Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,450 members, 7,819,663 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

Wakanow Is A Scam - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Wakanow Is A Scam (2631 Views)

Horrible Experience With Wakanow! Avoid!!! / Apart From Wakanow, Is There Any Other Website I Can Use? / Wakanow Has Intentionally Held My Money Since August (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wakanow Is A Scam by Jidemartins(m): 3:46pm On Feb 22, 2022
I booked for a flight tickect to travel down to UK on the 14th of December 2021 and along the line, the purpose of travelling was cancelled. Based on this I cancelled the ticket same day on the evening.

I initiated a refund and which was confirmed and told it will take at most 3 - 8 weeks, but for payment to be made, it's taking forever.

I have been calling their customer service support consistently and following up vai emails yet no response. The most annoying part of it was that I booked the flight at a price of 486,822 and they are offering me 278,808 still yet they are deceiving themselves because I am tired of the whole thing.

To give update on mail is a problem, its only when I call they will remember to send a mail that is if they wish too.

I will be glad if someone can help me with a direct contact most especially their account section in other to enquire what they re doing with my money.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wakanow Is A Scam by shugacaneman: 3:54pm On Feb 22, 2022
Maybe pay the office a visit. Most Nigerian companies may not take action until…

If you don’t get it, forget about it

5 Likes

Re: Wakanow Is A Scam by UncleAbu2: 5:13pm On Feb 22, 2022
No even try accept that money they are offering, collect the full sum you used to book the flight back

1 Like

Re: Wakanow Is A Scam by Jidemartins(m): 7:44pm On Feb 22, 2022
I even registered my acceptance of the money but they pretended as if they no see am and there was no reply to my message.
UncleAbu2:
No even try accept that money they are offering, collect the full sum you used to book the flight back
Re: Wakanow Is A Scam by OnyeObodo: 11:56pm On Feb 22, 2022
Jidemartins:
I even registered my acceptance of the money but they pretended as if they no see am and there was no reply to my message.

Why would you accept anything less than what you paid for? Nigerians are so gullible and weak.

Oga go there office on Allen and create a scenario. Dont damage anything but make sure you stop their operations through decisive actions.

Go on Facebook live and tell your story while in their office. Be shouting they are scammers.

Cooperate entities in Nigeria hate bad publicity. They want to be scamming in peace.

16 Likes

Re: Wakanow Is A Scam by Originalsly: 5:16am On Feb 23, 2022
OnyeObodo:

Cooperate entities in Nigeria hate bad publicity. They want to be scamming in peace.

True. Go peacefully... get the names of those in charge ... the ones you speak to... their names as well before you explode. Threaten to let the whole wide world know they are scammers ... settle for the full refund you must receive before you leave or else whatever happen to them personally... they shouldn't blame you again. Raise the matter on radio or TV.... call in... name names and what they said.

3 Likes

Re: Wakanow Is A Scam by UncleAbu2: 5:47am On Feb 23, 2022
Mynd44
Lalasticlala

Help us push this to front page
Re: Wakanow Is A Scam by mystery22: 2:33pm On Feb 23, 2022
Most of this organizations are scammers,to refund is a problem
Re: Wakanow Is A Scam by MG007: 5:08pm On Feb 23, 2022
It happened to me and my friend too. We booked a return ticket to Dubai in 2020 which got cancelled coz of COVID pandemic. We were told to reschedule or request for a refund but we opted for the refund option. After several mails and calls, nothing has been done up til this moment. Wakanow is a Big fraud!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Wakanow Is A Scam by donforeign: 5:51pm On Feb 23, 2022
MG007:
It happened to me and my friend too. We booked a return ticket to Dubai in 2020 which got cancelled coz of COVID pandemic. We were told to reschedule or request for a refund but we opted for the refund option. After several mails and calls, nothing has been done up til this moment. Wakanow is a Big fraud!
go to their office n create a scene
Re: Wakanow Is A Scam by Jidemartins(m): 11:32am On Feb 25, 2022
So you mean up till now it hasn't been refunded...... It really means that this bastards have been doing it for long.
MG007:

2 Likes

Re: Wakanow Is A Scam by IamE: 10:09pm On Feb 27, 2022
Wahala. I wanna book to uk by March 31st.

Someone told me about wakanow.
Wah I don't understand is why they are being called scammer.

The flight looks cheap on their site.
Have anyone used them successfully coz the complaints i am seeing here is all related to cancelled flight or refund

1 Like

Re: Wakanow Is A Scam by wanney: 9:16pm On Apr 10, 2022
Wakanow is a fraud, I have been reaching out to them on all platforms to refund my money since November 2021. Anyone who knows how to get my money back should assist pls.
Re: Wakanow Is A Scam by jennixyluv: 12:51pm On Jul 18, 2023
How were you able to resolve this? Did you get your refund value from Wakanow? I am in the same situation. Asked for a refund since May 15 but haven’t received any response from the team. It’s going on it’s 10th weeks since refund was initiated. What do you advise should be done, considering that I am not in Nigeria?
Re: Wakanow Is A Scam by emmanuelpopson(m): 1:20pm On Jul 20, 2023
use twitter more and tag big influencers, hashtags and trends.. copy some govt agencies too

jennixyluv:
How were you able to resolve this? Did you get your refund value from Wakanow? I am in the same situation. Asked for a refund since May 15 but haven’t received any response from the team. It’s going on it’s 10th weeks since refund was initiated. What do you advise should be done, considering that I am not in Nigeria?
Re: Wakanow Is A Scam by Ibaku(m): 2:09pm On Jul 20, 2023
Wakanow ......I have never had issues with buying flight tickets from them and my relatives since 2021,but never had a flight cancelled so can't call them a scam. Just follow a legit way to get back your refund.
Re: Wakanow Is A Scam by jesmond3945: 2:35pm On Jul 20, 2023
Jidemartins:
I booked for a flight tickect to travel down to UK on the 14th of December 2021 and along the line, the purpose of travelling was cancelled. Based on this I cancelled the ticket same day on the evening.

I initiated a refund and which was confirmed and told it will take at most 3 - 8 weeks, but for payment to be made, it's taking forever.

I have been calling their customer service support consistently and following up vai emails yet no response. The most annoying part of it was that I booked the flight at a price of 486,822 and they are offering me 278,808 still yet they are deceiving themselves because I am tired of the whole thing.

To give update on mail is a problem, its only when I call they will remember to send a mail that is if they wish too.

I will be glad if someone can help me with a direct contact most especially their account section in other to enquire what they re doing with my money.
refunds are very hard to get from airlines.

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Change My Date Of Birth On International Passport / University of Iceland. How to go about it. / Perfect Vacation In Badagry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.