Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,736 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

HELP On International Flight Booking - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / HELP On International Flight Booking (1432 Views)

International Flight Returns To Enugu Airport After Two Years / First International Flight Lands In Lagos Airport After 5 Months / NCAA Extends Ban On International Flights Till October (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP On International Flight Booking by Nancyama(f): 7:01pm On Feb 21, 2022
Hello Nairalanders,
I NEED YOUR HELP on how to Book International Flight ticket. I have been booking local flights successfully but now I'm going International.

Should I book the ticket on the intending flight website i.e ETHIOPIA AIRWAYS same way I book other local flights or USE AGENT?

My friend suggested I use Agent to book but I don't know if that's the best option as I want to have
a first hand experience on this.

PLEASE DON'T VIEW AND PASS grin SAY SOMETHING!
Re: HELP On International Flight Booking by Pierocash(m): 7:08pm On Feb 21, 2022
Nancyama:
Hello Nairalanders,
I NEED YOUR HELP on how to Book International Flight ticket. I have been booking local flights successfully but now I'm going International.

Should I book the ticket on the intending flight website i.e ETHIOPIA AIRWAYS same way I book other local flights or USE AGENT?

My friend suggested I use Agent to book but I don't know if that's the best option as I want to have

I don't book flight by myself even on local booking.

Book through agent my dear. You can be debited and your payment won't reflect on the airlines portal. You will get to checking canter on the day of travel only to discover that your data wasn't captured . It could distrupt your travel.

I do all my bookings through agents,I no like wahala

1 Like

Re: HELP On International Flight Booking by Nancyama(f): 7:31pm On Feb 21, 2022
Thank you so much, I appreciate your advice.

Pierocash:

Book through agent my dear. You can be debited and your payment won't reflect on the airlines portal. You will get to checking canter on the day of travel only to discover that your data wasn't captured . It could distrupt your travel.

1 Like

Re: HELP On International Flight Booking by justwise(m): 7:53pm On Feb 21, 2022
Nancyama:
Hello Nairalanders,

Booking directly from the airline website is the best option, its not different from booking local flight, when you book directly through the airline website and anything goes wrong they will sort it out straight way, if you booked through agent and anything goes wrong airline will not attend to you, you will be asked to contact the agent that sold the ticket to you.

A lot of agents are very bad at sorting out issues after collecting your money.

3 Likes

Re: HELP On International Flight Booking by justwise(m): 7:56pm On Feb 21, 2022
Pierocash:

This is not true

1 Like

Re: HELP On International Flight Booking by Nancyama(f): 8:11pm On Feb 21, 2022
Thank you so much. That means I can easily call-out the airline's customer care if anything goes wrong.

This is cool

justwise:

Booking directly from the airline website is the best option, its not different from booking local flight, when you book directly through the airline website and anything goes wrong they will sort it out straight way, if you booked through agent and anything goes wrong airline will not attend to you, you will be asked to contact the agent that sold the ticket to you.

A lot of agents are very bad at sorting out issues after collecting your money.
Re: HELP On International Flight Booking by justwise(m): 8:30pm On Feb 21, 2022
Nancyama:
Thank you so much. That means I can easily call-out the airline's customer care if anything goes wrong.

This is cool

100%

1 Like

Re: HELP On International Flight Booking by Salma07: 10:43pm On Feb 21, 2022
@Nancyama - don't listen to this dude telling you to use an agent. Booking directly from the airline's website is your best bet. Go for it

3 Likes

Re: HELP On International Flight Booking by kponkedenge(m): 10:32am On Feb 22, 2022
Nancyama:
Hello Nairalanders,

If you want to use Ethiopian Airlines, you can go to 3, Idowu Taylor Street VI and book there.

The few times I flew Ethiopian, that's where I booked.

1 Like

Re: HELP On International Flight Booking by HRprof: 1:16pm On Feb 22, 2022
Nancyama:
Hello Nairalanders,

Direct booking is the best, the first time I want to book for international flight I was contemplating either to use agent or book direct like you did, i eventually discovered i can do it myself after i contacted agent and wigh the price he gave me and what I saw on the airline website which is lesser than the agent and went ahead and book direct.
When I told agent I book direct he got angry and told me that my money is gone that is only agent that can book direct flight for airline customers. When I finally landed in Europe I chatted him and he was like buy some coming back.
Agent can tell you anything just to make sure he collect that small change from you. Direct booking help you to directly resolve any issue with airline which agent will not do for you once they are done booking your flight

1 Like

Re: HELP On International Flight Booking by chrysto: 1:32pm On Feb 22, 2022
I will advise you to book directly from their website , which was exactly what I did. I don’t like agents telling one story or the other. You can either book it via their website ( which was what i did) or visit their office direct.

Nancyama:
Hello Nairalanders,

1 Like

Re: HELP On International Flight Booking by Nancyama(f): 10:23pm On Feb 22, 2022
grin grin grin

HRprof:

Direct booking is the best, the first time I want to book for international flight I was contemplating either to use agent or book direct like you did, i eventually discovered i can do it myself after i contacted agent and wigh the price he gave me and what I saw on the airline website which is lesser than the agent and went ahead and book direct.
When I told agent I book direct he got angry and told me that my money is gone that is only agent that can book direct flight for airline customers. When I finally landed in Europe I chatted him and he was like buy some coming back.
Agent can tell you anything just to make sure he collect that small change from you. Direct booking help you to directly resolve any issue with airline which agent will not do for you once they are done booking your flight

(1) (Reply)

Will You Do Anything To Travel Out Of Your Present Country? / Moving To Nigeria / Help Needed On Norwegian University Money Transfer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.