about it.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Think When They Go Abroad They Would Make It ? by BigDawsNet: 8:37am On Feb 21, 2022
I think it's a good mentality
[right][/right]
Because later you will need that moral to get you up and work your ass in the freezing weather....

Truly you will make it in abroad if you work like clock ....

You can't escape the successful, GoodLife coming for you...tho more money more tax, bills
Re: Why Do People Think When They Go Abroad They Would Make It ? by BigDawsNet: 8:41am On Feb 21, 2022
HEAVEN4444:
COMMENT SECTION OF THE VIDEO I SAW THIS COMMENT

Hello
8 months ago (edited)
Same here! I came to England in 1995
When I came I told my sister am going to save 5000£ in six months and then go back to Africa
My sister look at me and laugh and I ask her why are you laughing said get the 1000£ first, you think Europe is easy and here I’m after 25yrs
I don’t have 1000£ in my account
I also lost my job due to the pandemic

But I don't understand why it's difficult for an average Citizens working to have minimum of 10k inside his/her account... Is it because of the bills?...

Even here in people struggling to keep 2k in savings after working day by day .... Most only work, recive, pay bills, and work again and pay bills.... Little go into savings
Re: Why Do People Think When They Go Abroad They Would Make It ? by HEAVEN4444: 11:14am On Feb 21, 2022
BigDawsNet:

But I don't understand why it's difficult for an average Citizens working to have minimum of 10k inside his/her account... Is it because of the bills?...

Even here in people struggling to keep 2k in savings after working day by day .... Most only work, recive, pay bills, and work again and pay bills.... Little go into savings
brother the UK is not a place that pays high wages. even medical doctors there are struggling and they japa to america for more money. and so the average salary in uk is like 25,000 pounds. thats average meaning half the pouplation is earning less than that. so as a black person lets say your average is 20,000 a year
Tax will take a quarter of that. yo cant avoid it. thats 15,000 left
unless you choose to live on the street, but if you live in a house you pay council tax of 1000 a year
14000 left
light and water bill and gas is like 3000 a year. thats 11.000 left
if you have car MOT and TAX and gas is like 3000 a year. and if you dont have car public transport is like 3000. thats 8000 left
TV license is 200 pounds
if you have mobile phone lets says 1000 a year. you are left with 7000
you clothe yorself and children if you have children. lets say 500 a year. you have 6000 left

you feed yourself and children. lets say 3000 a year you have 3000 left

rent is 6000 pounds a year so now all yor money has finished and your account is NEGATIVE 3000.
miscellaneous like sending money home or unexpected things to buy is 1000 a year so now your account is in the red for 4000 pounds

SO ON THE AVERAGE BRITISH SALARY YOU END UP OWING THE BANK 4000 POUNDS IN THE RED. NO SAVINGS. YOU GET IT ?

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Think When They Go Abroad They Would Make It ? by BigDawsNet: 11:35am On Feb 21, 2022
HEAVEN4444:
brother the UK is not a place that pays high wages. even medical doctors there are struggling and they japa to america for more money. and so the average salary in uk is like 25,000 pounds. thats average meaning half the pouplation is earning less than that. so as a black person lets say your average is 20,000 a year
unless you choose to live on the street, but if you live in a house you pay council tax of 1000 a year
14000 left
if you have car MOT and TAX and gas is like 3000 a year. and if you dont have car public transport is like 3000. thats 8000 left
TV license is 200 pounds
you clothe yorself and children if you have children. lets say 500 a year. you have 6000 left

rent is 6000 pounds a year so now all yor money has finished and your account is NEGATIVE 3000.
miscellaneous like sending money home or unexpected things to buy is 1000 a year so now your account is in the red for 4000 pounds

SO ON THE AVERAGE BRITISH SALARY YOU END UP OWING THE BANK 4000 POUNDS IN THE RED. NO SAVINGS. YOU GET IT ?

I got it bro

No wonder many people choose to move here rather than EU

You make more in the US with Unlimited Jobs... professional are paid very well and taxes are not that heavy...

United States is a big country...you can literally migrate to any state and enjoy a better life...tho struggling is everywhere but it's minimum in north America

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Think When They Go Abroad They Would Make It ? by Blurpy: 11:50pm On Feb 21, 2022
Where did you get this your warped statistics of £20,000 a year as a medical doctor? Even care worker sponsorship visa , the Entry level is £22k per year. Do you know how successful nurses who have migrated to the UK have been, many are building mad homes now. Stay there and be calculating nonsense.
If your course is in the shortage skill list, most especially Health and IT area, you are made.
HEAVEN4444:
14000 left
TV license is 200 pounds

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Attention All Travel Agents & Scammers & Guillible Travel Enthusiasts / Are You In Need Of Egypt Visa Urgently? / Marital Status Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.