Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,911 members, 7,810,504 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:13 AM

Cross Roads - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Cross Roads (28951 Views)

On The Roads Of Lagos – Lesson From The Young Master. / Cross / CROSS (magic. Sorcery. Myth) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 5:26pm On Feb 20, 2022
It's been long Sha. Please if i don't mention you, no vex.

Ujunwa14
Embellished
Preshbeauty
Ann2012
enirock
Oyinella
Adesina12
Mhizv
Khristarl
Prudysara
Okikioluwafemi
Purity23
Skubido
genius43
Veenessha
Ven97

And all those i didn't mention, please come and have your seat, the story is about to begin.

3 Likes

Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 5:33pm On Feb 20, 2022
This story will not really take a long time. Update will come everyday unless on some special occasion.
Re: Cross Roads by Preshbeauty(f): 5:35pm On Feb 20, 2022
Oshey

Damselposh is back
Welcome ma'am.
Ahead ahead.
Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 5:39pm On Feb 20, 2022
Chapter One
NONYE

It was already evening when i got down from the bus right at the junction that led to my street. I held the leather bag where i had put my heels in tightly while i walked dejectedly. It was another job interview that didn't go well. This would be the 10th interview or 12th or even 15th? Abeg i had lost count, all they told me was that they would get back to me but they didn't. I stared down at my dress. I had dressed nicely for this interview hoping i would get it.
"I just wore my cloth for nothing" I hissed loudly. Blazers were not something i wore everyday or to every interview but you see this particular interview? I had hope i was going to get it the reason i wore my red Blazer on a blue skirt, black singlet underneath and a black stilleto heels, my black handbag that contained the necessary documents required for the interview and my wine coloured wig that sat beautifully on my head. If my dressing could give me a job, i would have landed one a long time ago but it didn't entirely work like that. I walked deeper into the street, greeting as many people as i could until i got to my mother's shade where she fried yam and Akara. She was attending to a customer when i got there, her face lit up with smiles the moment she saw me.

"Nonye, you are back" she said after the customer left.

"Yes Mama. Good evening" I murmured.

"Evening my daughter. Nnoo (Welcome)" she studied my facial expression for sometime before speaking up again "Ogini"? (What is it)? She asked.

"Mama i didn't get the Job" I muttered trying to hold back the tears threatening to fall. She shook her head at me and immediately i sighted the pity in her eyes, the tears came pouring. She shifted closer to where i sat and patted my back.

"Ozugo (It's okay) Ebezina (Stop crying) everything will be fine inuru?" (Did you hear?)

"Yes Mama" i sniffed, wiping my tears.

My mother became the stronghold of our family after Papa died in a ghastly motor accident leaving her with two children, i and my younger sister Chimdiya. My uncles abandoned us after Papa's burial because Mama only had female children. We moved from the Three bedroom flat we used to live in to a self contained apartment. Mama had to borrow money from the women's meeting so many times just to see me through the University. I was done with school and i wondered why the universe didn't want to give me a job, at least for my mother. She had really suffered a lot. Tears poured again and i sniffed which caught my mother's attention.

"Nonye are you still crying?" She asked.

"No Mama, I'm not" i whimpered.

"It's okay, God will see us through" she replied.

"When? Mama when? It's just like God has abandoned us" i said in a fleet of anger. I was about to say more when Mama's palm grazed my cheeks, i caressed my cheek as the pain from the slap stung my cheek.

"Never talk about God like that" she told me coldly. "If not for anything else, appreciate the fact that you are alive which is the most important thing. Ndukaku (life is greater than wealth)". She concluded with a hiss.

I looked around her shade fortunately no customer was around to see her slap me.

"Give me plate let me put some yam for you" she told me calmly like she wasn't the person that just slapped me.

"I'm not hungry" I said with a shake of the head.

"So you will reject your own mother's food because of anger" she fused.

