Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:00 AM

17-year-old Ojo Jonathan Becomes Youngest Chartered Accountant In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 17-year-old Ojo Jonathan Becomes Youngest Chartered Accountant In Nigeria (37947 Views)

17-Year-Old Student Stabs Teacher To Death In Plateau State (Photo) / The Youngest Chartered Accountant in Nigeria / 20-year-old Ghanian Named Youngest Chartered Accountant In Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

17-year-old Ojo Jonathan Becomes Youngest Chartered Accountant In Nigeria by Alajiki(m): 6:32am On Feb 21, 2022
Ojo Jonathan Adewale has emerged the youngest chartered accountant in Nigeria after passing the final stage of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) examination. He speaks with ENIOLA OYEMOLADE on the challenges he faced in his quest to attain this feat, his plans, among others.

When and how did you start processing ICAN examination?

My preparation for ICAN began in May 2019; this was after I made my Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE) results. I then enrolled into Triumph Dynamics Professional, which I got to know about through my dad’s colleague who was also enrolled in the tuition centre.

Why accounting?

I grew up in the house of a Chartered Accountant as my dad is a Chartered Accountant, so I loved the activity of counting and calculating. However, I’ve come to understand that accounting is more than that.

Were there any challenges you faced while writing the whole examination?

Yes, there were. My dad lost his job in 2020. So the major challenge I faced was in the area of finance. He lost his job when I was preparing for ATS 3 so they had difficulty in paying my tuition and examination fees, but thanks to God and also to the director of my tuition centre, Mr Ayuba Kadiri, who upon the realisation of the financial status of my parents reduced significantly the tuition fee, and also allowed my parents to pay at their convenience. As I speak to you now, we still owe the tuition house some amount of money. Thanks also to Pastor Biodun Oladele who paid for my ATS 3 examination fees. If not for that intervention, I would not have been qualified by now.

There were also times I had to trek from the tuition centre to my house. The tuition centre is located at Molete while my house is at Olomi Academy, which is about two hours by foot

Did you feel any type of way seeing your mates gaining admission into university while you were writing ICAN examinations?

No. Because I was 14 years old at that time, and to be admitted into any university, I had to be at least 16 years old. So I was not bothered.

As the youngest chartered accountant in Nigeria, have you been given any kind of award or recognition?

For now, nothing. I’m not sure if ICAN is planning to do anything as regards that. The custom of ICAN is just to give prizes to winners to celebrate them, but when we have something like this, such as a young person getting qualified, they might celebrate that person. By May, I would know and there should be a letter to that effect. I’m hopeful that I will be celebrated.

What were your parents’ reactions when they realised you are the youngest chartered accountant in Nigeria?

They were very elated.

Did you ever imagine becoming the youngest chartered accountant in Nigeria?

No, but I had the hope that I would pass all the stages of the examination at once.

How does this achievement make you feel?

I feel so happy and I know also that this is just the beginning and the best is yet to come by the grace of God.

Were there new things you learnt while preparing for your examination as regards accounting?

Yes. In ATS 1, there was a subject called basic accounting processes and systems. Although I had done some topics under this subject in senior secondary school, but it still broadened my knowledge about accounting. This is because of the way I was taught at the centre which made me understand some concept more. This really helped me.

What are your aspirations?

My aspiration for now is to go in for my first degree and make a First Class in accounting.

When you are not reading, what other activities do you engage in?

I read and study my Bible. My father also teaches me how to prepare companies’ account using a life trial balance.

Source: https://tribuneonlineng.com/17-year-old-ojo-jonathan-becomes-youngest-chartered-accountant-in-nigeria/

123 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 17-year-old Ojo Jonathan Becomes Youngest Chartered Accountant In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:40am On Feb 21, 2022
amazing

72 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17-year-old Ojo Jonathan Becomes Youngest Chartered Accountant In Nigeria by Lawlab251: 6:52am On Feb 21, 2022
Wow

12 Likes

Re: 17-year-old Ojo Jonathan Becomes Youngest Chartered Accountant In Nigeria by Healthrelatedjo: 6:58am On Feb 21, 2022
Watch out for this guy

He's going to be our CBN governor in the nearest future.

