Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,910 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:15 PM

The New Orimolusi Of Ijebu-Igbo, Lawrence Adebajo & His Convoy Hailed By Crowd - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The New Orimolusi Of Ijebu-Igbo, Lawrence Adebajo & His Convoy Hailed By Crowd (34937 Views)

Lawrence Adebajo Installed As Orimolusi Of Ijebu Igbo After 28-Year Legal Battle / Igbo-ona, Ijebu-igbo, Igbomina: Are Yoruba's Historically Tied To Igbo's / In Loving Memory Of The Late King Of Ijebu Igbo Oba Alyeluwa Joel Sowumi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The New Orimolusi Of Ijebu-Igbo, Lawrence Adebajo & His Convoy Hailed By Crowd by lalasticlala(m): 2:01pm On Feb 22, 2022
Obviously, the new Orimolusi is well loved. May his reign bring more peace and joy to the land.

https://twitter.com/TrafficOgun/status/1496057916884987904

Ogun Govt To Crown New Orimolusi Of Ijebu-Igbo On Wednesday

The Ogun State Government will on Wednesday, February 23, 2022 crown the new Orimolusi of Ijebu-Igbo, His Royal Highness, Oba Lawrence Adebajo.

After 28 years of interregnum, a statement by the Secretary to the State Government, Tokunbo Talabi, on Monday, said Oba Adebajo will be crowned in Ijebu-Igbo.

The statement said: “An event of this magnitude would draw sons, daughters, and indeed guests and well-wishers to the ancient town of Ijebu-Igbo.

“Therefore, as a mark of honour for the new monarch and to ensure a memorable event, the Governor of Ogun State, His Excellency, Prince Dapo Abiodun, MFR, has directed that all schools in Ijebu-Igbo and its environs should not open on Wednesday, 23rd February 2022.

“This is to give room for the parents, teachers and indeed learners to partake in the epochal event.

“As the new monarch is inaugurated, the State Government enjoins the people of Ijebu-Igbo and their guests to cooperate with the security operatives and traffic controllers to ensure that the historic ceremony is conducted in an orderly manner.”

https://tribuneonlineng.com/ogun-govt-to-crown-new-orimolusi-of-ijebu-igbo-on-wednesday/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The New Orimolusi Of Ijebu-Igbo, Lawrence Adebajo & His Convoy Hailed By Crowd by oladejie: 2:07pm On Feb 22, 2022
After 28 good years!!! It is worth rolling on the floor...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The New Orimolusi Of Ijebu-Igbo, Lawrence Adebajo & His Convoy Hailed By Crowd by Houseofglam7(f): 2:07pm On Feb 22, 2022
undecided
Re: The New Orimolusi Of Ijebu-Igbo, Lawrence Adebajo & His Convoy Hailed By Crowd by Ejyksneh(m): 2:08pm On Feb 22, 2022

1 Like

Re: The New Orimolusi Of Ijebu-Igbo, Lawrence Adebajo & His Convoy Hailed By Crowd by adioolayi(m): 2:08pm On Feb 22, 2022
May your reign be long... Kabiyesi

9 Likes

Re: The New Orimolusi Of Ijebu-Igbo, Lawrence Adebajo & His Convoy Hailed By Crowd by capetownboyz(m): 2:08pm On Feb 22, 2022
Owo mi da

6 Likes

Re: The New Orimolusi Of Ijebu-Igbo, Lawrence Adebajo & His Convoy Hailed By Crowd by Horpecy(m): 2:08pm On Feb 22, 2022
Wish his hrm the best

2 Likes

Re: The New Orimolusi Of Ijebu-Igbo, Lawrence Adebajo & His Convoy Hailed By Crowd by aycorporat(m): 2:09pm On Feb 22, 2022
This shows that the Oba elect is indeed a popular Royal father.
Can the same be said of others who forcefully lord it over their subjects

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New Orimolusi Of Ijebu-Igbo, Lawrence Adebajo & His Convoy Hailed By Crowd by TotoGame(m): 2:09pm On Feb 22, 2022
"Ijebu-igbo"

Afonjas are really obsessed with Igbos ...they wanna be like us by all means

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New Orimolusi Of Ijebu-Igbo, Lawrence Adebajo & His Convoy Hailed By Crowd by athaboi(f): 2:09pm On Feb 22, 2022
Nonsense