"Mama it's not yam i want to eat. Let me go to the house and prepare something for all of us" I stood up while gathering my things.

"Okay and please when you get to the house, tell Chimdiya to come over and help me with the evening sales" she said to my retreating figure, i only nodded my head in reply.

Been 26 and still living with my mother and younger sister in a self contained apartment was an abomination and should be treated with urgent Care. I hissed as i entered our compound. I didn't see anyone outside as there was light and many people were in their rooms while some were yet to return from work.

4 Likes

Re: Cross Roads by silverlinen(m): 5:51pm On Feb 20, 2022
So where are the updates now?
Let's begin this journey ASAP mbok.
I dey queue dey wait.
Re: Cross Roads by Preshbeauty(f): 6:04pm On Feb 20, 2022
I just got off the phone now with damselposh. She told me that she just got banned and the chapter she posted got deleted too.

I want us all to mention the Mods. Let them unban damselposh thanks.
Re: Cross Roads by Preshbeauty(f): 6:06pm On Feb 20, 2022
Divepen1 please lift the ban on damselposh.

Thanks.
Re: Cross Roads by Ven97: 6:09pm On Feb 20, 2022
It's been long ooohhh... Thanks for the mention.
Re: Cross Roads by Embellished(f): 6:10pm On Feb 20, 2022
Aaaah

Damselposh mi is back.
Welcome ma'am.
I go follow you bumper to bumper.

Divepen1 ejo, please, biko, mbok, lift the ban on damselposh. Thank you.
Re: Cross Roads by genius43(m): 7:43pm On Feb 20, 2022
damselposh:

And all those i didn't mention, please come and have your seat, the story is about to begin.

Here we go again
Re: Cross Roads by Ann2012(f): 9:43pm On Feb 20, 2022
damselposh:

Ujunwa14
Embellished
Preshbeauty
Ann2012
enirock
Oyinella
Adesina12
Mhizv
Khristarl
Prudysara
Okikioluwafemi
Purity23
Skubido
genius43
Veenessha
Ven97

I don siddon
Re: Cross Roads by germaphobe(m): 11:21pm On Feb 20, 2022
It's been a really long time
Re: Cross Roads by Adesina12: 9:21am On Feb 21, 2022
damselposh:

Ujunwa14
Embellished
Preshbeauty
Ann2012
enirock
Oyinella
Adesina12
Mhizv
Khristarl
Prudysara
Okikioluwafemi
Purity23
Skubido
genius43
Veenessha
Ven97

Welcome back babe
Sweet popcorn for you dear
Re: Cross Roads by Adesina12: 9:22am On Feb 21, 2022
damselposh:

Ujunwa14
Embellished
Preshbeauty
Ann2012
enirock
Oyinella
Adesina12
Mhizv
Khristarl
Prudysara
Okikioluwafemi
Purity23
Skubido
genius43
Veenessha
Ven97

Welcome back babe
Re: Cross Roads by oyinella(f): 9:55am On Feb 21, 2022
damselposh:

Ujunwa14
Embellished
Preshbeauty
Ann2012
enirock
Oyinella
Adesina12
Mhizv
Khristarl
Prudysara
Okikioluwafemi
Purity23
Skubido
genius43
Veenessha
Ven97

My babe! I missed you crazily, biko drop WhatsApp message o, I lost your number
Re: Cross Roads by Ven97: 10:15am On Feb 21, 2022
damselposh:
Chapter One
NONYE

It was already evening when i got down from the bus right at the junction that led to my street. I held the leather bag where i had put my heels in tightly while i walked dejectedly. It was another job interview that didn't go well. This would be the 10th interview or 12th or even 15th? Abeg i have lost count, all they tell me is that they would get back to me but they don't. I stared down at my dress. I had dressed nicely for this interview hoping i would get it.
"I just wore my cloth for nothing" I hissed loudly. Blazers are not something i wear everyday or to every interview but you see today's interview? I had hope i was going to get it the reason i wore my red Blazer on a blue skirt, black singlet underneath and a black stilleto heels, my black handbag that contained the necessary documents required for the interview and my wine coloured wig that sat beautifully on my head. If my dressing could give me a job, i would have landed one a long time ago but it doesn't entirely work like that. I walked deeper into the street, greeting as many people as i could until i got to my mother's shade where she fries yam and Akara. She was attending to a customer when i got there, her face lit up with smiles when she saw me.