195 Likes 13 Shares

Re: 17-year-old Ojo Jonathan Becomes Youngest Chartered Accountant In Nigeria by pyyxxaro: 7:13am On Feb 21, 2022
Yoruba Amaka grin

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 17-year-old Ojo Jonathan Becomes Youngest Chartered Accountant In Nigeria by espn(m): 7:32am On Feb 21, 2022
Unfortunately the society doesn't care about this kind of achievement anymore. We only place too much importance on frivolity. Such as...

1. The best twerker
2. The craziest olosho.
3. Best tik tok dancer.
4.. Celebrity with the biggest yansh and breast.
5. Davido is coughing.
6. Wizkid dancing naked.
7. Cuppy feeding her babies (dogs)
8. Chioma see partying with friends.

210 Likes 16 Shares

Re: 17-year-old Ojo Jonathan Becomes Youngest Chartered Accountant In Nigeria by mcmurphy132(m): 7:34am On Feb 21, 2022
Yoruba l'agba

Yoruba. Lead..

86 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 17-year-old Ojo Jonathan Becomes Youngest Chartered Accountant In Nigeria by Osiris12: 8:57am On Feb 21, 2022
espn:
Unfortunately the society doesn't care about this kind of achievement anymore. We only place too much importance on frivolity. Such as...

1. The best twerker
2. The craziest olosho.
3. Best tik tok dancer.
4.. Celebrity with the biggest yansh and breast.
5. Davido is coughing.
6. Wizkid dancing naked.
7. Cuppy feeding her babies (dogs)
8. Chioma see partying with friends.
abi na. This naija sef

The intelligent ones better start to dey achieve things silently

The threads on the front page are usually, the mindset of the mods that run things here..

So childish and immature!!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed tongue tongue

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 17-year-old Ojo Jonathan Becomes Youngest Chartered Accountant In Nigeria by clockwisereport: 9:05am On Feb 21, 2022
Nice one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 17-year-old Ojo Jonathan Becomes Youngest Chartered Accountant In Nigeria by arthurwillia(m): 9:15am On Feb 21, 2022
Every body just dey your chartered for Nigeria, my brother is chartered now but still looking for a job, what's the advantage def an wa o

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17-year-old Ojo Jonathan Becomes Youngest Chartered Accountant In Nigeria by Sylvest09O: 9:44am On Feb 21, 2022
Impressive.

The Future is famila cool

2 Likes

Re: 17-year-old Ojo Jonathan Becomes Youngest Chartered Accountant In Nigeria by Sundaypaul12345: 9:44am On Feb 21, 2022
Congrats

2 Likes

Re: 17-year-old Ojo Jonathan Becomes Youngest Chartered Accountant In Nigeria by Passionate888: 9:45am On Feb 21, 2022
Wow

2 Likes

Re: 17-year-old Ojo Jonathan Becomes Youngest Chartered Accountant In Nigeria by Kingpele(m): 9:45am On Feb 21, 2022
Good boy,may you find help to be able to achieve greatness in this life ,may God close the eyes of your fellow tribesmen who engage in skull mining from mining your skull..because Afonjas are mostly erudite skullars

3 Likes

Re: 17-year-old Ojo Jonathan Becomes Youngest Chartered Accountant In Nigeria by Popsmoke2: 9:46am On Feb 21, 2022
https://www.nairaland.com/do_unshare?post=110409660&redirect=%2Fpopsmoke2%2Fposts%23110409660&session=97BD6BBA2D729FDEB5D4FCE4FBD759905681AC569030E55B50F9BFAAF24B67CB

Make una help me like my story abeg on that page

Re: 17-year-old Ojo Jonathan Becomes Youngest Chartered Accountant In Nigeria by Kunja2: 9:46am On Feb 21, 2022
This is an amazing news. Great news on a Monday morning to keep one going.

Have you guys used an Oraimo powerbank before? Even if Nepa takes light sef, no shaking cos it will charge your phone over 5times.