3 Likes

Re: The New Orimolusi Of Ijebu-Igbo, Lawrence Adebajo & His Convoy Hailed By Crowd by Mopolchi: 2:09pm On Feb 22, 2022
Ijebu Igbo ekuse oo!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New Orimolusi Of Ijebu-Igbo, Lawrence Adebajo & His Convoy Hailed By Crowd by Cholls(m): 2:09pm On Feb 22, 2022
heniford2:
Yoruba should ask themselves how come this ijebu-igbo of a name it suppose to be jebu-igbo not Ijebu-igbo undecided yeye

1 Like

Re: The New Orimolusi Of Ijebu-Igbo, Lawrence Adebajo & His Convoy Hailed By Crowd by Jamesbiodun(m): 2:10pm On Feb 22, 2022
I don pack my load na transport remain grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New Orimolusi Of Ijebu-Igbo, Lawrence Adebajo & His Convoy Hailed By Crowd by Ishitinyourlife: 2:10pm On Feb 22, 2022
MrGistGuy:
Sorry to derail this thread ... But hunger is not something one would wish for

Abeg help me with any money to eat today... Sapa na bastard.. Help a brother

Zenith

Pls don't ignore me abeg
Go get a job you lazy ass,no one here owes you a living,not out problem

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New Orimolusi Of Ijebu-Igbo, Lawrence Adebajo & His Convoy Hailed By Crowd by PrinceOfLagos: 2:11pm On Feb 22, 2022
So this was the reason why they shut down schools in Ogun state

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The New Orimolusi Of Ijebu-Igbo, Lawrence Adebajo & His Convoy Hailed By Crowd by Nobody: 2:11pm On Feb 22, 2022
Congratulations..
Re: The New Orimolusi Of Ijebu-Igbo, Lawrence Adebajo & His Convoy Hailed By Crowd by DSC7: 2:12pm On Feb 22, 2022
All na format to collect his small change grin grin

Nigerians no dey hail person for free

Come be like say the whole crowd smoke Ijebu Igbo cheesy

4 Likes

Re: The New Orimolusi Of Ijebu-Igbo, Lawrence Adebajo & His Convoy Hailed By Crowd by Cholls(m): 2:12pm On Feb 22, 2022
heniford2:
Yoruba should ask themselves how come this ijebu-igbo of a name it suppose to be jebu-igbo not Ijebu-igbo undecided yeye
My brother show me your WAEC History result
[img]https:///media/5-26-2021/z0t41w.gif[/img]

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The New Orimolusi Of Ijebu-Igbo, Lawrence Adebajo & His Convoy Hailed By Crowd by Iamgrey5(m): 2:12pm On Feb 22, 2022
Pa Wale Kazim lost out grin

5 Likes

Re: The New Orimolusi Of Ijebu-Igbo, Lawrence Adebajo & His Convoy Hailed By Crowd by Rexymania(m): 2:13pm On Feb 22, 2022
I for give but no raba for aza

MrGistGuy:
Sorry to derail this thread ... But hunger is not something one would wish for

Abeg help me with any money to eat today... Sapa na bastard.. Help a brother

Zenith

Pls don't ignore me abeg

2 Likes

Re: The New Orimolusi Of Ijebu-Igbo, Lawrence Adebajo & His Convoy Hailed By Crowd by hansomb: 2:15pm On Feb 22, 2022
tito44:
Did you know that Ijebu-Igbo was originally founded by the Igbos from the Ika part of present day Delta state. This is the reason it is called Ijebu-Igbo.

Argue with your fore-fathers

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New Orimolusi Of Ijebu-Igbo, Lawrence Adebajo & His Convoy Hailed By Crowd by nellyelitz(m): 2:15pm On Feb 22, 2022
tito44:
Did you know that Ijebu-Igbo was originally founded by the Igbos from the Ika part of present day Delta state. This is the reason it is called Ijebu-Igbo.

Argue with your fore-fathers
hahaha una don start so abi

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

African Art / Suitor Dies In Katsina Marriage Flogging Game / God Told Me To Become Soun Of Ogbomoso – RCCG's Pastor Olaoye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.