"Nonye, you are back" she said after the customer left.

"Yes Mama. Good evening" I murmured.

"Evening my daughter. Nnoo (Welcome)" she studied my facial expression for sometime before speaking up again "Ogini"? (What is it)? She asked.

"Mama i didn't get the Job" I muttered trying to hold back the tears threatening to fall. She shook her head at me and immediately i sighted the pity in her eyes, the tears came pouring. She shifted closer to where i sat and patted my back.

"Ozugo (It's okay) Ebezina (Stop crying) everything will be fine inuru?" (Did you hear?)

"Yes Mama" i sniffed, wiping my tears.

My mother became the stronghold of our family after Papa died in a ghastly motor accident leaving her with two children, i and my younger sister Chimdiya. My uncles abandoned us after Papa's burial because she only has female children. We moved from the Three bedroom flat we used to live in to a self contained apartment. Mama had to borrow money from the women's meeting so many times just to see me through the university and now that I'm done with school, i wonder why the universe doesn't want to give me a job, at least for my mother, she has really suffered a lot. Tears poured again and i sniffed which caught my mother's attention.

"Nonye are you still crying?" She asked.

"No Mama, I'm not" i whimpered.

"It's okay, God will see us through" she replied.

"When? Mama when? It's just like God has abandoned us" i said in a fleet of anger. I was about to say more when Mama's palm grazed my cheeks, i caressed my cheek as the pain from the slap stung my cheek.

"Never talk about God like that" she told me coldly. "If not for anything else, appreciate the fact that you are alive which is the most important. Ndukaku (life is greater than wealth)". She concluded with a hiss.

I looked around her shade fortunately no customer was around to see her slap me.

"Give me plate let me put some yam for you" she told me calmly like she wasn't the person that just slapped me.

"I'm not hungry" I said with a shake of the head.

"So you will reject your own mother's food because of anger" she fused.

"Mama it's not yam i want to eat. Let me go to the house and prepare something for all of us" I stood up while gathering my things.

"Okay and please when you get to the house, tell Chimdiya to come over and help me with the evening sales" she said to my retreating figure, i only nodded my head in reply.

Being 26 and still living with my mother and younger sister in a self contained apartment is an abomination and should be treated with urgent Care. I hissed as i entered our compound. I didn't see anyone outside as there was light and many people were in their rooms while some were yet to return from work.

Following......
Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 1:21pm On Feb 21, 2022
CHAPTER TWO

JAMIL

I let out a sigh i had been holding since i entered the doctor's office. If i had known, i wouldn't have gone to the hospital, i would have stayed and wait for Mr death to come. I walked down to my car and unlocked it, entered and sat for a few minutes before i drove off. I pulled out my phone to call my lawyer, i needed to write my will. I scoffed, how could a young man of 30 years old write his will? Not like i had a wife or a kid that would inherit my wealth. Heck i didn't even have parents, no siblings either. I pulled over by the roadside and hit the steering furiously.