4 Likes

Re: 17-year-old Ojo Jonathan Becomes Youngest Chartered Accountant In Nigeria by AmazingELixir: 9:46am On Feb 21, 2022
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

And in this same country some useless parents are propagating their uselessness by sending their wards to go and learn yahoo yahoo.

Well done abeg youngman.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17-year-old Ojo Jonathan Becomes Youngest Chartered Accountant In Nigeria by obembet(f): 9:46am On Feb 21, 2022
Healthrelatedjo:
Watch out for this guy

He's going to be our CBN governor in the nearest future.

U don't get to that position on merit sir

13 Likes

Re: 17-year-old Ojo Jonathan Becomes Youngest Chartered Accountant In Nigeria by DontBullshitMe: 9:46am On Feb 21, 2022
His degree will certainly be in Accountancy.

OAU to the rescue. UI does not offer Accountancy, sadly.

8 Likes

Re: 17-year-old Ojo Jonathan Becomes Youngest Chartered Accountant In Nigeria by wonder233: 9:47am On Feb 21, 2022
I hope he goes on to add tangible value to society. That is what really counts.
In Nigeria, we are too fixated on the clout rather than the substance "first person to score 9As in waec", " youngest person to complete a PhD" , etc. But we are not producing, we are not innovative, we are not creating. We just want to brag.
Personally, I don't care if he is 17 or 40. What matters to me is what value his ICAN can add to society.

15 Likes

Re: 17-year-old Ojo Jonathan Becomes Youngest Chartered Accountant In Nigeria by LikeAking: 9:47am On Feb 21, 2022
Rubbish!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 17-year-old Ojo Jonathan Becomes Youngest Chartered Accountant In Nigeria by PressMyButton: 9:47am On Feb 21, 2022
Amazing feat. I celebrate the young chap.
God bless Yoruba for being the pillar of Education.

24 Likes

Re: 17-year-old Ojo Jonathan Becomes Youngest Chartered Accountant In Nigeria by mbahdi(m): 9:47am On Feb 21, 2022
Who is he's father let's start from there

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17-year-old Ojo Jonathan Becomes Youngest Chartered Accountant In Nigeria by naijainstinct: 9:47am On Feb 21, 2022
What an intelligent dude!

The other day, I mentioned on a thread in job section that a lot of teenagers now graduate from secondary school at 14. They kept arguing like ignorant bats....

Personally, I graduated at 14, gained admission almost immediately few months to my 15th birthday and completed BSc at 18+ in a public university. This was in 2005 when private universities weren't even as much as they are today....

I wish this dude all the very best in life. I hope he rises to the pinnacle of his chosen career here in Nigeria or whatever country he will be valued most.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 17-year-old Ojo Jonathan Becomes Youngest Chartered Accountant In Nigeria by chronique(m): 9:47am On Feb 21, 2022
As much as I would like to congratulate him, I fear that this his feat might not translate to much. Accounting is one course that churns out too many graduates and the labor market can hardly absorb them even when they become chartered. In my days of doing ACCA, I knew of an ICAN chartered accountant who was earning 30k per month and came to register for ACCA. This was around 2007 or so. Dude was married with kids, was working on the island and living on the mainland. I was always wondering how he was surviving. The luck this chap would have is that he is pretty young.

3 Likes

Re: 17-year-old Ojo Jonathan Becomes Youngest Chartered Accountant In Nigeria by illuminutty: 9:47am On Feb 21, 2022
How?
Re: 17-year-old Ojo Jonathan Becomes Youngest Chartered Accountant In Nigeria by DoggoneDogg: 9:48am On Feb 21, 2022
Afonja always producing half-baked professionals in their quest to backup the lies that they love education.

Tell me what a 17 year old SS3 graduate knows about real life accounting issues.

Whether he likes it or not, a Chinedu without a degree that has been running stock for his master at Alaba for 5 years will always be more competent at accounting than this half baked immature future skull miner.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17-year-old Ojo Jonathan Becomes Youngest Chartered Accountant In Nigeria by 9jayes: 9:48am On Feb 21, 2022
That thing is now useless

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death / The Two Main Types Of First Class Graduates / Remembering University Days... Define Each Person In This PHOTO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.