"Why me? I mean i didn't do anything wrong. I have been keeping the hygiene rules and have been eating healthy too" i squeezed my eyes shut to stop the tears from falling. I ignited the engine and drove off to my house. I got home and honked, the gate flew open almost immediately and i chuckled. I had the best gateman in Umuahia. Don't get me wrong but the guy was good, like very good. He was always at alert and coordinated. I drove into my compound and went to park my car at the garage. I stepped out of the car after i had killed the engine and started walking towards my house. "Oga welcome ooo" James my gateman greeted and i waved at him. I stopped and turned back to stare at my garage, it looked like a car dealer's workshop. Someone would think i sold cars when infact, they were cars i bought for my personal use. I shook my head as i imagined what would happen to the cars when I was no more. I didn't dwell much on it as i walked to my house. My house was a 6 bedroom duplex painted Blue. A large garage at the left side and a lawn at the right side. I walked into the house and met Bella in the sitting room, she was watching TV.

"Whatsup cuz?" She asked with a smile.

"I'm good" i replied with a shrug. Okay i know i told you guys i didn't have any family, well that is not entirely true. Bella was my cousin. She and her father, uncle Gerald were the only families i had left. Bella's mom died a long time ago and Bella was the only child. She had been living with me since i could remember. I had offered to get her an apartment elsewhere but she refused each time i brought the matter up.

"How are you feeling, Jamil?" She asked. I
looked at her, she had that pitiful look on her face. There and then, i knew uncle Gerald had told her.

"Dad told me" she said reading my thoughts.

"I'm fine Bella" i replied calmly.

"Are you sure?" She asked again.

"Yes" i replied and dug out a piece of paper from the pocket of my suit. "This is the list. Uncle said i should give it to you" I extended the paper to her and she took it, going through it.

"Can you handle them or should i hire a cook?" I asked and she immediately shook her head.

"I can handle everything that is written on the list" she gave me a toothy smile. Apart from been my cousin and housemate, Bella also doubled as my cook. I paid her every month even though she hated it.

"Alright. I will be going to my room now, I'm tired" I told her as i climbed up the stairs to my room.

2 Likes

Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 1:21pm On Feb 21, 2022
Preshbeauty:
Oshey

Damselposh is back
Welcome ma'am.
Ahead ahead.

Thanks baby girl
Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 1:22pm On Feb 21, 2022
silverlinen:
So where are the updates now?
Let's begin this journey ASAP mbok.
I dey queue dey wait.

Updates have been dropped sir
Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 1:22pm On Feb 21, 2022
Preshbeauty:
Divepen1 please lift the ban on damselposh.

Thanks.

The ban has been lifted. Thanks babe
Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 1:23pm On Feb 21, 2022
Embellished:
Aaaah

Damselposh mi is back.
Welcome ma'am.
I go follow you bumper to bumper.

Divepen1 ejo, please, biko, mbok, lift the ban on damselposh. Thank you.

Thanks honey
Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 1:23pm On Feb 21, 2022
Ven97:
It's been long ooohhh... Thanks for the mention.

Welcome boo
Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 1:25pm On Feb 21, 2022
genius43:

Here we go again

Yes ooo
Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 1:26pm On Feb 21, 2022
Ann2012:

I don siddon

Welcome babe
germaphobe:
It's been a really long time

Yes boss
Adesina12:

Welcome back babe

Thanks babe
Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 1:27pm On Feb 21, 2022
oyinella:

My babe! I missed you crazily, biko drop WhatsApp message o, I lost your number

I have lost my phone twice since that time. Email me your number biko.
Re: Cross Roads by Ujunwa14(f): 2:19pm On Feb 21, 2022
Yeeeeeees my damsel is back.
Welcome back maaaami.

I dey your back
Re: Cross Roads by silverlinen(m): 4:08pm On Feb 21, 2022
This is more like it... been reading half baked stories in nairaland for a while now.. it's nice to read something refreshing and soothing
Damsel!! Thank you for this.
Re: Cross Roads by Embellished(f): 5:37pm On Feb 21, 2022
Thanks for the update damsel love.

Awaiting the next.
Re: Cross Roads by Preshbeauty(f): 9:44pm On Feb 21, 2022
Thanks for the update ma'am

Ahead Ahead

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Love In The Dark // A dark eroti-c story (Final episode) / Temptation / My School Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.